F.I.T.T WSR/Senna F3 Challenge

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 535 comments
Lap time; 1:24.373 DC; 10
Impression of the tune; Easy to drive and when you spin out it´s very easy to save again.. It´s avery very good tune.
Thank you sir. Wow just wow I still don't know where your finding that extra second in the laps.
Three more tens from you holy cow thank you.
After a quick glance and mathematical stuff in my head looks like Hami is out to a commanding lead while dolhous bowtie Pete and my self are shifting the 2-4 spots will see what happens with times as more reviews come in.
I'll load times into the sheet in a bit need to chase the kids to bed.

Thank you sir. Wow just wow I still don't know where your finding that extra second in the laps.
Three more tens from you holy cow thank you.
After a quick glance and mathematical stuff in my head looks like Hami is out to a commanding lead while dolhous bowtie Pete and my self are shifting the 2-4 spots will see what happens with times as more reviews come in.
I'll load times into the sheet in a bit need to chase the kids to bed.

@Otaliema - I really expected this to be a two horse race between you and me due to the transmission settings. Kind of surprised that only two of us did the reverse flip on the transmission with this car. I also thought your take on the suspension, though different from mine, would make it a contender.

@Otaliema - I really expected this to be a two horse race between you and me due to the transmission settings. Kind of surprised that only two of us did the reverse flip on the transmission with this car. I also thought your take on the suspension, though different from mine, would make it a contender.
With the narrow powerband of this car, the gearbox & final drive ratios are a critical component for sure. The suspension together with the wing levels will have an effect too. It's proving there's more than one way to cut a cake.
Overall I think some tunes will be quick in some sectors and some in others. It's the tune(s) that have the best balance over all sectors that are the ones to watch.

:bowdown: I thought the same to be honest. I'm loading the two submitted times now see how things are stacking up. As more testers post results. I think we will see two cars run away with it. Yours for sure and I can't call the second one right now.

Last edited:
Here are the test result and Points from The Old Danish Rabbit
testet with steering wheel all aids off only ABS1 @Bowtie-muscle
Lap time; 1:23.678 DC; 10
Impression of the tune;Amazing tune ,I feelt it was getting faster and faster for every lap .
Suspention,gearbox, drivetrain worked really perfect together . "it´s Perfect.

@DolHaus
Lap time;1:23-708 DC: 9.6
Impression of the tune; from lap 1 to 3 , I didn´t know where I have the car, it felt like itturns between unstable and stable, but I learnd it by chancing my braking point I only wish a little more speed. but all in all a nice tune
Ps It dont like the curbs

@fordracer
Lap time; 1:25.422 DC; 9.6
Impression of the tune;nice tune , But it loose speed in the corners , anyway I sttill liked it

@Motor City Hami
Lap time;1:23.875 DC; 10
Impression of the tune; Only one thing for me to say WAUOOO . It´s fast and stable out of corners. Verry Good Job

@MrGrado
Lap time; 1:25.340 DC; 9.0
Impression of the tune; It´s likes to spin out and very difficult to save it again ,gearbox could have been a little longer, but a good tune anyway

@Otaliema
Lap time; 1:24.373 DC; 10
Impression of the tune; Easy to drive and when you spin out it´s very easy to save again.. It´s avery very good tune.

@Pete05
Lap time;1:23.644 DC;9.4
Impression of the tune;It pretty fast but likes to oversteer ,but a little of the throttle and it over.
when you get to knowit it was fun to drive. Good Job

@Ridox2JZGTE
Lap time; 1:25.862 DC; 9.2
Impression of the tune; Touch the curbs or grass the car will spin you around and it impossible to save again.
it´s fast , acclerate good. good traction out of corners.. Nice Tune

@shaunm80
Lap time; 1:24.744 DC; 9.8
Impression of the tune; very stable , good handling, brakes good ( just tap the pedal)A little more speed would be good.
good grib in and out of corners .Really Good Job

@sinof1337
Lap time; 1:25.245 DC; 9.3
Impression of the tune; the 3 first laps went to figure out this car must say I never becomeone with it .
It´s fast brakes ok but it really likes to give you a spin so throttle control is needed. But Ialso have to say it was fun to drive... Good Job

