F.I.T.T WSR/Senna F3 Challenge

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 535 comments
Thank you sir. Very happy to hear to enjoyed the tube so much. A 10/10 is rare and you deemed three tunes worthy of this honor.
Fantastic time in the car.
Ah, The tube is back! :) Yes, I was surprised that I found three 10s as well. It wasn't just these tunes that impressed me but all of them. A very high standard of tuning going on of late in FITT, which is great for me as it pushes me to improve my own tune for each FITT event I enter.

@DolHaus
Best Lap Time – 1.27.029
DC – 9.5

Impression of the tune; A tune finely balanced between stable and unstable, when I was on it and in the groove this car drove like telepathy, however, go out of the groove and this car had a tendency to throw me in a spin and cost me a fast lap time. It is a great tune and if I had more than 10 laps with it, I know I could go faster and become a better driver from it. Great traction out of the corners but sometimes (for me), it was too much traction and it would catch me unaware if I wasn’t on the right line or hitting the apex of the corner correctly, the transmission was great as were the brakes. Great job with this. Well done :)
Thank you for the test and review :cheers: A little surprised with the lap time compared to others if I'm honest but there isn't enough feedback to draw conclusions yet :boggled:

Thank you for the test and review :cheers: A little surprised with the lap time compared to others if I'm honest but there isn't enough feedback to draw conclusions yet :boggled:
As I mentioned in the review. I had a faster lap on the boards but a spin cost those times. Your tune achieved a lap faster than my own and many others I tested so its all relative to be honest. Also, I have been saying for some time that I am not the fastest driver out there.. ;) Certainly no 1.24s from myself which I would expect to see from some of the aliens among us. :)

As I mentioned in the review. I had a faster lap on the boards but a spin cost those times. Your tune achieved a lap faster than my own and many others I tested so its all relative to be honest. Also, I have been saying for some time that I am not the fastest driver out there.. ;) Certainly no 1.24s from myself which I would expect to see from some of the aliens among us. :)
Were the tunes tested in the order posted?

FITT WSR/Senna F3 Challenge Reviews

All reviews were conducted as per FITT regulations and with ABS 1 only. All tunes were given 10 laps each. The first few laps were “getting to know you laps” and then I gave it some hammer time to see what this car (with your setup) could really do.

Here are the reviews.

@Bowtie-muscle
Best Lap Time – 1.27.041
DC – 10.0

Impression of the tune; This is an amazing tune which I felt confident driving from lap 1 through to lap 10. It went where I pointed it, it felt fast and it produced a very good lap time. I really enjoyed driving this tune and was consistently setting low 1.27s from the very beginning. Great job, you should be proud of this one :).

@DolHaus
Best Lap Time – 1.27.029
DC – 9.5

Impression of the tune; A tune finely balanced between stable and unstable, when I was on it and in the groove this car drove like telepathy, however, go out of the groove and this car had a tendency to throw me in a spin and cost me a fast lap time. It is a great tune and if I had more than 10 laps with it, I know I could go faster and become a better driver from it. Great traction out of the corners but sometimes (for me), it was too much traction and it would catch me unaware if I wasn’t on the right line or hitting the apex of the corner correctly, the transmission was great as were the brakes. Great job with this. Well done :)

@fordracer
Lap time; 1.28.233
DC; 9.5
Impression of the tune; A very good tune, stable, precise and easy to drive. I would have liked a little more front rotation at times as I lost a lot of time in the corners with this tune but coming out on the straights, it was really easy to put the power down without the risk of spinning up the rear wheels. This was probably because of the transmission which was excellent but I could not extract much more speed than what I did with this test. A good tune and one that will be great if used in a endurance race. Would have got higher DC and Lap time if I had more speed through the corners though. Good job, Well done :)

@Motor City Hami
Lap time; 1.25.595
DC; 10.0
Impression of the tune; My second DC of 10.0 in this competition and with good reason. This tune was smooth, fast and easy to control. I had a few offs in the first few laps but once I found the rhythm in this tune, it was stupendously quick and amazing through the corners. Another fantastic tune which will definitely be finding a home in my garage for future use. One thing I would say is that the final gear could have been longer as I was bouncing off the rev limiter on the long straight but that doesn’t detract from the driving experience in the slightest. Cracking job, Well done :)

