Europa League 2012/13

• Thread starter Matty
  • 97 comments
Meh, you can't begrudge them much - two CL finals, one win and now the Europa League win, all in the last four years, is pretty impressive.

Of course the Europa League is a strange tournament, not least when the finalists both 'qualified' for the tournament by losing! :P

simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

Chelsea were lucky they won this game. Benfica couldn't capitalize on the chances they had. I could be wrong but when it was 0-0 I thought Cardozo was onside in that goal.

We now hold both European trophies......for the next week and a half anyway

Last time that happened was roughly 10 years ago when when Mourinho led FC Porto to glory. :)

Chelsea were lucky they won this game. Benfica couldn't capitalize on the chances they had. I could be wrong but when it was 0-0 I thought Cardozo was onside in that goal.

Last time that happened was roughly 10 years ago when when Mourinho led FC Porto to glory. :)

Although Porto won the UEFA Cup and Champions League in consecutive years they did not hold both titles at the same time as the UEFA Cup (Europa League) Final is always played before the Champions League Final. Chelsea are the first team to hold both titles at the same time.

Back