F.I.T.T WSR/Senna F3 Challenge

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 535 comments
ayrton_senna_john_brooks_DL_638_0008_copy1.jpg
finishing the last adjustments fastest lap 1: 25.353
I hope to correspond with testers:cheers:👍

Last edited:
How is everyones tuning going for this car? I have just managed to improve my tune by over a second and it is in my preferred style of driving too. This car is great fun to drive but I must say that tuning this car is tricky. You think you can improve it but it often makes it harder to drive and keep pointing in the right direction. Going to be interesting seeing the other tunes for this when tuning ends.

How is everyones tuning going for this car? I have just managed to improve my tune by over a second and it is in my preferred style of driving too. This car is great fun to drive but I must say that tuning this car is tricky. You think you can improve it but it often makes it harder to drive and keep pointing in the right direction. Going to be interesting seeing the other tunes for this when tuning ends.
Well done Shaun. To find over a second & be happy with the change means you've unlocked some decent speed there.
At this stage, I feel if I can gain a tenth or two without wrecking it that'll be a huge bonus.
Most of the car is done, just need to put a transmission on it and see what that adds. I found the car was always all or nothing, it doesn't care for mistakes or half heartedness and I like it :mischievous:
Sounds like my car in a way. It doesn't care for mistakes either. Put half a wheel in the wrong place & pay the penalty. I can run over 10 laps within two to three tenths but if I push for a bit more....:scared:

I will finally get a chance to tune again tomorrow:banghead: 6 days with out any chances hurts.
I am sure that you will be fine.. It won't be the first time your perfected a tune in 4 or 5 days for a FITT competition.

On another note. I just made a small change to my tune from last night and took another half second out of my lap time. I think that in the right hands, my tune should break into 1.26s easily, as I messed up the end of the lap by running onto the grass and achieved a mid 1.27 lap time. Not sure I will tinker with this car much more now as I am pretty happy but as always, I will sit on my tune for a day or two and make sure I am 100% happy before posting.

My tune isn't improving much over that very first hour with the car, which is a bit frustrating and concerning. I think it is pretty quick with the wheel. I just tested with the DS3 and automatic transmission since we have some testers who prefer that driving input. Wow. I like it. Amazing how little steering input this car needs at initial turn in.

I may call the tune done now because it just isn't getting any faster. So no more tuning, but want to race it. Maybe it's time for an online room?

My tune isn't improving much over that very first hour with the car, which is a bit frustrating and concerning. I think it is pretty quick with the wheel. I just tested with the DS3 and automatic transmission since we have some testers who prefer that driving input. Wow. I like it. Amazing how little steering input this car needs at initial turn in.

I may call the tune done now because it just isn't getting any faster. So no more tuning, but want to race it. Maybe it's time for an online room?
Looks like we're sort of in the same boat as I've had a bit of tinker but not seeing much of a result yet. I'm going to persist a little longer & then put it under the cover until the testing begins. I've even tried the auto version to see that's ok too. I'm really looking forward to testing the 12 prospective tunes & seeing just how much time separates 1st to last.

My entry, made long time ago when I first got access to Senna events ( when I updated )

RALT RT3 Formula 3
West Surrey Racing Formula 3 Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
British F3 Championship

Tuned to replicate RALT F3 RT3
Sports Hard to Racing Hard

race-winner-ayrton-senna-bra-west-surrey-racing-ralt-rt3-83-toyota-2140635.jpg

CAR : WSR 1983 Ayrton Senna
Tire : Sports Hard to Racing Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 172 HP at 6000 RPM
Torque : 167.0 ft-lb at 5000 RPM
Power Limiter at : 100%
Weight: 455 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 46 / 54
Performance Points: 559

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : White/Stock

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension

Suspension - Adapted Baseline Rate Eibach Springs + Koni/Bilstein Damper
Base Low Camber Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 40 40
Spring Rate: 14.28 21.43
Dampers (Compression): 3 1
Dampers (Extension): 2 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 3
Camber Angle: 0.5 0.0
Toe Angle: -0.54 0.27

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - HEWLAND MK9
Set Default
Use Default Final
Set Auto Max Speed to 240kmh / 149mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 2.750
2nd 1.857
3rd 1.389
4th 1.105
5th 0.889
Set Final Gear : 3.444

LSD - Hewland Powerflow 10-15 preload, 80/80 Ramp
Initial Torque : 6
Acceleration Sensitivity: 11
Braking Sensitivity: 11

AERO - Minimum Setup

Front = 555
Rear = 700

4448438996_52186c378b_b_zpsc94984cd.jpg~original.jpg

Brake Balance:
3/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 3/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance, 3/5 ABS 1 recommended.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 3/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

Base replica setup for RALT RT3 F3 car, used real life data for suspension, gear ratio and LSD. Spring rate of real F3 RT3 are pretty low ( half of what I used ), so in GT6, used lowest possible while maintain the ratio. Gear ratio taken from Hewland Mk9 catalog, with final options included.

