Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Thank you all for the car finds so far. I have added them all the to the list. Has anyone tried a TVR for the expert race yet? That might be a rocket killer and would probably sound great too.
The TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 won the race easily beating the Rocket in the Expert race, I put the power limiter down so it can get to 520PP, but the Tuscan has problems with bad understeer using a wheel at this track, what I did to your tune is have no Camber and no Toe and it did improve the understeer a bit but it is not to bad, I also change the final gear to 3.290 to suit the track. I will try to improve the understeer more tomorrow on this car, other than the understeer this a fun car to drive :cheers:.

Yeeeees YEESSS weeeee

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 48
The TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 won the race easily beating the Rocket in the Expert race, I put the power limiter down so it can get to 520PP, but the Tuscan has problems with bad understeer using a wheel at this track, what I did to your tune is have no Camber and no Toe and it did improve the understeer a bit but it is not to bad, I also change the final gear to 3.290 to suit the track. I will try to improve the understeer more tomorrow on this car, other than the understeer this a fun car to drive :cheers:.
I am not surprised that the tune had understeer on this track. It was a one track tune, or at least it was supposed to be. FITT tunes are quite specific but I am happy to hear that it got a win on the new seasonal event. Once you have the understeer ironed out, let me (us) know what you did to the tune. Thanks :)

CoTM Reviews from @hall90

1:31.685 @shaunm80 Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07 550P at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Sports Soft Tyres track set/ Real, overall this is a fun car to drive and it handles the corners so well and there is not much not else to say bout this car :cheers:.

1:29.812 @shaunm80 Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P. '07 550P at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Racing Hard Tyres track set/ Real, overall very good car sir but I like this car on Sports Soft tyres :cheers:.

1:28.318 @shaunm80 BMW Z8 '01 550PP at the Trial Mountain Circuit on Sports Soft Tyres track set/ Real, this car handles so well with me and I have no other issues with this car sir :cheers:, and also I tried your other BMW Z8 '01 550PP on Racing Hard Tyres I got 1:27.390 it handles not so well on these tyres for me and you can lose control in some corners on these tyres which I think is a setup issue.

Hi All
I have been having so much fun with these tunes, how ever a pad is not a wheel so due to this I got me a g29 to play with ....... shaunm80 you gonna cost me a small fortune with these awesome tunes lol. Now to practice and will start to post some times and review some tunes

Hi All
I have been having so much fun with these tunes, how ever a pad is not a wheel so due to this I got me a g29 to play with ....... shaunm80 you gonna cost me a small fortune with these awesome tunes lol. Now to practice and will start to post some times and review some tunes
I am using a G29 and Shaun's tune are for a DS3 user but they work with me :).

@shaunm80 I will let you know if I get the understeer ironed out 👍.

Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10 (Dirt Setup)

500 PP
357 BHP
1300kgs
Weight Distribution 56:44

Dirt Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type A

FC Suspension

F/R
120/125
5.60/6.25
3/4
6/8
3/3
0.0/1.8
-0.05/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to default once power parts have been installed)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.137
2nd 2.421
3rd 1.970
4th 1.642
5th 1.386
6th 1.203
Set final gear to 3.900
(Final gear can be changed if you want more speed through the corners)

FC LSD
F/R
10/14
22/35
5/5
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft
Torq Dist Centre Diff

F/R
45:55

Set power limiter to 94.4%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 69kgs to Position 50

An easy gold with this tune. I achieved a 1.49 with this setup and I am not that great on dirt. It should be faster in a better drivers hands :)

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 315231
View attachment 315230

Nice tune. Very stable. Able to push hard and still be stable.
Did the Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (500PP Dirt Tyres) with it and got Gold after the 2nd to 3rd try. Cheers.

Ford RS200 '84 (Dirt/Rally Setup)

Presenting the Shotaliema RS200.

This one has been in the works a while. Now it's done. It's a all around rally tune that is also very good on the tarmac. Have fun with it, push it hard. The transmission is a low torque design to reduce wheel spin on the dirt.

500PP
364 BHP
1100kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Dirt Tyres

Inch Up: 1 Wheels
NO Oil Change

Paint: F2008 Rosso/Rosso Scuderia

FC Suspension

F/R
160/160
9.00/9.25
9/2
4/9
4/2
0.3/0.5
-0.08/0.25

Racing Brakes
4/7

FC Transmission
(Reset to default once all power parts installed)
Set final gear to 3.100
Set max speed to 261mph/420kph
1st 3.170
2nd 1.990
3rd 1.390
4th 1.130
5th 0.900
Set final gear to 4.350
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
F/R
8/10
15/20
11/11
Triple Plate Clutch
Torq Dist Centre Diff

45:55

Set power limiter to 94.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)

Ballast - Set 8kgs to Position -50

This is the third Shotaliema tune, A co-operative tuning venture involving myself and @Otaliema from Bronze Dragon Tuning. We hope you enjoy these tunes and will continue to find interesting cars to put our twist on.