@xande1959
Lap time; 1:25.029 DC; 9
Impression of the tune;It´s has alot of grib in the rear but missede that in the front. gearbox could be better, brakes ok . good job

Thanks to ALL you tuners for creating thies tunes. here is tunes for different driving styles.
You have all done a great job to this WSR
Thank YOU Soren for the time and enthusiasm you always put into these tests! :) Your times are stunning, as usual.
Glad you liked my tune. Great Job again. 👍

BrandsHatch 80's GP Lap Time
1 Motor City Hami 1:24.735 +00.000
2 Otaliema 1:25.106 +00.371
3 Pete05 1:25.241 +00.506
4 Bowtie-muscle 1:25.36 +00.624
5 DolHaus 1:25.369 +00.633

BrandsHatch 80's GP DC Score
1 Motor City Hami 10.00
2 Otaliema 10.00
3 Bowtie-Muscle 10.00
4 shaunm80 9.80
5 DolHaus 9.55

WSR BrandsHatch 80's GP
1:23.644; Pete05's tune Driven By Soren Jacquet

Most Consistent Shaunm80 3.229
Fastest Average Soren Jacquet 84.902

@Pete05 how do you want to decide the tie(s) for DC score? fastest lap or lap time podium rankings?

@DolHaus you went from 1.465 seconds back to 0.633 seconds back with one tester. So we will see what happens as more times come in.

I haven't tried the F3 at Madrid but I'd be amazed if a thorough fiddle with the gear & final drive ratios didn't produce a faster car.
I can't recall 100%, but I found it
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wsr-1983-ayrton-senna-super-lap-circuito-de-madrid.316743/

Do not do the transmission flip on this car. It completely robs it of all torque. 172 HP just isn't enough to pull 2nd and 3rd gears using the transmission flip.

I did a reverse transmission flip and the car accelerates much better.

Final gear 2.500
Max Speed 124 (do not change this again)
1st gear 4.550
2nd gear 3.000
3rd gear 2.260
4th gear 1.825
5th gear 1.550
Final gear 2.000

I got gold pretty easily using these transmission settings and the default suspension tune. The car currently is near topping out at the end of the straights, so as soon as I start tuning the suspension and pick up corner speeds, I may need to reset the trans. If I do get the car to over the rev limiter, I will start working the final gear starting point up 50 points at a time.

The default tune isn't bad. It has a bit of mid corner push and once you get some grunt out of 2nd gear, you can spin the outside rear tire on exit. I will start by lowering the LSD Accel a bit.[/QUOTE

Last edited:

1 Motor City Hami 10.00
2 Otaliema 10.00
3 Bowtie-Muscle 10.00
4 shaunm80 9.80
5 DolHaus 9.55

WSR BrandsHatch 80's GP

@Pete05 how do you want to decide the tie(s) for DC score? fastest lap or lap time podium rankings?

@DolHaus you went from 1.465 seconds back to 0.633 seconds back with one tester. So we will see what happens as more times come in.
It quit close

1 Motor City Hami 10.00
2 Otaliema 10.00
3 Bowtie-Muscle 10.00
4 shaunm80 9.80
5 DolHaus 9.55

WSR BrandsHatch 80's GP

I've been chewing on the question of scoring for a day or so and what to do in the eventuation of a tie. The chances of that happening to the 1000th of a second in lap time, while possible, are pretty remote. The chances of it happening for DC on the other hand are apparent already. Therefore, I propose that each testers results contribute towards a points table for the overall DC winner. If a tester awards an identical DC for more than 1 tune, for example 3 tunes, the next best DC score shall receive points for 4th.
As for the question of how to award points for lap times, as I see it, we have the options of fastest overall times regardless of tester, fastest average times regardless of tester or taking each individual testers results, awarding points for the placings and then combining all points scored into a table for an overall winner.
As this is the first time I've run a FITT comp & had to decide these things, the last thing I want to do is upset the apple cart & leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth, so, if the tuners & testers have an opinion they would like to share with us all, please do. I'm all ears.
That sounds like it was a fun little thing to do. I would've liked to take part but I'm not online.

