European Events

• Thread starter daan
  • 262 comments
Great job, RoadHazzard. 👍 I see your grids gave you an easier time than me at Nurburgring but a harder time at Sarthe. Shows there's no "perfect grid," huh? Dotini did come up with a really incredible one for Sarthe, but it's so buried (20-30 minutes of searching = 👎) that it's hardly worth it.

I think there are certain benefits and certain drawbacks to using the "cheater" cars, Ram and GSX. Sure, in many cases they're cheap shots for 200 points and don't offer a reasonable and fun challenge like another car would, and this game just begs you to take advantage of its lack of damage, but... in my opinion, it's preferable to use a (relatively) easy car and do a nice clean race rather than using a difficult car and having to shortcut, wallride, and AI bash. I guess I prefer to keep some sense of realism in a, frankly, not terribly realistic game. But I completely respect going for the challenge, the car no one else has used, etc. :cool:

Somewhere out there is a young, ambitious driver (or perhaps a wily old veteran) who wants to do something distinctively new and win the 1000miles! for maximum A-spec in something other than a Nissan BLRA-3. Perhaps he is a Europhile who fancies an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale or a Karmann-Ghia. Perhaps he is a Honda or Toyota fan, and sees something in their line-up that makes his heart tick faster. With grid ~#69, the door is wide open.

Our game is one of almost infinite patience and discipline. Remember Mission 34?

I, for one, will be surprised and even a bit disappointed if the 1000miles! is not claimed by a new champion. The cup of cheer and the cup of honor is raised ever higher as standards are lifted.

Thanks, Austin343! Yeah, I've been running this race on my Test Card for a few weeks, and I found the first lineup to be the most manageable for what I planned to do (when using the BLRA).

I read Dotini's thread/post(s), and I can't remember where it was, either!:crazy: I only remember that it and many other contributions from others were instrumental to my success in this event. The problem was that many reports were from single-race runs, and/or with slightly different lineups and setups. So, while I'm far from saying I had to "break new ground", I did have to do a lot of research (i.e. driving) on my own. :sly:

Yeah, the Ram is a bit of a weird one. I'm deferring its use for as long as I can (the GSX won't be driven for this gamesave). I want to get as many 200 pointers (rather, max pointers) as I can, choosing only from the 47 cars in my fleet, before I make my next major backup/gamesave base.

Dotini... Firstly, many thanks for your contributions. Secondly, your hopes are mine as well. I'm not a particularly prideful person, but I do enjoy the feeling I get when "discovering" something "new". Now that I've won this event, maybe future reports on it (1000 miles!) won't be as relevant to me. But if there were no pioneers, and/or if they never shared their experiences, then I'm quite sure we'd all be in worse-off places. I remain hopeful that people will continue to provide great information on this and many other events.

The two main rules I set for myself which led to my sheep-like use of the BLRA were: no repeat races until after 100% and use 47 cars or less. I want to score as many A-spec points as I can for my first go-through, and I needed to win all 1000 miles! races as a championship. So I'd be stuck with the same lineup, but fortunately, people have already proven it could be done. I've run many single-races in the 1000 miles! event with other cars, but I found the BLRA to be the best fit for the guidelines I drew.

And lastly, regarding "driving clean"... I do enjoy, thoroughly, a clean and quick run for the win. But it appears I still haven't shaken the ill effects of trying to win GT3's Formula GT with the ESCUDO...:guilty:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Read my name.. fear my game!!! :mischievous:

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

Maximum points with minimum cars and races. That's a sporting challenge and a pioneering quest you've set for yourself, RoadHazard. Eloquently explained, too. Chapeau! I wish you every success!

Anyone have any luck winning 200 pointers at the European Classic Car League with the Citroen 2CV?

I've swept this series before (non-200) against the following lineup (NTSC/USA #30 (this lineup appeared as #7 on my other gamesave)):
GTA
Duetto
VW KG
Ginetta
GSS

And I found a 200 point offer using this lineup. But winning it... that's a whole other story...

The most points I've won (at The Ring, the toughest of the venues) is 130 using the 2CV:
S1/S2, 57 HP (0.0 miles, Turbo 1, Port, Balance, Oil, Racing Muffler), St2 Lightening, Drivetrain mods (Auto 12/13ish) & Sports Suspension, 0 Ballast, Nitro
EDIT: Make that 137 points (no lightening). I'll try to add some ballast and see if I can stay in front...
Also, 57 HP might be too much power to get 200 point offers on N3/N3. S1/S2 with 200 ballast 57HP = 179 points (no lightening).

But I can't block well enough for my qualifying out lap (especially since I need to save the Nitro for the hot lap), nor can I manage to stay in front while blocking the GTA and Ginetta on the long uphil section between Bergwerk and Steilstreke... Blocking between T10 and T11 is manageable, especially since the Ginetta usually is behind at that point after spinning here and there.

Do I need to find another lineup??? I cannot use any other car for this event... :(

Has anyone else even bothered trying?

