Event Races of the Halls and Manufacturers

• Thread starter maskrider
  • 190 comments
Can someone clarify this for me.

The license tests are like those found in the Previous GT games, The Missions are like the "Racing Practice" license tests from Prologue.

Is this right?

At the first shows of presenting the Motor City Resort they told both Drag and Drift are in one hall, but where is this hall? Another secret beside black used LM cars? ;)

This sounds very nice, and I'm kind of sorry for not coming here and looking up this stuff. This deal sounds very nice. I've always seemed to like the "GT Resorts" deal since the day it was announced. As far as these halls go, it is pretty cool about the number of races and variations in challenge. Maybe it was just me, but in past GTs, the Sports Tires didn't seem too effective, especially if you have the finances for racing tires. I kind of didn't notice a real performance difference in my Gran Turismo past. And it looks like that Roadster Endurance is back. Whether or not it still requires a normal car remains to be seen for me.

Biased turkey
Goooooooood, no drag. At least Mr. Yamauchi got the message of real GT racing fans.
Don't be upset, you can still purchase a copy of NHRA.
As far as I know Drag racing IS in (just one strip @ Las Vegas thankfully), but what I thik 213101 meant is that it's just a single race instead of a series of knockout races (ie field goes from 16 cars to 8, then 4 and the final two battle it out ... if you've played Challenge Mode in Colin McRae Rally 2.0 you'll know what I mean) kind of like a tennis tournament with the winner andvancing on to the nex round and the loser being eliminated.

Admittedly, a Drag Tournament would be OK just to add some longevity to the game and as a means of trying to demonstrate the finer points of drag racing to people like me who will play it once and forget about it afterwards.

so its just one race? or 3 individual races then at the end you get a car? im angry i wanted proper drag racing.
Well you have to tell us what you want first - single race, championship or a knockout tournament like I described in my above post - before we can answer that.

And I see no reason to be angry. Drag racing is drag racing - other than flooring the acelerator and changing gears at the right time, there doesn't seem to be a proper way to do it ...

No offense, but the only way I'd see a race series with drag racing is if there were multiple venues. But since there's one, how can you have a championship with just one race? So, I don't think we'll see a race series with drag racing unless you make courses with Las Vegas, Sears Point, Mantorp Park, and any other race tracks with drag strips to them. They'd all have to be in traditional drag racing fashion where you have brackets. You know, tournament-style racing, and you only make money and score points if you don't get eliminated.

Well, we have some American car fans on GTPlanet. How do you think a drag racing series would be implemented in GT4?

Is there any place where you can do 0-1000m testing.

I think the Las Vages 400m strip is so tacky. Why the hell is it at Las Vages!
It should have been at a cool drag place like central circuit.
http://www.central-circuit.jp/course/c_pic/drag_couce.jpg

GT4 has lost its hardcore 'racing game' status I think with the add ons of things like this and constant backfire and rear spoilers etc

A drag racing series would be very crap as it'd just be who has the most power. In reality, there are many factors such as setting up tyre pressures and clutch settings as well as controlling the car. In Past GT series, its been very unrealistic that a powerfull RWD car has no sideways movement apon launch etc.

XPLOSV
Is there any place where you can do 0-1000m testing.

I think the Las Vages 400m strip is so tacky. Why the hell is it at Las Vages!
It should have been at a cool drag place like central circuit.
http://www.central-circuit.jp/course/c_pic/drag_couce.jpg

GT4 has lost its hardcore 'racing game' status I think with the add ons of things like this and constant backfire and rear spoilers etc

A drag racing series would be very crap as it'd just be who has the most power. In reality, there are many factors such as setting up tyre pressures and clutch settings as well as controlling the car. In Past GT series, its been very unrealistic that a powerfull RWD car has no sideways movement apon launch etc.
Probably at the Test Course, as in GT4's predecessors.

First of all, great list mask rider 👍 to you

Im liking the idea the idea of the super long endurance races :) as thats my particular area

And lots of smaller races for all of those with short attention spans also

Not to rant, but why isn't the Test Course's front straight used for drag racing? The road isn't banked, 0-400m is already a Quarter Mile, and... I don't know why it wouldn't be implemented for drag racing in GT4.

JohnBM01
Not to rant, but why isn't the Test Course's front straight used for drag racing? The road isn't banked, 0-400m is already a Quarter Mile, and... I don't know why it wouldn't be implemented for drag racing in GT4.
I guess they wanted a change.
ne_nau.gif

You can do 0-400m testing at the Las Vegas drag strip, and on the 'test course'. You can also do 0-1000m and a max speed run at the test course.

Do you race?
I read somewhere that GT4 has 200 races in A-Spec mode. So say for example we have "Sunday Cup: 3 races" does this count as 1 race (the actual Cup) or 3 (the events)?
maskrider
That means 3 races in an event, the races are at different locations.
Well now that you've added the European and American events, I went back and counted how many different events there were and came up with 140-ish (ie the Sunday Cup counted as one, not 3) and there's still some Japanese events to be added, so maybe the claims of 200 race events aren't so far-fetched?

And now all you should do is add the prize cars to make a really comprehensive list and your job is done... :).

amar212
And now all you should do is add the prize cars to make a really comprehensive list and your job is done... :).

Price car screenshots can already be seen on my GT4 Prize car gallery, just need to complete all the events and they are done. :)

hey maskrider now you've done the full list of race evnts dont spose you happened to notice how many race evnts there were? I lost count at about 130 i cant be arsed to start the count again

Stune
Yeah nice one. Did you count how may there was in total becouse i lost count trting to count them all

I'll count later when I got all the prize cars in the gallery, then I just need to subtract the 15 cars from license tests and I will have the count for the event races.

I counted 482 individual races as opposed to GT3's 300 odd, excluding mission races.

This is around 40 - 50% bigger than GT3, with the added advantage that there are of course more cars, making many of the races more replayable.

With the endurances being longer as well, it makes for a pretty huge game.

If you completed 10 races per day it would still take a month!

Was less than 200 events, but close to that if each mission in mission hall is considered an event?

Cheers

Thanks for detailing the races in manufacturers Maskrider - all your hard work is very much appreciated and gives us a good indication of what to look forward to.

Shame that none of the manufacturer cups have more than 5 races, but then again I guess we can't have everything.

Caligula1
I counted 482 individual races as opposed to GT3's 300 odd, excluding mission races.

This is around 40 - 50% bigger than GT3, with the added advantage that there are of course more cars, making many of the races more replayable.

With the endurances being longer as well, it makes for a pretty huge game.

If you completed 10 races per day it would still take a month!

Was less than 200 events, but close to that if each mission in mission hall is considered an event?

Cheers

Thanks for the exact count :)

Back