@MrGrado
Lap time; 1.26.526
DC; 8.9
Impression of the tune; A difficult tune to understand for me. On some laps, everything was perfect, turn in, grip, confidence. It had it all that in abundance, however, the next lap, it was like I crossed an invisible line and suddenly I was driving something that wanted to spin on me in a place where I had supreme grip the previous lap. I would have said it was my driving but it happened on a few occasions and I had no chance to save any spin. I can’t put my finger on why it was unpredictable for me but one constant throughout the test was the transmission. It needed to be longer as I was hitting the rev limiter far sooner than I would have liked. This is a quick tune but too unpredictable for me. I am sure that this will definitely achieve a faster time with another tester. A good tune but not suited to my driving style I am afraid.

@Otaliema
Lap time; 1.25.839
DC; 10.0
Impression of the tune; Stunning tune. Overall handling, turn in, corner exit, transmission and grip levels were impeccable. Yes, this car like some of the others can break lose but it takes a massive driver error for this to occur. At times, it felt like it was four wheel drive the way it glided round the corners. Not quite as quick at Hami’s in my hands but for anyone who knows me, it is all about the feel of the car rather than outright speed and this tune like Hami’s and Bowtie’s is definitely a 10/10 in my book. Awesome job. Once again, another FITT tune that you can be proud off. :)

@Pete05
Best Lap Time – 1.26.838
DC – 9.0
Impression of the tune; Very fast tune and fun to drive, however, I found this tune was prone to snap over steer and I lost a few laps as there wasn’t really a safety net to assist me in bringing the car back into line. I liked that it was quick and the transmission was really well made but I was never really had the confidence from lap to lap to know what how this tune was going to handle. This was a really good tune for outright speed but a tad too unstable for me personally. I can see this tune achieving great lap times in the right hands however.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Best Lap Time – 1.27.645
DC - 9.3

Impression of the tune; A very stable tune, great acceleration and really good traction out of the corners. I had a slight problem with kerbs and clipping the grass, where the car would become unstable quite quickly and sometimes I was unable to save the car from a spin. When I kept the car in the lines that it was quickest, it behaved really well and no major complaints from me about this tune. Great job. :)

@shaunm80
Best Lap Time – 1.27.143
DC – 9.8
Impression of the tune; As most tuners who test their own tunes find, they can drive their tune to the limits and know exactly what the car is going to do. My tune allows me to push this car to the tune limits and if I go to far, allows me to save it before it all goes wrong. After a few days away from driving this car, I really enjoyed driving it, and it still gives me the confidence I had when was happy with the tune and published it. A great car for me, hence the good lap time it achieved and DC it achieved. I look forward to seeing what other testers make of it when they get their hands on it.

@sinof1337
Lap time; 1.27.697
DC; 9.4
Impression of the tune; It took me a while to get in to the rhythm of this tune. At first, I found it was either do or die on a lap but when I settled it down and got on the power earlier, it came alive and started dropping lap times close to the other tunes. Turn in was great when stable, traction was really good but could spin if a wheel dropped on a kerb at an inappropriate time, but I must say that the transmission and handling of this tune were spot on when I was in the zone and driving this as it was designed. It wasn’t an easy tune to adapt to, and it certainly isn’t my usual driving style but it had characteristics of my preferences and once I found them, I was well away and up the road with this tune. Great tune and I know with more practice, this tune could be tamed to the point of consistency in each and every lap. Good job :)

@xande1959
Best Lap Time – 1.28.824
DC – 8.6
Impression of the tune;A solid tune but I felt a little constricted by it at times and I can’t really put my finger on why that is. The amount of grip this car had was great, but it felt too grippy in the rear at times causing me a few issues on turn in. The transmission felt a bit sluggish at time to costing me some lap time. This tune was great if you could get the right lines, However, this was hit and miss for me with finding the consistency for it. I am sure this tune will suit some of the other testers but I couldn’t extract all that this tune had to offer unfortunately. A great effort and a solid tune, just not quite my cup of tea.
I am not worthy of such a review, thank you for testing. Glad you enjoyed.