Trying to Have A Great Drive,
RoadHazard

EDIT: I can win Opera, Suzuka, and DFR for 200 points!!!
N3/N3, 180 Ballast @ 0, Nitro @ 100, 55 HP (I took off the Racing Muffler since I already had Port, Balancing and Oil (and Turbo 1)). For Fuji, I'm doubtful it can win, but I'll keep trying. I'll probably have to qualify P1 with S2/S2 and 0 ballast, then switch to N3/N3 180 Ballast for the race...

EDIT:
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
200 points at Nurburgring (against above lineup)!!!!

Qualify (P2):
S2/S2, Nitro @ 100, 0 Ballast, 57 hp (0.0 miles, Oil, Racing Muffler, Port, Balance, Turbo 1)
Race:
N3/N3, Nitro @ 100, 180 Ballast @ 0, 55 hp (took off Muffler)
Sports Suspension: 141/141 Rd Ht, 5/5 Shocks, 1.0/0.5 Camber
Full Custom Tranny: Auto 13, 1-2.223, 2-1.516, 3-1.107, 4-0.872, 5-0.707, F-3.870
Triple-plate Clutch, Racing Flywheel, Aids 000

I finished with a 10+ minute lap!! Considering the competition, you can imagine the amount of blocking involved, ESPECIALLY from T10 to the line. By the time we entered Hohenrain, the lead pack was 5-deep, with me in **4th**!!! Thank goodness for lawnmowing!!!

Video coming soon...!!!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5981522953250086257

If I can get Fuji 80's in the same manner, that'll make the ECCL a 200 point sweep, as a championship!!! No single-race BS!!

(FINAL EDIT)...
I finally managed a 1000 point sweep at the Europe Classic Car League with the 2CV!! To boot, I was able to do so without performing any non-reversible mods. I had a hard time finding the same lineup (it took around 24 re-entries (NTSC/USA)), but I eventually got there.

For a brand new (0.0 miles) Citroen 2CV Type A '54
European Events / Europe Classic Car League / All Races (as a championship)
Vs opponents listed above (GTA, G4, GSS, Duetto, KG)
Mods: Racing Muffler, Turbo 1, Nitrous, Sports Suspension, FC Tranny, 3ple Clutch, Racing Flywheel
N3/N3; 51 Settings HP (Racing Muffler, Turbo 1, No Oil); Nitrous @ 100 (90 at The Ring); RdHt Min/Min, Shocks 5/5, Camber 0.5/0.0; Auto 12 (13 for The Ring & Fuji); Aids 000; 98 Ballast @ 0

Race 1 @ Nurburgring:
Definitely the hardest of them all. Switch to S2/S2, drop the Ballast to 0, and qualify as best as possible, blocking anyone who comes from behind. Spray for hills out of Bergwerk and Karussel, T10 to Finish, and any time a competitor passes. Switch to N3/N3 and 98 Ballast for the race. Crash-turn Hatzenbach and grass-cut the left-right that follows. Hocheichen need not be cut. Grass-cut Adenaur-Forst, wallride Breidscheid and Karussel (if needed), and grass-cut Hohenrain. Other than that, BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK!! Save at least 2 bars of Nitrous for T10 to the Finish. For this run, I ticked the Nitrous down to 90 to allow for slightly more liberal use...

Race 2 @ Fuji 80's:
Qualify P1 with S2/S2, 0 Ballast, then switch back to 200 point settings for the race (might be able to qualify with 200 point settings). The G4 can be punted into the junk at the first corner after the start, but be careful not to follow. From there, the race should be manageable.

Race 3 @ Opera Paris:
Can qualify with 200 point settings. Nothing fancy, just stay out of the Armco.

Race 4 @ Suzuka:
Can qualify with 200 point settings. Grass-cuts out of 2nd Curve, through the Degner kink, and through Casio can be used, but aren't completely necessary as the opponents don't seem to take Spoon very well.

Race 5 @ Deep Forest:
Can qualify with 200 point settings. Probably the easiest of them all.

OK, there it is! 1000 points in an OMR-eligible prize car that MUST be used to complete the game, with no permanent mods and no wear-down period!!👍

I also found another lineup that seems beatable, but it uses more ballast (150kg, all other settings are the same)...
G4, Mini, GSS, Duetto, KG.

Have A Great Drive!!!
RoadHazard

Last edited:
Fantastic stuff there! Pity nobody saw it before I resurrected the thread with this post. That's really quite a feat, considering it's FF and desperately underpowered, but I guess with your driving, anything's possible :P, although of course you didn't even have to do any dirty driving at all for a couple of them. You may well be a pioneer in 200 pointing this series with this car, for which you get a well deserved 👍.

I have finally beaten the 1000 miles series for 200 Aspec points for each race. Of course the BLRA is the car of choice, but I was able to go against the first line-up and win each race. Open Addict's setup for the Opera, Sarthe, and Cote worked very well, but to beat the Ring I needed a new strategy.
Car: Nissan BRLA Sports Coupe '62 with 4825 miles (due to many unsuccesful attempts and completing the other three races first)
Line-up #1 (USA Version) Karman Ghia, Fiat 500, Honda S800, Alfa Guilia Sprint, and Mini Marcos, and me in the BRLA.

