F1 2010

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
Is this camera-man retarded? Why on earth would i even wanna watch a dude playing instead of game itself on screen?

F1 2010, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit and Gran Turismo 5; the three racing games I'm getting this year. Ladies and gentlemen, this is my year as a wheelman gamer.

F1 2010, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit and Gran Turismo 5; the three racing games I'm getting this year. Ladies and gentlemen, this is my year as a wheelman gamer.

Not to mention Test Drive Unlimited 2 and the new WRC game.

Will be in hibernation all winter.

Thank you for mentioning TDU2; I was waiting for that as well. I gotta tear up Hawaii's mountain roads like in the first game. WRC 2010? I might have to pass this one because it's by Milestone.

The F1 Championship Edition was a screw-up because it lacks 1080p. F1 2010 will have 1080p on the 360, but not sure on the PS3. I hope F1 2010 is just as good as Race Driver: GRID because I really need a F1 game that uses the same game engine for their new racing games. If so, this F1 game will be the best of the decade.

Thank you for mentioning TDU2; I was waiting for that as well. I gotta tear up Hawaii's mountain roads like in the first game. WRC 2010? I might have to pass this one because it's by Milestone.

You should poke around on GTP for the threads on early vids/screenshots for WRC - Milestone/Black Bean are doing a great job on it - I've already decided to buy.

TDU is a big pass for me; I have zero interest in playing for "attitude" or "lifestyle" and I know which way to wear a baseball cap. There are too many good racers this year (GT5, F1 2010, WRC, SBK X and even Modnation) to waste time on second-tier bling-bling junk stuff. In fact, it's racer overload after a long dry spell waiting; although thank God for Dirt2.

The F1 Championship Edition was a screw-up because it lacks 1080p. F1 2010 will have 1080p on the 360, but not sure on the PS3. I hope F1 2010 is just as good as Race Driver: GRID because I really need a F1 game that uses the same game engine for their new racing games. If so, this F1 game will be the best of the decade.

Does the XBox support 1080p? I imagine if the XBox gets it, so will the PS3.

Speaking of Codemasters, any news on Grid 2?

The F1 Championship Edition was a screw-up because it lacks 1080p. F1 2010 will have 1080p on the 360, but not sure on the PS3.

:lol: So upscaled 1080p = better game than anything in 720p? Nice

This game is looking very nice. I still enjoy F1CE from time to time but have been longing for an updated F1 game. Hopefully this will live up to the Studio Liverpool F1 games. Problem with GT5 just around the corner....I may be giving this a pass unfortunately. Depends on what other games are out around the time of release, looks to be a jam packed 6 months end of this year/early next :scared:

I knew you're going to say upscaled, but hell, that's what the 360 naturally does. The PS3 doesn't even upscale all games and most PS3 games run in 720p.

@Voltaic
There is no Race Driver: GRID 2 as of now.

@JimInPT
I looked at their screenshots on IGN and I'm still not amused. The graphics of their WRC game still feels like from Superstars V8 Racing. Believe me, it is the same game engine as before. If Milestone S.R.L. would have still make the Superbike series for EA Sports, Black Bean Games wouldn't have acquire Milestone and ruin their reputation. I played Superbike 2000 and this is the only best SBK Championship racing game I played.

Absolutely stunning graphics, however vehicle sound could be a bit better. I hope they make sound different for every different car, even if they have the same engines.

The physics, looks easy to drive. Hopefully it's not so easy, and it's more on the sim side that arcade.

I knew you're going to say upscaled, but hell, that's what the 360 naturally does. The PS3 doesn't even upscale all games and most PS3 games run in 720p.

If you have a poor upscaler on your TV or you have one of those ancient and rare TV's that won't accept 720p then 360 hardware upscale is beneficial.

You seem to think 360 has 1080p games or this 1080p upscale brings more detail.

Most 360/PS3 games are 720p native or less.

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

All the 360 is doing is enlarging the 720p image to fit your 1920x1080 set. Most HDTVs upscale 720p automatically and the result is exactly the same as what the 360 does. The 360 can do it but so can HDTVs since 2006.

When the 360 launched it was perhaps beneficial to have the 360 upscale as 2005 there was still some TVs that had poor upscale or would not upscale 720p.

Yeah, I was wrong this time. My HDTV and my 360 can upscale 720p games to 1080p while my PS3 doesn't. As I remember right, the PS3 can only upscale movies to 1080p. According to its 360 game list on the thread you linked, some have 4xAA, some have 2xAA and few have no anti-aliasing. The PS3 has most games run with no anti-aliasing. As you said before, upscaling doesn't bring enough detail and you're right. Seriously, I don't know much about electronics as you do, but thanks for the lecture.

@Sureboss

Well, we have to wait and see. I always wanted the new Race Driver: Grid installment.

I hope F1 2010 is just as good as Race Driver: GRID because I really need a F1 game that uses the same game engine for their new racing games. If so, this F1 game will be the best of the decade.

:ill:

If F1 2010 resembles GRiD in any way, shape, or form (I'm not talking about features, I mean the physics and the overall ridiculousness) it'll get broken into pieces just as GRiD did.

I love arcade racers and having fun, but that crap was just...despicable.

Oh, it won't. I mean I like Race Driver: Grid's physics, but I don't want that in F1 2010. I want it good as Race Driver: Grid in terms of review scores by critics.

Oh, it won't. I mean I like Race Driver: Grid's physics, but I don't want that in F1 2010. I want it good as Race Driver: Grid in terms of review scores by critics.

*Wipes head*

Oh, good. You scared the crap out of me for a good minute. :lol:

Back