Exclusive GT6 Paint Chip Database *Updated 19/03/15 - GT5 DLC chips now complete*

If you follow my instructions all pictures should be pretty much at the same angle.
I am only worried that this format of thumbnail is too big if you put them all in one post.
And the smaller version of imgur is really small.

I think this thumbnail is very small too,I then resize the image copy in a program of your choice to 177x113. Then host the two images on imgur. So we get a full image and one small image.

This size will be possible to place 5 images (thumbs) in sequence, at exactly filling the post. 👍

EDIT:

GT CHROME

000--------------------------000--------------------------000--------------------------000--------------------------000

GT Polarized 008 P.

Just a pic to test the opinions. Picture can be clicked for a bigger version.

I took the Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11 as it is has lots of different angled bodywork.
Location is Gemsolar #1. Press X until you are in camera mode to aim.
Put the [ ] of the camera in the small triangle window in front of the mirror of the car.
Press square to focus the camera and this is the result.

Camera aspect ratio is 3:2 (the top and standard selection).

The toyota that cargo rat likes is not paintable.

GT Chrome 001-W

GT Chrome 008-W

Imgur works nice, you can get the link with thumbnail from their site as a whole.

Looks great Ram, nice car choice and great location. This gets my vote. 👍 And sorry, didn't realize my car of choice wasn't paintable. :dunce:

Thanks Mitch, i also had to enter the paint boot to see i had no options. :odd:

@Jbaffoh
I am not sure wich cars with stripes would be better. Feel free to submit a pic if you got a better one for shooting the pictures.

Last edited:
At abload.de this is the standard option:

GT Polarized 008-P /GT Chrome 001-W /GT Chrome 008-W /GT Chrome 001-W /GT Polarized 008-P

Works okay i guess. And as the GT5 pictures are still up in this thread, they seem to be available long enough.

Yes, works well and was excellent work Monatsende.
hhmmn.. .. I'm just looking these (numbers on the size of the photo) and I do not know ...
the work will be so great that I think it deserved a more visually clean gallery. But do like is best for you, my friend, both will be fine. 👍

I think @Malcolm Tucker

Should decide what to use. I see your option being more nice to look at. It only is more work to get it uploaded, as he would have to upload both pictures (small and big) and make the small one link to the big one in the topic.
With the Monatsende way you can upload the big pictures and you get the link for the rest.

Last edited:
Thanks Mitch, i also had to enter the paint boot to see i had no options. :odd:

@Jbaffoh
I am not sure wich cars with stripes would be better. Feel free to submit a pic if you got a better one for shooting the pictures.
The Ford GT's have curves and angles, and also stripes. Maybe there are better choices. Perhaps Vipers? I don't know.

Example with the SRT Viper GTS launch edition '13.
(I used one ford GT, and the stripes disappeared when painted.)

GT Chrome 001-W /GT Chrome 008-W /GT Polarized 001-P /GT Polarized 008-P /GT Chrome 001-W

GT Polarized 008-P /GT Chrome 001-W /GT Chrome 008-W /GT Chrome 001-W /GT Polarized 008-P

[ ] of camera was aimed at two meters at the dashboard of the SRT. With the top of the hooks just at the top of those meters( or vents).

Last edited:
Hi folks, I'm a bit of a lurker to this thread but I'm really interested in the outcome of the current project. Really impressed when determined hobbyists work together like you are...kudos 👍

Was just wondering if other photo locations had been considered? Gemosolar is generally bright but in the thumbnails all the darker components detract from the car itself. I haven't really thought of an alternative but I think it might be valuable to send out a reconnaissance mission to other locations and do some comparisons. Just a thought :)

Keep up the great work folks :cheers:

I think with these pictures i only get 4 in a row, not 5.
So 177*113 is a little to big.

@GRANKUSTOM

Compared with these in one post.

GoodMorning!

I agree, we do it with the (abload.de) will facilitate our work.
Only one photo to handle. But I think the Aventador would be the best choice. 👍

Wow loads to look at there, thanks guys :cheers: Unfortunately I'm not in tonight and tomorrow :guilty: so I might not be able to do anything until Monday, apologies.

It's a shame the thumbnails that fit 5 in a row have the dimensions underneath but I think they would be the ones to use to keep the OP tidy, each paint type would be two rows. And I think the Viper is a good choice, it's wavey enough to get some shadows and the stripes are handy as well. The Aventador is is possibly a bit better, but doesn't have stripes. I will go with the crowd, I'm useless at making decisions!! :dunce:

Test with resize to 10%. So 162*108 thumbs, click-able for bigger versions.