Settings: 95 bhp (sports exhaust) Ballast @ 181, springs 10/10 ride ht. 125/125 bound 8/8 rebound 9/9 camber 1.5/2.5 toe 0/0 stab 4/4 aids set to 0. Stage 1 weight removal (reason I needed more ballast) Nitrous at 45 and racing brakes.
Tranny Trick then final to 4.575.
Tires N1/N2 after pit #1 go to N2/N2, after pit #2 go back to N1/N1

After many failed attempts at this line-up I developed a strategy that worked. I did need to use the standard shortcuts, straightening out the Hatzenback esses, the well known grass cut, and the final esses before the pit entrance, and only 2 pit stops. The key to making this work was to save the nitrous until the Marcos pits at the end of lap 6, and pitting at the end of lap 8 with the Alfa. The only way to stay in the lead is to block, and at some points three cars are trying to pass, the Alfa, Marcos and Honda all stay close until deep into the race. Using the nitrous after lap 6 allows the BRLA to pit at the end of 8 still ahead of the Alfa and come out of the pits ahead of the Marcos. I needed to reserve some nitrous to stay ahead of the Marcos again after my Pit at the end of 16. My final MOV was 0.345 seconds, and I had only 1 uncontested lap, #8 as I used the nitrous to stay in front of the Alfa before pitting. The change to N2 tires up front was needed after the first pit to stay enough in front of the Marcos or he will pass during my pit at the end of lap 8. Changing back to N1 up front for the rest of the race allows the BRLA to stay on the track for lap 25 while the Alfa and Marcos pit at the end of lap 24. Even then the BRLA is not fast enough to finish without the Alfa challenging in the last lap as my MOV indicates.
Final Note : The only thing that compares to this for me was beating mission 34, and I'm not sure which accomplishment I relish more, as they were both very challenging. Thanks again to Open Addict for settings help.

Somewhere out there is a young, ambitious driver (or perhaps a wily old veteran) who wants to do something distinctively new and win the 1000miles! for maximum A-spec in something other than a Nissan BLRA-3. Perhaps he is a Europhile who fancies an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale or a Karmann-Ghia. Perhaps he is a Honda or Toyota fan, and sees something in their line-up that makes his heart tick faster. With grid ~#69, the door is wide open.

Our game is one of almost infinite patience and discipline. Remember Mission 34?

I, for one, will be surprised and even a bit disappointed if the 1000miles! is not claimed by a new champion. The cup of cheer and the cup of honor is raised ever higher as standards are lifted.

I recently edited this post to include another entry

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2823805&postcount=79

The Honda S 800 was very comparable to using the 62 Skyline, against the lineup listed.

BTW CONGRATS to kalmjaws on the win 👍

SuperCobraJet, I was gratified to see your prior results with the Honda S800 in winning the 1000miles! with something other than the '62 Skyline. Once again, the wily old veteran prevails!

But I was even more interested in your remarks regarding the possible causes for shifting lineups and the possible scenarios for initiating the shifts on demand. One of the major series which is "afflicted" with this characteristic is the Pan Euro Championship.

I've been investigating this recently in connection with using a Stratos in 200 point attempts against various grids. But I, too, have been unable to figure out, predict and control the various grid possibilities.

Accordingly, I am issuing an appeal to others who play the Pan Euro to notice what they do that causes grid shifts and to report findings back to this thread. Below are the findings of SuperCobraJet:

"I'm not sure if this has been posted on or discussed to any degree before, but I have been curious about it for sometime. In this series as with some others in the game, the offered lineups will change. I have had this happen under all the following scenarios:

1. When changing cars (this seems reasonable since different lineups may need to change to match up appropriately)

2. With the passage of days or weeks (since you are executing things to progress the days or weeks it is hard to determine which is affecting the change)

3. Upon once starting the race and exiting or finishing the race and exiting then returning to re enter. This can occur even after resetting the game. (don't have a clue on this one other than in some cases I have found upon initial entry into some races you will be presented with the easiest lineup and pace. Afterwards you will not get it again.)

4. After entering(not starting) and leaving to add performance upgrades to the car and returning to re enter the race. (this may trigger something similar to #1)

It appears somewhat unpredictable for the most part, but then again I've never tried to figure it out."

Thanks for everybody's help in solving this problem. I'm sure that with the collective wisdom and experience of GTPlanet, we can figure this out.

I have finally beaten the 1000 miles series for 200 Aspec points for each race. ..... Thanks again to Open Addict for settings help.

I can not take all the credit, as many here helped me complete this series. AMG, Nige and Vash come to mind.

Congratulations for getting one of the PITA Series completed.

I can not take all the credit, as many here helped me complete this series. AMG, Nige and Vash come to mind.

Congratulations for getting one of the PITA Series completed.

Thanks!