Here is my test in order of reviewing

Ridox2JZGTE - Best Lap Time – 1.27.645
DolHaus - Best Lap Time – 1.27.029
xande1959 - Best Lap Time – 1.28.824
Bowtie-muscle - Best Lap Time – 1.27.041
Pete05 - Best Lap Time – 1.26.838
MrGrado - Lap time; 1.26.526
Motor City Hami - Lap time; 1.25.595
fordracer - Lap time; 1.28.233
sinof1337 - Lap time; 1.27.697
Otaliema - Lap time; 1.25.839
shaunm80 - Best Lap Time – 1.27.143

I don't see a pattern if I'm being honest, my times are up and down more than a pair of brides you know what ;)

Here is my test in order of reviewing

Ridox2JZGTE - Best Lap Time – 1.27.645
DolHaus - Best Lap Time – 1.27.029
xande1959 - Best Lap Time – 1.28.824
Bowtie-muscle - Best Lap Time – 1.27.041
Pete05 - Best Lap Time – 1.26.838
MrGrado - Lap time; 1.26.526
Motor City Hami - Lap time; 1.25.595
fordracer - Lap time; 1.28.233
sinof1337 - Lap time; 1.27.697
Otaliema - Lap time; 1.25.839
shaunm80 - Best Lap Time – 1.27.143

I don't see a pattern if I'm being honest, my times are up and down more than a pair of brides you know what ;)
Sorry, a misunderstanding of the original question I fear. In the order you have posted the results and reviews there is a definite pattern that looks like you went through a warm up period before hitting a peak and then a decline with fatigue. In the actual order you have tested the pattern is less evident so my initial suspicion is unfounded, I know mine isn't the easiest to drive so an early running order may not have done it any favours but a second and a half is going to be impossible to claw back in cars this closely balanced.

Sorry, a misunderstanding of the original question I fear. In the order you have posted the results and reviews there is a definite pattern that looks like you went through a warm up period before hitting a peak and then a decline with fatigue. In the actual order you have tested the pattern is less evident so my initial suspicion is unfounded, I know mine isn't the easiest to drive so an early running order may not have done it any favours but a second and a half is going to be impossible to claw back in cars this closely balanced.
Out of respect for you, of which I have a lot, I have unofficially ran 6 laps to see what I can do with your tune. As I mentioned in your review, with more time, I could get faster lap times and become a better driver. Below is a breakdown of my 6 laps to show that my review was extremely accurate and honest. You know that I have no bias towards any tuner, I have a bias towards a type of tune but not a tuner in particular. Your unofficial lap times are;

Lap 1 - 1.30.861 (clean)
Lap 2 - 1.27.006 (clean)
Lap 3 - 1.38.085 (spun out but classified as clean)
Lap 4 - 1.38.543 (spun out but classified as clean)
Lap 5 - 1.26.807 (clean)
Lap 6 - 1.42.187 (Red lap, spun out)

As you can see, I did go slightly faster as my review stated but not that much faster and that is with good track familiarity and being in the zone for half of the laps I completed. I hope you can see that the lap times that I achieved during my testing (all of the tuners) are fair and honest.. I do not have the time now to do any official retests due to uni starting but I am sure that others will get an amazing time in your tune as it does have potential for it.