GT Chrome 001-W --/-- GT Chrome 008-W --/-- GT Polarized 001-P --/-- GT Polarized 008-P --/-- GT Chrome 001-W

GT Polarized 008-P --/-- GT Chrome 001-W --/-- GT Chrome 008-W --/-- GT Chrome 001-W --/-- GT Polarized 008-P

This layout looks the best i think. And if we do the layout the same everytime in our posts, Malcolm only needs to copy our posts as a whole to the OP. Everybody who wants to help can post 1-10 of a subgroup.

We also need a thumbnail for not yet available colors.

Any other opinions on the car to use?
I have no problem with either. I also looked at the other locations, but on this one i think the colors appear the clearest.

Last edited:
The Ford GT '06 does retain it's stripes when painted, but the sides are too vertical and colors tend to be masked by shadows. Same problem with the Aventador.

Therefore, I vote Viper GTS Launch Edition '13. At Gemasolar, view 1.

Okay the GTS it is then. I will start later tonight with the Polarized and gunmetal.

Does anyone feel the urge to make a nice placeholder for the missing colors? Picture should be 162*108.

Last edited:
Okay the GTS it is then. I will start later tonight with the Polarized and gunmetal.

Does anyone feel the urge to make a nice placeholder for the missing colors? Picture should be 162*108.
I'll start at the top of the list of solids.

Ok, I've shot the flourescents and greys so far. Gemasolar, view one. I am not aiming, focusing, or manipulating at all. I just shoot, save, repaint, and repeat.

Last edited:
Here's a sample. I shot all 32 Solids so far.

Gemasolar.jpg
With no aiming or focussing, could i see one to see what they look like?

;)

I like the idea of no aiming, that way you can flick between a couple pics without a "jiggle" effect. :)

I'll get started on some tonight. 👍

EDIT: Jbaffoh I'm guessing those are aftermarket wheels? Did you use them for all your shots so far? We should make sure we all have everything the same so whether it's stock wheels or those aftermarkets we should settle on one. :)

Last edited:
If mine are too soft focus in areas, we could raise the f stop to 45--that will put everything in focus without changing the aim. I don't think it matters for solids, but it might for metallics and colorshifts

I didn't realize I had non-standard rims when I shot--does it matter?

Edit: Sidebrowns, I just saw your comment on the rims. Yes, they're standard sized OZ Racing Botticelli III

The car also looks lowered compared to my shot of a standard one.
And after looking at the big picture i find it a bit of a shame it is not focused.
So i would like to go with the totally standard car with a clear shot of the car.
If 45 f-stop gets it in focus that is great, and i will use the same setting.

I hate the standard rims and I think their glossiness detracts from the paint chips we're displaying. But I didn't intentionally shoot with non-standards.

I just tested f45, and it sharpens the rims a little, but adds nothing to solid paints--maybe a little more detail about the gloss level. I think it's important for metallics, chromes, and colorshifts.

let me know what you want to do about rims, and I'll reshoot if necessary. I'll need to pick up some more wine first ;)

Edit: just saw your post. Ok, I will re-do the solids with standard car at f45

Personally I don't care too much what options we use as long as we're all consistent. :)

What about the Viper ACR? Those rims aren't very shiny and we still have the stripe?

I'll use the rims if you want. They look good, just check if the car is lowered.
And enjoy the wine. 👍
I just restored the standard rims and set all tuning options to default. Let's do it like that. And no manipulation of camera settings except to use f45.

The Japanese paints are spread throughout about three paint categories. Should I do all of them since they first appear in thr solids? --to keep them together?

Edit: I think too much of the ACR's hood area is stripe and not paint chip.

I didn't realize I had non-standard rims when I shot

Edit: Sidebrowns, I just saw your comment on the rims. Yes, they're standard sized OZ Racing Botticelli III

Yes, use those rims, they are SO much prettier than the stock rims and just make the viper a whole lot nicer to look at.

I just restored the standard rims

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......................:(

They are horrid rims!

Nowcontrol has a point. You guys decide while I run to the store for booze. I'll do whatever you agree on.

Edit: as for the lowering, I used Praiano's tune with sport softs.

Back