I am still in pursuit of 100K A-spec points, but have made it to only 43xxx so far, with 40.9% game completion. The challenge I have laid out for myself is so far I only have competed in events that require no license, or an A or B license. Once I clear those events I will move on the the internatinal and S license events.

Alternate Grids

Lately I have been trying to access an elusive grid #12 of the Pan-Euro, believing it would give an advantage in obtaining a 200 point victory at the Sarthe circuit for my Stratos. The grid consists of the Vantage, E55, Elise, Esprit and T350C.

But the problem was this grid was not in the "main line" of normal grid presentation. For a couple of weeks I've been bumbling around, but vaguely recalling that another member had used the Preview function to generate alternate grids, I started using Preview to see what happened. It seems that if I preview a short endurance race, I will receive a small number of alternate grids when I quit Preview and go back to entering the Sarthe round of the Pan-Euro (or the Pan-Euro Championship itself, for that matter).

It turned out that the simplest way to #12 Alternate Grid was to enter a 24 hour enduro (I used Sarthe), and that will get you 6 alternate grids. Another Preview (this time Nurburgring 24 hour), and I got another batch of alternate grids, including my precious #12.

It's possible this process may reliable enough to be of some use in other series which have unusual grids which sometimes appear in mysterious ways. I certainly cannot claim to have solved this problem, but perhaps another one of you guys will now shine the light deeper into the cave.

Edit 4/29/09
I believe I have found the ideal grid to defeat for maximum A-spec (using all-clean tactics and no NOS) at the Pan-Euro. This grid works out especially well for you at the difficult round at La Sarthe. The grid consists of BMW M3 CSL, TVR T350C, AMG SL 65, Lotus Motorsports Elise and TVR Tuscan.

I found this grid in the NTSC mainline #19 position when driving a Stratos, and in the #14 position driving a BMW M5 and using the Preview function to force alternate grids to appear. A preview of the Pan-Euro Sarthe round will cause one alternate grid to insert itself into the game. A preview of any of the 24 hour races will force about 6 alternate grids to appear. sukerkin has reported getting this grid at PAL position #18, but I'm not sure which car he was using at the time.

Last edited:
NTSC/USA /1000 miles / 200 pts. (800 pts. total Championship Series)

Since I had little detail about the previous Honda S800 1000 miles series win https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2823805&postcount=79
and I needed to complete the series in my current game, I picked up a red used S 800 and started lineup evaluations. After experimenting with a few I settled on the 26th one.
All and all against both of these lineups I would rate the S800 on par with the 62 skyline sport coupe.

(white)Mini Marcos
(silver) Toyota Sports 800
(dk blue) Alpha Sprint Speciale
(orange) VW Karmann Ghia
(yellow) Honda S800

Just a word about lineups. They can vary from game to game and has been mentioned, other possible factors as well. I have 6 different games in degrees of completion from 20% to 100% and I get different lineups for this car in this race in all but two. Like prize car colors I think it is some random formula. After trying about 50 resets I never got the same lineup that I used in the previous post.

Honda S800 66 used, burnt oil, 88hp, chip, NAstg2, S-R exh., all other upgrades that don't affect points.
Note :I used the stock rear end gear, and no assists in all races. The Stg 1 turbo and chip for 80hp at Cote d'Azur.
I didn't use the rigidity refresh or increase since the car drove well without it and I wanted it to drive consistently thruout all the races.
Qualified first in each race

Nurburgring
Settings: N1/N2, 88hp.,ballast 190, F/RB 12, gear auto 6 final 4.700, brake 8/8, NOS 50%.
suspension:
6.5/5.0
120/120
6/5
9/8
4.2/0.5
0/1
6/6
Lap 1-6: Tried to draft the straitaways with the mini marcos where ever possible in combo with a little NOS and the shortcuts to breakaway from the rest of the field, however they were never very far back and the Toyota sports 800 stayed close behind. Its best to keep the lead when you pass the first karussel to T9. Otherwise they can slip away from you. I also prefered to have the lead from the start/finish line to T1 and from T3 to T5. The mini is particularly dangerous on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th laps. Pitted on lap 6 with the mini in tow.
Lap 6-12/12-18: The N/2,N/3's are a big improvement but still no match for the mini. He still makes up 3-5secs. on the long straitaways. Over the course of the these two segments I gain a little lead in the first 3 laps only to have him erase most or all of it in the last 3. Also I try to minimize sliding the rear tires since the left rear is almost red the last part of the 6th lap.Pitting on lap 18 I have the most lead so far, 6secs.
Lap 18-24: Leaving the pits The Sports800 comes by and gets between the mini and I. Finally a little break. By the time I reach T6 I have the biggest lead of the race, 16 secs. But for some reason this is my worst driving segment of the race and by the time we pit on lap 24 its back down to 6 again.(On my first attempt at this race I screwed up on lap 23. The mini got by me and with no nos left I couldn't catch him...:ill:...:mad:...🤬)
Lap 24,25: Fortunately the mini will have his slowest lap on the last lap and I have a good lap. I cross the start finish line 8secs. ahead. The Toyota sports 800 is only another 8secs. back in third. I still have 2 blocks of nos left.

