Exclusive GT6 Paint Chip Database *Updated 19/03/15 - GT5 DLC chips now complete*

This thread should be stickied. Many people have said that, so why hasn't it been?

I guess because all the info in here is already in the Seasonal Event Database thread, albeit spread out and harder to find? Or maybe it's my lacklustre updating :guilty:

I guess because all the info in here is already in the Seasonal Event Database thread, albeit spread out and harder to find? Or maybe it's my lacklustre updating :guilty:
Some of the early seasonal posts either lack the paint info, or they're erroneous. When I made my first list here, I had to verify every chip from my collection and make corrections. This thread is the only accurate and comprehensive source of seasonal paint info.

Some of the early seasonal posts either lack the paint info, or they're erroneous. When I made my first list here, I had to verify every chip from my collection and make corrections. This thread is the only accurate and comprehensive source of seasonal paint info.

If you're talking about that happened in this thread here, please flag me where is the error and where information is missing, for me correct.

Since you are saying that it ha errors, and you have the complete list.

I think it was because you did not keep the thread updated, I went back a few pages back and I noticed that. I'm not a moderator, but maybe that's the answer. Now the thread is more active with the help of ramanujan.

I'm finishing an update to the DATABASE which is exactly about it, with photos, lists, etc ....

We can combine something about it and you use here. Because the DATABASE is too big and I have a lot of information to update weekly, maybe we can get it put it stickied.

I think it was because you did not keep the thread updated, I went back a few pages back and I noticed that. I'm not a moderator, but maybe that's the answer. Now the thread is more active with the help of ramanujan.

I'm finishing an update to the DATABASE which is exactly about it, with photos, lists, etc ....

We can combine something about it and you use here. Because the DATABASE is too big and I have a lot of information to update weekly, maybe we can get it put it stickied.

Yep I think that's what it was too. I had the best intentions when I started the thread and planned to do every Seasonal event, but work got in the way and I haven't done any at all for a couple of months now. I feel bad being responsible for the thread when there's much more capable hands out there.

I can imagine that maintaining your thread must be a nightmare sometimes! I'd be more than happy to combine our information on the subject and come up with some good solutions, let me know how I can help 👍

Yep I think that's what it was too. I had the best intentions when I started the thread and planned to do every Seasonal event, but work got in the way and I haven't done any at all for a couple of months now. I feel bad being responsible for the thread when there's much more capable hands out there.

I can imagine that maintaining your thread must be a nightmare sometimes! I'd be more than happy to combine our information on the subject and come up with some good solutions, let me know how I can help 👍

Great! yes we will do so. :)

Already taking advantage of what was being done here, I'm adding photos to each chip.

I not did all events therefore has some missing, we can start from here, the past events are not yet added.

I tried to keep all the same photos, see the configuration below

Take GT-R Black Edition '12 in Syrause Night

vjXpVGH.jpg

You can also leave a small example of the OP as capturing the photos. Doing so more people will be able to help with this work. They can post here pictures of new chips and you just copy it to the OP.

Are just ideas and you can change, add, remove, edit. If you think you have to change something to your eyes, do not hesitate.

You just, copy/paste and change the values/names and continue weekly updates. 👍

For the OP:

This list is in alphabetical order following the same sequence the play (GT6) in GT Auto.

*Solid:

(Image) - GT FLUORESCENCE 001-C - (Blue)
(Image) -
GT FLUORESCENCE 002-C - (Blue)
(Image) -
GT FLUORESCENCE 003-W - (Lilac)
(Image) -
GT FLUORESCENCE 004-W - (Lime Green)
(Image) -
GT FLUORESCENCE 005-W - (Yellow)
(Image) -
GT GREY 001-N - (Dark Grey)
(Image) -
GT GREY 002-N - (Graphite)
(Image) -
GT GREY 009-N - (Light Grey)
(Image) -
GT GREY 010-N - (Light Grey)
(Image) -
GT JAPANESE 003-W - (Cream/Pink)
(Image) -
GT MILITARY 001-C - (Green/Grey)
(Image) -
GT MILITARY 002-W - (Green)
(Image) -
GT MILITARY 003-W - (Green)
(Image) -
GT MILITARY 004-W - (Medium Green)
(Image) -
GT MILITARY 005-W - (Brown)
(Image) -
GT MILITARY 007-W
(Image) - GT OLD GENERATION 002-W - (Mint Green)
(Image) -
GT OLD GENERATION 004-W - (Blue)
(Image) -
GT OLD GENERATION 005-W - (Light Blue)
(Image) -
GT OLD GENERATION 008-C - (Yellow)
(Image) -
GT OLD GENERATION 010-C - (Dark Brown/Purple)
(Image) -
GT PASTELTONE 001-C - (Lilac)
(Image) -
GT PASTELTONE 003-W - (Blue)
(Image) -
GT PASTELTONE 004-C - (Light Green)
(Image) -
GT PASTELTONE 006-W - (White)
(Image) -
GT PASTELTONE 009-W - (Pink)

*Metallic:
(Image) - Arancia Orange Metallic
(Image) - Blue Metallic
(Image) - GT GUNMETAL 001-C - (Blue)
(Image) - GT GUNMETAL 002-C - (Blue)
(Image) - GT GUNMETAL 003-W - (Purple)
(Image) - GT GUNMETAL 004-W - (Purple)
(Image) -
GT GUNMETAL 006-W - (Brown)
(Image) - GT GUNMETAL 007-W - (Green)
(Image) - GT GUNMETAL 008-W - (Green)
(Image) - GT GUNMETAL 010-W - (Green)
(Image) - GT JAPANESE 005-W - (Maroon)
(Image) - GT METALLIC 001-C - (Dark Green)
(Image) - GT METALLIC 002-C - (Dark Blue)
(Image) - GT METALLIC 004-C
(Image) - GT METALLIC 005-W - (Green)
(Image) - GT METALLIC 007-W - (Yellow)
(Image) - GT METALLIC 008-W - (Orange)
(Image) - GT METALLIC 010-W - (Red)

*Pearlescent:
(Image) - GT JAPANESE 004-C - (Red)
(Image) - GT JAPANESE 006-C - (Blue)
(Image) -
GT JAPANESE 007-W - (Mint Green)
(Image) - GT JAPANESE 008-W - (Light Green)
(Image) - GT JAPANESE 009-W - (Brown)
(Image) - Pearl Orange

*Color Shift:
(Image) - GT POLARIZED 001-P - (Red/Chrome)
(Image) - GT POLARIZED 002-P - (Cream/Grey)
(Image) - GT POLARIZED 003-P - (Yellow/Orange)
(Image) - GT POLARIZED 004-P - (Red/Purple)
(Image) - GT POLARIZED 005-P - (Purple/Blue)
(Image) - GT POLARIZED 006-P - (Green/Brown)
(Image) - GT POLARIZED 007-P - (Green/Purple)
(Image) - GT POLARIZED 008-P - (Purple/Chrome)
(Image) - GT POLARIZED 009-P - (Grey/Bronze)
(Image) - GT POLARIZED 010-P - (Cream/Green)

*Matte:
(Image) - Matte Blue
(Image) - Matte Brown
(Image) - Matte Gray
(Image) - Matte Dark Gray
(Image) - Matte Dark Green
(Image) - Matte Dark Red
(Image) - Matte Dark Silver
(Image) - Matte Light Blue
(Image) - Matte Light Gray
(Image) - Matte Light Green
(Image) - Matte Light Red
(Image) - Matte Orange
(Image) - Matte Pink
(Image) - Matte Purple
(Image) - Matte Red
(Image) - Matte Yellow

*Chrome:

