Escudo (real pics).

  • Thread starter Thread starter Juanmax
  • 48 comments
  • 1,980 views
Messages
10
I was wondering if the ESCUDO Pikes Peak was a real life car, and the answer is yes, i found these pics ;) :


escudo.jpg


escudo4.jpg


escudo2.jpg


escudo3.jpg
 
Hey those can't be real, its actually ON the road! I know mine never is :) Too busy flying off it at high speeds.
 
For future referance, every single car in any of the GT games are real!!!

They have to be so the creator can get the real life tachometer, red line, engine sounds etc~!
 
there's no fake carsd in gt3 (or gt2, or gt1) and there probably never be!!!
 
First off, thanx for those incredible pics!! They are amazing!!

After reading the blurb that comes up when ur in the car dealers I had realized what it was built for but to see it for real is something else, that rear "wing"really is as big as it looks but just imagine driving it in real life, you'd need some knda death wish:D

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else but since getting GT3 I keep seeing the cars in the game on the streets or in mags and I don't just mean the Impreza's, Skylines, Civic's and Audi TT's either!

I've seen the EVO VII, Vanqusih and Speed 6 in a british blokes mag (FHM) and I spotted a Honda S2000 whilst out driving, recongized it immediately thanx to those lovely accurate in game models!!
 
i dont think every car in gt3 IS real, the s2000LM, FTOLM, RX-7LM, and the AltezzaLM race cars.
 
Originally posted by miester
i dont think every car in gt3 IS real, the s2000LM, FTOLM, RX-7LM, and the AltezzaLM race cars.

Every single car in GT3 is real! Those cars at JGTC cars, u wont find them in america only in Japan!
 
Way to do some research... nice pictures!!! Got to love that car... the set up is amazing!! :D ;)
 
One little thing. The first picture of the Escudo is different from the others. I'm beginning to think that that top one is a replacement for the one below. Could you direct me please?

Also, the Escudo is a turbocharged Baleno or Grand Vitara, if you see any of those 2 cars, you'll know what an Escudo is.
 
Yeah - the Escudo's a Pike's Peak car.

Can't remember the Japanese guy's name - but the car's twin engined, and so. Clearly insane...

... but in a good way...
 
I'd like to see that rear spoiler going through a car wash though.

Ha ha
 
Originally posted by ZeroCool85


Every single car in GT3 is real! Those cars at JGTC cars, u wont find them in america only in Japan!

No they arent. The LM cars are "hypothetical" cars. They are cars that COULD exist but dont. They are meant to fill in the gaps that are left between "racing cars" and "production cars."

Some of these cars have been built, but the cars in the game are not modeled after them. (i.e. there is a 4wd altezza running around on some rally circuit, but it aint got no 900 hp) There are no 900 hp AWD mitsubishi FTOs. There is no such thing as a 1000 hp S2000. The JGTC cars are cool, but not like this. These are fantasy cars. Anything that has a specific corporate sponsor is a real car, otherwise its made up. (castrol Supra, Apex MRs, Penzoil skyline, etc)
 
Originally posted by brilhasti
Hey those can't be real, its actually ON the road! I know mine never is :) Too busy flying off it at high speeds.

that road aint cement its dirt but not very thick dirt.
 
Originally posted by Karlos
I'd like to see that rear spoiler going through a car wash though.

Ha ha

its probably not to high because high cars have less aerodynamics.
 
I watched the Escudo run Pikes Peak years ago, before I had a clue what it was. I just remember, "red, SUZUKI, twin engined" and was like, WHOA!!!!!! Truely amazing vehical.
 
to think that monster is based off of this! A freaking sidekick!!
 

Attachments

  • sidekick.jpg
    sidekick.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 73
actualy if you search on the internet you can probably find the specs for the car.
 
This is from http://gallery.consumerreview.com/car/gallery/files/escudo4.asp

Curb Weight: 1764 lbs
Layout: Mid-Engine/AWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Sequential
Type: Twin-Turbo V6
Displacement: 1998 cc
Horsepower: 985 bhp @ 8100 rpm
Length 5050 mm / 198.8 in
Width 1900 mm / 74.8 in
Height 1510 mm / 59.4 in
Valvetrain DOHC 3 Valves / Cyl
Tires 285/680-17 - 285/680-17
Bhp / Liter 492.99 bhp
Transmission Sequential 6 Speed

The Monster Machine is what this moster is often refered as. The Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Version started running in the annual Pikes Peak Hill Climb in Colorado in 1997. It won for two years straight, and was driven by a Japanese madman. Powered by (count 'em) two turbocharged V6's, one in the front and one in the middle, this monster machine was the fastest competitor in its time. To keep it on the ground, a giant sized spoiler was mounted on the back, along with side front skirts to keep the nose down. With a top speed of well over 200, this was the meanest, most non street legal Suzuki ever created, besides the Cultus. But it's retired now, sadly. At least Suzuki has the chance to take it out on the track every now and then...

This is one of my favorite cars. I never knew it existed until Gran Turismo 2. I looked it up for real, and I know this think would some just about anything. Vetts, lambo's, vipers, saleen, cr-5's, and so on. Just smack some slicks on there and letter rip!
 
Hey higgy :) I got a question for ya.. I've seen the car since I guess it's debut in 97, and learned just a little. Then I learned a lil more form GT. What I'm wondering is if the twin engines also have twin turbos, or is there just one turbo per engine? I've seen it marked as a twin-turbo, but I don't know how to read that since it's a twin engine, LOL.
 
Ok, my guess is that they are dual v6s, each with 2 turbos. gt2 and gt3 don't model the twin turbos in the car (due to the lack of any power before 7000rpm (or so, just a guess)). But if the specs all read an engine of twin turbo v6 then I am assumeing that they are 2 engines each with 2 turbos for a grand total of 4 turbos. And that would be a ****ing lot of turbos. Don't quote me on this however.
 
Yea, I've always taken it for the twin, twin turbo. Man, 4 turbos and 2 engines!!!!!!!! I still am in amazement whenever I think of that. Now about the lack of power below 7k, maybe they are modelling it after you put the stage 4 kit on it? I know it has MONDO lag before some high looking RPM. Gettin ready to watch a movie now tho so I don't feel like checking ;)
 
Wow! Sure that car looks beautiful! :p :p :p

I wonder if that car can actually do the "WHEELIE".
 
Back