European Time Group 4 Racing (ETG4R) Bathurst Monday 27th November 8:30pm GMT - SPACES

• Thread starter andrew1990
  • 447 comments
Points! C4_Jipu has taken third place from me, with Allaloneatron in first and JC under threat in second.

Some of the new racers this week made an impression, particularly cubertom, reminding me of the pace he had in my Assetto Corsa series!

It's also still all to play for in the rest of the table. Four races to go means plenty of chances for the table to change.

Nurburgring GP next week everyone :)

Attachments

• Results and Points GTP.xlsx
    16.7 KB · Views: 15
Just thought I’d show off my entry, classic looking clean livery :)

DPv6S0zX0AA8gP4

Just been reading though this thread...

I'm interested in the Jaguar F-Type Gr.4. Is that available?

Are you the same Jake who raced in an old PRL LMP series in GT6? You name seems very familiar

Last edited:
Points! C4_Jipu has taken third place from me, with Allaloneatron in first and JC under threat in second.

Some of the new racers this week made an impression, particularly cubertom, reminding me of the pace he had in my Assetto Corsa series!

It's also still all to play for in the rest of the table. Four races to go means plenty of chances for the table to change.

Nurburgring GP next week everyone :)

although i would love the extra points i should only have 14 for the 2nd race as i finished 4th with no other bonus points.

Idea for a follow up season: To level the playing field and rather than going for a one make series, how about racers must choose 1 of each from Front Drive, 4WD and Rear drive, driving each twice over a six week series?

Anyway.. back to work.

Would be good to work it in a way where you choose the car you want but can’t repeat it, that way it’s not all FF’s understeering into the first corner or so on. You get to chose your car tactically if you like. Would make for some interesting racing.

No absolutely nothing like that. I came up with the idea all by myself. :embarrassed:

But yes... like that. :D

:lol:

At the moment the FF cars are a bit op but what could happen is if PD nerf them then no wants them, just look what happened to the Gr4 GTR. Everyone was using it then it got balanced and now its a rare sight.

Personally i'm happy with the champ at present with the only possible improvement in my eyes being changing to a rolling start as sitting behind Tron's Audi must feel like sitting behind a OAP sitting at a green traffic light for 30 seconds before realising they can go :D. It would also potentially reduce some of the chaos going into the first corner but like i said i'm happy as is.

:lol:

At the moment the FF cars are a bit op but what could happen is if PD nerf them then no wants them, just look what happened to the Gr4 GTR. Everyone was using it then it got balanced and now its a rare sight.

Personally i'm happy with the champ at present with the only possible improvement in my eyes being changing to a rolling start as sitting behind Tron's Audi must feel like sitting behind a OAP sitting at a green traffic light for 30 seconds before realising they can go :D. It would also potentially reduce some of the chaos going into the first corner but like i said i'm happy as is.

nGUrUeso.jpg

The balance of the cars is really strange in this game. Just compared the Citroen to the Audi and the Viper. All with BoP on. Audi has equal horsepower but 400kg less, Viper has the same weight, but 50 HP more and more torque. How can that be balanced...? ;)

So many other variables. Disc diameter, wheelbase, weight distribution, centre of gravity etcetera. I truly think pd are doing their best and it'll all pan out in the end.

No absolutely nothing like that. I came up with the idea all by myself. :embarrassed:

But yes... like that. :D

I know I'm not actually apart of this series/league yet but.... Wouldn't a better idea be to pick the tracks around trying to balance the field, like other games do, or how it works irl?
For example, in Starcraft 2, the map pool is designed to feature maps that favour one race, or style of play and then the next map will favour a different race and a totally different style of play.

Kind of like in real racing where some cars favour certain types of tracks and not others. Yeah for the one race one spec might be op but across a number of races it balances out?

Just an idea :cheers:

So many other variables. Disc diameter, wheelbase, weight distribution, centre of gravity etcetera. I truly think pd are doing their best and it'll all pan out in the end.
Sorry, but i highly doubt that wheelbase and weight distribution can make up for minus 400 kg at the same HP...

Last edited:
I do understand the issues with the FF cars off the line, but this is to try and compensate for their straight line speed. If we had a rolling start then they'd have to big an advantage.

Season 2 will have different cars etc once we define what we want to race and how, so it can be looked at over the winter.

How about two races with different classes? One with Gr. 4 and one with Gr. 3 cars on the same track, for example.

That could be an option and will be considered. I'll be making a list of all the suggestions and we'll discuss and vote on them. I'll also have my say as the person running the series.

That's why I added etcetera. Torque curves, induction type, aero, frontal area, friction coefficients, transmission losses. There's probably more. I don't know how far pd went with the sim modelling but if a numpty like me can think of these things then I'm sure they've got it covered.
I guess I'm just content with my lot so far but I just play for fun.

Last edited:
Please start thinking about ideas of what you'd like for season 2. Everything will be considered, evaluated and the best/most practical will be put forward for discussion. I've seen/heard ideas of a group 3 then a group 4 race in the same night, as well as a group 1 too, along with multi-class in general. New season would start at some point in January all being well.

Please start thinking about ideas of what you'd like for season 2. Everything will be considered, evaluated and the best/most practical will be put forward for discussion. I've seen/heard ideas of a group 3 then a group 4 race in the same night, as well as a group 1 too, along with multi-class in general. New season would start at some point in January all being well.

I liked the original idea of a reverse starting grid for race 2. That combined with what you stated above looks awesome :

Qualify in gr3 cars
Race1 in gr3 cars
Race2 in gr4 cars, reverse grid based on the results of race 1

And a little detail :
Both gr3/gr4 cars must have the same livery

Back