Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Did you get the window sorted out okay?
Yeah found a shop that had one hiding back that is used. So only 289 rather then 650+
And just to add more to the pile. The X5's front lower control arms (both sides) are shot and are the source of the shaking that's another 700 ish to repair:banghead:

Yeah found a shop that had one hiding back that is used. So only 289 rather then 650+
And just to add more to the pile. The X5's front lower control arms (both sides) are shot and are the source of the shaking that's another 700 ish to repair:banghead:
Not a good month for you and your wife is it with car repair bills. You must be due some good news at some point. :)

Not a good month for you and your wife is it with car repair bills. You must be due some good news at some point. :)
Third month in a row with large repair bills. Caught a flat when we were moving that was 800 cause needed four tires on the Subbi, then repairing it for engine work, clutch leak and power steering leak came to 1600 the month after.

So today's new a-spec season events, the expert events, is soo off, there's something really really wrong there.
1st the tokio track again, now with racehard tires.
2nd the Ai is very fast and very grippy.

I tried the lm55 and the judd hybrid, both don't have enough magic.
i tried to enter with the judd at 623pp (full weight added and 50% power) and then switched it back when the game gives me the Ai cars.
just managed 1:24 laps, but that's not fast enough, came in 3rd. I guess i have to drive very messy and hit the AI and walls and stop using the brakes too much, it's going to be mayhem and worst drive ever.
but first i have some other things to do, so i leave the ps3 on and try again when i'm back.

Could it be this is the first expert race again that i can't finish gold?

Good morning, for the new seasonal event's easy going with:
(Gold at 1st try)
:)

Beginners' Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Cape Ring Inside (450PP SH)

- Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 --> Link to Car in Bowtie's Speed Shop <--

Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Matterhorn Dristelen (500PP SH)
- Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 --> Link to Car in Exeter GT Tuning <--

Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Tokyo R246 (700PP RH)
- Audi R8 Race Car '01 --> Link to Car in Exeter GT Tuning <--

(Audi not tested yet but had a 1:10,988 on "2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway (700PP RH)" so it is a good and fast Car and i will try this one first if I run the drive later...)

Changes:
- Tyres on Shelby from SS to SH.

Good Luck Have Fun ;)

Last edited:
A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 18/6/15)

The Crew™_20150605193141_1.jpg

I have a strange feeling that for two of these events, there should be a lot of my tunes which fit the bill and maybe only a couple for the final event. Whatever you find, let me know by quoting the original post and ill add it to the list below.

Beginners' Level Non-Racing Car Challanege (450PP SH)
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 '61 (450PP SH)
Scion FR-S '12 (450PP SH)

Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (500PP SH)
BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line (500PP SS - With SH Tyres)
Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03 (500PP SH)
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 (500PP SH)
Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (500PP SH)
Volkswagen Bora V6 4MOTION '01 (450PP SH)

Expert Level Racing Car Challenge (700PP RH)
Audi R8 Race Car '01 (700PP RH)
Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 (700PP RH) (With dddsprayshop changes)

Last edited:
Expert Level Racing Car Challenge: Tokyo R246 (700PP RH)
- Audi R8 Race Car '01 --> Link to Car in Exeter GT Tuning <--

(Audi not tested yet but had a 1:10,988 on "2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway (700PP RH)" so it is a good and fast Car and i will try this one first if I run the drive later...)
Good luck with that, i managed 2x 1:23.xx laps, but that's just with slipstreaming, Once i overtake them, they push me.
And those 1:23.xx laps? where lap 2 and 3, so the slower cars, not the sauber or the judd hybrid or the minolta i got as leaders.

Something is off in this race, they are faster then my cars that have extra powerparts?? Really?
I don't know what it is, but this week, no a-spec expert event gold for me.

Thats cool. Thank you for that. Did you happen to do a video of this one (or will you be doing one?) :)
Yes i did a video.
I used my own mazda roadster for the beginner, but i want to try something.
Also i went back to the expert event with the Pescarolo, but i took my oilchanged and put suspension and gearbox settings from @shaunm80
I did a very messy lap (real messed up, i drove like a 5year old) thaught i got 2nd again, but then realised i still had one lap after i crossed the finish, whoohoo, gold..
Also recorded.
And special for @shaunm80 i'm setting up de ferarri 250 GT berlinetta right now, and will record that also.

The @shaunm80 pescarolo with oilchange settings.But it also depends on the leaders that the game gives you
_PescaroloC60Hybrid'05_Racecar_by_Shaunm80andchanged_204.jpg

My opponents in this race
shot0021.png

Good luck with that, i managed 2x 1:23.xx laps, but that's just with slipstreaming, Once i overtake them, they push me.
And those 1:23.xx laps? where lap 2 and 3, so the slower cars, not the sauber or the judd hybrid or the minolta i got as leaders.

