F.I.T.T WSR/Senna F3 Challenge

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 535 comments
Yeah I think most people have problems at those two.
The corner location for T6 in the 80's version is killing me I keep braking for the modern layout :lol:

My challenge right now is actually of all things rotation. I can't find the sweet spot between very aggressive and moderate drive style. If I set it up for aggressive driving its glued to the track when driven moderate, if I set it up for moderate then flys off or spins out when driven aggressive.
Ugg the challenge of ground effect open wheelers
I don't think there is a happy medium to be found, just build it to be as fast and capable as possible and let the testers figure it out, I've tried making the car safer and it just slows it down while still managing to frequently fall off in the same places.

I have managed a 1:24.8 :cheers:
1:25.0 was my best but I had a bit of a squirm coming out of turn 1 that dropped me back on my ghost before catching it again on the back straight, I'm certain I can get into the 24s but its going to have to be an almost flawless lap

I don't think there is a happy medium to be found, just build it to be as fast and capable as possible and let the testers figure it out, I've tried making the car safer and it just slows it down while still managing to frequently fall off in the same places.

1:25.0 was my best but I had a bit of a squirm coming out of turn 1 that dropped me back on my ghost before catching it again on the back straight, I'm certain I can get into the 24s but its going to have to be an almost flawless lap
Mr.Dolhaus, it's just occurred to me that I haven't listed you as a tuner :dopey: Can I take it as a given that you're throwing your hat into the ring & joining us?

@Pete05 you can remove tentative next to my name on the list. I'm not thinking it will be anything but mid pack, but will submit a tune.

General question for the other tuners, minimum downforce for the back section, or more for better cornering? What seems to be your approach so far? Not sure there will be a big difference overall unless max downforce is used. But don't give settings as that would not be right, just a General idea. Think I have it where I want it, but a few corners I might be slower in so have 2 or 3 things left to try. What I see so far though, it will most likely come down to LSD and trans.

Edit: smart phone auto incorrect :irked:

@Pete05 you can remove tentative next to my name on the list. I'm not thinking it will be anything but mid pack, but will submit a tune.

General question for the other tuners, minimum downforce for the back section, or more for better cornering? What seems to be your approach so far? Not sure there will be a big difference overall unless max downforce is used. But don't give settings as that would not be right, just a General idea. Think I have it where I want it, but a few corners I might be slower in so have 2 or 3 things left to try. What I see so far though, it will most likely come down to LSD and trans.

I'm more than happy to remove the tentative beside your name :) 👍
When I can't decide which way to go with settings like downforce, I always rely on comparing ghost laps in time trial mode. That usually presents undeniable evidence one way or the other. Failing that, the stopwatch never tells lies ;)

Not willing to put my cards on the table yet but I'll say that one end of the spectrum certainly makes more sense than the other

Max downforce or close to max.

The speed bonus you have approaching the first high speed corner with min downforce is too small to make it viable for good lap times and the speed you have on the exit of the first high speed turn with min/low downforce is far too low.

Or to put it another way, if you have a ghost with a downforce setup, it will likely get ahead atleast a car length in first few corners, you might gain back a meter on the back straight, just to have it pull away into the distance through the high speed turns.

Last edited:
Max downforce or close to max.

The speed bonus you have approaching the first high speed corner with min downforce is too small to make it viable for good lap times and the speed you have on the exit of the first high speed turn with min/low downforce is far too low.
There's more than one way to cook a tasty dinner :D

The F3 car doesn't have ground effect? :confused:

No skirts or fans, just traditional wings
Actually the undersides of the side pods are swept up towards the rear like a rear diffuser. This car was Ralt's one & only ground-effect F3. I've provided links in the OP that give further tech details :)

My time is a second or so off the top guys but I shall be going for my usual style of tune and I know some of the faster guys can find a lot more speed than me. Hopefully this is the case once again with my tune.

My time is a second or so off the top guys but I shall be going for my usual style of tune and I know some of the faster guys can find a lot more speed than me. Hopefully this is the case once again with my tune.
Save that one in a sheet, copy it to the next one and start making drastic changes to the major settings such as spring rates and aero. If you don't find any positives at all then you've always got a base to fall back on but theres no point in putting all your money on one horse at this stage 👍

Save that one in a sheet, copy it to the next one and start making drastic changes to the major settings such as spring rates and aero. If you don't find any positives at all then you've always got a base to fall back on but theres no point in putting all your money on one horse at this stage 👍
It is a question of time rather at this point. I have a setup that is stable and fairly quick. Might be very fast in the right hands.. With my work and getting ready to start my second year of Uni (as long as all my resubmissions go well), time is at a premium right now so I am not sure how much time I can spare on FITT tuning.

It is a question of time rather at this point. I have a setup that is stable and fairly quick. Might be very fast in the right hands.. With my work and getting ready to start my second year of Uni (as long as all my resubmissions go well), time is at a premium right now so I am not sure how much time I can spare on FITT tuning.
There never seems to be enough hours in a day. A common complaint these days.

Did not think I could, but took over a second off my time. In the 1:25s, I'm satisfied and think I'm done. Might not be the fastest, but should be kinda quick and fun. Will revisit in a few days to double check, then post.:)
Well done, I knew you could squeeze some more out of the car & yourself. As long as you're happy with your performance & how the car drives then the rest doesn't matter. That'll take care of itself.
It's those last few tenths & hundreds that are the most elusive when your against the stopwatch.

Back