Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
I got my platinum on Tuesday night! Stupid @#%*ing Bugatti at stupid @#!$ing Ascari. At least when I finally DID manage that one, my lap was a second and a quarter clear.

I still have to finish my Ayrton Senna golds for 100% achievements, though. And finish the Red Bull X20 championships, the Super Mission Races, the GT300 IA Mission Race, and some random boring coffee breaks to get my in-game 100% completion.

I found the new seasonals kind of funny in that they cut us some slack and give us a chance to use our soft tires (on relatively low PP levels), only to turn around and ask us to use sports hard on a 600pp car for the Expert! I literally only have one car in my whole garage that's 600 on SH.

Edit:

Awwww @shaunm80 you did a tune for the 2009 R8 LMS? I just deleted mine a couple days ago! :(

A2 as well! I love that little thing. It's all ugly-cute. Like a pug, in the form of a ridiculous German compact. I was using @feydrautha 's set-up for it, which is HILARIOUSLY stable and nimble for a tiny little car filled up with more power than God or man ever intended.
I always tune up the free cars that PD give us, saves me buying them and makes the cost of tuning them less painful to me. Not that i am poor anymore. I am close to 50mil in credits pretty much permanently these days. The A2 is a strange little car, fun to drive but not very exciting in all honesty. I am looking forward to some 350PP CS-CM seasonal events so I can use my little collection of them that are gathering dust in the back of my garage these days.

Well done on working your way through the game, No doubt you will have the 100% completion before you know it. I have two or three cars in my garage that can win very easily at 600PP SH. I think the X-Box at 580PP should be good enough as that is more stable than the Titanic.. wait.. that's not right... Anyway. It is stable and very quick to drive. :)

I always tune up the free cars that PD give us, saves me buying them and makes the cost of tuning them less painful to me. Not that i am poor anymore. I am close to 50mil in credits pretty much permanently these days. The A2 is a strange little car, fun to drive but not very exciting in all honesty. I am looking forward to some 350PP CS-CM seasonal events so I can use my little collection of them that are gathering dust in the back of my garage these days.

Well done on working your way through the game, No doubt you will have the 100% completion before you know it. I have two or three cars in my garage that can win very easily at 600PP SH. I think the X-Box at 580PP should be good enough as that is more stable than the Titanic.. wait.. that's not right... Anyway. It is stable and very quick to drive. :)

To be honest, I try to save things like X-Bow and Tommykairas as last resorts. Same as with GSX-R. It just seems like the game would get a bit monotonous if I were always using them, you know?

I'm about to try your Lexus LFA '10 at 580/SH and see how that goes.

And yes, I would LOOOOVE to see some seasonals down at 400 or lower. A lot of my absolute favourite cars and tunes are down in that range. 2CV, 2001 FIT W, MX-5s, Ford Ka, Fiat 500 (60s version), my own little Mazda Carol 360 tune, etc etc. I'm a huge fan of little cute cars and unlikely racers - one of the reasons I'm sad I didn't get a chance to talk to @TurnLeft is he seemed to share my enthusiasm for them - so I relish every possible chance to use them.

And yes, I would LOOOOVE to see some seasonals down at 400 or lower. A lot of my absolute favourite cars and tunes are down in that range. 2CV, 2001 FIT W, MX-5s, Ford Ka, Fiat 500 (60s version), my own little Mazda Carol 360 tune, etc etc.

I completely agree. We had a quick match last year that was 350pp at Autumn Ring, and a 400pp seasonal at Cape Ring. Now those were fun.

No luck with the Lexus, sadly. It was pretty stable, except where the jerko AIs wrecked me, but just didn't have the speed, and had to slow down too much on entry into the hairpins. Even boosting it up to 600 probably wouldn't be enough to get it into Gold, except maybe in the hands of a truly expert pilot like @fordlaser777 or @Soren Jacquet .

This is much tougher than last month's Expert! And Suzuka is one of my favourite tracks- I'm pretty dang familiar with it and what lines to take. Though I suppose that might be part of the problem: I'm accustomed to driving it in touring cars, JGTC and GT3, where you don't need to brake in the early swoopy section, and can take the following almost-right-angle turns very sharp. Not so in a street car forced to run on tires incapable of properly handling it's power.

