Evo Vi or Sti?

• Thread starter MuFF
  • 78 comments
Canada
Vancouver, BC, Can
i am having problems choosing one of these car :P
both r great and powerful.. Evo Vi TM version and STi...
dunno which one to choose.. help :D

yeh i tried both... sti has great power, and evo with awesome handling... just that which has greater looks hehe :D.. btw the STi is kinda high.. mb some sport shocks will do :) but 22b is another thing... those r better cars

well if i get a scoob ill get a silver one instead... not as common on blue :) and bronze advan rg rims :P (yokohama)

I love Evo's..but when it comes to The game..the 22B outperforms it hands down....it accelerates harder, corners easier and with less HP than an evo can perform just as well if not better

And since when are 22B's common?..Lol..I see plenty more Evo's than I see 22B's..Considering there were ALOT more model evo's than there were 22b's...and VI's look better than V's..VI = nicest..Then III then V

here in Oz we see scoobs all the time. the only time i see an evo is when it s a FWD lancer that is done up to look like an evo.
in all my years living her in Oz i have seen only a handful of Evos.... i see WRXs several times a day tho

Originally posted by ving
here in Oz we see scoobs all the time. the only time i see an evo is when it s a FWD lancer that is done up to look like an evo.
in all my years living her in Oz i have seen only a handful of Evos.... i see WRXs several times a day tho

may see lots of WRX's but not many STI WRX's and never see 22B's

o gd gd... actually i seen a 22b b4... but not here heheh
japan.. with 2 yellow sedan sti behind it :P
i never seen one here expecially in Vancouver, BC

Muff..First of all the Evo VIII is a pile of red azzed painted faced mandrin baboon CRAP....22B's are infinatley excelent and the impreza S201 STi

Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
may see lots of WRX's but not many STI WRX's and never see 22B's

i,ve seen plenty of STIs... admittedly i can say i've seen any 22bs but they look the same as other scoobies anyhow dont they! :)

evos however are rare in Oz. I only see FWD lancer try-hards.

22B's have pumped (flared) guards

look at it in GT3 and you can notice it compared with normal STI's

i do see a fair few STI's getting around but nowwhere near as much as WRX

i very rarely see real evo's, but i still see them around

Yeh, I see quite a few STis, but hardly an Evos...I would get both, but I think the Evo VI hasbetter performance.

Originally posted by Viper Evolution
The Evo 8 '03 beat the Sti '04 In motor trend. but i like Evos the Most. Evos Rules!!!!
They're very equal cars. Stock and stock, the EVO does have a better suspension. You're most likely not going to keep the stock suspension. In stock form the EVO is like a go-kart.

The game:
Buy both cars, modify the suspension only and see how you like it. You can then move onto the LSD's and learn how they work under acceleration, deceleration, braking...etc. I just happen to perfer the STi because if it's balanced chassis.

Auto world:
BTW, I've seen 3 STi's already blue, silver, and black) along with all the EVO's except the blue EVO here in my city. I got to ride in my buddy's STi too! The power man! He was still breaking it in but it still pulled pretty hard under 4k. Now that it's broken in I might have to ask him for another ride.

Real world:
I've only seen one 04 WRX STi, but I've seen about 3 01 STis...:) Most recent was last week.

Yes...Very helpful argument there Lancer runner :rolleyes:
Anyway..In my lifetime I've seen about 6 REAL evo's and 10 Fake Evo's (Mitsubishi Mirage's with front clips & Decals)...I've only seen about 3 22B's..REAL 22B's..Not RS's with emblems..Not S201's with emblems and a kit..even though the S201 is nice as it is....A 22B...I honestly think that STOCK Vs Stock..the 22B would win..simply because the Evo is a 4 door family car..The Evo's suspension may be better....But the 22B is a coupe...2 cars made for the same general reason....one is more so tuned than the other..but one is a hell of alot different in it's dimensions...I do think that stock the 22B is better, and I think that moderatley tuned the 22B would be better...but under the extreme circumstances that you have the $ to go all out on either of the car..I'd go with the Evo VI..simply because the engine itself is alot stronger...I mean it can pushj 600HP on a stock bottom end..That's DAMN good for a Turbocharged 4 cylinder..Especially from Mitsubishi..Lol
--
Now I'm not sure if you're talking about IRL or in the game....But you have to remember prices aswell..A 22B would cost a hell of alot less than a T.M.E. Evo VI..Or even a Ralliart edition..simply because of the name/Reputation of both the Evo and Tommy have gotten within the past few years..And since they don't race 22B's anymore..The 22B STi name isn't getting all of Subaru's play like the "STi" is.
--
But as far as the game goes...The subaru has better acceleration but the lancer has better top end..So...That's all dependant on you

Originally posted by Shinez
Yes...Very helpful argument there Lancer runner :rolleyes:
Anyway..In my lifetime I've seen about 6 REAL evo's and 10 Fake Evo's (Mitsubishi Mirage's with front clips & Decals)

ive seen about 100+ fake evo's

Back