Matty

Insert User Title Here
Premium
Ireland
Mother's House
MattyMc1996
Egg's box? £3.60.
Well, groups will be up soon.

What are you thoughts about who will win?

:lol:

It was when Liverpool went 1-1 I was like where's the thread so I can complain.

Couldn't find one. Next best thing was to make one.

I fancy a champions league drop out this year, though Spanish/Portugese domination has happened a fair bit recently, maybe Atletico Madrid.

Also, didn't we have this thread, or are we making a new one for this year?

Right, the groups for this as well.

Group A
Liverpool
Udinese
Young Boys
Anzhi

Group B
Atletico
H. Tel-Aviv
Plzen
Academica

Group C
Marseille
Fenerbahce
Monchengladbach
AEL

Group D
Bordeaux
Club Brugge
Newcastle
Maritimo

Group E
Stuttgart
Kobenhavn
Steaua
Molde

Group F
PSV
Napoli
Dnipro
AIK

Group G
Sporting
Basel
Genk
Videoton

Group H
Internazionale
Rubin
Partizan
Neftci

Group I
Lyon
Athletic
Sparta Praha
H. Kiryat Shmona

Group J
Tottenham
Panathinaikos
Lazio
Maribor

Group K
Leverkusen
Metalist
Rosenborg
Rapid Wien

Group L
Twente
Hannover
Levante
Helsingborg

Group A...haha. Good luck, Liverpool. Udinese are a very good team (provided they don't miss penalties) and Anzhi will probably beat them at least once. Liverpool might well fail to make it out, especially judging by how often Suarez misses.

Group B - Atletico have almost a free pass through. The other team that makes it will be proud just to make it to round 2.

Group C - Monchengladbach to win the group. Have high hopes for them, reckoning they'll get to the quarter finals at least. Marseille are a bit weak in some areas. Don't know too much about Fenerbahce now, AEL might nick a point or two off of them.

Group D - Newcastle have this one easy actually. Bordeaux are pretty weak these days. Brugge only provide some threat, they will be behind Newcastle in this one.

Group E - Weakest group of the lot, Stuttgart will make it through as winners then go out in Round 2. Kobenhavn have some talent and might beat them though.

Group F - PSV and Napoli through, obviously. Napoli are a very high class side but I have big hopes on PSV - I seriously reckon they can go a long way, maybe semi finals at the least. Napoli might well reach a similar stage.

Group G - Sporting and Basel to go through. Sporting should do well here, Basel might struggle a bit without Shaqiri and Xhaka though. Genk don't have anyone of note.

Group H - Inter and Rubin to cruise through. Rubin I believe have a lot of injury problems but that won't change the outcome. Lowest seed against highest seed I believe as well.

Group I - Lyon and Athletic to go through, Athletic will probably just beat out Lyon. Llorente will be one of the top scorers for sure. The other two will probably battle it out well for the meaningless 3rd place.

Group J - Spurs should be OK. Panathinaikos are pretty underrated, especially with Quincy Owusu-Abeyie, but Lazio are honestly kinda weak despite the big name. Maribor will just be free points, like Shamrock Rovers last year (but hey, they led them at one point!). Spurs are probably going the furthest of the English teams, or at least the same as Newcastle anyway.

Group K - Leverkusen to go through, Metalist to somehow make it to the quarters again. :lol: One of the other two might beat them to it though.

Group L - Twente to go through - they are a great force - but 2nd might be more complicated. Hannover seem a little weak, Levante seem to have bigger names. I prefer the Spanish to make it through.

If anyone has any interest in this league.

You'll need to watch the Twente game to see how a referee should not lead a game.

Ridiculous.
Twente scores a good goal, offside. No one saw it, except for the lines man.

Tackle from behind, Levante player gets away with a yellow card.

And now a penalty, for a ball shot on an elbow.

👎

C-ZETA, I think you were completely wrong on your Sporting prediction from group G... they are in crisis right now and if not already will be knocked out!!!

Tim Krul is huge!

_64022300_64022299.jpg

Stuttgart - Genk is a bit of a kick match. I'm surprised that no one broke a leg so far.

Haha, Rubin beat Athletico Madrid 2-0 in Madrid. Madrid sent there keeper up for a corner in the final minute of added time and Rubin cleared it up the pitch to their striker who was waiting and all he had to do was put it in the open net.

So Liverpool show off there amazing skill of getting in positions where it's harder to miss then score.. And then miss.. Zenit 2-0 up..

If Sturidge is back that will be a very good game at Anfield. He seems to make the whole team play better. Or at least convert shots into goals.

Absolutly massive game for Liverpool tonight. But with Sturridge cup tied I'm not to optimistic.

Late drama in Lyon with Spurs scoring a late goal to take them through and Newcastle also going through with just 1 goal over the 2 legs. Also, I don't know if the Dnipro V Basel game was televised but both teams went down to 10 men and there were 2 penalties according to BBC Sport.

Looks as though Liverpool will be knocked out, Hulk scores an away goal for Zenit, meaning Liverpool now need 4 to go through.
They might get one or two, but I think that's all they have to give against this side.

Edit: 1 down, 3 to go, Suarez free kick.

Well Liverpool seem to be doing this very nicely, back to 3-2 down on aggregate now with Joe Allen making it 2-1 to Liverpool on the night. Thing is though, Liverpool need 4 to go through.

EDIT: Just wasn't enough for Liverpool in the end. A great Hazard goal takes Chelsea through though.

Last edited:
Atlético Madrid out, despite a goal from Falcao to win 1-0. Their manager Simeone sent their goalkeeper at the Vicente Calderón to head a ball at the last possible minute. Instead of losing 1-0, they ended up losing 2-0. Proved to be a fatal mistake.

Leave Atlético, you deserve better, Radamel.

Great result for Spurs today winning 3-0 against Inter at White Hart Lane, not so good for Chelsea though losing 1-0 to Steaua Bucharest in Bucharesti and an average evening for Newcastle drawing 0-0 against Anzhi in Russia.

Great result for Spurs today winning 3-0 against Inter at White Hart Lane, not so good for Chelsea though losing 1-0 to Steaua Bucharest in Bucharesti and an average evening for Newcastle drawing 0-0 against Metalist Kharkiv in Ukraine.

Wow, they played against Anzhi and Metalist on the same day?:dopey:

Back