F1 2009

• Thread starter Kakundoo
  • 35 comments
Hell yeh, I'm assuming nearly everyone on this part of the forum would buy it and equally be interested in a tournament. Can't wait for the game, it should be amazing.

Cant wait for it, and yes I would definitely be in for a championship.
This is by far my most eagerly anticipated game of this year, provided GT doesnt come out and leave me with the extremely stressful problem of deciding which to play the most. :lol:

It'll be interesting to see if it'll have online play that will be played by people all over the world against each other and not restricted to regions like F1CE. It'll be interesting to see what a true World Championship will be like. :D

It'll be interesting to see if it'll have online play that will be played by people all over the world against each other and not restricted to regions like F1CE. It'll be interesting to see what a true World Championship will be like. :D

What way was Grid? I'm pretty sure whatever that was like F1 will be the same, and I'm not sure but I think it was region locked sadly.

Possibly

For me , I rent first , then I buy if it's good.

No commitment as of yet until I try it.

I might get it if I can get the cash together.... ---- Randy

Most anticipated game of the year with high hopes? Yes.

Run and buy at release? No.

I will make sure it's not a letdown before purchase. I still have a headache from MotoGP 08. Good game but a big letdown nevertheless. If F1 2009 is not markedly better than F1CE I'll continue racing F1CE. I hope for it to be awsome though.

I'll definetely be getting F1 2009. Didn't get F1CE since I already had F106 on PC. I'm gonna get this game though.

Well if it handles anything like Grid then I would rather play Mario Kart on the Wii. Otherwise yep, I will be buying it, that is if I decide to get a PS3 :dopey:

Well if it handles anything like Grid then I would rather play Mario Kart on the Wii. Otherwise yep, I will be buying it, that is if I decide to get a PS3 :dopey:
Not only does fishfash have windconditions and tracktemperature in his version (and maybe some trafficpolice with lasers along the track) but he ALSO plays the game without a PS3! Now that's one helluva formula to become seriously fast it seems! :)

I will watch this one, but I won't be buying it on release, hopefully they'll give us a demo on the PSN store or something.
The lack of Montreal and to a lesser extent Magny-Cours will be a big shame unfortunately and I don't really look forward to racing at Valencia or Singapore.

As for a championship, :lol: I'm knackered enough after this second one in F1:CE, I doubt I'll be so willing so organise it again for a while at least. I'll certainly participate in someone elses' championship though. 👍

I will watch this one, but I won't be buying it on release, hopefully they'll give us a demo on the PSN store or something.
The lack of Montreal and to a lesser extent Magny-Cours will be a big shame unfortunately and I don't really look forward to racing at Valencia or Singapore.

As for a championship, :lol: I'm knackered enough after this second one in F1:CE, I doubt I'll be so willing so organise it again for a while at least. I'll certainly participate in someone elses' championship though. 👍

Depending on when it is released I'll have no problem organising it for you all. (Although not so sure about doing both NTSC and PAl if it is region locked, I think one championship is about all I could manage)

With regards to the track, yes your losing Magny-Cours and Montreal, but your gaining Spa and Abu Dahbi. Also Singapore looks like a brilliant track, although I agree with you on Valencia. :indiff:

Depending on when it is released I'll have no problem organising it for you all. (Although not so sure about doing both NTSC and PAl if it is region locked, I think one championship is about all I could manage)

With regards to the track, yes your losing Magny-Cours and Montreal, but your gaining Spa and Abu Dahbi. Also Singapore looks like a brilliant track, although I agree with you on Valencia. :indiff:

I think Valencia looks like a really fun lap, there's some tremendous flowing sections whereas Singapore is much more point and squirt, more of a traditional street circuit. I look forward to any new track though.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/74706

Computer games manufacturer Codemasters has revealed details of its officially licensed multi-format Formula 1 game to AUTOSPORT.

F1 2009 will be released in the autumn for the Nintendo Wii and Sony PSP, while a higher-spec F1 2010, with HD graphics and a more sophisticated gaming mode will be launched next year for the Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 3 and Windows.

The new game will be the first to feature world champion Lewis Hamilton, since the Briton had not reached grand prix level when F1's agreement with Sony came to an end in 2006.

