Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
McLaren MP4-12C '10 (GT3 Version)

600PP
626 BHP
1150kgs
Weight Distribution 46:54

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Rear Wings - Custom Wing Type B

FC Suspension

F/R
75/80
11.80/17.40
7/8
6/7
3/4
1.6/2.0
-0.04/0.06

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.249
2nd 2.559
3rd 2.029
4th 1.675
5th 1.420
6th 1.236
7th 1.098
Set final gear to 3.270
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
10/14/12
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 97.6%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Downforce set to 100
Ballast - Set 45kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This car is capable of Sub 2 min laps consistently at Silverstone. It doesn't feel very fluid in movement but it faster than the other GT3 cars I have recently published. For anyone who builds and tests this car, I would love to have feedback on it and if necessary, I will make changes. Thanks

View attachment 244614
View attachment 244615
View attachment 244613

I really do love this car and tune...spot on mate....just give her some throttle control when needed and she does what you want her to do...when you want her to do it...very responsive and super fast....Love it...👍

By the way i ran her on The International A...GT3 Series on Spa....and totally dominated the race from halfway into the 2nd lap...👍

All Settings as tune

TC...1
ABS..1
All other Aids off

CSS..1

You could shorten the final gear if you wanted...i just left it as tune..👍

20141025_143105-1.jpg
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (3).jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_4 (2).jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2 (2).jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_8.jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_7.jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_9.jpg

Cheers Shaun...:bowdown:
:cheers:

Last edited:
I really do love this car and tune...spot on mate....just give her some throttle control when needed and she does what you want her to do...when you want her to do it...very responsive and super fast....Love it...👍

By the way i ran her on The International A...GT3 Series on Spa....and totally dominated the race from halfway into the 2nd lap...👍

All Settings as tune

TC...1
ABS..1
All other Aids off

You could shorten the final gear if you wanted...i just left it as tune..👍

View attachment 244978
View attachment 244984
View attachment 244985
View attachment 244986

View attachment 244987

Cheers Shaun...:bowdown:
Very nice indeed. Not a bad best lap either, 2.20.811. Very fast indeed. Thats on the pace of the 630PP RH cars when they had anniversary seasonals at the beginning of GT6. You destroyed the field in that race. Nice to see this tune is working well with other people. I wasn't sure it was up there but that result shows it has all the workings of a great car.

McLaren MP4-12C '10 (GT3 Version)

600PP
626 BHP
1150kgs
Weight Distribution 46:54

Racing Hard Tyres

IA License|550PP (600PP) WTCC Mount Panorama|Winner| 👍

:lol: Amazing, @Badger66 did the car review almost the same time I was going to do mine... So i'll just add that it did great on MPanorama, huge grip and stability.

It doesn't feel very fluid in movement

Have to agree, noticed that in some fast corners the steering is not so precise and responsive like the Jag or Maserati.

Overall, another great GT3, just needs a bit caution on extreme bumpy tracks, mainly being lighter then others... 👍

Off to the ACR and GT-R'07... :)

Last edited:
@LordJCS - I see your attempt with the widow maker put you very high in my friends list for the Drift Seasonal. I just had a go in it and improved a little bit but I doubt that Ill get quite as high as you.. What did you think to my widow maker tune?

Edit: Added to the tune list is a 650PP SS version and RH version of this car. The tune I was using is no longer working as it should be so it will be redesigned by myself and published here. :) Happy days.

Last edited:
@LordJCS - I see your attempt with the widow maker put you very high in my friends list for the Drift Seasonal. I just had a go in it and improved a little bit but I doubt that Ill get quite as high as you.. What did you think to my widow maker tune?

Edit: Added to the tune list is a 650PP SS version and RH version of this car. The tune I was using is no longer working as it should be so it will be redesigned by myself and published here. :) Happy days.

You noticed that eh?! :sly:

I enjoyed every tire shredding second of it. Just a question.. The tune doesn't say anything about springrate. Not sure if it's intentional or not? I got around that by playing with camber angles instead, so no harm done. Quite happy with 11k on that event.

