Erdogan the Dictator.

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 497 comments
Seeing how many times he shouted Allah Akbar, you could be right.
To be expected that Islamists would have also infiltrated in the Turkish police or military by now, especially seeing the current trend set by uncle Erdo over there.

What baffles me is that it looks like he was the only armed bodyguard there. I guess the Russians will bring their own security detail from now on, but unfortunately for mister Karlov that will have come too late.

The ambassador's dead. Hello :censored:ing Monday.

The gunner's been shot, too. Who was he, someone from security?..

Well, Erdogan just barely regained relations with RF and now this 🤬 happens. I suppose his government will do their best to find everyone involved in this crime. Possibly another wave of massive imprisonments (like after the coup attempt) is coming.

The RF Foreign Ministry qualifies this crime as a 'terrorist act'.

The ambassador's dead. Hello :censored:ing Monday.

The gunner's been shot, too. Who was he, someone from security?..

Well, Erdogan just barely regained relations with RF and now this 🤬 happens. I suppose his government will do their best to find everyone involved in this crime. Possibly another wave of massive imprisonments (like after the coup attempt) is coming.

The RF Foreign Ministry qualifies this crime as a 'terrorist act'.

So, when's the annexation of the Russian province Turkey?

Erdogan will probably just blame Golen rather then admit ISIS exists, there is still more places to power grab for him and it's easy to blame his opposition.

I bet that if the attacker didn't yell "allah akbar", he would have blamed it on the Kurds again.
Well most Kurds are muslim so he could still do it lol, but they tend to be more ethno/nationalist then religious, which makes sense given they lack a country and all.

Well most Kurds are muslim so he could still do it lol, but they tend to be more ethno/nationalist then religious, which makes sense given they lack a country and all.
But the Kurds have no reason to attack Russia, nor the ambassador.

No, you were right the first time. This was a Turkish Government-ordered attack. It was just that ISIS was the instrument that they used to carry it out. By the way that Turkey is still buying ISIS oil to launder to the rest of the world, they are still pals in religious belief, and it shows in their trade agreements. Russia is an obstacle to ISIS goals of a caliphate in the region, and the goatlover still thinks himself as a caliph. Assassinating an ambassador is nothing to further their goals.

Reportedly, the assasin was a former policeman who was fired after coup attempt because his group was suspected to be involved in the coup.

Can't be sure about anything, but there may be some ISIS connection.

Last week, a group of migrants (three Tajiks and one Moldovan) were arrested preparing terrorist attacks in Moscow. They said they were receiving orders from their ISIS 'emissar' from... Turkey.
A few days ago, there was a shooting in Chechnya where four pro-ISIS bandits tried to seize a police car, killing four policemen (they probably tried to do something more serious, but failed, they were killed by the police).

After failing with an attack in Russia, the Daesh may have hit Russia outside our territory. Like that Airbus in Egypt.
Also fishy coincidence with the truck attack in Berlin and shooting in Zurich in the same day (but IDK who are the suspects yet).

Edit: the Turkish police has arrested the assasin's mother and sister. Erdogan phoned Putin and condemned the murder. Putin called it a 'provocation'.

Last edited:
Reportedly, the assasin was a former policeman who was fired after coup attempt because his group was suspected to be involved in the coup.

Last week, a group of migrants (three Tajiks and one Moldovan) were arrested preparing terrorist attacks in Moscow. They said they were receiving orders from their ISIS 'emissar' from... Turkey.
A few days ago, there was a shooting in Chechnya where four pro-ISIS bandits tried to seize a police car, killing four policemen (they probably tried to do something more serious, but failed, they were killed by the police).

After failing with an attack in Russia, the Daesh may have hit Russia outside our territory. Like that Airbus in Egypt.
Also fishy coincidence with the truck attack in Berlin and shooting in Zurich in the same day (but IDK who are the suspects yet).

Edit: the Turkish police has arrested the assasin's mother and sister. Erdogan phoned Putin and condemned the murder. Putin called it a 'provocation'.

May be that people who supported the moderate Hizmet and Fetullah Gulen decided to move a wee further towards ExtremismLand, and joined up ISIS outright (or at the very least, groups which sympathize with the IS). The attacks in Berlin and Zurich may point to a coordinated attack of very dubious strategic value.

