F.I.T.T WSR/Senna F3 Challenge

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 535 comments
I am way, way, way faster. What's the Senna record in the F3 challenge? 43.140 to get gold. My times are kinda down there. So we're using the Grand Prix, not the Indy version. :lol:
That will do it... 👍 On the up side two major turns are in both lay outs.

I will try throwing the car around the track Friday, too busy of a week otherwise. Also, going with 1980 Brands Hatch GP seems like a good choice. :)
Would you like me to add you to the list of tuners as tentative then?

I went with the 1980's version of the Brands Hatch Grand Prix layout as it was from the same era and, surprisingly, of the 20 rounds that counted towards the 1983 British F3 Championship, although they used the short Indy layout, the GP layout was never used.

Also, I've edited the OP to include some further information about the car & added links to articles about it's development and the 1983 Championship season.

Last edited:
I managed a 1.26.420 with an old Hami tune after five laps so 25, 26s should be in the ball park , pretty sure I was on the right track.
Please make sure you're using the 1980's version of the Brands Hatch Grand Prix layout. I'd hate to think anyone is using the modern version as that's slower by some way.
Keep fine tuning your settings as I'm sure the car will reveal more speed. I suggest everyone saves their best laps as a ghost & compares any changes they make so as to see if that change is a gain or a loss. What works on some corners may not work as well on others. Good luck everyone :) 👍

Please make sure you're using the 1980's version of the Brands Hatch Grand Prix layout. I'd hate to think anyone is using the modern version as that's slower by some way.
Keep fine tuning your settings as I'm sure the car will reveal more speed. I suggest everyone saves their best laps as a ghost & compares any changes they make so as to see if that change is a gain or a loss. What works on some corners may not work as well on others. Good luck everyone :) 👍

Peter could you put me down as a tester

Handbrake :odd:
If anyone can find a Formula 3 with a handbrake, I'll buy it for them :P
Its an alien trick for making adjustments in high speed turns without losing momentum and rpm, if you tap it quickly it squeezes the rear brakes rather than locking them. I suppose the real world equivalent would be adjusting the brake bias to mostly/all rear via a balance adjustment dial on the wheel.

Really? It's the second to last for me. The lead up straight makes sure I'm at race speed with my gearing.
Surtees (T4) and Dingle Dell (T7) are my problem areas, I'm inconsistent on exit at 4 and keep touching the outside curb and stacking it at 7.

Surtees (T4) and Dingle Dell (T7) are my problem areas, I'm inconsistent on exit at 4 and keep touching the outside curb and stacking it at 7.
Yeah I think most people have problems at those two.
The corner location for T6 in the 80's version is killing me I keep braking for the modern layout :lol:

My challenge right now is actually of all things rotation. I can't find the sweet spot between very aggressive and moderate drive style. If I set it up for aggressive driving its glued to the track when driven moderate, if I set it up for moderate then flys off or spins out when driven aggressive.
Ugg the challenge of ground effect open wheelers

Yeah I think most people have problems at those two.
The corner location for T6 in the 80's version is killing me I keep braking for the modern layout :lol:

My challenge right now is actually of all things rotation. I can't find the sweet spot between very aggressive and moderate drive style. If I set it up for aggressive driving its glued to the track when driven moderate, if I set it up for moderate then flys off or spins out when driven aggressive.
Ugg the challenge of ground effect open wheelers
I'm picking Surtees (T4) as a make or break corner with it leading into the longest straight, get it wrong & you'll loose multiple car lengths. Ground-effects cars were a phenomenon...until you disturbed the airflow beneath the car by hitting a kerb the it was all bets are off & so are you :scared: :ouch: :banghead:

Back