Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
FITT RUF Challenge Reviews and Results

RUF Image 2.jpg

Reviews

Old School Class

Shaunm80
Best Lap Time - 1.34.298
DC - 8.6
Tune Comments - Not sure how to describe this tune. It can be fast but it can also be unstable at times. Throttle control is a must. Once again, I DQ’d on a 1.33 lap through driver error (late braking.. beware of this). I will leave the detailed reviews for the other testers but I will say this. This tune is a fun car that can drive you a little nutty at times and still get away with it.. (just..).

Bass_Addict
Best Lap Time - 1:32.783 (YB with body rigidity installed)
DC - 8.9
Tune Comments - I enjoyed this tune and car. This car was so stable and I could put down lap after lap with consistent times (for me). I felt so confident and in control of this car. It was a complete joy to drive and look for ways to improve my line, braking points and acceleration. I felt like I needed a bit more acceleration at several points around the track but I am not sure if I could handle the YB with more speed. I was a bit surprised that I wasn't faster with it as I never felt like I left time on the track with this car. Again, I think I was distracted by the car's beauty! 👍

Lionheart2113
CTR (Body Rigidity)
Lap Time - 1:29.958
DC Score - 8.9
Review:
High brake numbers, but again a car that needs more room to slow down. Was difficult at first, but after about the 3rd lap I stopped fighting the car, found my marks, and with a little more throttle control I was able to get around the track. There was an annoying inside rear tire grip loss on acceleration, but it seems to work as it ate up the last section.

TheInfamousJew6
Best Lap Time -1:29.633
DC -10.0
Tune Comments - So yeah after a few a few laps this tune and I just clicked. Once I figured out it liked to be thrown around, I had an absolute blast driving it! I was amazed by it's turn in, and as long I showed a little restraint in throttle usage, the back end stayed right where it's supposed to! The trans was perfect and th brakes gave me confidence to dive right into corners! BRAVO Shaun! Great Work!!

MrGrado
Best Lap Time - 1:31.910
DC - 9
Tune Comments - Very high grip overall, just a little loose in the rear which can be dangerous. Extreme care needs to be take when driving extremely fast. If it is possible to find more rear grip, this tune would be improved. Some tweaks on this tune I tried at first didn't help, but if your interested, see if you prefer the tune with rear springs at 9.50 and rear roll bar on 7.

Supersport Class

Shaunm80
Best Lap Time – 2.03.580
DC – 4th
Tune Impressions – Loose but grippy rear, good front-end rotation. Need to watch throttle application when exiting slow corners but easy to correct minor slides without losing too much time. Good brakes and a consistent level of grip. Driven sensibly, this tune is consistent each and every lap.

Biffa3
Best Lap Time -2:01:746
DC -3rd
Tune Comments -
Easy car to be consistent in. Throttle control needed on exit of the slower corners. Has good turn in and rotation with a hint of brake release oversteer. Good effort.

Lionheart2113
Lap Time - 2:01.807
DC Rank - 6th
Review:
A bit of a wild child but fun to drive. Initial turn in was very responsive with the lift off oversteer, but the rest of the turn was all or nothing for me. If you hit your marks and were smooth on picking up the throttle it was fine. If you didn't, it would push through the apex and mashing the gas on exit would only cause the rear to slide out. The transmission was ok, but it seemed like it was catching the automatic shifting dead zone on a lot of low speed corners. Are you trying a new tuning style?:odd:

Bass_Addict
Best Lap Time - 2:04.268 (Rigidity Improvement installed)
DC - 5
Tune Comments - This tune was a bit of a surprise to me...normally I take to Shaun's tunes straight away but I think the combination of this track being one of his favorite tracks and my least favorite track shows. I had a small disconnect from this car and I never really settled in to driving it. I lacked confidence in my ability to improve lap over lap but at times the car seemed to be encouraging me and I think I started to unlock the magic but in the end it eluded me. I need to develop more patience with this track as well as in general...whenever the light bulb goes off, this will make for a great tune! 👍

Open Track Day Class

Shaunm80
Best Lap Time – 2.05.342
DC – 2nd
Tune Comments – Good rotation and grip. Inspires confidence. Brakes are good and consistent. Good transmission design which helps with traction and LSD settings that help minimise wheel spin. A consistent tune that tells the driver exactly what is going on, and is easy to save should you reach the limits of the car.

Joaosoarescso
Best Lap Time - 2:04.942
DC - 1st
Tune Comments - She's really stable, feels really well balanced, she haves the right amount of understeer to tell you to back off your on the limit and the right amount of oversteer to correct you from going wide. This car feels fast, i really like how she could handle those corners, and the brakes do a nice job. Its a very good tune, one of my favorite so far!!

Lionheart2113
Lap Time - 2:03.529
DC Rank - 4th
Review:
This is more like it Shaun. A nice solid tune, perfect for running consistent laps. One of the smoothest and easiest to drive at a steady pace. The problem lies when you try and push it, it decides to push too.... through most of the turn. I found myself either tapping the e-brake or hooking the inside front tire on the rumble strip in order to get a quicker rotation through the center of the corner as the RH and suspension allowed this with minimum fuss. Still fun and fast though.👍

Bass Addict
Best Lap Time - 2:05.239
DC - 6
Tune Comments - This is the type of tune I would expect from you...very stable with a little "edge" to it. I had fun driving this car as well as playing around a bit with my approach to this track. Once I felt super comfortable with the car, I tried to improve my lap time and no matter what I did, I could not do it. The car felt quick and I am a bit surprised that my time wasn't in the 2:04.xxx. 👍

Biffa3
Best Lap Time -2:03:979
DC -4
Tune Comments -
Nice, solid, consistent tune. Stable under braking with good turn in and totation. Some on throttle understeer which meant I couldn't get on the power as early as I would have liked.