@xande1959
Best Lap Time – 1.28.824
DC – 8.6
Impression of the tune;A solid tune but I felt a little constricted by it at times and I can’t really put my finger on why that is. The amount of grip this car had was great, but it felt too grippy in the rear at times causing me a few issues on turn in. The transmission felt a bit sluggish at time to costing me some lap time. This tune was great if you could get the right lines, However, this was hit and miss for me with finding the consistency for it. I am sure this tune will suit some of the other testers but I couldn’t extract all that this tune had to offer unfortunately. A great effort and a solid tune, just not quite my cup of tea.

thanks for testing this legendary car. I was small before the other times, it could increase the value of the LSD (initial torque / acceleration and senstivity):cheers:

Out of respect for you, of which I have a lot, I have unofficially ran 6 laps to see what I can do with your tune. As I mentioned in your review, with more time, I could get faster lap times and become a better driver. Below is a breakdown of my 6 laps to show that my review was extremely accurate and honest. You know that I have no bias towards any tuner, I have a bias towards a type of tune but not a tuner in particular. Your unofficial lap times are;

Lap 1 - 1.30.861 (clean)
Lap 2 - 1.27.006 (clean)
Lap 3 - 1.38.085 (spun out but classified as clean)
Lap 4 - 1.38.543 (spun out but classified as clean)
Lap 5 - 1.26.807 (clean)
Lap 6 - 1.42.187 (Red lap, spun out)

As you can see, I did go slightly faster as my review stated but not that much faster and that is with good track familiarity and being in the zone for half of the laps I completed. I hope you can see that the lap times that I achieved during my testing (all of the tuners) are fair and honest.. I do not have the time now to do any official retests due to uni starting but I am sure that others will get an amazing time in your tune as it does have potential for it.
Completely unnecessary but thank you none the less 👍
I'm not accusing you of bias or anything, having tried a few of the other cars and related to what you were saying I just can't figure out why you were having such an issue with mine but not other tricky ones. Out of interest where were you spinning?

Times below 1:25 must be possible.

I'm not playing along but wanted to see what's up. 3 laps in…

image.jpg

Shakedown tune. :D

Completely unnecessary but thank you none the less 👍
I'm not accusing you of bias or anything, having tried a few of the other cars and related to what you were saying I just can't figure out why you were having such an issue with mine but not other tricky ones. Out of interest where were you spinning?
My usual spots to spin where turn 1 or turn 5 when I was really pushing the pace through the corner. Most tunes had at least one or more spins at those corners. Mine included :)

I'm not playing along but wanted to see what's up. 3 laps in…

View attachment 446488

Shakedown tune. :D
24.5 was my best, I think @Soren Jacquet posted a 23 something

My usual spots to spin where turn 1 or turn 5 when I was really pushing the pace through the corner. Most tunes had at least one or more spins at those corners. Mine included :)
Ahh right, turn 1 is tricky at first but a lot of fun once you learn the line, one of my favourite corners though. Wide entry, brake and shift down, kiss the curb and then nail the throttle as soon as the car settles, the outside curb at the bottom can be slippery but if you relax the steering and stay constant on the throttle then you'll be fine. Never had much of a problem with 5, a bit of a later turn in than it looks like but its flat out so you don't have to worry about the car getting unstable unless you get adventurous on the inside curb. Exiting turn 7 is where I had the most spins, taking too much speed in then nailing the curb hard before clipping the grass on the outside and doing a few pirouettes :lol:

Out of respect for you, of which I have a lot, I have unofficially ran 6 laps to see what I can do with your tune. As I mentioned in your review, with more time, I could get faster lap times and become a better driver. Below is a breakdown of my 6 laps to show that my review was e
24.5 was my best, I think @Soren Jacquet posted a 23 something

Ahh right, turn 1 is tricky at first but a lot of fun once you learn the line, one of my favourite corners though. Wide entry, brake and shift down, kiss the curb and then nail the throttle as soon as the car settles, the outside curb at the bottom can be slippery but if you relax the steering and stay constant on the throttle then you'll be fine. Never had much of a problem with 5, a bit of a later turn in than it looks like but its flat out so you don't have to worry about the car getting unstable unless you get adventurous on the inside curb. Exiting turn 7 is where I had the most spins, taking too much speed in then nailing the curb hard before clipping the grass on the outside and doing a few pirouettes :lol:
I can tell you that I right now are testing the again put this time I push them to and over the limit .. But NOW I won´t tell anymore hehehe

All reviews were conducted as per FITT regulations and with ABS 1 only. All tunes were given 10 laps each. The first few laps were “getting to know you laps” and then I gave it some hammer time to see what this car (with your setup) could really do.

