Enhance Your Skills - Race 4, official results in first post

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mad94d
  • 229 comments
  • 13,515 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed up at the bus stop again too, too slow entering, but I smoked 'em exiting.. (Spyrrari..)

yeah,did a few laps today too,had some very good laps but screwed them all up in the bus stop,whas 0.2 agead of the nr 1...:ouch::ouch:....its what timeattack said:or the midfield goos well and you messup the chicane or vice verca...just a matter of time to get the good lap in..problem is i dont have much time(only 20 minutes today)comming days...maybe come home quickly for lunch tomorrow and have one more go...:sly:



spyrrari.
 
I think at the end of this, we will see P 1 -5 in the 1'42's..We will get it guys..
 
Doubt it, i predict 2-3 at most, i wont be geting that low i dont think, with all due respect i dont think you will get 0.4 off your time because it requires a huge improvement but you did a very good solid lap.
 
Last edited:
Woulnt be surpised if mad94 came back and did another superb lap at the last minute and steal another poduim.
 
great times guys. 👍 I spent the whole weekend on vacation, and have a lot to catch up now.:ouch:
 
Woulnt be surpised if mad94 came back and did another superb lap at the last minute and steal another poduim.

That's the plan.:D I've only had a very brief go so far. Hopefully I can go faster. Some very impressive time from you guys though, I'll do well to beat those.
 
Me too on finding time to play GT. My wife doesn't like me spending too much time on video games. So i can only play when she's not home or fall asleep...

yeah,did a few laps today too,had some very good laps but screwed them all up in the bus stop,whas 0.2 agead of the nr 1...:ouch::ouch:....its what timeattack said:or the midfield goos well and you messup the chicane or vice verca...just a matter of time to get the good lap in..problem is i dont have much time(only 20 minutes today)comming days...maybe come home quickly for lunch tomorrow and have one more go...:sly:



spyrrari.
 
Dan is simply amazing. I often wonder how much time did it take Dan to get all those world records in GT4...

Hey, ran 3 sessions yesterday and completed a clean lap of 1'42.668, it was a solid lap time and the final chickane was timed perfectly, something I only managed once after 5 or so hours at it!

To say that this combo is difficult is an understatement, but with persistance, it becomes a rewarding one. video posted shortly
 
I'm not going to be able to have another go at this before the deadline. I'm submitting my 1:45.118 now. I know I have a 1:44 in me, but I just can't string it all together.

At least I can say that my skills have been enhanced by this experience.
 
Me too on finding time to play GT. My wife doesn't like me spending too much time on video games. So i can only play when she's not home or fall asleep...

same here...:scared:.....lol



spyrrari.
 
Went faster, but this car is so frustrating to drive.:banghead: I think i'm up to 5th in rankings now. I'll Probably have one more big go before the deadline.
 
Went faster, but this car is so frustrating to drive.:banghead: I think i'm up to 5th in rankings now. I'll Probably have one more big go before the deadline.

Nice time mate, im going to have 1 more session too.

2-3 tenths is all i can hope for :)
 
Nice time mate, im going to have 1 more session too.

2-3 tenths is all i can hope for :)

Same here. I don't think i'll get into the 42's. Not skilled enough for that.

Might have a couple of races in that AU/NZ racing event tonight.👍
 
Same here. I don't think i'll get into the 42's. Not skilled enough for that.

Might have a couple of races in that AU/NZ racing event tonight.👍

superquick times you guys are doing.👍 Can't see me being up there this round. my splits tell me I have a sub 44, but like others have mentioned, its a matter of stringing them together for a lap. I should have started this one earlier !
 
had quick session(sneeked out of office for lunch...lol)and made it up to 4th....frustratingly i whas 0.1 sec ahead of Jinx his split before the busstop...only to loose 0.4 sec in that freeking thing AGAIN!!!!!.....man,this busstop is killing me softly............




spyrrari.
 
Great time spyrrari.👍 I know how you feel, keep at it.
 
