Escudo & GTOne 1000 + MPH

• Thread starter dayboy2k1
  • 630 comments
Famine
Funnily enough, I broke out the other day, through annoyance, in a completely standard Shelby Cobra at 147mph (236km/h).

It's not necessarily speed that does it - although a significant thump doesn't hurt.

Just rub the wall and haul the wheel/sticks/buttons hard away from the track as you impact. That should do it nicely. Works 9 times out of 8 for me.
Today I did it with the GT-One and I was only doing about 130mph.

Yes, that figure, 2147483647, is the highest figure the game can compute, and sometimes the PS2 - crashes during this glitch are not unusual.

Cheating though this is, whilst staying on the track, i got 3400mph in a hybrid Evo 7 rallycar.

DUDE! How the heck do you guys reach those numbers?!?!?!?! O_O I can barely go over 270 mph with the Escudo! Is it my LSD set up that I did wrong? Cause, I don't touch that, I keep it stock. Is that the secret? Setting up the LSD?? Cause, I sure damn want to pass the 300 mph mark.

lol calm down bud. Ive done it over and over to show other people who dont know how to do it to freak them out. Then after all of this transpires I got out driving because there's nothing else to do.

Hey,
I've driven 2410 KM/H or so with my Gt-One. And ±18000 KM/H but my PS2 froze...

I don't know how much Miles Per Hour all that is. You do the math; 100 KM/H is 60 MP/H 👍 hehe

Jean Paul

Right - time to clear up a couple of things...

Wheelie Trick: works on the following cars (PAL UK version)
Escudo
GT-One
R390 GT1
Pagani Zonda LM Race Car
Mazda 787B

However, only the GT-One and Escudo can go above 1500km/h.
The Escudo manages around 1550km/h max - using manual gearing. The GT-One, in the slipstream of another AI GT-One, achieved 2500km/h+ - i.e. 1435mph or so.
Without a tow, it managed 1973.5km/h - 1232mph.

I know someone said that this is because the wheels are spinning and you are not actually doing that speed. WRONG:

Proof 1). Look at the map showing your position when driving. The little green dot moves at an incredible rate when you're doing 1900km/h.

Proof 2). The Lap Time. I clocked 1min 4.443 secs about the Test Course - at 10342m in length, my average speed is thus 10342/64.443 metres per second; multiply by 3.6 to get km/h - gives you 577.7km/h, or 361.1 mph. AVERAGE SPEED. Thus you must be going well above the normal top-speed of the car.

Proof 3) During a 15 lap race I lapped the AI 5 times - the AI being GT-One; R390GT1, etc. Thus the car is actually doing that speed.

Proof 4) Use the exterior camera, you'll see the road markings and overhead distance markers flash by ridiculously fast. If you measure the time taken for a board to pass (0.3 secs, thereabouts); and its 100m between each - speed is 100/0.3 = 333metres per sec, *3.6 gives 1200km/h. Thus you are actually doing that speed in the game.

Enough proof?!? :sly:

Finally - WHY DO YOU ALL drive the Escudo?!? It cannot steer, ever. The game physics is designed such as the higher the speed, the less the front wheels turn (try it in First gear, gently rev the car whilst holding full lock. You'll see the angle of the wheels reduces). Yes its quick but I agree - its toy, not a racing car. Bit like my PINK toyota Yaris. :yuck: :yuck: :crazy: :grumpy: I hate that car more than I hate Ridge Racer.

The reason why the car's dont steer during the wheelie-trick is stupifyingly obvious - the steering wheels arent touching the ground!!

So there we have it.
</rant>

RenesisEvo
Finally - WHY DO YOU ALL drive the Escudo?!? It cannot steer, ever. The game physics is designed such as the higher the speed, the less the front wheels turn (try it in First gear, gently rev the car whilst holding full lock. You'll see the angle of the wheels reduces). Yes its quick but I agree - its toy, not a racing car. Bit like my PINK toyota Yaris. :yuck: :yuck: :crazy: :grumpy: I hate that car more than I hate Ridge Racer.

The reason why the car's dont steer during the wheelie-trick is stupifyingly obvious - the steering wheels arent touching the ground!!

So there we have it.
</rant>

my thoughts exactly, except the escudo is funnie. its better when combined with the 'leaving the track' glitch on seattle.

RenesisEvo
Right - time to clear up a couple of things...

Escudo
GT-One
R390 GT1
Pagani Zonda LM Race Car
Mazda 787B

And "others". The Denso Sard Supra GT, for instance.

RenesisEvo
Finally - WHY DO YOU ALL drive the Escudo?!? It cannot steer, ever. The game physics is designed such as the higher the speed, the less the front wheels turn (try it in First gear, gently rev the car whilst holding full lock. You'll see the angle of the wheels reduces). Yes its quick but I agree - its toy, not a racing car.

I drive the Escudo sparingly. You are incorrect to say that it cannot steer. With some gentle coaxing through suspension tuning it does, in fact, turn. Not terribly well, admittedly, but I ran the Rome 2hr Endurance race in it. Clean. It was almost as fast as the Tommy kaira ZZ-II at the flag.

RenesisEvo
Escudo
GT-One
R390 GT1
Pagani Zonda LM Race Car
Mazda 787B

Does it work on both the GT-One Race Car and the Road Car? or only on the Race Car?
because I can't get it to work on the GT-One Road Car

I don't see a post made by someone called Josh in the past year on this thread (i.e. the last page) so that site/link will be over a year old, so you can't just expect it to still be there.

Polyphony001
I don't see a post made by someone called Josh in the past year on this thread (i.e. the last page) so that site/link will be over a year old, so you can't just expect it to still be there.
He's quoting a post that was made in July 2001. :rolleyes:

WOOOOHOOOO!!! I DID IT!!! 1918.0km/h (1191.78mph) with Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Version. i dont have any proof, but if u dont believe me i dont care cause i know i did it! :)

lol
i did what josh said but instead of final gear ratio at 3.00 i put it down to 2.00 and the auto setting at the highest. seemed to work. and if that doesnt work put the 6th ratio at the lowest too, thats what i did :)

Well If you find that funny, don't forget to try the Seattle Infinity miles per hour trick.
If you haven't heard it, get any fast car that will wheely (the escudo is not first choice because you need it to steer)
Drive it down the straight of Seattle reverse right from the hairpin prior to it, to get up some good speed (160mph+ is required), then aim to hit the corner of the wall along the right hand side of the straight as you drive along it. Wall riding, if possible, helps. If you do it right, you'll hit the wall, move slowly through it and then appear on the other side, outside the landscape. You then wheely on your unlimited straight and the speed climbs exponentially, up to somewhere around 2,200,000,000km/h. The game sometimes crashes at this point, so save before do. If it doesn't though, you get to save a cool replay.
Be advised there is other cool stuff to do outside the landscape too, like aim for some track above you, when you're on the floor, the game automatically boosts your height to be back on the track, but overdoes it and you get several thousand feet of air if you do it right.
Have fun! LOL:)

Back