View attachment 436701
View attachment 436703
View attachment 436702

Pretty zippy tune. Nice.

I give up on trying to get the understeer out of the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00, its a shame but I have another car for the Expert race. I am now using a McLaren MP4-12C '10 and I am using your Suspension, LSD and Brakes only from your 550PP McLaren MP4-12C '10 tune, your suspension suits this track. 👍

Last edited:
Nice tune. Very stable. Able to push hard and still be stable.
Did the Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (500PP Dirt Tyres) with it and got Gold after the 2nd to 3rd try. Cheers.
Thanks. I am glad that I spent time tuning dirt setups now. They appear to be getting a good outing by people. :)
Pretty zippy tune. Nice.
Thanks, This was a Joint setup with @Otaliema. It is nicely balanced for dirt tracks.
I give up on trying to get the understeer out of the TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00, its a shame but I have another car for the Expert race. I am now using a McLaren MP4-12C '10 and I am using your Suspension, LSD and Brakes only from your 500PP McLaren MP4-12C '10 tune, your suspension suits this track. 👍
The iPod has been added to the list. No worries about the tuscan. At least I know it can win even with understeer in it. Thanks again. :)

2013 Jeff Gordon 24 Chevrolet SS (Nascar Road Tune)

627PP
892 BHP
1565 kgs
Weight Dist 54:46

Racing Hard Tyres
Rigidity Improvement
Change Oil when new
. when mileage = 200 miles. Change oil again.

FC Sus
F/R
90/90
20.00/15.00
6/8
8/6
1/4
0.0/0.0
-0.10/0.12

Racing Brake Kit
2/2

FC Trans
Set final gear to 4.600
set max speed to 180mph
1st 2.516
2nd 1.784
3rd 1.419
4th 1.186
Set final gear to 3200 (for willow Springs)
Set final gear to between 2830 and 2950 for (high speed ring)

(Gears adapted from the Motego Tune in the GT6 Directory. Mucho Gracias)

FC LSD
8/10/12

Downforce
500/700

This car was set up to win on the Nascar races. It makes the road races very easy but just watch the rear end doesn't step out when accelerating from sharp corners. Nice and easy is the key to this car.

if the transmission doesn't work for you. Try setting the max speed to 149mph when building the transmission and it has been shown to resolve the issues others have faced.

I used the daytona tune from the GT6 directory to win the other races in this series which is very good too.

View attachment 149162

Nice tune Shaun. You've done it again.
Car performed well with both tunes for Willow and High Speed Ring for Gold. *Tips hat* :bowdown:

Hey Shaun...:)

Three for three on the current seasonals with your Gold tunes...👍

2013 Jeff Gordon Chevy
2013 Land Rover Range Rover
2011 Elise

The NASCAR event took me the longest to Gold due to the aggressive AI. I LOVED the Range Rover and that event was just plain fun...very curious selection of AI cars though. I am loving the Elise now that I did all the Elise reviews in the COTM thread...I could race this event all day!

Great Job and thanks for all the work you invest in tuning cars...:bowdown:

:cheers:

Mazda Furai ‘08

650PP
567 BHP
700kgs
Weight Distribution 46:54

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension
F/R
50/55
8.50/13.25
5/4
4/4
2/5
0.0/1.5
-0.04/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.906
2nd 3.040
3rd 2.400
4th 1.964
5th 1.664
6th 1.453
Set final gear to 3.060

FC LSD
10/12/18

Set power limiter to 98.7%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
F/R
350/550
Ballast – Set 25kgs to Position -50

View attachment 224742
View attachment 224743

Wow double-Wow!!! What an excellent tune Shaun. Just ran it in the Super category of Career Mode in the 650PP Apricot Hill 20-Minute Challenge and this was just perfect for it. The car ran like a beast even lapping numerous cars in the process for Gold. This one's a keeper bro. Hat's off again. :bowdown:

Nice tune Shaun. You've done it again.
Car performed well with both tunes for Willow and High Speed Ring for Gold. *Tips hat* :bowdown:
Thanks. This is my go to NASCAR tune when any seasonal events comes up. It hasn't failed to get me gold yet. Pretty good considering it is one of the earliest tunes I have in my garage now.
Hi Shaun, just won the expert race using a standard McLaren F1, but with your suspension and brake settings. Even beat Mr. Papp! Power setting is on 50.1%
This tune I shall add to the list. This would be the '94 car right? Nice work indeed. 50% power limiter sounds a lot but a win is a win. :)
Hey Shaun...:)

Three for three on the current seasonals with your Gold tunes...👍

2013 Jeff Gordon Chevy
2013 Land Rover Range Rover
2011 Elise

The NASCAR event took me the longest to Gold due to the aggressive AI. I LOVED the Range Rover and that event was just plain fun...very curious selection of AI cars though. I am loving the Elise now that I did all the Elise reviews in the COTM thread...I could race this event all day!

Great Job and thanks for all the work you invest in tuning cars...:bowdown:

:cheers:
No worries. Three great choices right there. Actually, the NASCAR isn't a choice as I have no alternative but great work none the less. Glad the tunes are working well with you.
Wow double-Wow!!! What an excellent tune Shaun. Just ran it in the Super category of Career Mode in the 650PP Apricot Hill 20-Minute Challenge and this was just perfect for it. The car ran like a beast even lapping numerous cars in the process for Gold. This one's a keeper bro. Hat's off again. :bowdown:
This car was tuned because a friend of mine mentioned how good it was. I was pleased with the outcome of this tune so I am happy that it is working as well as always still.

Expert Level British Lightweight (520PP SH)
Light Car Company Rocket '07 (550PP SH) - Reduce PP to meet regs

Hi @shaunm80 , just tried the very Rocket with your tune. Very nice tune. One problem though.
In the Transmission settings, all adjustments were made according to instructions but somehow I couldn't get the 5th gear to reach 1.359 as indicated. The most it could have reached was 1.289.
(As a precaution I had reset Transmission just in case before adjusting Transmission, then began with Final Gear, Max Speed, Individual gears, then Final Gear...all accordingly).

I had changed oil before as per instructions then proceeded with the various settings. Everything else adjusted otherwise but for the 5th gear where the limit I could have adjusted to was 1.289.

The most I could make so far is 2nd place and I feel perhaps that last 5th Gear limitation may be keeping me back from the win. Any thoughts on how I can resolve that 5th Gear issue? Or is it perhaps the 1.359 was an error?

Hi @shaunm80 , just tried the very Rocket with your tune. Very nice tune. One problem though.
In the Transmission settings, all adjustments were made according to instructions but somehow I couldn't get the 5th gear to reach 1.359 as indicated. The most it could have reached was 1.289.
(As a precaution I had reset Transmission just in case before adjusting Transmission, then began with Final Gear, Max Speed, Individual gears, then Final Gear...all accordingly).

I had changed oil before as per instructions then proceeded with the various settings. Everything else adjusted otherwise but for the 5th gear where the limit I could have adjusted to was 1.289.

The most I could make so far is 2nd place and I feel perhaps that last 5th Gear limitation may be keeping me back from the win. Any thoughts on how I can resolve that 5th Gear issue? Or is it perhaps the 1.359 was an error?
Retune the transmission using my transmission guide. it will work with most tracks and should solve any problems you have with my transmission settings. Link to this guide is on the first page of this thread.

Retune the transmission using my transmission guide. it will work with most tracks and should solve any problems you have with my transmission settings. Link to this guide is on the first page of this thread.

Ok. Going to check it out. Will report back. Thanks.

UPDATE: Went to the 1st page as directed. All it says basically is:

Transmission setup guidelines for Exeter GT Tunes

When I create a transmission, unless the car is setup for a specific seasonal, the final gear (once the gears have been set) can be adjusted to suit any track you drive the car at. If the gears seem overly long, it may be due to the track that I initially tested at or high speed runs I was undertaking.

The only gears which need to be kept the same are those that are tuned for a single special (or seasonal) event or FITT entries as they are bespoke gear settings to get the maximum amount of speed out of the tune I have created.

Couldn't see how to or understand how to otherwise get that 5th gear to reach the target value.
Tried resetting the Transmission settings again but the issue remains the same for that 5th Gear limit.

Last edited:
@davidt33 it is very possible that @shaunm80 typoed 5th gear a gear of 1.259 would be more inline with the standard spread of a 5 gear custom transmission in GT6.
Shaunm normally sets the last gear full right and 1st gear full left than evens out the gears in the middle for a nice smooth curve. Unlike myself that makes wonky transmissions. So just run with what the game is giving you if the spread is a nice smooth curve

Back