Something is off in this race, they are faster then my cars that have extra powerparts?? Really?
I don't know what it is, but this week, no a-spec expert event gold for me.

It is compared to the other events too hard I think... The subdivision is: very easy, easy and very difficult. Last time I only get silver at Tokyo rev. with the Mazda LM55 VGT but it was only 1 sec. behind the 1st and now the same crap again... :irked::irked::irked:

It is compared to the other events too hard I think... The subdivision is: very easy, easy and very difficult. Last time I only get silver at Tokyo rev. with the Mazda LM55 VGT but it was only 1 sec. behind the 1st and now the same crap again... :irked::irked::irked:
I did that event also with the pescarolo and the lm55, did gold with both, but had to drive very agressive.
sometimes i just did not brake, and used the walls to get the car to slow down in the right direction.
or in other words, drive like a 5 year old.
Also there's a change, last time on tokio, you were allowed the Race soft tires, now you are limited to the race hard tires, so a bit less traction.
I can't really put my finger on it, but something is off in this race. But when i entered again after one hour, suddenly i can keep up a bit better, as if PolyPhony changed a tiny bit when you connect to the online event. First races, i always was 5 or 6 seconds behind the leader, and now i'm 2 seconds ahead at the finish??
That's a 7 second gap, my laptimes are stil between 1:23.xxx and 1:24.xxx and 1:25.xxx, that hasn't changed.
But that's just guessing, i can't prove it.

sometimes i just did not brake, and used the walls to get the car to slow down in the right direction.
or in other words, drive like a 5 year old.

Hehe, that reminds me of Gran Turismo 3 then the Suzuki Escudo I was always driven along the walls. :lol::lol:

BTW, In general for the 500PP things I can recommend shaunm80's Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03 (500PP SH) P8 +232 setup if you do not always want to go with the same cars. At first I thought "hmmm a pickup truck with the handling of an oil tanker..." but he is quite agile. On the RWD event at Big Willow i had much fun with it. On Matterhorn it should work too...

Hehe, that reminds me of Gran Turismo 3 then the Suzuki Escudo I was always driven along the walls. :lol::lol:

BTW, In general for the 500PP things I can recommend shaunm80's Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03 (500PP SH) P8 +232 setup if you do not always want to go with the same cars. At first I thought "hmmm a pickup truck with the handling of an oil tanker..." but he is quite agile. On the RWD event at Big Willow i had much fun with it. On Matterhorn it should work too...
Added to the list :) An interesting option. I like it!

BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line (500PP SS - With SH Tyres)

I enjoy 2.42 into this video. I imagine that everyone has done this at least once on this circuit. That downhill section can catch most cars out if you are not careful! :)

Last edited:
@dddsprayshop Thanks for the video uploads. I really like them. You are not wrong about the Ferrari being expensive but its good to have expensive tastes sometimes. Don't feel like you have to make videos all the time for the seasonal events. If you make them, ill most probably put them on this thread but I won't chase you to make them. I am grateful for all the time you put in as it is. :)

Did the beginner and intermediate races with my DS3 last night and didn't even try the Expert :lol:

Used my Schiwmwagen at 418pp the coward pedal only gets used twice the entire lap :lol:
How low can you go?
I imagine below 400PP for the beginner event would be easily done. Coward pedal, I like that. I had to use the coward pedal in the Ferrari a lot! I didn't want to scratch the paintwork on that beauty.

@dddsprayshop Thanks for the video uploads. I really like them. You are not wrong about the Ferrari being expensive but its good to have expensive tastes sometimes. Don't feel like you have to make videos all the time for the seasonal events. If you make them, ill most probably put them on this thread but I won't chase you to make them. I am grateful for all the time you put in as it is. :)
I always make video's of the seasonals for my channel, i only made that ferarri video special for you today.:cool:

I have that YT channel for people that want gold or get close to gold on races but don't now settings.
The whole reason for the expert and intermediate clip? Your settings fit my drivestyle!!
If i used praiano's pescarolo, there would not be a expert video for your tune.
There's no hidden agenda @shaunm80 , don't worry, just enjoy.
I created a program to collect tunes (the user puts found tunes in by him/herself, every user's database is different), nowcontrol uses it also, it's a free program, i don't want anything for it, maybe a little feedback about bugs or improvement. It's all probono, free of charge, no hidden agenda's.
i just enjoy it here.:cheers:

And that Ferarri? i bought that one a few months ago, i only mention expensive for my subscribers that don't have it. That's why there's also a cheap Mazda Roadster RS (NC) video with settings on my channel.;)

\edit: my youtube is also probono, free. You don't need to subscribe, i don't earn money with it, i'm not looking for subscribers here.It's just a hobby that went out of control.

Last edited:
Back