I would rate this race the toughest of the four, but definately doable.

Opera Paris
Settings: N1/N2,88hp., ballast 190, F/RB 12, gear auto 2 final 4.700, brake 8/8, NOS 50%.
suspension:
7.0/5.5
120/120
6/5
9/8
4.5/0.5
-4/-4
7/7
Lap 1-30: This is basically just dukeing it out with the Toyota Sports 800 to keep the lead until you make your first pitstop. Not that difficult. along about the 15th lap or so after we tangled in corner 7 he got passed by the Mini and Karmann Ghia. The next time I saw him was about lap 75. He was running 2nd, the last car I lapped before the end of the race.
Lap 30-55/55-80/80-90: Once you get N2/N3 tires on you can begin to pull away, pitting every 25 laps.

I'd rate this race the easiest of the four.

Cote d'Azure
Settings: N1/N2, 80hp., ballast 30, F/RB 15, gear auto 1 final 4.700, 1st 3.800, 2nd 2.800, 3rd 4th 5th as is, brake 12/10, NOS 50%.
suspension:
6.5/5.5
120/120
5/5
9/8
4.5/0.5
-1/-4
7/7
Lap 1-28: The first segment of this race is as hard if not harder than the Nurb. I think at one time or another every car in the field will challenge you for the lead. However the Sports 800 will be the main competition. I pitted on lap 28 just because I had a slim lead and the Sports 800 was closing the gap.
Lap 28-54/54-80/80-99: Like the Opera once I got N2/N3's you can begin to pull away, only much slower than at the Opera. MOV here was 1min.10secs.

I'd rate this race the 2nd most difficult of the four. Although personally the fact that I hate this track may unduly influence this rating.

Circuit de La Sarthe
settings:Settings: N1/N2, 88hp.,ballast 190, F/RB 12, gear auto 6 final 4.700, brake 12/10, NOS 50%.
suspension:
6.5/5.0
120/120
5/5
9/8
4.5/0.5
0/1
7/7
Lap 1-12: This could have been easier than it was, but after 2 laps I thought I could maybe breakaway with a little nos and the shortcut. I did for about 3 laps but then the Mini faded and the Alpha Speciale started coming on and by lap 9 had wiped out my 24sec. lead. I should have just run with him for the first segment and employed some nos during the 2nd segment. I pitted on lap 12 running just infront of him. He pitted the next lap and I just beat him to the first corner past the pit exit. From there the N2/N3's helped me pull away little.
Lap 12-24/24-35: I slowly and steadily increased my lead. By the end of the race the MOV was 59 secs.

This race was the next easiest to the Opera although not a lot of difference.

There are now two known lineups in this series that can be completed for 800pts. with the Honda S800, comparable to the 62 Skyline sport coupe.

Last edited:
Here's some finer details on using an M Coupe to win 1000 points from Schwarzwald Liga B, against the first five NTSC/US lineups after a reset.

I did a rigidity refresh and all races were run with brake, suspension and drivetrain upgrades, and NOS. No oil change, no weight reduction. HP taken from settings screen.

Race: Nurburgring Nordschleife
Lineup #1: Audi RS6 Avant '02, Mercedes E 55 AMG '02, Audi S4 '03, Audi RS4 '01, Mercedes SL55 AMG (230) '02
Tire/Weight Setup: S2, 299HP w/Chip, 82 ballast

Race: Tokyo Route 246 Normal
Lineup #2: Mercedes SL 600 (R230) '04, BMW M3 CSL '03, Audi RS4 01, Audi S4 '03, Audi RS6 '02
Tire/Weight Setup: S2, 299HP w/Chip, 0 ballast

Race: Fuji Speedway 90's
Lineup #3: Mercedes E 55 AMG '02, Audi RS6 '02, Mercedes SL 600 (R129) '98, Audi RS6 Avant '02, Audi S4 '03
Tire/Weight Setup: S1, 290HP w/NO CHIP, 152 ballast

Race: High-Speed Ring Reverse
Lineup #4: Mercedes CLK 55 AMG '00, Mercedes SL 600 (R230) '04, VW Golf V GTI '05, Audi RS6 '02, Audi RS6 Avant '02
Tire/Weight Setup: S2, 299HP w/Chip, 60 ballast

Race: Suzuka Circuit
Lineup #5: BMW M3 '04, Mercedes CLK 55 AMG '02, Audi RS4 '01, VW Golf V GTI '05
Tire/Weight Setup: S2, 299HP w/Chip, 2 ballast

Notes: Fuji was toughest, but they're all quite do-able, especially with the NOS, which is pretty necessary at some tracks but less so at others. Fun series, time for the Deutsche Touring Car.

I seem to be missing a car (I'm guessing the fifth placed one) on my opponent lineup for the last race, sorry about that.

