Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Ahh... Seasoals...

Well. 2 of the events i know i have solid cars to use. The GT300 event however is where i'm gonna have to look for a tune. The GT300 tunes i do have are either setup for drifting or the rain seasonal that was held on Brands Hatch.

While being on the subject of tunes.

I tinkered with a new car yesterday. It's a German car and it does go sideways like no ones business.

A bit of a benchmark for you to put it in perspective.
For those of you who can see my shared tracks, have a go at the big one at Death Valley. The car i tinkered with yesterday was able to hit 158,782 points on that track.

Care to guess what kind of car it is?
If you let me know which GT300 you choose, I can help with a set of gear ratios that'll definitely do the job for you. You just have to adjust the final drive ratio dependent on your wing levels & any power adders you want.
A chance to get the fantastically fun FITT Mini out once again. Had to make a few changes to it though.
Add CS Tyres,
Remove Intake Tuning and Sports Computer.

Do those things and this thing is a easy win on a track that it was designed on. :)
I'll never forget your FITT Mini. It's obviously survived the various game updates over time.

If you let me know which GT300 you choose, I can help with a set of gear ratios that'll definitely do the job for you. You just have to adjust the final drive ratio dependent on your wing levels & any power adders you want.

I'll never forget your FITT Mini. It's obviously survived the various game updates over time.
It isn't quite as smooth on CS tyres as it was on SH tyres and it does have slight understeer but it still does the job without a fuss. :)

A chance to get the fantastically fun FITT Mini out once again. Had to make a few changes to it though.
Add CS Tyres,
Remove Intake Tuning and Sports Computer.

Do those things and this thing is a easy win on a track that it was designed on. :)
I can remember when we have started online races we always did a race with your FITT Mini at Brands Hatch :)

@shaunm80 , this Car, the Toyota Wedsport Celica '03 (548PP RH) P416 +12465 is very good for the Beginner GT300 Event . In your Garage you have the Toyota 86 Gazoo Racing at the GT300 Tunes but it's not classified . The Wedsport Celica '03 is a GT300 Car :)
Thanks Chris, I have added this car to the list. I would have thought the Gazoo would be a perfect GT300 car as it is the right size and has a small engine. PD are being odd again. :)

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike the Green Hell in GT6?
:banghead:

You just did. :D

Lord just struck again...

Blue ringed octopus on a custom made track I just found.

176.574 points

DSC_0374.JPG

I can reveal that the German car I've been working on is starting to feel really good when throwing it sideways through the corners.

The car in question is the Mercedes Benz C63 AMG.

It's close to rivaling the Blue Ringed Octopus with 162k on the same track.

A proper mad man's car. Strap on your finest 3piece suit and tear the tires and tarmac to shreds.

Once I finalize the tune it gets posted here

I can reveal that the German car I've been working on is starting to feel really good when throwing it sideways through the corners.

A proper mad man's car. Strap on your finest 3piece suit and tear the tires and tarmac to shreds.

So you have decided to go only sideways :)

Proper mad man?
bondbaddies620372.jpg

Or
Funny man?
3998596-dr-evil.jpg

Intermediate Level European Hot Hatch Challenge (450PP CS)
Mini Cooper S '11 (470PP SH - FITT Hot Hatch Challenge Tune) - See my post further down page for changes.

This was a blast to drive! Thank you so much!! 👍

I was fooling around on the first try and made some stupid mistakes but came very close to winning. I liked the way the rabbit
fought me off to win in 0.1 seconds. I decided to try and get the 0.01 seconds trophy (win a race by a margin of 0.01 seconds or less)...it took another 5 tries, (including losing one race by 0.004!), but I finally got the last trophy and the Platinum Trophy!!

:cheers:

No, it's just that drifting is more to my liking as of late. I still throw down fast laps when doing regular racing. Just not as much as I used to.

Oh I think it's obvious which one I'm going for here. :D
Indeed, Funny mad man :lol: 👍

Grr the green hell defeated me today. I have a good tune, but to be fast enough to win it has to be unstable, touch a curb and you're toast. I make it stable enough to take some hits and the curbs and I loose so much speed I can't catch the rabbit.
I mean the stable set up give you so much confence you're not afriad to floor it through most turns, it trails breaks brilliantly, it just caps out at 280 and struggles to get above 260, unless you catch a draft then it sails to 315 like it's nothing.