Here are the reviews.

@Bowtie-muscle
Best Lap Time – 1.27.041
DC – 10.0

Impression of the tune; This is an amazing tune which I felt confident driving from lap 1 through to lap 10. It went where I pointed it, it felt fast and it produced a very good lap time. I really enjoyed driving this tune and was consistently setting low 1.27s from the very beginning. Great job, you should be proud of this one :).

@DolHaus
Best Lap Time – 1.27.029
DC – 9.5

@fordracer
Lap time; 1.28.233
DC; 9.5
Impression of the tune; A very good tune, stable, precise and easy to drive. I would have liked a little more front rotation at times as I lost a lot of time in the corners with this tune but coming out on the straights, it was really easy to put the power down without the risk of spinning up the rear wheels. This was probably because of the transmission which was excellent but I could not extract much more speed than what I did with this test. A good tune and one that will be great if used in a endurance race. Would have got higher DC and Lap time if I had more speed through the corners though. Good job, Well done :)

@Motor City Hami
Lap time; 1.25.595
DC; 10.0
Impression of the tune; My second DC of 10.0 in this competition and with good reason. This tune was smooth, fast and easy to control. I had a few offs in the first few laps but once I found the rhythm in this tune, it was stupendously quick and amazing through the corners. Another fantastic tune which will definitely be finding a home in my garage for future use. One thing I would say is that the final gear could have been longer as I was bouncing off the rev limiter on the long straight but that doesn’t detract from the driving experience in the slightest. Cracking job, Well done :)

@MrGrado
Lap time; 1.26.526
DC; 8.9
Impression of the tune; A difficult tune to understand for me. On some laps, everything was perfect, turn in, grip, confidence. It had it all that in abundance, however, the next lap, it was like I crossed an invisible line and suddenly I was driving something that wanted to spin on me in a place where I had supreme grip the previous lap. I would have said it was my driving but it happened on a few occasions and I had no chance to save any spin. I can’t put my finger on why it was unpredictable for me but one constant throughout the test was the transmission. It needed to be longer as I was hitting the rev limiter far sooner than I would have liked. This is a quick tune but too unpredictable for me. I am sure that this will definitely achieve a faster time with another tester. A good tune but not suited to my driving style I am afraid.

@Otaliema
Lap time; 1.25.839
DC; 10.0
Impression of the tune; Stunning tune. Overall handling, turn in, corner exit, transmission and grip levels were impeccable. Yes, this car like some of the others can break lose but it takes a massive driver error for this to occur. At times, it felt like it was four wheel drive the way it glided round the corners. Not quite as quick at Hami’s in my hands but for anyone who knows me, it is all about the feel of the car rather than outright speed and this tune like Hami’s and Bowtie’s is definitely a 10/10 in my book. Awesome job. Once again, another FITT tune that you can be proud off. :)

@Pete05
Best Lap Time – 1.26.838
DC – 9.0
Impression of the tune; Very fast tune and fun to drive, however, I found this tune was prone to snap over steer and I lost a few laps as there wasn’t really a safety net to assist me in bringing the car back into line. I liked that it was quick and the transmission was really well made but I was never really had the confidence from lap to lap to know what how this tune was going to handle. This was a really good tune for outright speed but a tad too unstable for me personally. I can see this tune achieving great lap times in the right hands however.

@Ridox2JZGTE
Best Lap Time – 1.27.645
DC - 9.3

Impression of the tune; A very stable tune, great acceleration and really good traction out of the corners. I had a slight problem with kerbs and clipping the grass, where the car would become unstable quite quickly and sometimes I was unable to save the car from a spin. When I kept the car in the lines that it was quickest, it behaved really well and no major complaints from me about this tune. Great job. :)

@shaunm80
Best Lap Time – 1.27.143
DC – 9.8
Impression of the tune; As most tuners who test their own tunes find, they can drive their tune to the limits and know exactly what the car is going to do. My tune allows me to push this car to the tune limits and if I go to far, allows me to save it before it all goes wrong. After a few days away from driving this car, I really enjoyed driving it, and it still gives me the confidence I had when was happy with the tune and published it. A great car for me, hence the good lap time it achieved and DC it achieved. I look forward to seeing what other testers make of it when they get their hands on it.

