Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Proper mad man?
bondbaddies620372.jpg

Or
Funny man?
3998596-dr-evil.jpg

Mad man.. Definitely mad man. ;)

This was a blast to drive! Thank you so much!! 👍

I was fooling around on the first try and made some stupid mistakes but came very close to winning. I liked the way the rabbit fought me off to win in 0.1 seconds. I decided to try and get the 0.01 seconds trophy (win a race by a margin of 0.01 seconds or less)...it took another 5 tries, (including losing one race by 0.004!), but I finally got the last trophy and the Platinum Trophy!!

:cheers:
That is a cool trophy to get. Well done. Glad you enjoyed the car too. This is a very useful tune for lots of events. :)
Hi Shaun, I apologize if I have messed up the quote, but your IS 350 tune above is quite fun and a guaranteed gold in the beginners level challenge. Even when detuned to 505 PP.:cheers:
Nope. You got the quote right. I will add this car to the list ASAP. This car is terrible compared to other GT300 cars available but this tune made it drivable so that has to count for something. The engine in the Lexus is not optimised and feels slow compared to say a Toyota or Nissan. Odd drive by PD in my opinion.
Beginners´Level GT300 Raing Car Challenge:
CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA ´09 (520PP ) RH tyres

Inteerrmediate Level Europan Hot Hatch Challenge:
Ferrari Dino 246 GT ´71 (450PP) CS Tyre

Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge:
Honda RAYBRIG HSV-010 `12 /(600PP) RH tyres
Are any of these tunes from my garage or are these your own creations?
Knowing when to draft, overtake or bide your time on the Nordschleife are vital keys to a successful race.
When the DTM used to race there pre 1993, the smart drivers would wait until the Dottinger Hohe (the 3km long straight) on the last lap & time their run for the sprint to the flag. 3 or 4 wide was commonplace. You certainly didn't want to lead the pack onto that section of the track unless you magically had 100-150 metres up your sleeve.
Or just keeping a car on the track is virtually impossible.. Green hell.. :crazy:
Beginner Level GT300 Race Car Challenge:

Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12

This was a pleasure to drive and if I needed the credits, I could grind here or the Hot Hatch Challenge all day! Thanks Shaun for another great tune! :bowdown:

I agree, I love this tune. Makes this car really fast and really easy to over take other cars without trying. I have used this tune many times for A spec career races with GT300 events. Always a winner.

BMW 330i '05

PP450

Weight 1300kgs

Change oil
Driver preference for this part but I repainted mine Solar Yellow and black rims from the stock size section.

Tyres Sports Soft. Should work on Sports Hard if LSD is reduced by 2-3 on initial and acceleration.

FC Suspension

F/R
90/90
6.50/8.30
5/5
4/4
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.08

Brakes (Standard)
6/4

FC Trans
Set final gear to 4200
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.255
2nd 2.534
3rd 2.014
4th 1.675
5th 1.425
6th 1.249
Set Final Gear to 2.750

FC Mech LSD
8/12/5 on SS tryes. for SH. try 6/10/5

Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Power Parts
Power Limiter. Change if needed once car is run in.
Sports Exhaust
Everything else standard

Body
Weight Reduction stage 3
Ballast 65kg@position 50.

Tested on 500pp clubman cup rome circuit. Won easily by 3seconds without trying. Very good 450pp car.

View attachment 112182
This tune is awesome on CS tyres around Brands Hatch. A few changes to make though.

Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Brakes - Set to 5/4
CS Tyres
Set power limiter to reach 450PP
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Set ballast at 60kgs instead of 65kgs

These minimal changes will get you gold very easily and put a smile on your face with its Beemer RWD handling characteristics.

This tune is awesome on CS tyres around Brands Hatch. A few changes to make though.

Triple Plate Clutch
Racing Brakes - Set to 5/4
CS Tyres
Set power limiter to reach 450PP
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Set ballast at 60kgs instead of 65kgs

These minimal changes will get you gold very easily and put a smile on your face with its Beemer RWD handling characteristics.
Thanks for another great tune to try! :bowdown:
I can't wait to give this a go. I used your 96 Elise tune last night and I have to say it's perfect around Brands Hatch at 400 PP on CS tires. :)👍

Thanks for another great tune to try! :bowdown:
I can't wait to give this a go. I used your 96 Elise tune last night and I have to say it's perfect around Brands Hatch at 400 PP on CS tires. :)👍
If you think thats good, try the Lotus Elise 111S '03 (SH Tyre tune) with CS tyres on. 1.45 laps easily and you lead the race half way into lap 2. Lotuses are awesome cars to drive.