A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 14/1/16)

View attachment 501319

Good news! No, not the Dacia Sandero.. PD have given us new events (of which I have lots of tunes for...) so go hunting, find the tunes that exist in my garage and most importantly, let me know which tunes you find are good enough for 1st place. If possible, can you quote the original tune post to make it easier for me to copy and paste the information into the list below. :)

I am looking forward to seeing what you find in my garage. :)

Beginners' Level GT300 Racing Car Challenge (530PP RH)
Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 (539PP RH) (Use power limiter to reach 530PP)
Toyota Wedsport Celica '03 (548PP RH) (Use power limiter to reach 530PP)

Intermediate Level European Hot Hatch Challenge (450PP CS)
Mini Cooper S '11 (470PP SH - FITT Hot Hatch Challenge Tune) - See my post further down page for changes.

Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge (600PP RH)
Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08
(Tuned at GT500 level)

600PP
620 BHP
1200kgs
Weight Distribution 51:49

Racing Hard Tyres
Change Oil

FC Suspension

F/R
45/45
22.00/20.00
6/6
7/7
3/5
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000 (If 1st gear does not match, try 5.500)
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.853
2nd 2.244
3rd 1.767
4th 1.450
5th 1.235
6th 1.094
Set final gear 2.700

FC LSD
8/10/16

Set power limiter to 93.2%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
350/600
Ballast - Set 50kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

Handles really well in Free run mode, Tried and tested on GT500 races. Can win against the actual GT500 models.

View attachment 121557
Hi Shaun, I apologize if I have messed up the quote, but your IS 350 tune above is quite fun and a guaranteed gold in the beginners level challenge. Even when detuned to 505 PP.:cheers:

Indeed, Funny mad man :lol: 👍

Grr the green hell defeated me today. I have a good tune, but to be fast enough to win it has to be unstable, touch a curb and you're toast. I make it stable enough to take some hits and the curbs and I loose so much speed I can't catch the rabbit.
I mean the stable set up give you so much confence you're not afriad to floor it through most turns, it trails breaks brilliantly, it just caps out at 280 and struggles to get above 260, unless you catch a draft then it sails to 315 like it's nothing.

Then this will most certainly anger you further. I took on the Green hell in a GT-R Base model sitting at 573pp and won first try. Not by much but as Mr Toretto said: "Ask any racer,any real racer. It dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning."

I got kinda lucky in catching the slipstream of a bunch of the opponents which lead to greater speed for me at crucial points on the track.

Then this will most certainly anger you further. I took on the Green hell in a GT-R Base model sitting at 573pp and won first try. Not by much but as Mr Toretto said: "Ask any racer,any real racer. It dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning."

I got kinda lucky in catching the slipstream of a bunch of the opponents which lead to greater speed for me at crucial points on the track.
Knowing when to draft, overtake or bide your time on the Nordschleife are vital keys to a successful race.
When the DTM used to race there pre 1993, the smart drivers would wait until the Dottinger Hohe (the 3km long straight) on the last lap & time their run for the sprint to the flag. 3 or 4 wide was commonplace. You certainly didn't want to lead the pack onto that section of the track unless you magically had 100-150 metres up your sleeve.

Ahh... Seasoals...

Well. 2 of the events i know i have solid cars to use. The GT300 event however is where i'm gonna have to look for a tune. The GT300 tunes i do have are either setup for drifting or the rain seasonal that was held on Brands Hatch.

While being on the subject of tunes.

I tinkered with a new car yesterday. It's a German car and it does go sideways like no ones business.

A bit of a benchmark for you to put it in perspective.
For those of you who can see my shared tracks, have a go at the big one at Death Valley. The car i tinkered with yesterday was able to hit 158,782 points on that track.

Care to guess what kind of car it is?

what kind of is it ?? Audi ? ( I gots to know ) pls tell me

Back