Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Hey Shaun...How are you ? Hope all is good with you. My mom passed away on October 10, 2015. I have been playing lots of gt6 and then had no internet for most of the day. question what setup did you use for the GT Kart Championship 125 series of races ? and I have a ps3 controller ???
My condolences for your loss. I hope that you are doing okay. I am okay, busy with uni work and I start my next nursing placement this week too. It is all good though. I haven't done the 125cc karts championship in gt6 yet. I find that very difficult to do and always end up last somehow. The advice above sounds pretty good though.

Hey Shaun...How are you ? Hope all is good with you. My mom passed away on October 10, 2015. I have been playing lots of gt6 and then had no internet for most of the day. question what setup did you use for the GT Kart Championship 125 series of races ? and I have a ps3 controller ???
My deepest sympathies to you and your family on your loss, my dad passed away on the 2nd January this year and I am still getting over the loss.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family on your loss, my dad passed away on the 2nd January this year and I am still getting over the loss.
Loss & grief are very difficult emotions to deal with when we loose those we love dearly. As @Otaliema said, we have to tell ourselves that they are in a better place. Time helps us heal & come to terms with dealing with it all. We're here for support.

Hello, my sympathies and condolences for your loss.

Concerning the kart races, this guide might help you as it helped me go through that challenging series of races.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ng-and-strategy-guide-international-a.295156/

hope it helps!

FITT FT-86 Concept Challenge

Tokyo R246.jpg

This is a challenge which I am personally hosting. It is still open for new tuners and testers if you are interested in joining. FITT always welcomes new testers and trust me when I say that testing other peoples work can often produce a hidden gem that you might not have found in this game.

The link for the FT-86 Concept Challenge is here. Check it out and see how other tuners try and solve the problems with this amazing car. I have a feeling that a few sleeper tunes will come out of this competition for future events.

I will be posting my tune below in a few days. I hope you all enjoy it when it is published.

Last edited:
FITT FT-86 Concept Challenge

Car Used - Toyota FT-86 Concept ‘09

Tokyo R246.jpg

Tuned as per FITT regulations outlined here.

Car settings

500PP
330 BHP
880kgs
Weight Distribution 51:49

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension
F/R
104/102
3.90/5.40
5/4
4/5
2/4
0.7/0.4
-0.22/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
6/5

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph/199kph
1st 4.672
2nd 3.275
3rd 2.315
4th 1.733
5th 1.378
6th 1.164
Set final gear to 3.810

FC LSD
12/11/14
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.1%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

I hope the testers enjoy this tune. The transmission is a special one of design for this track and something new for me so I look forward to seeing what you think of it.

Tokyo R246_1.jpg

Last edited:
FITT FT-86 Concept Challenge Reviews/Results

Tokyo R246_2.jpg

Reviews
Lionheart2113
Lap Time - 1:51.398
DC Score - 8.7
Review:
This one surprised me coming from you. This car is far from tame! Interesting approach with the transmission, and it works pretty well except for the higher RPMs coming up to the 1st turn costing a little more than a tenth in the first section compared to others. The power sliding was fun, but it kills speed and 9 out of 10 times it was a little unpredictable on most of the turns. Being able to carry speed consistently through Turns 8 & 9 was very nicely thought out though.
Recommendation:
One thing I didn't want to destroy was the transmission just to get a faster 1st section, possibly sacrificing other parts of the track. So, I wanted to get the rear end a little more manageable/predictable without changing too much. I adjusted the Rear Spring down from 5.40 to 4.50. It still slides but it is easier to hold/predict the slide allowing for more confidence getting the power to the ground increasing exit speed. Doing this took off 5 tenths/lap.

shaunm80
Best Lap Time: 1.52.898
DC: 9.7
Review
Like the other tunes, my own tune has some under steer going on but the rear of the car definitely gives this car confidence to push it through the slalom section which made a huge different in the time I could get out of the tune. I will leave the critical analysis of my tune to other testers but this tune is fun, fast and consistent in my hands. That’s all a tune needs to be really.

Biffa3
Lap time - 1:51:614
DC - 8
Impressions of the tune
Great car to throw around the track. Feels light and nimble but you will have to manage the rear end.

Wydopen
Lap Time - 1:51.470
DC: 8.8
This was a very safe and stable tune which is what I expected. Shaun does a great job of keeping folks in the gold in the seasonal events and many of my cars are based off his tunes. The car had good braking and initial turn in everywhere with some minor exit oversteer if you got too zealous. There were no places it excelled but also no corners it had trouble with. Overall a good tune.

Theinfamousjew6
LapTime: 1:52.239
DC: 9.0
Comments: I loved the turn in capabilities of this tune. If I hit the apex perfectly it would hold it through entry and mid-corner perfectly, although if I was over zealous with the throttle on exit the back end would pass me on the straights! The brakes and trans we're right on! Very well done tune, which I expected from a veteran. Well Done!

DolHaus
Lap Time: 1:51.377
DC: 7.5
  • Feels heavy an slight ly unresponsive to steerin
  • Bogs down between 5th and 6th harming speed
  • Good amount of grip but resists being pushed
  • Needs to be driven carefully to get speed out of it
  • Not my kind of car but not a bad drive when you drive the way it wants

Overall Result

Last edited:
It is a nice paint color. I have it on my ZZII with black rims and aero to accent. Its quite stunning in replays.
I look forward to the tune :) . Just for fun I'm trying my own tune there. 1:53.xx so far with 162mph on the straight. It'll be interesting to see what the semi-aliens can do with the car. Good luck
You are only 1 second behind my best theoretical time in this event.. Are you happy with your tune in its current form and would you like to enter this FITT event to see how it goes? I don't have you down as a tuner but seen as you have made a tune, it seems a waste not to pit it against the others.

I suppose I could. I'm still trying to balance my time between 65 hrs work this week, family time, gt6 and midnight feedings :rolleyes:. I still have quite a few kinks to work out on that track. Will you put me down as tentative just in case?
I shall do that. Concentrate on real life obviously, but if you do have an hour or two to work out those kinks in your tune, it would be great to see your work.

You are only 1 second behind my best theoretical time in this event.. Are you happy with your tune in its current form and would you like to enter this FITT event to see how it goes? I don't have you down as a tuner but seen as you have made a tune, it seems a waste not to pit it against the others.
I guess I was using tc2 and a relatively high lsd for a previous event. :embarrassed: Low 1:55s now...back to the drawing board :grumpy:. Its still a really fun car though

Back