European Events / Deutche Touring Car Meisterschaft / All Races (as a Championship)
vs Lineup #3 (NTSC/USA)

Mercedes CLK Touring Car '00
Opel Astra Touring Car '00
Audi A4 Touring Car '04
Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02
Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93

Driving: Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02 (4559.9 miles, NO Oil since 234.2)
Mods: R1 Tires, Nitrous
Settings: R1/R1, 435 SettingsHP; Nitrous @ 30; Brake Balance 4/4; Auto Gearing 16, 15, 14; Aids 002; Downforce 23/32 (min/min); 179 Ballast @ 0

Having put on nearly 4600 miles after the CdlSII and Fuji enduros, the car was worn down enough to win 200 pointers with R1s. After qualifying P1, things become much easier to handle. In hindsight, I should've run the entire event with Auto Gearing 14, as the TTR was losing power. Anyway, the competition was toughest at Fuji, but I didn't use the bottle much.

👍

Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

NTSC/USA /1000 miles / 200 pts. (800 pts. total Championship Series)
snip
Lap 18,23:The mini got by me and with no nos left I couldn't catch him...:ill:...:mad:...🤬)
SuperCobraJet
Lap 24,25: snip..... I still have 2 blocks of nos left.

Euh :confused:

Where can I get such a self replenishing bottle. I still have ± 500 points to make up. ;)
AMG.

On my first attempt at this race I screwed up on lap 23.
The mini got by me and with no nos left I couldn't catch him...:ill:...:mad:...🤬)
Lap 24,25: Fortunately the mini will have his slowest lap on the last lap and I have a good lap. I cross the start finish line 8secs. ahead. The Toyota sports 800 is only another 8secs. back in third. I still have 2 blocks of nos left.

Euh :confused:

Where can I get such a self replenishing bottle. I still have ± 500 points to make up. ;)
AMG.

He's talking about two different races, so his 'secret' would seem to be restarting the race..:ouch:

I'm still almost 3,000 points away from 100k, I hope to get at least 500 of those from the 1000 miles.
So, I'd like to know, which is the better car? The Nissan BLRA or the Honda S800, keeping in mind I won't use NOS? I expect Monaco and Paris to be relatively easy, but I'm not looking forward to the other two races..:scared:

The BLRA is a much better choice than the Honda because it handles so well on N1 tires. However, if you're looking for merely good points and not going for 200, a better choice is probably the Elan on N1s with 200 ballast. I think it's been done before and considered to be relatively easy at the first three tracks, and you may be able to make it work at La Sarthe as well if you remove the ballast and/or add power upgrades.

He's talking about two different races, so his 'secret' would seem to be restarting the race..:ouch:

I'm still almost 3,000 points away from 100k, I hope to get at least 500 of those from the 1000 miles.
So, I'd like to know, which is the better car? The Nissan BLRA or the Honda S800, keeping in mind I won't use NOS? I expect Monaco and Paris to be relatively easy, but I'm not looking forward to the other two races..:scared:

Good luck Alhajoth with your 1000 mile races.

I am also testing a couple of cars for a run at the 1000 mile series. There are so many good posts that talk about this race that its hard to know which one to try. Using a Honda S800 or a Corvette Convertible '54 would be interesting, but I think I will settle on the Nissan Sport Coupe. I might try something different at the two easier tracks, but suspect that I will follow the crowd and use the Nissan at Nurburgring and Le Sarthe (I don't like driving for four hours and losing:grumpy:).

GTsail290

The BLRA is a much better choice than the Honda because it handles so well on N1 tires. However, if you're looking for merely good points and not going for 200, a better choice is probably the Elan on N1s with 200 ballast. I think it's been done before and considered to be relatively easy at the first three tracks, and you may be able to make it work at La Sarthe as well if you remove the ballast and/or add power upgrades.

Poor choice of words in my previous post, I'm sorry.
What I meant was, I left about 500 points the first time I played through, using (I think) an Isuzu. So, I do need the full 200.
Though, I suppose using the Elan for the Ring and Le Mans, if it can get 170ish points, and then use the Nissan at the easier tracks could be an option.
How important is qualifying though? You'd think over such long races it wouldn't matter, but if I need to block, I would obviously need to start first.

I really hate the classic-races. Endless lineup-searching to get 200 points, always a rabbit and a tortoise to mess with the points(Shelby Cobra and Fiat 500 in the same lineup!:yuck:), slow cars and boring racing for the most part.
But I did leave a lot of points behind in these races, so I have to go back and do them again I suppose..

Oh, okay. In that case, I don't think the Elan can get 200 points at all, unless there's an A/C Cars 427 in the lineup, which would obviously make the race impossible. From what I've read in this thread and the old 200-point one, the Honda is not a good choice; it can win, but it's extremely hard and you basically have to block the entire time. Then again, SCJ said it was similar to the BLRA in difficulty in this post, so what do I know? That same post says that the Corvette, against a strong lineup, is also comparable. But the big advantage of the BLRA is its flexibility: you can adjust the power and weight to get 200 points almost any balanced lineup, whereas you're somewhat handicapped in that regard with the other two cars mentioned.