(Image) - Gold Chrome - (Gold)
(Image) - Silver Chrome - (Silver)
(Image) - GT CHROME 001-W - (Red/Gold)
(Image) -
GT CHROME 003-W - (Pink)
(Image) -
GT CHROME 004-W - (Purple)
(Image) - GT CHROME 005-C - (Blue)
(Image) -
GT CHROME 006-W - (Light Blue)
(Image) -
GT CHROME 007-W - (Green)
(Image) - GT CHROME 008-W - (Green)
(Image) -
GT CHROME 009-N - (Chrome)
(Image) -
GT CHROME 010-W - (Gold)
(Image) -
GT JAPANESE 002-C - (Dark Chrome)
(Image) -
GT JAPANESE 010-W - (Gold)

Below is a complete list of all paints (Gifts*) in the order they were made available starting the first seasonal event for Gran Turismo 6 which was opened in (12/5/2013).

* Also included in the list is the Special Suit (Volkswagen GT Vision).

Event 1 = 1ª - GT CHROME 006-W
Event 2 = 2ª - Matte Light Green
Event 3 = 3ª - GT POLARIZED 001-P
Event 4 = 4ª - GT CHROME 005-C
Event 5 = 5ª - Matte Blue
Event 6 = 6ª - GT CHROME 010-W
Event 7 = 7ª - GT POLARIZED 005-P
Event 8 = 8ª - Matte Dark Silver
Event 9 = 9ª - GT POLARIZED 004-P
Event 10 = 10ª - GT CHROME 003-W
Event 11 = 11ª - GT POLARIZED 010-P
-________-12ª - Matte Light Gray
Event 12 = 13ª - GT POLARIZED 006-P
-________-14ª - GT JAPANESE 010-W
Event 13 = 15ª - GT POLARIZED 003-P
Event 14 = 16ª - GT CHROME 009-N
Event 15 = 17ª - Matte Pink
Event 16 = 18ª - GT METALLIC 005-C
Event 17 = 19ª - GT MILITARY 001-C
Event 18 = 20ª - GT JAPANESE 006-C
Event 19 = 21ª - GT PASTELTONE 001-C
Event 20 = 22ª - GT POLARIZED 002-P
Event 21 = 23ª - GT GUNMETAL 006-W
Event 22 = 24ª - GT FLUORESCENCE 001-C
Event 23 = (Not Gift Chip)
Event 24 = 25ª - Matte Red
Event 25 = 26ª - GT METALLIC 007-W
Event 26 = 27ª - GT POLARIZED 007-P
Event 27 = 28ª - GT OLD GENERATION 002-W
Event 28 = 29ª - GT GUNMETAL 003-W
Event 29 = 30ª - GT JAPANESE 002-C
Event 30 = 31ª - GT JAPANESE 007-W
Event 31 = 32ª - GT METALLIC 008-W
Event 32 = 33ª - Matte Brown
Event 33 = 34ª - GT GUNMETAL 007-W
-________-35ª - GT FLUORESCENCE 002-C
Event 34 = 36ª - GT PALTELTONE 004-W
Event 35 = 37ª - Matte Dark Gray
Event 36 = 38ª- GT CHROME 001-W
Event 37 = 39ª - GT GREY 010-N
Event 38 = 40ª - GT GUNMETAL 004-W
Event 39 = 41ª - Matte Dark Red
Event 40 = 42ª - GT CHROME 009-N Repeated x 1
Event 41 = 43ª - GT GUNMETAL 010-W
Event 42 = 44ª - GT OLD GENERATION 008-C
Event 43 = (Not Gift Chip)
Event 44 = 45ª - GT OLD GENERATION 004-W
Event 45 = 46ª - GT CHROME 008-W
Event 46 = 47ª - GT MILITARY 002-W
Event 47 = 48ª - Matte Orange
Event 48 = 49ª - GT GUNMETAL 008-W
Event 49 = (Not Gift Chip)
Event 50 = 50ª - GT POLARIZED 009-P
Event 51 = 51ª - GT GREY 001-N
