Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
I watched it and it makes no sense to me at all. Besides his stupid swearing and complaining about very trivial stuff he didn't do anything other than move the motor to the other side of the gear and then reversing the polarity of the motor makes just as little sense.

Moving to motor is pointless and changes absolutely nothing, and if you reverse the motor polarity the feedback would just be backwards.

I watched it and it makes no sense to me at all. Besides his stupid swearing and complaining about very trivial stuff he didn't do anything other than move the motor to the other side of the gear and then reversing the polarity of the motor makes just as little sense.

Moving to motor is pointless and changes absolutely nothing, and if you reverse the motor polarity the feedback would just be backwards.
According to this post: http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/12951-driving-force-pro-gt-mods/

The mod with moving the motor makes wheel faster....the difference between original place of the motor and on the other side is that on the other side motor will rotate steering shaft directly ...on his original place motor rotates another gear wheel which rotates the shaft.....so direct contact is always better...

Could someone explain to me what that Logitech DFGT video was? What was he doing? Why?
He was modding the DFGT to have faster response and smoother feedback.

When he moved the motor he flipped it from original position so with out changing the polarity the feedback would be backwards.
Think about it this way. Take two gears a large one and small one, rotate the small gear clockwise on the right side of the large gear, the large gear will rotate counter clockwise. Now move the smaller to the left of the large gear. Again rotate it clockwise, the large gear will now rotate clockwise with it.

@ALB123 treed me but that was good info.

I didn't know of another gear. So if the middle gear was a different size, then he changed the gear reduction, hence the higher speed for the start up calibration. So if you lost gear reduction then it won't be as hard to rotate the wheel as you fight against the feedback. I run mine at 10, and I don't want less. And direct contact isn't always better.

But just moving a gear from left to right doesn't change its direction. You can move it all around the other gear and nothing changes. Think of a spirograph. It changes nothing. So you're incorrect about that. But again I didn't know he removed a gear.

But just moving a gear from left to right doesn't change its direction. You can move it all around the other gear and nothing changes. Think of a spirograph. It changes nothing. So you're incorrect about that. But again I didn't know he removed a gear
When you're dealing with one moving gear yes you are correct. But when you add rotation of a second contact gear. The location of the contact determines the rotation direction of the pinion gear. The video shows what happened when you change contact side of a pinion gear with out changing the rotation direction of the powered gear.

That's completely unrelated to gears that have teeth 360 degrees around as our wheels do.
I don't see how. The contact points on opposite sides of the center wheel which in the case of the wheel would be the center gear for shaft. The outer gears would be the placement of the motor.
If you have gears or toys laying around try it and see what happens. Swapping the movement gear from one side to another on a pinion gear will change the rotation direction of the pinion gear if the rotation of the movement gear is kept the same.

I was a huge rc nerd for ten years. Still got em. Don't need to try anything. I know. Not to sound conceited or anything. I even came up with a mod for a transmission that moved the motor from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/110323-mirror-imaged-transmission.html

In your video the big gear changes direction because the teeth go from inside to outside. Our wheels don't do that. Teeth are always outside.

This is definitely a conversation for wheel turners. I am a little lost on the concepts being described here. Rookie question here but what is the impact of faster steering input in GT6? What I mean is, does this make cars easier to turn in or will it make them more prone to over steering due to the faster steering actions of the cars?

new stuff on wednesday :)

Unbenannt.JPG

Rookie question here but what is the impact of faster steering input in GT6? What I mean is, does this make cars easier to turn in or will it make them more prone to over steering due to the faster steering actions of the cars?

I can't imagine it does anything for wheel/steering inputs. The only thing the motor does is add resistance to your inputs and provide force feedback. And now with less gear reduction (I am assuming the idler gear was a different size, thus the faster speed when his calibrated without the idler) it won't have as much resistance or feedback strength.

I like a heavy wheel, like no power steering and have my settings at maximum.

I was a huge rc nerd for ten years. Still got em. Don't need to try anything. I know. Not to sound conceited or anything. I even came up with a mod for a transmission that moved the motor from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/110323-mirror-imaged-transmission.html

In your video the big gear changes direction because the teeth go from inside to outside. Our wheels don't do that. Teeth are always outside.
You are correct. I had it backwards in my head. As for why he is reversing the polarity the only reason I can think of is the idler gear is changing the rotation in normal configuration.

I can't imagine it does anything for wheel/steering inputs. The only thing the motor does is add resistance to your inputs and provide force feedback. And now with less gear reduction (I am assuming the idler gear was a different size, thus the faster speed when his calibrated without the idler) it won't have as much resistance or feedback strength.

I like a heavy wheel, like no power steering and have my settings at maximum.
I think the idea is smooth out the input remove that small rock that is present in the wheel. You certainly feel the road better with it but as you said with out the idler gear the torque will be reduced.

Back