P.S. Though the 550SS version of the Lexus LFA works quite well for the Intermediate! Easy gold there.

Next up, trying the Le Mans Quattro, swapping in SH. If this doesn't do it, I think I'll try one more, then give up and just do the Tommykaira. :P

EDIT: Yep! The Le Mans Quattro works! It sure as hell wasn't an EASY Gold, but it was a Gold. DN-X? not worth the effort. Fluoerescent Hot Pink paint chip? HELL YES THANK YOU POLYPHONY.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: Yep! The Le Mans Quattro works! It sure as hell wasn't an EASY Gold, but it was a Gold. DN-X? not worth the effort. Fluoerescent Hot Pink paint chip? HELL YES THANK YOU POLYPHONY.
I see you've found the edit button. Please use it instead of double posting.

I see you've found the edit button. Please use it instead of double posting.

Which is what I am generally inclined to do when I'm simply adding additional points to a post after the fact. If I'm making another post ten minutes later, however? I don't really think that qualifies as double-posting just because no one else has posted anything in the meantime. But you're the boss.

If I'm making another post ten minutes later, however? I don't really think that qualifies as double-posting just because no one else has posted anything in the meantime. But you're the boss.
10 minutes is not nearly enough. Try a few hours at least.

The AI really is infuriating in this race. Like controller-throwing bad. I just had someone speed up into me FROM BEHIND at the last chicane, knocked me off into the tires, AND the game deigned to give ME a 5 second penalty for it. My teeth are going to end up ground down to little stubs.

How bout 30 minutes?
Try a few hours at least.

But you might find people bristle a bit less at your requests if you do without the condescension like "I see you've found the edit button".
It's not a request. Rather than spend my time thinking about a nice way of saying things, I just like to get the point across.

This is also not for this thread.

You are getting the top of the range version then? I have to be honest, I will be happy with the mid range of GT Sport as I can save money towards GT7 Proper when that gets released. I am still unsure as to what tuning options PD will give us so I don't wanna go nuts on a game that isn't complete.
Yes I will get the top of the range version :).

To @TripleE63 @chrisspeed281 I was 52 last month, perhaps we should join the over 50s club here :lol:.

Hey @shaunm80 … Given that it's just a couple months until GT Sport comes out, and everyone abandons GT6 for greener, higher-poly pastures, would it be alright if I made some tuning requests? Like three cars I'd particularly enjoy one of your tunes for? You, of course, being under absolutely no obligation to actually do them.

Hey @shaunm80 … Given that it's just a couple months until GT Sport comes out, and everyone abandons GT6 for greener, higher-poly pastures, would it be alright if I made some tuning requests? Like three cars I'd particularly enjoy one of your tunes for? You, of course, being under absolutely no obligation to actually do them.
Sure, you can ask and I will see what I can do. I am currently working through a list of 15 cars that have been sat in my garage for a couple of months now. It can be added to that list.

Nissan YellowHat YMS TOMICA GT-R '08

600PP
557 BHP
1100kgs
Weight Dist 50:50

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Standard Rims

FC Suspension
F/R
58/60
17.50/19.00
6/6
5/6
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.12/0.17

Racing Brakes
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 155mph
1st 3.000
2nd 2.100
3rd 1.600
4th 1.270
5th 1.055
6th 0.921
Set final gear to 3.725

FC LSD
10/14/18

Power limiter set to 100.0%
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
F/R
400/600

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

A easy to drive, quick and semi-pilot race car for you GT500 lovers out there.

View attachment 579545
View attachment 579543
View attachment 579544
Hi Shaun , i have tried this tune at the Fuji Race Track . It's very stable and easy to drive , thanks for this tune , i like it :)

Sure, you can ask and I will see what I can do. I am currently working through a list of 15 cars that have been sat in my garage for a couple of months now. It can be added to that list.

Thanks!

I was thinking maybe...

Toyota Celica XX 2800GT - 400 or 450 pp on SH (this is such a cool-looking car)
Subaru 360 - 400pp on CS or SH (I've tried hard on it but just can't iron out the kinks)
Alpine VGT (street car, not racing) - 550? SS?