Event 52 = 52ª - Matte Dark Green
Event 53 = 53ª - GT METALLIC 010-W
Event 54 = (Not Gift Chip)
Event 55 = (Not Gift Chip)
Event 56 = (Not Gift Chip)
Event 57 = (Not Gift Chip)
Event 58 = (Not Gift Chip) + 1º - Special Outfit Volkswagen Vision GT
Event 59 = 54ª - GT PASTELTONE 009-W
Event 60 = 55ª - GT CHROME 007-W
Event 61 = 56ª - Arancia Metallic Orange
Event 62 = 57ª - Matte Light Blue
Event 63 = 58ª - GT METALLIC 002-C
Event 64 = 59ª - GT JAPANESE 008-W
Event 65 = 60ª - GT MILITARY 003-W
Event 66 = 61ª - GT OLD GENERATION 010-C
Event 67 = 62ª - GT JAPANESE 005-W
Event 68 = 63ª - GT METALLIC 001-C
Event 69 = 64ª - GT MILITARY 004-W
Event 70 = 65ª - Pearl Orange
Event 71 = 66ª - Matte Gray
Event 72 = 67ª - GT GREY 009-N
Event 73 = 68ª - GT POLARIZED 008-P
Event 74 = 69ª - GT JAPANESE 003-W
Event 75 = 70ª - GT GUNMETAL 001-C
Event 76 = 71ª - GT OLD GENERATION 005-W
Event 77 = 72ª - GT PALTELTONE 006-W
Event 78 = 73ª - GT JAPANESE 006-C
Event 79 = 74ª - GT GUNMETAL 002-C
Event 80 = (Not Gift Chip)
Event 81 = (Not Gift Chip)
Event 82 = 75ª - Matte Light Green Repeated x 1
Event 83 = 76ª - GT MILITARY 005-W
Event 84 = 77ª - GT POLARIZED 001-P Repeated x 1
Event 85 = 78ª - GT FLUORESCENCE 003-W
Event 86 = 79ª - GT GUNMETAL 005-W
Event 87 = 80ª - GT FLUORESCENCE 004-W
Event 88 = 81ª - Matte Pink Repeated x 1
Event 89 = (Not Gift Chip)
Event 90 = 82ª - Matte Green
Event 91 = 83ª - GT OLD GENERATION 001-W
Event 92 = 84ª - GT MILITARY 006-W
Event 93 = 85ª - GT CHROME 004-W
Event 94 = 86ª - Silver Chrome
Event 95 = 87ª - GT POLARIZED 002-P
Event 96 = 88ª - GT MILITARY 007-W
Event 97 = 89ª - GT METALLIC 004-C
Event 98 = 100ª - GT JAPANESE 004-C
Event 99 = 101ª - GT GREY 002-N
Event 100 = 102ª - Gold Chrome
Event 101 = 103ª - Matte Purple
Event 102 = 104ª - Blue Metallic
Event 103 = 105ª - GT FLUORESCENCE 005-W
Event 104 = 106ª - GT JAPANESE 009-W
-_________-107ª - GT METALLIC 004-C Repeated x 1
Event 105 = 108ª - GT POLARIZED 005-P Repeated x 1
-_________-109ª - GT JAPANESE 004-W Repeated x 1
Event 106 = 110ª - Matte Light Red Repeated x 1
-_________-111ª - GT GREY 002-N Repeated x 1
Event 107 = 112ª - GT PASTELTONE 003-W
-_________-113ª - Gold Chrome Repeated x 1

For the OP:

I also have another list with thumbnail photos. I used as reference this (thread) DATABASE GT5.

EDIT:

I think so too is pretty cool visualization of colors.
I used the miniature own photo in the size of 170x113 (size exact for accommodate 5 miniatures on the same line).

Clicking on the thumbnail opens another link to the photo in full size.

