Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
My time with no change to your BMW Z4 GT3 '11 tune Shaun is now 1:51.426, and I am not to far behind @Soren Jacquet & @coryclifford but I will try it again later on, because it is to hot here at the moment.

Edit: now 1:50.944 and that is the best I can do with still no change to @shaunm80 BMW Z4 GT3 '11 tune using my G29 wheel, but if I want to get a bit better time I have to make some changes to Shaun's tune.

Last edited:
your are not the only one that is waiting for more online events, but I am really thinking is it time to have a brake and stop playing GT6 and wait until GT7 comes out but it is going to be hard without you guy's around if I do this. I see how I go and It has been fun talking to you guy's.

I hear ya..i'm starting to feel the same way with GT6...i haven't even done the new time trials yet.

Does anyone have any idea when GT7 is meant to come out???

:cheers:

I hear ya..i'm starting to feel the same way with GT6...i haven't even done the new time trials yet.

Hopefully not until PD learn from all the mistakes they've made in the past, sorted all the bugs and the game is complete.
GT6 has made some strides forward but has also made more than a few sideways steps and fallen victim to some steps backwards as well.

The seasonals are done and dealt with.

The GT Arena tho.. Just got gold and i'm out. Quite happy to leave that event behind me.

Gonna be spending my time at Suzuka, my latest attempt landed me at 1:50.377 with the R8 LMS Ultra.

Race car drift is also an event where i'll be spending some time at.

Tuned car drift was done with my "DK 350Z replica", using the Amuse 380 superleggera.. Landed a 6.7k run with it.

The seasonals are done and dealt with.

The GT Arena tho.. Just got gold and i'm out. Quite happy to leave that event behind me.

Gonna be spending my time at Suzuka, my latest attempt landed me at 1:50.377 with the R8 LMS Ultra.

Race car drift is also an event where i'll be spending some time at.

Tuned car drift was done with my "DK 350Z replica", using the Amuse 380 superleggera.. Landed a 6.7k run with it.
i used also the R8 at Suzuka and you are 2 sec faster , that's impressive

take to hairpin in 2nd gear and easy on the throttle then it wont spin out

I'm using automatic gearshifting :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:,sorry guys.
I try to take it as slow as possible but like you saying i'm hitting the throttle to hard so i drift out when i accelerate
I really need to learn to ease on it.
It's hard to find a good breaking spot for it.
On my current fastest lap i've breaked really late so i had a wide outside line (almost off track),but i managed to exit it quite properly.
Don't think i'm able to get under the 1'53",but i could get close to that if i make no mistakes.

I'm using automatic gearshifting :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:,sorry guys.
I try to take it as slow as possible but like you saying i'm hitting the throttle to hard so i drift out when i accelerate
On my current fastest lap i've breaked really late so i had a wide outside line (almost off track),but i managed to exit it quite properly.
Don't think i'm able to get under the 1'53",but i could get close to that if i make no mistakes.
No worries about auto 👍
Do you use a stick, Square/X or L2/R2 for throttle brake?
The reason I ask if because the GT3 cars response exttreamy well to "left foot" braking keeps them stable in the hairpins and hard 90 turns at the finish.

I haven't played GT6 since October 3rd. This is the first time I've gone more than 1 day without playing GT6 in over a year. Even though I was getting a little bit bored with GT6 I kept playing, but then I bought Assetto Corsa on October 3rd and I haven't had a desire to load up GT6 since. I'm not giving up on Gran Turismo completely. But, I have something new and fun that is definitely providing more enjoyment than GT6 has in the last few months. The sounds alone are enough to put a smile on my face.

So, I have sole control of the next FITT event. Which of you will be giving the FITT FT-86 Concept Challenge a go? The link to the event is here. If you feel like tuning/testing or both, please sign up in the attached link.

tokyo-r246-jpg.459975

Have you thought about adjusting the 1st gear ratio to try & help the car at the hairpin?
As I see it, you have 2 options. Option 1 is to adjust 1st gear ratio so that it is as low as possible. This would mean moving the individual ratio slider all the way to the right & making the number as high as possible. If the number is high enough, you might be able to avoid the car changing down to 1st gear. Option 2 is the reverse process of making 1st gear as tall as possible & moving the 1st gear slider all the way to the left for as low a number as possible. This will have the effect of trying to tame the wheelspin when you apply power in 1st gear.
Your only other option is to leave 1st gear as it is & try to drive around the problem by changing your line. Brake the car in a straightline, rotate the car as fast as possible, late apex & drive off the corner as straight as possible. The straighter the car is when you apply power, the more traction you have and are then less prone to oversteer tail sliding. It may still slide a little but only a small steering correction will be needed.
Whenever I drive at Suzuka, I always late apex this hairpin. That way you can get a good exit & carry your speed all the way to the Spoon Curve.
Hope I've been able to help. Good luck.

Greetings my fellow gear heads. Time to fire up the Ps3 and have a quick look to see if any of you guys made any improvement.
I haven't tried to improve any of my times lately. I am happy with the gold times I have set and will patiently wait for the credit farming events to arrive.

Are you telling me to stay away?
Go and give each of the tracks another go, See if you can make any improvements on your times.

My avatar on here or on psn? Would a fluffy kitten be more to your liking?
A fluffy kitten.. No.. No.. That just doesn't seem right. Stick with the avatar you have already. Scary is good!

used the BMW Z4 and improved my time within 1 sec. but still not enough to get close to the fast guys in front of me
Keep going Chris, you can do it. Are you using your new pad with that special throttle button?

I´m taking a break for new at the events . But then I´ll be back
A break? Did you run out of carrot cake?

I haven't tried to improve any of my times lately. I am happy with the gold times I have set and will patiently wait for the credit farming events to arrive.

Go and give each of the tracks another go, See if you can make any improvements on your times.

A fluffy kitten.. No.. No.. That just doesn't seem right. Stick with the avatar you have already. Scary is good!

Keep going Chris, you can do it. Are you using your new pad with that special throttle button?

A break? Did you run out of carrot cake?
nooo are baking cake till tomorrow to little philip´s birthday

Back