Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
You are definitely knocking on the door of a 1.49. Keep going. I am watching the qualifying live on BBC for the Sochi GP. It is nice to have live races on TV.

I just broke into the 1:49 range.

1:49.927 to be precise.

DSC_0305.JPG

Last edited:
No worries about auto 👍
Do you use a stick, Square/X or L2/R2 for throttle brake?
The reason I ask if because the GT3 cars response exttreamy well to "left foot" braking keeps them stable in the hairpins and hard 90 turns at the finish.

I'm using the square for braking,my controller has just standard settings.
Square=braking
X =throttle
Triangle=changing view
O=handbrake

Not using the joysticks at all,using the arrowbuttons to direct the car around the track.

Have you thought about adjusting the 1st gear ratio to try & help the car at the hairpin?
As I see it, you have 2 options. Option 1 is to adjust 1st gear ratio so that it is as low as possible. This would mean moving the individual ratio slider all the way to the right & making the number as high as possible. If the number is high enough, you might be able to avoid the car changing down to 1st gear. Option 2 is the reverse process of making 1st gear as tall as possible & moving the 1st gear slider all the way to the left for as low a number as possible. This will have the effect of trying to tame the wheelspin when you apply power in 1st gear.
Your only other option is to leave 1st gear as it is & try to drive around the problem by changing your line. Brake the car in a straightline, rotate the car as fast as possible, late apex & drive off the corner as straight as possible. The straighter the car is when you apply power, the more traction you have and are then less prone to oversteer tail sliding. It may still slide a little but only a small steering correction will be needed.
Whenever I drive at Suzuka, I always late apex this hairpin. That way you can get a good exit & carry your speed all the way to the Spoon Curve.
Hope I've been able to help. Good luck.

My setting are the same as in this tune,only reduced the power to drop down to 630 pp.
I've tried to soften up the suspension (tweak it almost everytime with the exeter tunes,mostly it pays off),but i've messed up.:irked::ouch:
I need to reset it to the original settings again.
I don't have any knowledge to tune/set up a car so i don't understand anything about transmission settings :embarrassed:
I guess that the second option would be more usefull to me ;).

thanks for the tips 👍

@shaunm80

used this tune for the 450pp high speed ring challenge,smooth drive :cheers:

you can add it on this list

another edit:
drift seasonals are both golded with these tunes

Cape Ring:tune
Monza:tune
i have added the Peugeot to the list. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Those two cars you used for the drift events are two of the better tunes in the tuned and race car categories. They virtually guaranteed to achieve gold in a short space of time.

i have added the Peugeot to the list. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Those two cars you used for the drift events are two of the better tunes in the tuned and race car categories. They virtually guaranteed to achieve gold in a short space of time.

I just wished the pikes peak quattro were more tail happy. Other than that it's one heck of a drifting machine. Cudos on a great tune,yet again.

I just wished the pikes peak quattro were more tail happy. Other than that it's one heck of a drifting machine. Cudos on a great tune,yet again.
I couldn't handle this tune with more tail happiness. It kept spinning on me every time I tried to counter the direction of drift. I think you can add more rear toe and it will give you that tail happiness if you want it.

I couldn't handle this tune with more tail happiness. It kept spinning on me every time I tried to counter the direction of drift. I think you can add more rear toe and it will give you that tail happiness if you want it.

Alright. Thanks for the feedback. On a different note, there's a Gt3 car 600pp room up and running for anyone who wants to join.

Last edited:
I'm using the square for braking,my controller has just standard settings.
Square=braking
X =throttle
Triangle=changing view
O=handbrake

Not using the joysticks at all,using the arrowbuttons to direct the car around the track.
Well to soften @shaunm80 tube lower the rear compression setting first let the back squish then reduce the spring rate a little a time.
As for throttle control try tapping the brakes as your powering the turn or rapid press the throttle to keep from spinning the wheels.

I decided to take a stroll down memory lane yesterday.

Loaded up GT5 and noticed i had some replays saved from back in the day when i used to attend a racing series with the VW Golf Touring car that came with a certain update.

After viewing about 20 replays from that series i came to the conclusion that i need to bring that car back to life. So i set out looking for a tune for it but was unable to find one that suited my needs.

Today i'll try to create a home-brewed tune for it, but i have a feeling that won't be easy.

So with that said... @shaunm80 and @Otaliema if any of you guys could have a look at that car and try to figure out what it needs i would be very happy. But if you dont have the time to do so i fully understand.

Have a great day.

