Endurance Racing

Current real endurance races: (Plenty more in the past I'm sure that aren't around any more).
There are probably a fair few current ones I've missed too.

24 hour races: Zolder, Le Mans, Nurburgring, Spa, Dubai, Daytona, Silverstone (may not happen in 2014 :( ).

12 hours race: Hungaroring, Bathurst, Sebring, Zandvoort, Mugello, Abu Dhabi. Probably others.

10 hours: Petit Le Mans (Road Atlanta).

6 Hours (Mostly FIA World Endurance Championship): Silverstone, Circuit of the Americas, Nurburgring (small version for Blancpain), Fuji, Spa, Interlagos, Shanghai, Bahrain.

3hrs: (Blancpain, ELMS) Monza, Silverstone (x2), Paul Ricard (x2), Imola, Red Bull Ring, Hungaroring.

Also the many other shorter races I've forgotten of the ALMS (usually 2:45), Asian Le Mans Series, VLN, ADAC GT etc.

Personally I'd love as many enduro's as possible, but we need a few new cars first (so we can get better balanced grids of GT4/GT3/GT2/GTE/GT1/LMP1/LMP2 etc etc..

Missing these as they were my most enjoyable challenges in GT5. Being tactical as well as fast always fascinated me.

agree on that, raced the long (4+ hours) with friends, awesome. I'd hoped that the 24 hour of Le Mans would be in GT6.... still have to do that one in GT5.

Really would like to multi-like this thread!!
It is the only major 'miss' in GT6 for me.
This may seem a bit safe or mainstream but here would be my 'Endurance Hall'
1. Grand Valley 300km - a tradition!
2. Indianapolis 500 - using Formula GTs
3. Spa or Brands Hatch 1000km - pre 1989 LM prototypes
4. Roadster 4hrs - Tsukuba or Apricot Hill, another former GT regular
5. Suzuka 1000km - JGTC 500 cars
6. Under the stars - 200 miles on SS Route 5
7. Nordschleife 24hrs
8. Le Mans 24hrs
9. Willow Springs 6hrs - pre 1979 CanAm/GT cars

7. Nordschleife 24hrs
8. Le Mans 24hrs

Good,bud I need more endurances. For me.....about 3O races.

7. Nordschleife 24hrs
8. Le Mans 24hrs

Delete number 4...

10.- Tokyo Route 50 laps, GT500 cars only
11.- Laguna Seca 90 laps with GT3-GT1 cars
12.- 2 hours endurance in Rome: Pre 90's European cars
13.- 45 laps endurance in Trial Mountain: stock cars
14.- Cote de Azur: 78 laps, formula cars
15.- Cape Ring: 40-60 laps: DTM + Super Gt cars
16.- Indy Road Course: 40 Laps: Muscle cars
17.- Spa Classics: Old Race cars, 48 laps
18.- London: 30 laps, under 1200kg cars
19.- Festival Madrid: Supercars, 35 laps
20.- Like the wind: Everything goes: 10 laps, Route X

Are you guys aware that there is a severe bug that makes endurence racing with GT6 complicated at the moment? It affects online and offline modes:

The handling of the cars changes after they receive fresh tyres in the pits! Best to realize with a Audi R8 Race car e.g. as the MR cars are strange at the moment anyways. With tyre set nr. 2, 3, etc the R8 can be handeled easily in contrast to the initial set of rubber. The effect is inverse for FR cars. Its severity varies from car to car. There is no generic rule except that the handling/behaviour of cars really changes.

In offline mode the named bug has an significant impact on tyre wear also (present in online mode, too, but not to that extent like offline)

You can have a look here, where the problem was initially reported and approved:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ops-in-online-mode.294753/page-3#post-9213361

It is also listed as #74 here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/things-in-gt6-you-want-fixed-please-read-bold-first.291914/

Until its not fixed, endurance racing is not possible on a solid, competitive basis. Our German community (www.konsolenracer.de) is not able to run cups/series/leagues due to that problem. We organize 1,5-2h races since years now with GT and are really disappointed by that bug, as physics in general have improved a lot with GT6...

Thats right Fong74! At the Moment its not possible to make any endurence races!
The PIT Stop Bug or Tyre Bug is so bad which makes anyone of us really sad about GT 6!
Its such a good Game but without pitstops or endurence races its so bad!