F1 2009 will use all of this year's cars, teams and tracks - including the Singapore night race, the Valencia Marina Bay circuit and the new Abu Dhabi season finale. The game will also include KERS, slick tyres and the new aerodynamic regulations.

In-depth race simulators are rare on the Wii and the format does not lend itself easily to the concept, but Codemasters is convinced it can deliver promising 'new standards for immersion and authenticity' including a full season, individual arcade-style challenges and a multi-player format.

The PSP version will allow wireless multiplayer, while F1 2010 is expected to take full advantage of Xbox and PS3's thriving online gaming communities.

"Codemasters has a great heritage when it comes to racing games and their reputation is second to none," said F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone. "We're working very closely together on the upcoming Formula 1 titles and are very impressed with what we have seen."

Formula 1 world championship leader Jenson Button added: "F1 computer games and circuit simulations can be invaluable for racing drivers so it's great news that our fans will also be able to experience the BGP 001 through this game."

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/74706The new game will be the first to feature world champion Lewis Hamilton, since the Briton had not reached grand prix level when F1's agreement with Sony came to an end in 2006.
Yay! The only driver that was not in the 2006 version! Eh, except for a few insignificant others. Like that Vettel guy. Whatever.

Because everyone is just dying to run a car that has "Hamilton" plastered on it. He is after all a master of rain and all kinds of stuff. Except for this season of course when Vettel suddenly is branded master of rain.

How much more fickle can it get?

Every gamer I ever met cares for feel and not so much about nametags. But what do I know, I'm not in marketing (although I studied it plenty at Uni).

This kinda communication makes me worry that they don't understand what matters...

Lewis Hamilton is a massive marketing tool, simply too big to ignore. As much as I like Vettel, I prefer him over Lewis, Codies would be daft to go with Vettel and not Lewis.

Lewis Hamilton is a massive marketing tool, simply too big to ignore. As much as I like Vettel, I prefer him over Lewis, Codies would be daft to go with Vettel and not Lewis.
The game is coming out in 2010. Hamilton did great in 2008. It looks doubtful that he will even be near fighting for the title this year. So a year from now, if Codies are marching around shouting "Hamilton, Hamilton is in our game!" and he ends up midfield and tainted by liegate, it looks pretty stupid to me to be loud about a driver. And what if Hamilton quits F1 over liegate, how stupid would they look then? Not that I think that he will quit, but he did ponder his chances of racing in another series there for a while.

Be loud about the physics of the cars instead. No such foresight so far.

Last edited:
First off let me say that I am not talking about any one particular person with the following comments:

All products are marketed to the masses for the more they sell the more $ they make. If they can exploit the use of a "name" to make their product more appealing to the masses then it only makes sense that they do that. Just because somebody is voted/percieved the most popular doesn't mean everyone in the world likes them. As an example, I would expect Hamilton to be the least popular in Brazil but that doen't mean he isn't the most popular else where. Here in the US Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the most popular driver by far but that doesn't mean that everybody likes him or that everybody in world knows who he is.

The gaming world lives in the here and now with what they are programming. They cannot see into the future and see who is hot 6 months to year from now. I'm sure licensing contracts are involved also so they may not have many choices in who they have on the cover of, or featured in sporting games.

Just food for thought :)

Personally, even though I am English, I do not care for Hamilton, he won because he was given a good car. He gets given a bad one and look what happens.
For me, F1 2009 excites me because it should bring some new features to the game that makes it brilliant...and I can't wait to drive the Brawn car. I have been a fan of Button since the very beginning, so if anyone deserves it, he does.

I reckon I'm different than most people because I'm a brand person and I want good driver in the brands of vehicles I like :indiff: There are drivers that I would not want to be associated with because of their of the way they conduct themselves on and/or off the track. Drivers change vehicle/team/brand all the time so drivers that I pull for seem to change to coinside with what team/brand/vehicle that I like.

Wow all this talk about "branding", I could care less how the game is marketed myself. Just program the damn thing correctly, make the gameplay a rewarding experience and that's how you (the developer/publisher) are likely to get inside my wallet.

Back