Suzuka old record:1'53"885
Suzuka new record :1'52"845 :D

So,i spend some hours of trying to improve and to get under the 1'53"...
I'm satisfied i could do it,because it was frustrating sometimes.
My lap still isn't perfect but very decent,i had a 1'53"179 for long time but i felt like there was more to gain.
Now there still is,but this is very close to my limit,had a decent exit on the hairpin.
When I compare my current best lap with the 1'53"179 lap,i should be able to get around 1'52"5...
My first section was -0.660,then i start to loose some time,after the hairpin- spoon section my advantage was 0.426,and in the last section i gave in again a little more time.
About the setup:I've noticed that the rear downforce wasn't maximized.
Is it recommendable to do it ?

thanks for advice guys,really appreciate it.👍

Suzuka old record:1'53"885
Suzuka new record :1'52"845 :D

So,i spend some hours of trying to improve and to get under the 1'53"...
I'm satisfied i could do it,because it was frustrating sometimes.
My lap still isn't perfect but very decent,i had a 1'53"179 for long time but i felt like there was more to gain.
Now there still is,but this is very close to my limit,had a decent exit on the hairpin.
When I compare my current best lap with the 1'53"179 lap,i should be able to get around 1'52"5...
My first section was -0.660,then i start to loose some time,after the hairpin- spoon section my advantage was 0.426,and in the last section i gave in again a little more time.
About the setup:I've noticed that the rear downforce wasn't maximized.
Is it recommendable to do it ?

thanks for advice guys,really appreciate it.👍
Rear downforce is good if you want more speed through the corners but it will affect the overall top speed and can have some affect on the braking behaviour. You are welcome to play around with the downforce to see what effects you find.

Great times by the way. I found that any time I made up in the first section, I would usually lose through a bad hair pin or going too deep though a fast corner so I stopped when I had gold in the bag.

AEM S2000 (Drift Setup)

550PP
493 BHP
1200kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52

Comfort Hard Tyres
Change Oil
(Do this after power parts have been installed)

FC Suspension
F/R
80/85
13.25/16.60
5/7
5/7
3/5
2.8/3.5
-0.16/0.28

Racing Brake Kit
1/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
set max speed to 124ph
1st 3.051
2nd 2.366
3rd 1.854
4th 1.532
5th 1.302
6th 1.135
Set final gear to 5.050

FC LSD
10/45/5

Set power limiter to 99.5%
Racing Exhaust

Downforce set to (F/R) 200/450
Ballast - Set 45kgs to Position -50

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

I scored 2800 with this drift setup for the special PD D1 drift event. It wasn't easy but it is possible to score big points.

aems2000-jpg.127132

My drift session is 34414th. Score 2862.. It a few tries to that number. This car and tun got me gold, the credits, the paint chips and a classic rally car. Exeter tune rule!!!! Thank you.

Audi Sport quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87 (Drift Setup)

638PP
610 BHP
1000kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Comfort Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
110/115
8.10/9.50
5/5
4/7
2/3
1.4/2.4
-0.18/0.30

Racing Brake Kit
1/8

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.608
2nd 1.996
3rd 1.586
4th 1.303
5th 1.106
6th 0.970
Set final gear to 4.740

FC LSD
F/R
5/8
10/48
5/5
Torq Dist Centre Diff
10:90

Set power limiter to 100.0%
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
F/R
400/550

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

View attachment 366495
View attachment 366494

my session ranking 23360th drift score 4245.. Not a big fan of drift events and took a few times to get that score.. This usual drift setup got me that the credits, the gold, the paint chips and the BMW V12 LMR '99 Thank you....

Hey Shaun...How are you ? Hope all is good with you. My mom passed away on October 10, 2015. I have been playing lots of gt6 and then had no internet for most of the day. question what setup did you use for the GT Kart Championship 125 series of races ? and I have a ps3 controller ???

Hey Shaun...How are you ? Hope all is good with you. My mom passed away on October 10, 2015. I have been playing lots of gt6 and then had no internet for most of the day. question what setup did you use for the GT Kart Championship 125 series of races ? and I have a ps3 controller ???
My deepest sympathies to you and your family on your terrible loss. May she rest in peace.
My Mother passed away 29 July 2000 after a long battle with cancer. I miss her everyday.

As for the 125 go-karts, you'll need to adjust the max speed gearing to suit the track you are racing at to be competitive. I can't remember what speeds suit which track but if you search the tuning forum for 125 go-kart tunes, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. Good luck & all the best :) 👍

Latest Posts

Back