I improved on the Sierra drift as well. 10k atm.

You noticed that eh?! :sly:

I enjoyed every tire shredding second of it. Just a question.. The tune doesn't say anything about springrate. Not sure if it's intentional or not? I got around that by playing with camber angles instead, so no harm done. Quite happy with 11k on that event.

I improved on the Sierra drift as well. 10k atm.

I didn't realise that spring rates weren't on it. I shall find it out when I get the PS3 later and add it to the post. What camber did you end up using?

I didn't realise that spring rates weren't on it. I shall find it out when I get the PS3 later and add it to the post. What camber did you end up using?

I used quite a few different camber setups, can't really remember which one i had when i got the 11k run.

All i remember is that they were a bit on the wild side so to speak. Don't quote me on this, but i think it was like 5,5 in the front and 2,5 in the rear.

Last edited:
Very nice indeed. Not a bad best lap either, 2.20.811. Very fast indeed. Thats on the pace of the 630PP RH cars when they had anniversary seasonals at the beginning of GT6. You destroyed the field in that race. Nice to see this tune is working well with other people. I wasn't sure it was up there but that result shows it has all the workings of a great car.

IA License|550PP (600PP) WTCC Mount Panorama|Winner| 👍

:lol: Amazing, @Badger66 did the car review almost the same time I was going to do mine... So i'll just add that it did great on MPanorama, huge grip and stability.

Have to agree, noticed that in some fast corners the steering is not so precise and responsive like the Jag or Maserati.

Overall, another great GT3, just needs a bit caution on extreme bumpy tracks, mainly being lighter then others... 👍

Off to the ACR and GT-R'07... :)

@shaunm80...I just did the same race with the MP4-12C '10 on Spa and adjusted the Camber Angle back to 0.0 0.0 and now the car has more grip at mid corner and the steering is more responsive and precise ... Give a try now @cbarbosa and let me know if it works better for you....i got a quicker best lap of 2:18.396 on here with the no camber...and Shaun i don't know if it just works better on Spa with 00 00...but i will give it a go on another circuit and see...thanks for this Awesome Tune....👍

Edit... @shaunm80 ...I just tried your MP4 on Nurburgring GP/F GT3 Series also with Camber 0.0 0.0 and got a 1:59.345....Also i found on this tighter track that i was getting to much oversteer on corner entry due to the brake setting so i changed it to F7 R6 and found corner entry much better...Also i found CSS...7 better with this Car on this tighter track...but on Spa it was CSS..1 felt better...i do think personally that these controller settings can be adjusted to suit certain tracks and it's not always better just to stick to one setting....👍

I also just ran this car on Time trial in Arcade mode on Nurburgring GP/F and got a 1:57.348 with the above settings and final gear to 3.600...👍

These settings i've adjusted this car to suits the way i drive but it has definitely improved my lap times....thanks again Shaun...Love this car....:cheers:

20141026_112028-1.jpg

Last edited:
👍 TY! Will try the new one's asap... :) It's curious, because on MPanorama the car suited the base tune perfectly... This only confirms that there are no overall tunes... :)
It could be that Camber has uses on bumpy tracks and no camber is better on flat surfaces? Could be an interesting find and help a lot of other tunes which work on one surface and are not so great on others. I was trying to tune this car without camber and it felt prone to sudden oversteer during testing. Be interested to see what you think with regards to this one.

👍 TY! Will try the new one's asap... :) It's curious, because on MPanorama the car suited the base tune perfectly... This only confirms that there are no overall tunes... :)

You a right... different settings can work better on certain tracks as long as keep the base tune the same and then adjust personal settings like brakes...downforce and controller settings...it's such a wicked car and tune...isn't it...👍

What gives?! No Sean Connery?!?:odd:
Sean Connery wasn't available that day, Neither was Catherine Zeta Jones I'm afraid..I had to make do with the building on its own.