GT CHROME

001--------------------------002--------------------------003--------------------------004--------------------------005

006--------------------------007--------------------------008--------------------------009--------------------------010​

Last edited:
I'm sorry, it has been months since I checked, and I don't remember now. There were a few that had wrong numbers or letter suffixes, and I think I had to go to other sources for some very early chips.

Excellent @GRANKUSTOM, loads to look at there! I will do this tomorrow, once I've figured out how I'll lay it out etc. Hopefully I've got some of the colours which still need pics and can contribute to those. And thanks for the chronological list, I always wanted to include that but it would've taken me forever to find all the info. I can't believe there's been over 100 already!

@Jbaffoh I think those pics I have in the OP are in the correct order (1-10) so we can double check your old ones against those so I think it'll be fine

I think it would be better viewing to have those pictures taken in a simple daytime Gemasolar setting, It's difficult to see the differences in colours clearly and cleanly at night, especially the chromes.

After browsing through the last few pages here, I was getting ready to post the very same thing. So yea, agreed, I think the pictures would be better viewed in a daytime setting. Too dark and too many reflections to properly see the color.

I think it would be better viewing to have those pictures taken in a simple daytime Gemasolar setting, It's difficult to see the differences in colours clearly and cleanly at night, especially the chromes.

Yeh this will be a problem for the darker shades and the chromes. The only problem is no one can do this by themselves, I for example only have about 50% of the colours so we're gonna need to combine heads, figure out a good solution and get the pics taken. Car choice could also be discussed, maybe something modern with a lot of curves and wavy bits that create small shadows within the bodywork to show what the colour can look like across a wider range of light. I can't think of one though lol

The only problem is no one can do this by themselves, I for example only have about 50% of the colours so we're gonna need to combine heads, figure out a good solution and get the pics taken. Car choice could also be discussed, maybe something modern with a lot of curves and wavy bits that create small shadows within the bodywork to show what the colour can look like across a wider range of light. I can't think of one though lol

V12 Vantage? :D

EDIT: I can help out with pics once the car is decided. I have all the chips except those from the 15th Ann. TTs and a flash drive laying around... somewhere.

V12 Vantage? :D

EDIT: I can help out with pics once the car is decided. I have all the chips except those from the 15th Ann. TTs and a flash drive laying around... somewhere.

Mmmm, my fave Aston :drool: I'm trying to think of something more crazy though that has lots of angles and bits sticking out etc so we can see how different light hits different parts, rather than just pick a car I like. I'd have to check if they're paintable but something like these monstrosities:

Citroen GT Concept
Mitsubishi VGT
VW VGT
Toyota FT-1

Or maybe a GT3/GT500 base model? Or maybe it doesn't matter and we should just use the Aston? :lol:

I think I did all the 15th Ann. events unless there's been more in the last couple of months

Personally I'd vote for a road car (and something less than 1M so we can get the most participants possible).

But I'm not set on the Aston if others have a more preferred car. :cheers:

EDIT: I realize I said road car but also meant to specify production car.

Yeh that's a good point actually. The only problem I have is that I'm terrible at making decisions :lol: so what's everyone else thinking? I'm happy with any suggestions tbh. I'm looking at ones that have interesting shapes, lambos for example have the big scoops and jagged lines to help create shadows and angles, but the supercars are all so expensive

I also have all paint chips. Including the anniversery ones.
(On two accounts, with only one chip missing on the second one i think from an early event.)

So i can help with the pictures. I just don't have time for all of them.

If you lot choose a car and a location.
And please take a standard/reproducable location in photo-mode.

So for example:
- location is: b
- photospot is : 4
- point camera to car, zoom a bit if needed. But don't move the camera around!
- shoot.

And it would be nice to use a common image host, as not all are good at retaining the images on forums for a long time.

Last edited:
Ramanujan when you say point camera to car do you mean zoom in? I think we should find a car/camera location where we don't have to change the angle and instead can just zoom to a specified value and then all pics will be identical. 👍

I also have all paint chips. Including the anniversery ones.
(On two accounts, with only one chip missing on the second one i think from an early event.)