Tested at Brands Hatch GP 80's on RH/Medium Camber, capable of low 1:25s on 1st lap with lots of room of improvement. Should be 1:24s with no lock ups and slow entry on some corners. Originally posted in my garage with optional medium camber. Only need a split second lift or dab on the brakes for high speed curve. Take 1st turn from the middle line right after the pit exit line, dab the brakes, turn the car into the apex and flat out.

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_7.jpg

Last edited:
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s.jpg

West Surrey Racing 1983 Ayrton Senna

PP: 559
HP: 172
WEIGHT: 455kg
WEIGHT DIST: 46:54
TIRE(S): RH

GT Auto:
Oil Change - Yes
Rigidity Improvement - Not Allowed
Front Aero - Not Allowed
Wing - Not Allowed
Flat Floor - Not Allowed

SUSPENSION:
RIDE HEIGHT: 40 / 40
SPRINGS: 17.85 / 24.00
COMP: 4 / 7
EXT: 6 / 6
ARB: 6 / 6
CAMBER: 0.1 / 0.1
TOE: 0.02 / 0.00

BRAKES: (TYPE) Racing
BRAKES - 6 / 8

TRANS:Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
TOP SPEED TO
- 137mph

1ST - 2.603
2ND - 1.805
3RD - 1.430
4TH - 1.123
5TH - 0.914

FINAL - 3.250

LSD:Full Custom
INITIAL - 15
ACCEL - 17
DECEL - 17

CLUTCH TYPE: Standard
CARBON SHAFT: Standard
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: N/A

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO -
POWER LIMITER - 100 %

WEIGHT REDUCTION -
CARBON HOOD - Standard
WINDOW WEIGHT - Standard

BALLAST - 0 @ 0
DOWNFORCE - 800 / 992

Notes: I am a leaf on the wind, watch me as I soar

Last edited:
WSR/Senna F3 Challenge
misck8325329_02.jpg

PP: 559
HP: 172
TORQUE: 167 ft-lb
WEIGHT: 455 Kg
WEIGHT DIST: 46 : 54
TIRE(S): Racing Hard

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // Brakes:
RIDE HEIGHT - 40 (F) / (R) 40
SPRINGS - 16,40 (F) / (R) 19,73
COMP - 3 (F) / (R) 3
EXT - 6 (F) / (R) 5
ARB - 5 (F) / (R) 7

CAMBER - 0,0 (F) / (R) 1,8

TOE - -0,22 (F) / (R) 0,36

BRAKES - 5 (F) / (R) 5
TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO - 3,560
TOP SPEED TO - 240 Km/h
1ST - 2,818
2ND - 1,855
3RD - 1,335
4TH - 1,000
5TH - 0,770
6TH -
7TH -
FINAL - 3,560
LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 08
ACCEL - 11
DECEL - 09

DOWNFORCE
560 (F) / (R) 725

ENJOY

Here is my entry for the Senna Challenge.

Ayrton Senna WSR, 1983 Ayrton Senna

559PP
172 BHP
455kgs
Weight Distribution 46:54

Racing Hard Tyres

Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
40/40
18.50/24.20
5/5
4/7
2/4
0.8/1.2
-0.06/0.03

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 1.986
2nd 1.601
3rd 1.193
4th 0.941
5th 0.782
Set final gear to 3.760

FC LSD
18/25/8

Set power limiter to 100.0%

Downforce
F/R
800/1000

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

Original Link here

brands-hatch-grand-prix-circuit-80s-jpg.444546

brands-hatch-grand-prix-circuit-80s_3-jpg.444547

I think T6 is only flat out if you really botch up T5, it's got *for me at least* a max entry speed of 175 km/h to clear it cleanly.
I don't think it's saying too much to admit T3 & T5 are the only corners that can be taken absolutely flat, even on the best lap possible with my setup.
I'll also admit after having GT6 from day 1, I've only just discovered the live timing screen when watching a replay :dunce:
All this time I've been grabbing pen & paper to madly scribble down the sectors as they appear on screen :dopey: :embarrassed:

Last edited:
I don't think it's saying too much to admit T3 & T6 are the only corners that can be taken absolutely flat, even on the best lap possible with my setup.
Yeah I'm in the same boat now. I've made the car faster outt of T4 and down the straight and I can't take T5 flat out have to lift a tad and am actaully slower at exit of T5 because of it. -_- :ouch:

T5 is definitely flat out, just follow the rubber on the road and it will show you where to turn in, its a little later than you might expect. Little dab on the brakes and throw it across the curb at T6 and the same at T7, T8 is faster than you think, if you use the camber correctly you can slingshot yourself out the other side.

(I was running consistent low 25s with a few mid/high 24s)

Great lap. I see I need to speed up my car a tad...only one mph faster then you :lol:
I didn't have the best run through turn 4, could have squeezed another couple mph out of the end of the back straight. I would expect yours to be fast as you're better with transmissions, I fear that may be a defining feature on the cars

Back