Ah, I've been caught, tonight I will have one last run to get into the '42's.. I am not saying I won't be able to do it, but I do believe I can. If anything I can beat first places time.
 
1'43.469
Glad to be this far up to be honest, sooooooooo many times ive gone spinning off at 100+, be surpised if i get more than another 0.1 off.
 
1'43.469
Glad to be this far up to be honest, sooooooooo many times ive gone spinning off at 100+, be surpised if i get more than another 0.1 off.

👍 Great time, don't doubt yourself. ;)
 
Thanks, not my usual kinda combo thats why i picked it before i resigned to try and get better, incredibly difficult to hit 3 good sectors at this track at the best of times but with this beast i think its a nightmare.
 
Crap...looks like a lot of you guys are really making a move toward the top of the charts :) I knew it was only a matter of time :nervous:

had quick session(sneeked out of office for lunch...lol)and made it up to 4th....frustratingly i whas 0.1 sec ahead of Jinx his split before the busstop...only to loose 0.4 sec in that freeking thing AGAIN!!!!!.....man,this busstop is killing me softly............spyrrari.

:lol: Same here mate...at least you made some nice gains recently 👍 I'm suprised I haven't smashed my controller or anything else into smitherines yet :crazy:...I don't think I've ever gotten this frustrated finding those few tenths that I KNOW I'm quite capable of. Like you, I keep going up big in the infield and then end up throwing away the advantage in the chicane, or vice versa. Instead of gaining 4-5 tenths on my PB like I should, I end up only improving a tenth thanks to the chicane ALWAYS finding a way to upset the balance of the car...only when I have a good run going of course :lol: It's amazing really...


Ah, I've been caught, tonight I will have one last run to get into the '42's.. I am not saying I won't be able to do it, but I do believe I can. If anything I can beat first places time.

I took a look at your replay and it definately seems like a 42 is well within reach for you 👍. You would have likely had a 42 in the bag had you nailed the entry at the bus stop and a carried more speed through there on that run. You did get a solid exit though 👍 Good luck bro.
 
Problem i have is once i nail a great T1[.6xx], i can never seen to get close again its so annoying. Then when you know you just need a decent run through the last part to improve and then u mess up.
 
Exactly. It's like bad a dream at times :lol: I could swear this car has a mind of its own...and a sick one at that haha :crazy: You get the infield down and then it always manages to find a way to throw your lap down the drain by getting out of line through the chicane...laughing at you like a demon while doing so :sly: Like I said earlier, of course when I have a crap run going through the infield, it's like the car just floats through the chicane without a hiccup. I'm sure it's just me though. Those tiny bumps in the road don't help either :grumpy:
 
Thanks TA :)

I will do my best, I really will..I hope I get GTP into the top spot.

Dude, I love this car. I know what she wants.. If you give her too much she spits at you. If you give her too little she disappoints you. I love this track, it matches my driving style. I was a Nascar born racer.
 
Very frustrating combo ,
but I managed to get a clean lap together with a desent time.
1'47.128 grabbed the Spot #69 with that :D
With TCS set to 1 I'm struggling to not get killed in the ovals
while accelerating and tryin to not steer too mutch.



MadMax
 
Quite a challenge for us 6-axis guys :lol: Regardless of what anyone else thinks
 
I'm still waiting for Fanatec to ship my GT3 RS wheel w/ clubsport pedals. I pre-ordered it about 2 months ago and it is supposed to ship at the end of this month. I sure hope it arrives on time.
 
I'm still waiting for Fanatec to ship my GT3 RS wheel w/ clubsport pedals. I pre-ordered it about 2 months ago and it is supposed to ship at the end of this month. I sure hope it arrives on time.

I hope it arrives before the Sixaxis championship semi finals :D

All the best
Maz
 
Managed another session on the public holiday yesterday and performed a 1'42.325 as my final submitted time, made a cockpit view replay aswell, uploading now, cheers
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back