Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Seriously? Ditching the old PS3s? There's no games from that era that have enough replay value to be worth it to you? I don't get that. I still play games on my old original X-Box sometimes. And Super Nintendo ROMs.

At least don't throw 'em out, though! Lots of people would love to have them. Isn't there a regular around here who's PS3 died? You could donate to him!

Personally, I ALWAYS play old tech, because I can never afford the up-to-date consoles. GT6 is one of the first times I've been playing a game that still had an active and robust online community. I was considering trying to save up for a PS4, asking my reader people to chip in some moneys, but I realized I've still got like thirty really great games waiting to be played. So PS4 is going to wait until Elder Scrolls 6 and/or GT7 comes out.

Seriously? Ditching the old PS3s? There's no games from that era that have enough replay value to be worth it to you? I don't get that. I still play games on my old original X-Box sometimes. And Super Nintendo ROMs.

At least don't throw 'em out, though! Lots of people would love to have them. Isn't there a regular around here who's PS3 died? You could donate to him!

Personally, I ALWAYS play old tech, because I can never afford the up-to-date consoles. GT6 is one of the first times I've been playing a game that still had an active and robust online community. I was considering trying to save up for a PS4, asking my reader people to chip in some moneys, but I realized I've still got like thirty really great games waiting to be played. So PS4 is going to wait until Elder Scrolls 6 and/or GT7 comes out.
Since GT6 came out I did play GT5 for a while as well but it soon turn to only playing GT6 only, once GT Sports comes out there is no need to have the PS3s anymore because I am a one game player and that is racing only. I think if I was playing other games I would not be as good at this game.

Last edited:
A Spec Time Trial and Drift Trials (Updated 11/8/16)

PD have given us new events... Yeah right.. Actually, it is rehashed races which we have done previously with the same goto cars. GT6 is evolving like the image below. Hopefully you can find some new tunes from my garage to breath some life into these events.

Racing Car Super Lap (700PP RH)
The pop corn machine.. (Chaparral 2X)

Hey @shaunm80 , where the tune for the very Chaparral 2X bro? Non-clickable link seen.

As you may have noticed from the other tuning garages, one of our long time members in the GT community is no longer with us. Sorry to hear about @TurnLeft's passing and may he rest in peace. I will always remember you as "The Hoon" in a Ferrari 458 and what a hoon you were. You will never be forgotten in this Forum and my thoughts are with your family at this difficult time.

Hope you expert tuners will be able to provide new tunes for the cars in GTsport when it comes out as soon as possible.
<----Hooked on tunes.
I hope that the cars can be tuned in GT Sport. If the cars are not tuneable when it is released, that can only mean that GT7 will be out sometime after with cars that can be tuned. As far as I have read, PD have been quiet on whether or not cars will be tuneable or not in GT Sport so time will tell on this question.

I hope that the cars can be tuned in GT Sport. If the cars are not tuneable when it is released, that can only mean that GT7 will be out sometime after with cars that can be tuned. As far as I have read, PD have been quiet on whether or not cars will be tuneable or not in GT Sport so time will tell on this question.

Yes I agree with you. This would mean that GT Sport is rather seen as a prologue GT . Given the few cars they will offer it would not surprise me .

Nice to see that some of my tunes are to your liking..

May i ask what kind of score you got with it?

All added to the list. Thanks for letting me know. Good choices there with the Shotaliema car and the LordJCS drift car. Very good choices indeed!

Of course, but my scores are never that great. I think I am at 8500 or so. It took me a while to string together good sectors. Great tune, although my favorite of yours is the yellow bird.

Yeah, i remember that event..

It's the one where i created the "Blue ringed octopus"...

Another car that might work well is my ISF-CCS-R '11

or even @shaunm80's Impreza rally car drift tune.

And speaking of the Yellow bird.. It's a handfull.. A proper beast of a car.

Last edited:
Once GT Sports comes out, there will be 2 PS3 consoles going in the bin and it will be sad but it is only old technology.
Blu-Ray and streaming boxes 👍
We will be hanging on to ours as we have a nice stock of games for it and as the PS4 is not and will never be backwards compatible, we will continue to play it till it does completely. Than trade in all games and see what we get.

I can bring a maximum of one console to my girlfriend, when I move in next month. So i keep the PS4 (Love the codemaster's Dirtrally, what a great game), and I will be giving my PS3 to a friend. Trading in PS3 and old games really would not be worth a lot of money, as far as I can tell from ebay and the likes...

Yeah, i remember that event..

It's the one where i created the "Blue ringed octopus"...

Another car that might work well is my ISF-CCS-R '11

or even @shaunm80's Impreza rally car drift tune.

And speaking of the Yellow bird.. It's a handfull.. A proper beast of a car.
Yes the Yellow bird is a handful, but a fun handful, and a nice looking one to boot. I'll forego any references to the fairer sex.;)
I'll have to give your suggestions a try, thanks. Maybe one day I will figure out how to drift properly. 💡

Yes the Yellow bird is a handful, but a fun handful, and a nice looking one to boot. I'll forego any references to the fairer sex.;)
I'll have to give your suggestions a try, thanks. Maybe one day I will figure out how to drift properly. 💡

Remember... I struggled with drifting in GT6 at one point in time too...

Loads of practice and tinkering later made all the difference.

Back