@shaunm80...I just did the same race with the MP4-12C '10 on Spa and adjusted the Camber Angle back to 0.0 0.0 and now the car has more grip at mid corner and the steering is more responsive and precise ... Give a try now @cbarbosa and let me know if it works better for you....i got a quicker best lap of 2:18.396 on here with the no camber...and Shaun i don't know if it just works better on Spa with 00 00...but i will give it a go on another circuit and see...thanks for this Awesome Tune....👍

Edit... @shaunm80 ...I just tried your MP4 on Nurburgring GP/F GT3 Series also with Camber 0.0 0.0 and got a 1:59.345....Also i found on this tighter track that i was getting to much oversteer on corner entry due to the brake setting so i changed it to F7 R6 and found corner entry much better...Also i found CSS...7 better with this Car on this tighter track...but on Spa it was CSS..1 felt better...i do think personally that these controller settings can be adjusted to suit certain tracks and it's not always better just to stick to one setting....👍

I also just ran this car on Time trial in Arcade mode on Nurburgring GP/F and got a 1:57.348 with the above settings and final gear to 3.600...👍

These settings i've adjusted this car to suits the way i drive but it has definitely improved my lap times....thanks again Shaun...Love this car....:cheers:

View attachment 245454

I will make a note to recheck this tune with 0.0 camber all around and also with brakes set at 7/6. See what I make of it. If it works both ways, ill edit the tune sheet to reflect this find. Thanks :)

I just set downforce to 95 and managed a even quicker time of 1:56.323 on Nurburgring GP/F...Shaun this car and tune is Awesome...👍👍

Plus i left time on the tarmac...there is a 1:55 in her still...:)
20141026_124110-1.jpg

And Shaun you could be right about different camber settings on flat and bumpy tracks...i will also give this car a try on mount Panorama with the settings i've used on GP/F...and see what happens...👍

It could be that Camber has uses on bumpy tracks and no camber is better on flat surfaces?

Indeed a pertinent question... I'll do some testing on flat/bumpy track this afternoon, with 0/0 and tune camber on both tracks... I remember on my test replica before 1.09 that with camber 0/0 the car was great in flat surface, but on a certain race in La Sarthe (maybe the most bumpy track of the game) it became quite hard to control, mainly on high speed, almost losing control of it...

If camber only works in bumpy tracks and 0/0 on flat, that can probably go against all the discussions so far done related...

Could be an interesting find and help a lot of other tunes which work on one surface and are not so great on others. I was trying to tune this car without camber and it felt prone to sudden oversteer during testing.

I presume it happened on flat surface? The only oversteer I encountered in MPanorama was related to low gears acceleration (1st gear hard accel.)...

You a right... different settings can work better on certain tracks as long as keep the base tune the same and then adjust personal settings like brakes...downforce and controller settings...it's such a wicked car and tune...isn't it...👍

Indeed... 👍

I will make a note to recheck this tune with 0.0 camber all around and also with brakes set at 7/6. See what I make of it. If it works both ways, ill edit the tune sheet to reflect this find. Thanks :)

No probs mate...i'm really enjoying driving this car...👍

i will also give this car a try on mount Panorama with the settings i've used on GP/F...and see what happens...👍

If I may, use the IA License | 550PP (600PP) WTCC Race 3 - It's MPanorama and with oponnents you can see the car's behaviour with slipstream, overtaking and heavy braking...

If I may, use the IA License | 550PP (600PP) WTCC Race 3 - It's MPanorama and with oponnents you can see the car's behaviour with slipstream, overtaking and heavy braking...

Ok i will try both...thanks...👍

Indeed a pertinent question... I'll do some testing on flat/bumpy track this afternoon, with 0/0 and tune camber on both tracks...

I presume it happened on flat surface? The only oversteer I encountered in MPanorama was related to low gears acceleration (1st gear hard accel.)...