Our media is being vague about it, but they are suggesting that the shooter was pro-rebel/anti-Assad and that the assassination was motivated by the bombing of Aleppo.

The whole assassination is straight out of a Bond film, especially since the shooter was in a suit, well groomed, and looked rather professional. He also had some killer (no pun intended) trigger discipline too in the photos just after the shooting.

I do wonder if this is going to be some sort of Franz Ferdinand moment though as some new outlets are suggesting.

I do wonder if this is going to be some sort of Franz Ferdinand moment though as some new outlets are suggesting.
It's hard to say. Turkey are claiming that the shooter was a Gulenist, while Russia believes the attack was aimed at destabilising the relationship between the two countries. Meanwhile, the gunman's speech at the time of the shooting has been published which seems to suggest that it was a revenge attack.

All things being equal, I'd take the assassination of an ambassador as warranting a harsh response. But Russia has to be careful, as Turkey has a firm grip on Russia's nads (Straits of the Dardanelles - outlet of the Black Sea to the Med and beyond).

And, like clockwork, the Russians have come up with a conspiracy theory that the West was behind it to destabilise the relationship between Russia and Turkey, limiting the possibility of a peaceful resolution in Syria.

They might as well have mentioned Counter-Guerilla while they were at it.

And, like clockwork, the Russians have come up with a conspiracy theory that the West was behind it to destabilise the relationship between Russia and Turkey, limiting the possibility of a peaceful resolution in Syria.

They might as well have mentioned Counter-Guerilla while they were at it.
Source? As far as I am aware Russia and Turkey are nowhere close to friends right now over Syria especially when Turkey shot down one of Russia's fighter jets last year in Syrian airspace while they (Turkey) had no real operational authority in the area. If anything, trade is the precise reason why they are even talking right now.

May be that people who supported the moderate Hizmet and Fetullah Gulen decided to move a wee further towards ExtremismLand, and joined up ISIS outright (or at the very least, groups which sympathize with the IS). The attacks in Berlin and Zurich may point to a coordinated attack of very dubious strategic value.
I Don't believe any of the propaganda that this is from Gulen people, Erdogan just uses that nonsense to claim he needs to clean the swamp and make a power grab.

I Don't believe any of the propaganda that this is from Gulen people, Erdogan just uses that nonsense to claim he needs to clean the swamp and make a power grab.
That's why it makes no sense. Erdogan would have us believe that the shooter was a Gulenist sympathiser - but if that's the case, why didn't they pick him up sooner? They just had a nationwide crackdown on Gulenist sympathisers, but they somehow missed this guy despite knowing about him in advance - they claim that he took leave on the weekend of the coup attempt, presenting it as evidence of foreknowledge. Furthermore, assassinating a foreign diplomat is inconsistent with their alleged motive of the Gulenist movement; to create a parallel shadow government to one day overthrow the elected government.

That's why it makes no sense. Erdogan would have us believe that the shooter was a Gulenist sympathiser - but if that's the case, why didn't they pick him up sooner? They just had a nationwide crackdown on Gulenist sympathisers, but they somehow missed this guy despite knowing about him in advance - they claim that he took leave on the weekend of the coup attempt, presenting it as evidence of foreknowledge. Furthermore, assassinating a foreign diplomat is inconsistent with their alleged motive of the Gulenist movement; to create a parallel shadow government to one day overthrow the elected government.
Pretty much proves the culling they did was just to remove people that disprove of him and nothing else.

Jaysh al-Fatah - a radical Islamist organization fighting against Assad in Syria - claimed responsibility for killing the ambassador. The Turkish police found Islamist literature in the murderer's house. 13 people are arrested, mostly his family.

The Turkish officials said the street where the Russian embassy in Ankara is located will be named after Andrey Karlov.
They also blame Gulen, but Gulen condemned the crime too and expressed condolences do Karlov's family.

So, when's the annexation of the Russian province Turkey?
I don't think so. The Turkish government is cooperating with RF here, promised to punish everyone responsible and the police is looking for the culprits (at least it looks so).
The Turkish embassy in Moscow is taken under reinforced security, too.

And, like clockwork, the Russians have come up with a conspiracy theory that the West was behind it
Generalization reminder.
By using "the Russians" here, you might be misleading the readers.