Polyphony Digital pls in the name of all GT Fans: First of all FIX THAT BUG!!!!!!!

Once the "Bug" has been fixed, it would be great to have an Endurance section within GT6 (both A & B Spec).

One of the BEST things about the Gran Turismo series is the Passion that it encourages in Gamers for Racing.
Polyphony Digital work long & hard to make their Games as good as possible.
But lets face facts, none of them have been 100% perfect.

Rather than slate PD for Errors/Omissions, praise them for what they've done well and suggest ways things could be improved, by using forums like this to air your views.

Chances are, most of use have played other games in the past, that did something in an exciting / fun or ultra realistic way. Could these things be incorporated into the GT Experience ?

Sure Basher, GT is great. It always was when it comes to racing on consoles....no dispute here. GT is also that good because it makes endurance racing on consoles possible. No competitor around for this if you ask me.

Just trying to address that handling-change bug around this board, so it becomes visible to PD hopefully. I Don't know of a better channel at the moment through which I could address that issue

:gtpflag:

If they fix that bug and give us proper endurance races (replace current 24 min ones with 24 hours with much much much much larger rewards) I might just stop me playing pc sims 99%.

i´d play gt5 online in a fantastic League. we celebrate distance about 2 hours, sometimes more for one race. but at the moment with the tirebug i´m searching for the fun in endurance races. you start with a very good feeling and after the first pit and a new set of tires, you have a diffrent car with diffrent laptimes in one race with one sorte of tires .... :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

Yeah the "Pit bug" & "Tyre bug" needs fixing fast and I would also add to these bug's the incredible amounts of disconnections during longer races on the GT6 server, I am in a championship at the moment that my friends and I organised but it is getting to be impossible because we start a 40 lap Spa race with fifteen drivers and end with six or seven, I have been disconnected three times out of five races so far and I am thinking of giving it up now because it is so disheartening getting disconnected after doing 30 laps of a forty lap race and being in second place when this has happened and it's not just the race but all the practice and setting up of the car before hand that all goes to waste and I am talking hours.
My internet connection is super fast so it is not my connection it's the GT6 servers at fault and as I am not keen on short races this leaves me with little joy out of online racing now.
I hope they sort this asap because I am fast loosing patients with this game altogether.

@Chris Cox:
Few hints on that.....Try smaller lobbies (12 work just fine), turn voice off for the race lobby (we meet in a voice lobby before the races, discuss everything needed and then hop into a new no-voice-lobby), make the lobby size fit exactly the amount of drivers participating so no ppl can join and quit the lobby which sometimes results in problems (size is defined in the voice-lobby we meet before the real race), and last but not least: choose a lobby-host you have good experience with clean and stable lobbies (there are differences as you surely now)

Like that you can minimize the disco problems. At least that is our experience

Once the "Bug" has been fixed, it would be great to have an Endurance section within GT6 (both A & B Spec).

One of the BEST things about the Gran Turismo series is the Passion that it encourages in Gamers for Racing.
Polyphony Digital work long & hard to make their Games as good as possible.
But lets face facts, none of them have been 100% perfect.

Rather than slate PD for Errors/Omissions, praise them for what they've done well and suggest ways things could be improved, by using forums like this to air your views.

Chances are, most of use have played other games in the past, that did something in an exciting / fun or ultra realistic way. Could these things be incorporated into the GT Experience ?
Well said, the game looks and feels stunning, and from the constant tweets and updates from Kaz & the PD dev team I feel certain that these guys ARE listening to us.
Any negatives are just nit-picking.
No matter how many other racers/sims I try, I keep coming back to the GT series.
Admittedly Forza on XBox One looks stunning but the physics model still licks balls even stood next to GT1!!

@Chris Cox:
Few hints on that.....Try smaller lobbies (12 work just fine), turn voice off for the race lobby (we meet in a voice lobby before the races, discuss everything needed and then hop into a new no-voice-lobby), make the lobby size fit exactly the amount of drivers participating so no ppl can join and quit the lobby which sometimes results in problems (size is defined in the voice-lobby we meet before the real race), and last but not least: choose a lobby-host you have good experience with clean and stable lobbies (there are differences as you surely now)

Like that you can minimize the disco problems. At least that is our experience

Cheers my friend I will give your tips a try, makes sense to me. much appreciated.

Latest Posts

Back