Escudo (real pics).

  • Thread starter Thread starter Juanmax
  • 48 comments
  • 1,979 views
Juanmax, I took that route in owning my own, I race a 1/10th Escudo Pikes Peak!
 
If you read the info window in GT2 it says that each engine has twin turbos and a supercharger.
 
I watched Saving Silverman. If you can avoid it at any expense, please do so!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL About the only thing goin for it is it has a couple hot chicks in it, other than that, pure retardedness, and in a cheap, wannabee way :( (looked like they were trying to make it fun, like dude where's my car, but failed miserably) And that, is Mason's commentary on "Saving Silverman" :p
 
I thought the Escudo had one Twin turbo 2.5 V6 while the Cultus had two single turbo 1.6 IL4s
 
the Altezza LM exists in Real life, under a different form, but it's real... check this pic... HKS Track Attack Altezza... doesn't it look familiar?
 
and here's the Tommykaira ZZII

all the other LM cars (S2000, FTO, Impreza and RX7) are not real.
 
forgot the picture... :o
 
Has anyone ever found a site that explains how they connect and synchronise two motors. Are there also two transmissions :confused: .

I've been searching for this info since GT2, so if someone could enlighten me, I would be eternally grateful.:smilewink
 
Hey man, I really don't know how they get two engines in sync. I would guess they send the power of both through some form of differential and then to a single transmission. I've heard it can be so hard to sync. two engines, that it is often times extreemely innefficient, IE-much power loss. (as compared to each engine on it's own and then added together)
 
escudo is a reall car i saw live on t.v. going up the pikes peak hill climb, it is a race aginst the clock over here in the u.s., since all theire races are timed according to top speed against time is weird for the americans, evnthough i am one of them i don't watch american popular motorsports like a s s car or cart.
but anyway the escudo was built specifically for this race, the race is an open class one, trucks, sedans, four wheelers, front wheelers, and even semis(for europeans it's a mercedes deisel truck or volvos) you know real big ones.
anyway the race is nice and you see drivers really pushing theire cars to the limit, cars would go past the side of the road, one small mistake and they are down the valley.
and the reason this car was built is for commercial purposes, but since americans are not in to these kind of rallys the escudo did not fulfill it's objective, but since it's an unbeatable car it's still surviving.

and about the issue of seeing cars on the streets that are the same in the game, beleive it or not here in the states you can see all these cars, 2 days ago i saw the toyota alteza( lexus is 300) but this one was the limited adition by tommy kaira like the one in gt2, white body black trimings, black rims and a big black rear wing!!! :D
LONG LIVE RALLYING
and for something really fast here is a minivan equiped with an f1 engine, now this one is for supermom and the car is available in gt2!! it's a renault f1 espace!!!
 
Originally posted by Elric Drake
Has anyone ever found a site that explains how they connect and synchronise two motors. Are there also two transmissions :confused: .

I've been searching for this info since GT2, so if someone could enlighten me, I would be eternally grateful.:smilewink


I did come accross this site where it was depicting weird cars. I cannot rmember the url though.

But I clearly remember that the first twin engine car was the Citroen 2CV, a specially built desert version for the Foreign Legion of the French to use in the Algerian conflict around the late 40's and early 50's... There (according to what is told there in the site) was a torque converter in the middle of two engines which actually "gathered" the incoming power and sent it to the wheels according to the quite primitive torque distribution unit's setting...

I have also read that this vehicle was surprisingly successful as well.

I will post the url or send it to you thru PM as soon as I remember it...
 
the car that i saw and drove with a twin engine and transmision was the fiat 180 abbarth, this car was weird and old and when you drive you use one stick shift because the second one have a short handle wellded to the one you use with a chrome bar, that car was the weirdest i have ever seen, and sorry i could not find anypictures of it on the net there must be but i don't know where to look!!
and abarth is a car tuner who is specialised in fiats :D
 
Look, Hot Wheels do Pike's Peak die cast models. They've got the Tacoma pickup which won after the Escudo and also the Celica which holds the current course record. The Escudo won again last year in the Grand Vitara guise. No Escudo models tho'...
 

Attachments

  • hw_pp.jpg
    hw_pp.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 32
I wonder if any one actually bought an Escudo
 
Originally posted by BrianCNorton
No they arent. The LM cars are "hypothetical" cars. They are cars that COULD exist but dont. They are meant to fill in the gaps that are left between "racing cars" and "production cars."

Some of these cars have been built, but the cars in the game are not modeled after them. (i.e. there is a 4wd altezza running around on some rally circuit, but it aint got no 900 hp) There are no 900 hp AWD mitsubishi FTOs. There is no such thing as a 1000 hp S2000. The JGTC cars are cool, but not like this. These are fantasy cars. Anything that has a specific corporate sponsor is a real car, otherwise its made up. (castrol Supra, Apex MRs, Penzoil skyline, etc)

S2000 LM does exist but it doesnt have 1000 HP. Saw a few pictures of it in action, looks really great. I will try to dig up the pictures and post them if possible.

*note, didnt read all the way through*
 
Back