I did all of these races as single races and didn't find qualifying necessary, but because you don't have NOS available (and I assume you don't want to use any dirty driving tactics except blocking), I think qualifying will be essential for you. But to be honest, I think you won't be able to win for 200 points at Nurburgring and especially La Sarthe without NOS, shortcuts, or ramming. You would have to be an incredibly skilled blocker to keep the AI cars behind you at those tracks. To give yourself the best chance possible, with your self-imposed "handicap" of clean racing, it's critical to find an extremely balanced lineup (using either this or this), even though it is extremely tedious.

He's talking about two different races, so his 'secret' would seem to be restarting the race..:ouch::

I was. I lost on the first attempt. Thats why I put that in ( )
The other description is from the win.

If your not using Nos, I would use the BLRA. I must say I admire your faith. You will definitely have your work cut out for ya.
Hope you are victorious.

1000 Miles! - for 200 A-spec points

I've just completed two (Opera Paris and Cote d'Azur) of the four races in the 1000 mile series. Nice clean races. Using my Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe '62 (so very original), I ran against lineup # 1 at Opera Paris. But at Cote d'Azur I ran against a tougher lineup as follows:

Nissan Fairlady 2000 '68
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA
Ginetta G4
Mini Marcos GT '70
Isuzu Bellett 1600 GTR

At Paris my Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe had 96HP with 67kg of ballast and N1/N3 tires (MOV was one lap over the Alfa GTA). Man, is the Fiat 500F ever slow! I lost count of the number of times I lapped him. At Cote my Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe had 117HP with 127kg of ballast and N1/N3 tires. The Nissan Fairlady was good competition so my MOV was less than a lap at Cote (about 1 minute and 30 seconds). I had to block the Nissan Fairlady during my first stint on N1 tires.

I think I will try Le Sarthe next because I already have 141 points at Nurburgring but only 10 points at Le Sarthe.

Happy hunting!

GTsail290

1000 Mile lineups

I have spent the better part of last week looking for Han_the_Dragon's Nurburgring 1000 Mile lineup with no luck (I viewed at least 200 lineups).

Has anyone using the NA version found Han_the_Dragon's lineup, or does this only come up on PAL versions?

Since there are about 25 cars that show up, does this mean that I should expect to scoll thru about 6.3 million lineups to find it? (25x24x23x22x21=6,375,600).

While looking for Han's lineup, I also looked for two others that might be easy: Ginetta G4, Nissan Fairlady 2000, Alfa Sprint GTA, Mini Marcos GT and either the Isuzu Bellett 1600 GTR or the Isuzu 117 Coupe. I was going to try my hand against these lineups if I found them because these lineups would have been nicely balanced and would have allowed me to have about 115HP.:)

I am currently running the race at Nurburgring, to see how hard it is, against lineup #1 (I have 3 laps to go with a seven second lead over the Alfa Sprint GTA), but I will only be rewarded with 180 A-spec points since I did not fully de-tune my Nissan Sport Coupe '62.

Edit: I almost posted this thread under "General Discussion" to change the subject there (as a PAL vrs NA discussion), but decided it really belonged in the European thread.

Respectfully,
GTsail290

Last edited:
Unfortunately, and inexplicably, the lineups for classic car races are more randomized than those of any other race. Lineups seem to depend on version (not only NTSC vs. PAL but also PAL vs. PAL), game day, and player car. You will almost certainly never get Han's lineup, but thankfully, there are plenty of others that work fine as well. Another bit of good news is that your calculations are erroneous and there are actually "only" 26334 different possible lineups. You inadvertently calculated the number of possible arrangements of all the possible groups of cars; in other words, you're treating each ordering of the same group of five cars as a different lineup. Also, there are only 22 possible cars and not 25. If you're only concerned with the AI cars and not their starting order, you do the calculation you did and divide it by 120:

N x (N-1) x (N-2) x (N-3) x (N-4)
120​

N is the number of AI cars in the "pool" for a particular race, and the 120 comes from 5!. The 5 comes from the number of cars that can be in a grid, and "!" means factorial. It's used in another way to calculate the same thing:

| N! |
120 x (N-5)!​

The Wikipedia article on factorial whose link is above has a table of them through 15!, and Google can handle factorials, too, when it isn't on the table (type in 16!, for example, into the search field, and it will calculate it for you). But the first way is probably easier.

I hope that wasn't horribly confusing. :crazy: We did all of this in probability in precalculus class two years ago, which is how I know it, although I did have to look up the formula to make sure of it.

GTsail290 -

I managed to sweep the 1kmi event using the BLRA vs NTSC/USA Lineup #1. My post on it is found at the bottom of page 6, but if you're looking to trailblaze by finding a different lineup, then you're definitely going to encounter more difficulty (which is cool:tup:).

But if you're simply looking to gather 200 pts for wins at races 1 and 4 (not caring about 2 and 3), you don't have to do any lineup hunting. You can keep the same lineup and enter the event as a championship. Then you can skip the ones for which you've already gotten 200 points. Also, you'll be able to qualify P1 and compensate for the huge disadvantage to the faster cars that start in front of you.