And if you have the time, maybe Volvo S60 Sport and Citroen C5? Fingers crossed that maybe some of these are already on your list anyway.

Thanks!

I was thinking maybe...

Toyota Celica XX 2800GT - 400 or 450 pp on SH (this is such a cool-looking car)
Subaru 360 - 400pp on CS or SH (I've tried hard on it but just can't iron out the kinks)
Alpine VGT (street car, not racing) - 550? SS?

And if you have the time, maybe Volvo S60 Sport and Citroen C5? Fingers crossed that maybe some of these are already on your list anyway.
I will add them to the list and see what I can do with regards to tuning them. Are you sure the Alpine VGT (street) is tuneable? I usually tune up all the free VGT cars, so perhaps this car has become tuneable since its release ages ago and have missed that one.

Nissan GT-R (R35) 2012 circuit tune as per my PM.

Here are the tunes that I have in my garage, They are all circuit tunes as I have no idea how to do a drag tune.. That is more transmission and LSD tinkering than anything else I believe. Anyway, here are the tune.

Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 (650PP SS)

Once built, remove power parts to reach 600PP and it will work just as well, if not better. :)

I will add them to the list and see what I can do with regards to tuning them. Are you sure the Alpine VGT (street) is tuneable? I usually tune up all the free VGT cars, so perhaps this car has become tuneable since its release ages ago and have missed that one.

I would assume as such, given the racing version is, and I recently checked most of the VGT cars to see which were and weren't, but I'll double-check and get back to you. If it's not, no worries.

Hi @shaunm80 This Nissan Nissan GT-R '07 (550PP SS can win easy at Suzuka. i have added a high Rpm Turbo and some Powerparts to get 600PP. I prefer this tune because it has no flat floor (your 600PP tune is with a flat floor)

IMG_20160826_173137.jpg

I would assume as such, given the racing version is, and I recently checked most of the VGT cars to see which were and weren't, but I'll double-check and get back to you. If it's not, no worries.

@shaunm80

Yeah, sorry, you were right: it's like the Chapperal, Infiniti and Nissan. Only ballast, brakes and limiter are tunable. Oh, well. Getting any of the other four would still be lovely, though. :)

By the way, I tried the Tommykaira at Suzuka and found it pretty comparable to the Audi. So it might be worth adding the Le Mans Quattro to the seasonal tunes list.

EDIT TO ADD:

I haven't driven it since the newbie days when I was doing everything stock, with TCS 5 and SRF and all kinds of silly nonsense, but I gave the Alpine a shot at Big Willow with Sports Softs, power limiter at 78.8, and ballast 75kg at -50, and it was actually FANTASTIC just the way it was.

Last edited:
I drove the Plymouth Superbird to victory in the beginner seasonal today.
View attachment 580143

Next, I drove the '84 Ferrari GTO and got a gold at big willow. I changed the tires to comply with the rules.

View attachment 580144

Last, I drove the Lamborghini Murcielago lo 670-4 superveloce '09 to victory sh tune in the expert seasonal at Suzuka.

View attachment 580145
All added to the list. A good choice in the Lambo by the way. Great car!

@shaunm80

Yeah, sorry, you were right: it's like the Chapperal, Infiniti and Nissan. Only ballast, brakes and limiter are tunable. Oh, well. Getting any of the other four would still be lovely, though. :)

By the way, I tried the Tommykaira at Suzuka and found it pretty comparable to the Audi. So it might be worth adding the Le Mans Quattro to the seasonal tunes list.

EDIT TO ADD:

I haven't driven it since the newbie days when I was doing everything stock, with TCS 5 and SRF and all kinds of silly nonsense, but I gave the Alpine a shot at Big Willow with Sports Softs, power limiter at 78.8, and ballast 75kg at -50, and it was actually FANTASTIC just the way it was.
I will add the other four to the list. VGT cars are mostly perfect in stock form. PD gave them some love before they gave them to us mere mortals. I usually tinker slightly with the suspension and LSD just to make it perfect.

Back