You are correct about the oversteer, in low speed, the camber does throw some oversteer into the car but it helped the car maintain its composure in the high speed sections. I found that with no camber, the car would want to snap oversteer when going through right/left corners in quick succession. There are two of those corners in Silverstone and the car always struggled there before I added camber. I only used Silverstone as a test track for this car. I find that If I can make a car behave at this track, it will work at 95% of other tracks due to the make up of the Silverstone GP track.

Ok i will try both...thanks...👍

:ouch: Sorry, my bad, bad expression used... It's named 550PP WTCC with a limit of 600PP... 👍

Actually it's one. ;)

Many thanks my friend! :)

You are correct about the oversteer, in low speed, the camber does throw some oversteer into the car but it helped the car maintain its composure in the high speed sections.

Exactly! This happened in MP on those sucessive left corners at the top of the track, as graphic below:

Screenshot_1.jpg
There are two of those corners in Silverstone and the car always struggled there before I added camber. I only used Silverstone as a test track for this car. I find that If I can make a car behave at this track, it will work at 95% of other tracks due to the make up of the Silverstone GP track.

I found that with no camber, the car would want to snap oversteer when going through right/left corners in quick succession.

I'll also use Silverstone GP, and when I got back from lunch I'll test it here and leave the results asap... But I remember that sometimes my GT3 replica had some kind of whiplash effect on those particular corners, again while using 0/0 camber...

Actually it's one. ;)

I meant i will try the race and time trial..with no other cars....👍

You are correct about the oversteer, in low speed, the camber does throw some oversteer into the car but it helped the car maintain its composure in the high speed sections. I found that with no camber, the car would want to snap oversteer when going through right/left corners in quick succession. There are two of those corners in Silverstone and the car always struggled there before I added camber. I only used Silverstone as a test track for this car. I find that If I can make a car behave at this track, it will work at 95% of other tracks due to the make up of the Silverstone GP track.

I have found @shaunm80 that the car is definitely better and quicker on Mount Panorama as tune...ie...your camber setting and brakes and full downforce...there is a time difference of 2 secs with your settings... i got a 2:03..271 with it and 2:05.234 with 00.00 camber settings...👍

But for me on the GP/F...i found that 00 00 Camber and brakes set to F7 R6..is definitely working better for me on this track..👍

This is only my view and i know everybody drives differently and it's your tune Shaun...so you should know it better than anyone.....but for me after driving it on different tracks...i feel both settings can work well on certain tracks...👍

Shaun have you given it a go on the GP/F Circuit yet...:)

I meant i will try the race and time trial..with no other cars....👍

I have found @shaunm80 that the car is definitely better and quicker on Mount Panorama as tune...ie...your camber setting and brakes and full downforce...there is a time difference of 2 secs with your settings... i got a 2:03..271 with it and 2:05.234 with 00.00 camber settings...👍

But for me on the GP/F...i found that 00 00 Camber and brakes set to F7 R6..is definitely working better for me on this track..👍

This is only my view and i know everybody drives differently and it's your tune Shaun...so you should know it better than anyone.....but for me after driving it on different tracks...i feel both settings can work well on certain tracks...👍

Shaun have you given it a go on the GP/F Circuit yet...:)
I shall look into this later on when I have eaten and done more uni work. It seems that camber is both a gift and a curse. Not sure that PD know how to use this aid these days.. Oh well. I shall make a note that 0.0 camber works well on flat tracks and give it a go. thanks guys :)

I shall look into this later on when I have eaten and done more uni work. It seems that camber is both a gift and a curse. Not sure that PD know how to use this aid these days.. Oh well. I shall make a note that 0.0 camber works well on flat tracks and give it a go. thanks guys :)

No probs....enjoy your food and UNI work...cheers

Just got my time down to 1:55.919 on GP/F..with your MP4-12C '10...Cheers for this lovely tune...👍

View attachment 245487

As my original tune has it (with camber)? or with 0.0/0.0 camber. It seems that if it was done with camber, then the whole camber system is flawed some what. It almost seems unpredictable as to what effect it will have on any given car. Maybe one day an update will resolve this conundrum.

Back