My BLRA was brand new when I started (it was the first event I ran while using it). It had 0.0 miles and 94 SettingsHP, and only needed 32 ballast to get 200 point offers. You may need to add a chip or muffler depending on how much your car is worn down.

For more details, check the bottom of page 6.

Hope this helps. Have A Great Drive!
RoadHazard

OffTopic.
For Information only: :)
It is better to refer to the post # than a page #. In this thread I only have 4 pages visible because I changed my view settings to see 40 posts per page instead of default (20?)

AMG.

.... Another bit of good news is that your calculations are erroneous and there are actually "only" 26334 different possible lineups. You inadvertently calculated the number of possible arrangements of all the possible groups of cars; in other words, you're treating each ordering of the same group of five cars as a different lineup. Also, there are only 22 possible cars and not 25. If you're only concerned with the AI cars and not their starting order, you do the calculation you did and divide it by 120:

N x (N-1) x (N-2) x (N-3) x (N-4)
120​

N is the number of AI cars in the "pool" for a particular race, and the 120 comes from 5!. The 5 comes from the number of cars that can be in a grid, and "!" means factorial. ....

Thanks Austin343 -

26,334, this is good news!!

Breaks out handy calculator...(number crunching sounds)... So my next post will be in six years!!

I guess I will just have to tough it up, and race against something other than the "ideal" lineup.:grumpy:

I tried a race that had the Mercedes 300SL, Chevy Corvette C2 and the Jaguar E-Type in the lineup in a "supercharged" Nissan Sport Coupe BLRA, but on lap three the E-Type snuck by so it was "race over" (I could not find the lineup that had just the Corvette and the Mercedes). I might try this one again.

I've tried the Honda S800, but while it can reach the same speeds as the Nissan Sport Coupe, it handles worse on N1 tires (its ok on N2 tires, but those first seven or eight laps are murder) and does not take up as much room on the track (so blocking is more difficult).

GTsail290

I guess I will just have to tough it up, and race against something other than the "ideal" lineup.:grumpy:

Absolutely. :indiff: Thankfully, many more than just a few lineups will work fine. It isn't as though a 200 point race against your ideal lineup would be a Sunday drive!

I tried a race that had the Mercedes 300SL, Chevy Corvette C2 and the Jaguar E-Type in the lineup in a "supercharged" Nissan Sport Coupe BLRA, but on lap three the E-Type snuck by so it was "race over" (I could not find the lineup that had just the Corvette and the Mercedes). I might try this one again.

I'd say you should definitely try that one again (if you can find it, that is!), assuming that it isn't 300 enter/exits in and that the other two cars weren't the Fiat and another slow Nissan, for example. With three fast cars, you might have to give it a few tries at the beginning to practice your blocking, but when you get good tires on, the amount of power those cars allow you should give you an easy remainder of the race.

I've tried the Honda S800, but while it can reach the same speeds as the Nissan Sport Coupe, it handles worse on N1 tires (its ok on N2 tires, but those first seven or eight laps are murder) and does not take up as much room on the track (so blocking is more difficult).

From my experience in Arcade Mode, the S500 and S600 seem to handle much more easily than does the S800. However, it's very possible that their lack of power and super-tall transmissions are responsible for that, and the cars would become just as unwieldy in a high state of tuning. Also, neither of those cars will reach the power levels of the S800 (so you can't race the super-fast field you encountered), and they certainly won't solve the last problem you mentioned. I encourage you to try them out, though, if you haven't already; for all we know, they could be hidden gems that vastly simplify this race against the right lineup. Your best bet is probably still the BLRA, though, especially since it's had so much written about its performance in this race.

Thanks for your recent suggestions (and thanks to all the others that have previously posted in this thread. It makes for great reading).

In my opinion, the 1000 Mile! Series is one of the hardest in the game (almost as tough as the Hyundai Festival/Daihatsu Copen/Suzuki Concepts/Saleen S7 One Make Races).

Some of the toughness comes from the time it takes to test various cars against the varying lineups. Its too bad that the lineups are usually so un-balanced. Having the AC Cars 427 show up in the same race as the Fiat 500F seems unfair! Shouldn't the AC Cars 427 get a weight penalty of some sort? Maybe it should be required to pull a horse trailer!

That said, you can have a nice race if you don't care about A-spec points and the car you drive is slightly worse than the best AI car in the field (ie. Drive a stock Mercedes 300SL against a lineup that has the Chevy Corvette C2 and the Jaguar E-Type).

Absolutely. :indiff: Thankfully, many more than just a few lineups will work fine. It isn't as though a 200 point race against your ideal lineup would be a Sunday drive!.....

Since my driving skills are not up to Austin343's level (I've seen his recent posts in the Mission thread):bowdown:, a Sunday drive was exactly what I was looking for!

Well, its back to the track for me.

GTsail290

Latest Posts

Back