European Time Group 4 Racing (ETG4R) Bathurst Monday 27th November 8:30pm GMT - SPACES

• Thread starter andrew1990
  • 447 comments
Please start thinking about ideas of what you'd like for season 2. Everything will be considered, evaluated and the best/most practical will be put forward for discussion. I've seen/heard ideas of a group 3 then a group 4 race in the same night, as well as a group 1 too, along with multi-class in general. New season would start at some point in January all being well.

As I mentioned last night Andrew, I think a multi class team event would be cool.

5 teams of 3 representing a particular manufacturer.

1 GRP1, 1 GRP3, 1 GRP4 with a combined points total based on the finishing position of each team member in their respective class?

@MW_Turned - Yes. He needs to add me on PSN. Usual driving standards apply.

You can't have BoP on with a multi-class race, so it would have to be checked by me/another as backup. Short countdown timer means everyone needs to be ready and not 'make mistakes' with their BoP

@V12orchestra - Please choose a car from the available spaces. The details are on the first page. The room opens at 8:30pm GMT and the first race is at 9pm GMT. Clean driving standards are expected. You will need to add me on PSN.

We know the Megane is OP because it's an FF and the BoP isn't perfect. This is a first season with it on to it organised quickly.

@MW_Turned - Yes. He needs to add me on PSN. Usual driving standards apply.

You can't have BoP on with a multi-class race, so it would have to be checked by me/another as backup. Short countdown timer means everyone needs to be ready and not 'make mistakes' with their BoP

@V12orchestra - Please choose a car from the available spaces. The details are on the first page. The room opens at 8:30pm GMT and the first race is at 9pm GMT. Clean driving standards are expected. You will need to add me on PSN.

We know the Megane is OP because it's an FF and the BoP isn't perfect. This is a first season with it on to it organised quickly.

Please invite me to the race

For season 2, how about race 1 being a rolling start using qualifying times, then race 2 a standing start from reverse grid of race 1?

That way everyone gets something to fit plus a bit of variety too

Yeah after viewing the replay of race 1 twigglett was far too hot in to the corner but i really don’t care, mistakes happen and I was not really paying attention as I thought we were all going to stop again, hence why i slowed around royalton and jipu got past then went straight off as I got thumped haha. Apologies to twigglett for the last chicane accident, you were super early on the brakes which caught me off majorly! Race 2 was nice and seemed pretty problem free for the top 6/7, very good racing apart from mad lag spikes and turn 1 issues. Either way, I still had a fun night again! Roll on Suzuka to have another track I like!

Also Tron, if that’s the case, if I actually focussed on the track ahead and stopped wheel spinning all over the place and stopped looking in my mirrors, I’d like to think it would have been a better battle for 1st but I can’t lead a race for the life of me haha. I prefer o chase

Last edited:
Also Tron, if that’s the case, if I actually focussed on the track ahead and stopped wheel spinning all over the place and stopped looking in my mirrors, I’d like to think it would have been a better battle for 1st but I can’t lead a race for the life of me haha. I prefer o chase

In the TT it's actually quite hard to take advantage of others mistakes made around and into corners if I'm too close, as it's hard to get back up to speed after changing my line. I need to hang back slightly and just get the best run possible out of the corners. Which means you are really only in danger at the end of long straights (unless you make a total hash of it and lose all speed).

In the TT it's actually quite hard to take advantage of others mistakes made around and into corners if I'm too close, as it's hard to get back up to speed after changing my line. I need to hang back slightly and just get the best run possible out of the corners. Which means you are really only in danger at the end of long straights (unless you make a total hash of it and lose all speed).
I did notice through turns 6/7/8 that you had no reply when I was nipping through them the very odd time properly then up the hill into the Schumacher S you gained your time and then back off through the final chicane to catch on the straight again.

Back