So i can help with the pictures. I just don't have time for all of them.

If you lot choose a car and a location.
And please take a standard/reproducable location in photo-mode.

So for example:
- location is: b
- photospot is : 4
- point camera to car, zoom a bit if needed. But don't move the camera around!
- shoot.

And it would be nice to use a common image host, as not all are good at retaining the images on forums for a long time.

:cheers: Yep that's what I was planning so all the pics are exactly the same, and with no zooming so we just use the 'standard' placement each time 👍

Does anyone have a preference on the image host site? I know there's loads out there but I don't know which ones are decent

@GRANKUSTOM is there a thread anywhere that shows me how to add thumbnails rather than full size pics?

:cheers: Yep that's what I was planning so all the pics are exactly the same, and with no zooming so we just use the 'standard' placement each time 👍

Does anyone have a preference on the image host site? I know there's loads out there but I don't know which ones are decent

@GRANKUSTOM is there a thread anywhere that shows me how to add thumbnails rather than full size pics?
I do not know any thread as well.

I was doing so:
Captured the original picture on PS3, and made a copy for the thumbnail and hosting was being on imgur (Free for hosting images). 👍

:cheers: Yep that's what I was planning so all the pics are exactly the same, and with no zooming so we just use the 'standard' placement each time 👍@GRANKUSTOM is there a thread anywhere that shows me how to add thumbnails rather than full size pics?

I agree on "standard placement" but want to note that the zoom can be defined by a value on the slider so we can take identical close pics without "moving" the camera if we find a location/angle that is nice but too far back. :)

I would vote for the Toyota FT-1 as the picture car. Actually, any of those cars mentioned would work, but the Toyota would be the better one in my opinion.

I do not know any thread as well.

I was doing so:
Captured the original picture on PS3, and made a copy for the thumbnail and hosting was being on imgur (Free for hosting images). 👍

I'm confused as to how this works:

GT CHROME

001--------------------------002--------------------------003--------------------------004--------------------------005

006--------------------------007--------------------------008--------------------------009--------------------------010​

Here you have small pics, then when you click on the pic it takes you to the full size pic, how does this work? Apologies if I'm being stupid :dopey:

I'm confused as to how this works:

Here you have small pics, then when you click on the pic it takes you to the full size pic, how does this work? Apologies if I'm being stupid :dopey:

:D No problems mate. 👍

1 you add the thumbnail photo (blue arrow)
2 after you add a link on this thumbnail (red arrow)

SOID6C0.png

GT Polarized 008 P.

Just a pic to test the opinions. Picture can be clicked for a bigger version.

I took the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11 as it is has lots of different angled bodywork.
Location is Gemsolar #1. Press X until you are in camera mode to aim.
Put the [ ] of the camera in the small triangle window in front of the mirror of the car.
Press square to focus the camera and this is the result.

Camera aspect ratio is 3:2 (the top and standard selection).

The toyota that cargo rat likes is not paintable.

GT Chrome 001-W

GT Chrome 008-W

Imgur works nice, you can get the link with thumbnail from their site as a whole.

Last edited:
Count me in--I have all seasonal chips. How do we divide the labor?

Also, we need to use default camera angles so everyone gets exactly the same view. If that's what Ramanujan did, then perfect.

If you follow my instructions all pictures should be pretty much at the same angle.
Don't move the camera just aim with right stick of the controler at the small triangle window.

I am only worried that this format of thumbnail is too big if you put them all in one post.
And the smaller version of imgur is really small.

Last edited:
If you follow my instructions all pictures should be pretty much at the same angle.
I am only worried that this format of thumbnail is too big if you put them all in one post.
And the smaller version of imgur is really small.
Sorry, I just skimmed over the thread and didn't notice that this has been discussed.

But this just occured to me: Stripes! It might be nice to pick a car with stripes so we can see what stripe colors the chips produce.

Back