Yes, there are some people who suspect the Western powers of this. A Kremlin senator said he assumes so, the journalists are speculating about this (they wouldn't be journalists if they didn't), and Zhirinovsky told that too (which is not surprising at all, this man is a kind of clown). But on the high diplomacy level, no one accused NATO or US or any specific country, neither the president, nor the Foreign Ministry. They only said it was a 'provocation to destabilise the Russia-Turkey relations'.

However, since Jaysh al-Fatah is backed by Saudi Arabia and Qatar, that are allies of the West, that statement may have some sense.

Last edited:
Jaysh al-Fatah - a radical Islamist organization fighting against Assad in Syria - claimed responsibility for killing the ambassador. The Turkish police found Islamist literature in the murderer's house. 13 people are arrested, mostly his family.

The Turkish officials said the street where the Russian embassy in Ankara is located will be named after Andrey Karlov.
They also blame Gulen, but Gulen condemned the crime too and expressed condolences do Karlov's family.

I don't think so. The Turkish government is cooperating with RF here, promised to punish everyone responsible and the police is looking for the culprits (at least it looks so).

Generalization reminder.

Yes, there are some people who suspect the Western powers of this. A Kremlin senator said he assumes so, the journalists are speculating about this (they wouldn't be journalists if they didn't), and Zhirinovsky told that too (which is not surprising at all, this man is a kind of clown). But on the high diplomacy level, no one accused NATO or US or any specific country, neither the president, nor the Foreign Ministry. They only said it was a 'provocation to destabilise the Russia-Turkey relations'.

However, since Jaysh al-Fatah is backed by Saudi Arabia and Qatar, that are allies of the West, that statement may have some sense.
Which I still don't buy. ISIS has become a murder cult that is founded on symbolism. Why on God's green Earth would the assassin use the ISIS salute (the pointer finger of the right hand held high in the sky), and then turn around and mention alleged atrocities that Syria and Russia committed in Aleppo in his declaration speech, something that ISIS had no involvement with? None of the dot-connecting has made any sense in this investigation, and I sure wouldn't trust the Turks to get it done.

Correction: It was the right hand, not the left.

Correction: It was the right hand, not the left.
I'm confused. He had the gun in his right hand and his left hand in the air.
_93036139_036959028-1-jpg.615059

I'm confused. He had the gun in his right hand and his left hand in the air.
ISIS most commonly uses the right hand. Why the assassin would switch hands from the norm is pretty much unclear at this point in time.

Any form of symbolism that one might extract from the assassination must be gone over with a fine-toothed comb.

Though I find it ironic that Jaish al-Fatah (the group claiming responsibility) is not only allied with Saudi Arabia and Qatar but Turkey as well. If I were Russia, I wouldn't trust Turkey at this point in the game.

Generalization reminder.

Turkey is in Bed with the Qataris and the Saudis though so what are you expecting.

Russia is Allies with Iran and the Syrian Government, which all 3 are heavily against, Russia doesn't want to think the worst of Turkey while things seem to be recovering but seriously I wouldn't look past it.

I would bet alot in the Turkish Government are soo hostile to Russia simply for giving the Armenians, Armenia after the collapse of the soviet union, and Not to mention Russian Sympathy for Kurdish statehood.

...Another double post?! How did this happen? Stop the press!!

Anyways. I found this while surfing the rough sea aka Interwebz. Thought I share it with you.

15726637_1337891029595863_8477868464605745689_n.jpg

Merry X-Mas to y'all.

In re western force behind the Russian Ambassador assassination...

The unlikely but successful alliance between Russia, Iran and Turkey to turn the tide, and potentially to win the war and effect a political settlement in Syria is surprising, and probably deeply shocking and disturbing to many western powers. The US, Britain, France and Israel all had very different outcomes in mind and are certainly very bothered their schemes are scuppered. While one of these powers may not itself have directly plotted the assassination, they are all surely quite happy it happened and very disappointed it failed to scuttle Turkey's alliance in the new arrangement of power in the middle east.

Prediction: The failure to prevent the Russian, Iranian (and now Turkey's) military and political strides in the middle east will bring redoubled motivation for western intelligence agency leadership to cause trouble. However, political and economic strains in the west will limit their operations.

Back