Results

Old School Class

Lap time - 3rd Fastest
DC - 4th in class

Supersport Class
DC - 5th in class

Open Track Day Class
Lap time - 2nd Fastest
DC - 2nd in Class (Tied with @Bowtie-muscle)

Last edited:
So, Exeter GT Club on Drive Club has one place left for a new member. Ideally, I would like it to be someone who uses this garage and is active on DC fairly regularly. If you fit this description, do let me know so I can send you an FR and an invite to the club. Thank you :)

Edit: Person found now. Thanks!

Last edited:
A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 14/1/16)

The Crew™_20150424222838.jpg

Good news! No, not the Dacia Sandero.. PD have given us new events (of which I have lots of tunes for...) so go hunting, find the tunes that exist in my garage and most importantly, let me know which tunes you find are good enough for 1st place. If possible, can you quote the original tune post to make it easier for me to copy and paste the information into the list below. :)

I am looking forward to seeing what you find in my garage. :)

Beginners' Level GT300 Racing Car Challenge (530PP RH)
Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08 (600PP RH) (Detune power parts to reach 530PP)
Nissan C-WEST RAZO Silvia '01 (550PP RH) - Use PP limiter to reach 530PP
Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 (539PP RH) (Use power limiter to reach 530PP)
Toyota Wedsport Celica '03 (548PP RH) (Use power limiter to reach 530PP)

Intermediate Level European Hot Hatch Challenge (450PP CS)
Abarth 500 '09 (400PP SH) - Add CS Tyres
Abarth Grande Punto '09 (400PP CS)
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA '02
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 Twin Spark '06 (438PP SH) - Add CS Tyres
Alfa Romeo Brera Sky Window 3.2 JTS Q4 '06 (450pp SH) - Add CS tyres
Audi S3 '02 (450PP SH) - Sleeper car alert!!
Audi TT Coupe 1.8T Quattro '00
BMW 120d '04
BMW 330i '05 (450PP CS) - See post on page 436 for changes.
BMW Z4 '03
Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (450PP SH/SS) - Add cs tyres
Lotus Elise 111S '03 (450PP SH) - A not so surprising one in the scheme of things
Lotus Elise '96 (400PP CS) - Drive as is. 400PP is enough.
Mini Cooper S '11 (470PP SH - FITT Hot Hatch Challenge Tune) - See my post further down page for changes.
Opel Speedster ‘00 (400PP CS)
Opel Speedster Turbo ‘00 (450PP SH) - Add CS Tyres
Peugeot 307CC Premium AVN '04 (450PP SH) - Add CS Tyres
Seat Ibiza Cupra '04 (450PP SH) - Add CS Tyres
Volkswagen Golf VI R '10

Expert Level GT500 Racing Car Challenge (600PP RH)
Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 (600PP RH) - Laguna Seca Tune

Last edited:
Ahh... Seasoals...

Well. 2 of the events i know i have solid cars to use. The GT300 event however is where i'm gonna have to look for a tune. The GT300 tunes i do have are either setup for drifting or the rain seasonal that was held on Brands Hatch.

While being on the subject of tunes.

I tinkered with a new car yesterday. It's a German car and it does go sideways like no ones business.

A bit of a benchmark for you to put it in perspective.
For those of you who can see my shared tracks, have a go at the big one at Death Valley. The car i tinkered with yesterday was able to hit 158,782 points on that track.

Care to guess what kind of car it is?

Fitt Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge
Hot Hatch Series

Tuned on the guidelines here

Mini Cooper S '11

470PP
274 BHP
1030kgs
Weight Distribution 55:45

Inch Up: 1 Wheels
Sports Hard Tyres

NO OIL Change

FC Suspension

F/R
115/115
5.50/4.50
4/5
4/6
3/5
0.0/0.0
-0.02/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.691
2nd 2.101
3rd 1.677
4th 1.392
5th 1.187
6th 1.032
Set final gear to 3.700

FC LSD
14/18/10
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 95.3%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Ballast - 61kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only. (tested with ABS 1 only and it works fine)

I don't think this will be the fastest car in class but it feels planted and is easy to drive around Brands Hatch.

View attachment 140149
A chance to get the fantastically fun FITT Mini out once again. Had to make a few changes to it though.
Add CS Tyres,
Remove Intake Tuning and Sports Computer.

Do those things and this thing is a easy win on a track that it was designed on. :)

Ahh... Seasoals...

Well. 2 of the events i know i have solid cars to use. The GT300 event however is where i'm gonna have to look for a tune. The GT300 tunes i do have are either setup for drifting or the rain seasonal that was held on Brands Hatch.

While being on the subject of tunes.

I tinkered with a new car yesterday. It's a German car and it does go sideways like no ones business.

A bit of a benchmark for you to put it in perspective.
For those of you who can see my shared tracks, have a go at the big one at Death Valley. The car i tinkered with yesterday was able to hit 158,782 points on that track.

Care to guess what kind of car it is?
VGT Beemer?

Back