Evo Vi or Sti?

• Thread starter MuFF
  • 78 comments
They do a good job with fake evo's though..You have to admit it..The stylings are almost identical....untill you see it race...or attempt to give the car gas..or anything along the lines of MOVING

i know of one that looks identical

body kit(spoilers, bonnet, guards etc),stickers ,seats, everything intill you look at the interior and its an AUTO:yuck: and look under the engine bay.................no turbo fwd crap:yuck:

Yeh same Viper, I know of a regular Lancer that's just dressed up as an Evo IV...:|

Where are you people living, up here in Maine the only Subbies Ive seen are Outbacks and a couple of WRX's. As for Lancers, I do know a wealthy kid who does have a Lancer but I forget what evo. Ive seen 6 Lancers up here and thier all evo's. As for u guys who've said you've seen STI's and 22b's, im calling bs, Subaru only made 400 22b's. Thiers only 128 in England alone, so do the math, its a really rare car. With all things considered I'd get the 22b. In GT3 mine has some solid hp and awesome handeling but you can save urself some cash and buy a impreza sti, its got the same hp as the 22b. The only diffrence is weight and even then thats not to much of a diffrence.

I live in Sydney Australia, about an hour away from the CBD, so I see a lot of "nice" cars daily...:)

Originally posted by Viper Evolution
The Evo 8 '03 beat the Sti '04 In motor trend. but i like Evos the Most. Evos Rules!!!!

In what? Acceleration? Braking? Handling?
Because in a test made by Top Gear, or 5th Gear, dont know what it is anymore, they rated the STi 2004 faster than the EVO 8 2003 around a track. And ultimately, thats what counts most.

On the question of STi vs EVO Vi, pick what you like best, cuz its a real close match up anyways.

They said the Evo break the Record for braking. Out accells the Sti and Some people ( some didn't) think it out handled the Sti. and I think the Evo has the better track time.

Originally posted by rallysport29
As for u guys who've said you've seen STI's and 22b's, im calling bs, Subaru only made 400 22b's. Thiers only 128 in
That doesn't count me, yah? The STi I've seen are USDM STi's. I've ridden in one. The power under 4kRPMs....hehe

Not every car will handle all good and top notch from factory. Some will handle better than others i.e. Mazda Protege MP3. The fact is, Mits gave the EVO a tiny slight better suspension. Subaru can do that if they wanted.

Stock for stock, EVO may put a better track time depending on the track. By looking at the numbers that THAT one magazine put out, both lap times are VERY close. Numbers will make you all fight but look at the numbers, too close! They're both fast cars.

At least from factory.....they're almost identical. No more fighting!

Originally posted by Viper Evolution
They said the Evo break the Record for braking. Out accells the Sti and Some people ( some didn't) think it out handled the Sti. and I think the Evo has the better track time.
Lol..If it out Accels the STi how come the Evo run's the 1/4 in 13.4 ish times?..The Evo VII was capable of 13.1 and 13.0...And the 04 STi is capable of 13.0 aswell if not better...Car & Driver never tests their cars to their full extent, because most of the time it's not their cars...

p.s. scooby's got a 6 speed

exactly what i wanted to say... car and driver.... motor trend.... those mags suck... and they dont really test everything in a feild anyways... always leave me wondering.... i trust that tiff dude much more.... american mainstream mags seem to concentrate on what they deem consumer interest and dont push there cars but try and test them in a way that levels plains... they dont really talk about the individual merits of machines... just that both are cars and here are some general things about both.... if you are really interested in which is a better car.... look up info on the web and decide for yourself... i still belive no evo can beat a 22b... and in the earlier days of the evo and the sti it seems like the evo was always a step ahead in handling capabilities while each car was stock... the ones coming to the us, on hte other hand, i have done my research and determined in my view that the STi has its quirks but is probably a better car than the evo coming to the us... of course i have not driven either... and if you are talking aobu the game... get the 22b and forget about the evo and sti until later... the 22b is a great car... the new models of evo and sti... mistu wimped out on delivering a powerful machine to the us... one day they will... i will wait until then... i would rather have more guts stock than body kits and shizmits

...22B's are the best of all the evo's and Sti's..but!!!..The evo 8 is the worste...
PS..CAr & Driver tested a stage 2 Lingenfelter vette and it only ran 12.....Motor Trend tested a 986 TT Porsche pushing 750HP and it only ran 12.7....Proving..they suck ballz....the 22B win's...The Evo VI comes in second..The evo VIII is a piece of oversized crap...And the 04 STi beats it hands down..Lol

The Evo 8 has a weird front styling...the only thing I didn't like about the Evo VII was the back, but they didn't really change it much...:odd:

there is way more to a car than styling man... although i would rather drive a better looking car than an ugly one... if its chassis and engine were up to par... but i would much rather drive a powerful and well built and balanced car than the most beautiful car in the world...

But I think they haven't released a 300 bhp version of the Evo VIII yet...;) So I'd still go with the Evo VII.

bengee..the Evo VIII's styling is crap too....The Engine makes no additional HP/TQ over the 7..The car weights more..The stock intercooler core on the 8 is crappier than the 7 or the 6..And the car is LONGER than the 7 and especially the 6

The Evo VI has one of the meanest front ends I've ever seen though...I wonder if MuFF just avoided this whole thing and already bought both? :lol:

MAH WALLPAPER!!

Attachments

• wallpaper.jpg
    wallpaper.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 43
your wallpaper is horribly low in quality...:yuck:

Damn, mine is way too large to fit in this post...:irked:

it was just that pic....I got a EVo VII up there now...better pic...and it would have been nicer at the time considering I got a new graphix card over the weekend..(That was an old Screenshot)

See..This one might be a little fuzzy, just because I had to reduce the size/quality so I knew it'd fit

Attachments

• wallpaper.jpg
    wallpaper.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 35
Originally posted by ving
i,ve seen plenty of STIs... admittedly i can say i've seen any 22bs but they look the same as other scoobies anyhow dont they! :)

evos however are rare in Oz. I only see FWD lancer try-hards.

im in the uk and i see scoobys all the time at least 1 a day (thats if i leave the house! lol) i think ive seen 1 22b and i drooled as it rumbled past me! the exhaust note is so.......evil, loud, low, beefy etc. and ive still only seen 1 evo to this day and i think it was a 5
not too far away from where i live is the edge of the island (technically the uk is an island!) and there is a seafront with a road running along it, a long one at that and every week at least once a week we get ricers 'cruising' up and down the seafront and sometimes someone gets told the 2 words that mean everyone will be there - MAX POWER and then that night there will be hundreds of done up cars and im not complaining cos some of them are really sweet and cos i love cars! and every time when someone says MAX Power they're never there!
and that was one of the times that i saw THE evo 5 (damn it was nice and im blabbering arent i?)

I would say both cars are very similar in performance. As for looks, I prefer the Evo Vi but not by much. But when you look at the interior, the STi is so much nicer than the EVO. I know we are talking about a video game here (where there is no cockpit view..) but in real life I'd pick the STi cuz I cant see the outside while driving, but I can see the inside. And the EVO is just horrible on the inside.

an EVO with a sun roof..what has the world come to. that just hurt the headroom and structural rigidity...honestly if you want an EVO, get the IV. its the best IMO ;) STi are nice...but i like the styling of the mitsu better.

lanevo..Headroom isn't hurt at all.....And structural rigidity's degradation is so minute it doesn't matter....if it was a TARGA top..it'd be a diff story

Back