I think I'll have to give Pete05's tune a try and see what's up with Soren. :mischievous:

He's the only other one of you guys on my friends list. We're pretty close, if I don't try too hard. :D
Have fun with it, I'm interested in any feedback you'd like to offer.

I will test please, if that's alright.

My best lap with my tune is 1:24.2 and looking at the data logger with my best two laps, ~1:23.8 is theoretically possible, so I think I might get that kind of time with the best tunes here, if they're a little bit faster than mine.
I appreciate the offer @MrGrado :) 👍
I have @Otaliema providing invaluable help to me with the things not possible from an iPhone so I'll ask him here & now if that's possible without scrambling post #2 on page #1 :confused:

I have @Otaliema providing invaluable help to me with the things not possible from an iPhone so I'll ask him here & now if that's possible without scrambling post #2 on page #1 :confused:
Otaliema shouldn't have a problem fitting another tester on to the score sheet. I asked him many a time to make changes to it and he was spot on with it. :) He is very good with these googlesheets.

Otaliema shouldn't have a problem fitting another tester on to the score sheet. I asked him many a time to make changes to it and he was spot on with it. :) He is very good with these googlesheets.
@Pete05 and @Otaliema - Can you check my lap time score in the googlesheet please. It appears to be a bit odd.. Many thanks :)
As someone without a PC and with so very little knowledge about these things, I'll refer this to @Otaliema to provide the answers.

I will test please, if that's alright.

My best lap with my tune is 1:24.2 and looking at the data logger with my best two laps, ~1:23.8 is theoretically possible, so I think I might get that kind of time with the best tunes here, if they're a little bit faster than mine.

adding him to sheet and posts is not an issue 👍

@Pete05 and @Otaliema - Can you check my lap time score in the googlesheet please. It appears to be a bit odd.. Many thanks :)
Good catch I didn't see that last night. Looks like a formula error I'll need to track that down. I'll see what I can do with it later. Helping my wife today with MS Access -_-

adding him to sheet and posts is not an issue 👍

Good catch I didn't see that last night. Looks like a formula error I'll need to track that down. I'll see what I can do with it later. Helping my wife today with MS Access -_-
Thank you @Otaliema that's good to know.
@MrGrado if you would still like to test, I'm more than happy to add you to the growing list of testers :) 👍

I've been chewing on the question of scoring for a day or so and what to do in the eventuation of a tie. The chances of that happening to the 1000th of a second in lap time, while possible, are pretty remote. The chances of it happening for DC on the other hand are apparent already. Therefore, I propose that each testers results contribute towards a points table for the overall DC winner. If a tester awards an identical DC for more than 1 tune, for example 3 tunes, the next best DC score shall receive points for 4th.
As for the question of how to award points for lap times, as I see it, we have the options of fastest overall times regardless of tester, fastest average times regardless of tester or taking each individual testers results, awarding points for the placings and then combining all points scored into a table for an overall winner.
As this is the first time I've run a FITT comp & had to decide these things, the last thing I want to do is upset the apple cart & leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth, so, if the tuners & testers have an opinion they would like to share with us all, please do. I'm all ears.

That sounds like it was a fun little thing to do. I would've liked to take part but I'm not online.

Have fun with it, I'm interested in any feedback you'd like to offer.

I would leave any decision until it needs making. As other testers scores come in, it'll split them up. Can't see every tester giving the same 3 cars a 10. Mine so far are already different.

@Pete05 @MrGrado @OdeFinn
scoring sheet updated and you have been added to the testers section. I look forward to your reviews 👍

@shaunm80 I corrected the display error with your lap time. You're showing at a 1:27.444 currently. All maths checked out. was a problem on the display of the minute conversion section showing three decimal places rather than zero.

@Pete05 @MrGrado @OdeFinn
scoring sheet updated and you have been added to the testers section. I look forward to your reviews 👍

@shaunm80 I corrected the display error with your lap time. You're showing at a 1:27.444 currently. All maths checked out. was a problem on the display of the minute conversion section showing three decimal places rather than zero.
My time is wrong @Otaliema, the time for me from Soren is wrong. :)

Back