@sinof1337
Lap time; 1.27.697
DC; 9.4
Impression of the tune; It took me a while to get in to the rhythm of this tune. At first, I found it was either do or die on a lap but when I settled it down and got on the power earlier, it came alive and started dropping lap times close to the other tunes. Turn in was great when stable, traction was really good but could spin if a wheel dropped on a kerb at an inappropriate time, but I must say that the transmission and handling of this tune were spot on when I was in the zone and driving this as it was designed. It wasn’t an easy tune to adapt to, and it certainly isn’t my usual driving style but it had characteristics of my preferences and once I found them, I was well away and up the road with this tune. Great tune and I know with more practice, this tune could be tamed to the point of consistency in each and every lap. Good job :)

@xande1959
Best Lap Time – 1.28.824
DC – 8.6
Thank you for testing Shaun :bowdown: These competitions are a whole heap of fun but they can't work without the tuners & testers. Glad to see you survived driving my tune. It's definitely knife edge so kudos for posting the time you did.
Looks like I may have some time to throw my name in for testing.
Thank you for the offer @biffa3 :bowdown:
Would you like me to add you to the list of official tuners?

I can tell you that I right now are testing the again put this time I push them to and over the limit .. But NOW I won´t tell anymore hehehe
I'm looking forward to seeing how fast you end up going, I feel like I'm a decent enough driver but I'm blown away by the times some people are capable of doing, I just don't know where you find the extra speed :lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing how fast you end up going, I feel like I'm a decent enough driver but I'm blown away by the times some people are capable of doing, I just don't know where you find the extra speed :lol:
Wouldn't you know it. Suddenly I'm time poor :irked: I'm hoping to start the testing process tonight & expect the best times to be in 23's. Time will tell.

Wouldn't you know it. Suddenly I'm time poor :irked: I'm hoping to start the testing process tonight & expect the best times to be in 23's. Time will tell.
I remember you being fast in the camber tests so I look forward to what you can do here 👍

Carrotcake hehehe
Is that FIA approved? :odd: :lol:

Could be the HOURS of wheel time. :D
I used to be able to get into the top 1000 fairly consistently in time trials when I had the time to put in but I was still fascinated by how much faster the top guys were, where I was fighting for tenths they were somehow finding seconds :lol:

I remember you being fast in the camber tests so I look forward to what you can do here 👍

Is that FIA approved? :odd: :lol:

I used to be able to get into the top 1000 fairly consistently in time trials when I had the time to put in but I was still fascinated by how much faster the top guys were, where I was fighting for tenths they were somehow finding seconds :lol:
I know ther is one of the top 10 guys that dont use weight reduction no his cars ,

Now all testing is done . Then it is just to tap it own ,must be done in a few hours Must to bed the clock is here in Denmark 3;15 in the night hehehe

Here are the reviews.

@Bowtie-muscle
Best Lap Time – 1.27.041
DC – 10.0

@DolHaus
Best Lap Time – 1.27.029
DC – 9.5

@fordracer
Lap time; 1.28.233
DC; 9.5

@Motor City Hami
Lap time; 1.25.595
DC; 10.0

@MrGrado
Lap time; 1.26.526
DC; 8.9

@Otaliema
Lap time; 1.25.839
DC; 10.0

@Pete05
Best Lap Time – 1.26.838
DC – 9.0

@Ridox2JZGTE
Best Lap Time – 1.27.645
DC - 9.3

@shaunm80
Best Lap Time – 1.27.143
DC – 9.8

@sinof1337
Lap time; 1.27.697
DC; 9.4

@xande1959
Best Lap Time – 1.28.824
DC – 8.6

Thanks for your time testing Shaunm80, great times. Pleased you like my tune, I too wished it had been faster too. Just got too squirrelly for me. Thanks again for your time and the kind words.

Back