Mad man.. Definitely mad man. ;)

That is a cool trophy to get. Well done. Glad you enjoyed the car too. This is a very useful tune for lots of events. :)

Nope. You got the quote right. I will add this car to the list ASAP. This car is terrible compared to other GT300 cars available but this tune made it drivable so that has to count for something. The engine in the Lexus is not optimised and feels slow compared to say a Toyota or Nissan. Odd drive by PD in my opinion.

Are any of these tunes from my garage or are these your own creations?

Or just keeping a car on the track is virtually impossible.. Green hell.. :crazy:

I agree, I love this tune. Makes this car really fast and really easy to over take other cars without trying. I have used this tune many times for A spec career races with GT300 events. Always a winner.
The ferrari and honda is yours and the cusco is stock

New PS4 game for people with PS Plus membership. Hardware Rivals (or something like that). Free game to download and play. It is quite a fun little game that you might enjoy. I played the Beta version of it when then were testing the servers and it was good fun. I would recommend it as a good free download for anyone who likes driving games with a bit of destruction added into the mix.

New PS4 game for people with PS Plus membership. Hardware Rivals (or something like that). Free game to download and play. It is quite a fun little game that you might enjoy. I played the Beta version of it when then were testing the servers and it was good fun. I would recommend it as a good free download for anyone who likes driving games with a bit of destruction added into the mix.
what can be wrong with driving and destruction in the same game? :lol:

I use Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 for the Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge: I only change the final gear to 3.450 for a nice win :cheers:.

I see you used the Laguna Seca tune instead of the general tune. Great work filling in the final piece of the jigsaw. I now have at least one car in each event. :)

Thank you @hall90 & @shaunm80...👍

I finally got gold on this event by the slimmest of margins (0.011 seconds) and I am sure with the slowest winning time of 7:08.xxx. :embarrassed: I love driving this car and the tune is wonderful but this track wears me down... :banghead:

I reduced the rear DF to 550 and changed final gear to 3400 as my only changes...

Thank you @hall90 & @shaunm80...👍

I finally got gold on this event by the slimmest of margins (0.011 seconds) and I am sure with the slowest winning time of 7:08.xxx. :embarrassed: I love driving this car and the tune is wonderful but this track wears me down... :banghead:

I reduced the rear DF to 550 and changed final gear to 3400 as my only changes...

I really love this car too, and you got to take your hat off to Shaun because he really knows how to tune a car, especially the one where using.

For the Beginners' Level GT300 Racing Car Challenge (530PP RH) I use your Nissan C-WEST RAZO Silvia '01 and Reduce the Power Limiter to 530PP for an easy win :cheers:.

For the Intermediate Level European Hot Hatch Challenge (450PP CS) I use your Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06 for a good win with a bit of understeer in the corners but other than that very nice car 👍.

For the Beginners' Level GT300 Racing Car Challenge (530PP RH) I use your Nissan C-WEST RAZO Silvia '01 and Reduce the Power Limiter to 530PP for an easy win :cheers:.

For the Intermediate Level European Hot Hatch Challenge (450PP CS) I use your Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06 for a good win with a bit of understeer in the corners but other than that very nice car 👍.

Both of these cars have been added to the list. Not surprised the Alfa had understeer, it is one of those cars which needs a retune to work seamlessly on CS tyres. :)
What is happing in Driverclub. in the tour One Man One Engine I did a laptime at 2:28.163 and it says the laptime shall be 2:31 or less to get the star but I didn´t get it arrrrgh

PS . Have got it now weeeeee
Well done Soren, Great work levelling up so much on DC, You are a higher level than me now. Keep going with the great work.
When I get better practise with my DS4 you better watch out :lol:.
Definitely keep practicing and gaining those stars and accolades. It is a great game when you get into the races and events with the faster, more powerful cars.

Both of these cars have been added to the list. Not surprised the Alfa had understeer, it is one of those cars which needs a retune to work seamlessly on CS tyres. :)

Well done Soren, Great work levelling up so much on DC, You are a higher level than me now. Keep going with the great work.

Definitely keep practicing and gaining those stars and accolades. It is a great game when you get into the races and events with the faster, more powerful cars.
I have to get use to that the cars react total different than I´m use to - I miss that we can adjust the sentivi on the Pad

Back