F1 2010

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
The way Andy spoke about it and particularly in relation to F1CE, I think we can expect a really good game. It should be well polished too, as he was saying it's just about to go off for an early submission.

I can't wait for it.

I am expecting this to really be something special. I really hope the handling/physics is up to the challenge of making everyone happy, the graphics look good, the content is there, the career mode sounds incredible, everything rests on the physics but whereas we can be told about the other things, the physics we have to experience.

Yeah, the guys went off to look at the latest dev diary on Friday whilst I was there (I daren't ask, "Can I have a look?", though probably should have), so presume that'll be out fairly soon.

F1_2010_E3_Screenshots_Montreal_0061.jpg.jpg

F1_2010_E3_Screenshots_Montreal_0039.jpg.jpg

F1_2010_E3_Screenshots_Montreal_0070.jpg.jpg

F1_2010_E3_Screenshots_Montreal_0058.jpg.jpg

F1_2010_E3_Screenshots_Montreal_0020.jpg.jpg

F1_2010_E3_Screenshots_Montreal_0088.jpg.jpg

Seems like the bloom effect is gone. It looks sensational with all the water on the cars and wings but i really hope the F1 driver can push codemasters in the right direction with this game. Although i´m not expecting it to handle like GT5. Wich in turn doesn´t handle like Iracing.

I´m gonna buy this game either way because i´m an F1 addict and i want to see just how far they have come since F1 2009.

Looking great...I'm really looking forward this game :)

Let's just hope the handling is fine too:tup:

Well, Davidson goes in every week to test it and give feedback for improvement, so you'd hope it would handle well. I have no doubts, myself. :P

Wow, that's looking really good. If I was being super picky I'd say the puddles were a bit angular. But it's just a still shot. Really, I'm impressed they have puddles at all, and at 250kmh I'm not going to be picking apart the puddle shapes.

Everything else looks fantastic. They've managed to really go above and beyond there. I think I'm most impressed with the look of the tyres. Something about the lighting on them makes them just look...right.

I wonder if we will be able to use the 2009 cars as they obviously have them already modeled?

I'm sure I read in an interview that they are not allowed to use them. No idea what kind of licensing deal they have.

I'm sure I read in an interview that they are not allowed to use them. No idea what kind of licensing deal they have.

Correct. A friend of mine is working on this game and he says they started with the 2009 cars so they could start work on the game earlier. Otherwise they would have to have waited until they got the all-clear for using the 2010 cars.

Well that 'button mashing' is present in several other videos. F1 CE looks no where near that bad with the controller.

Inside sim racing will have a hands on preview and some demo footage to show before the weekend. So I'll be holding out to watch that before I get too concerned ;)

Well that 'button mashing' is present in several other videos. F1 CE looks no where near that bad with the controller.

Even though it's the most pointless thing to moan about in a game...

Andy Gray said in an interview with one of the Sim Racing sites a week or three ago that they were still working on pad support for the game. Given, a) it's not a master build, b) it's not a master build and c) it's completely trivial even if it's like that in the master build.

Given that's the only flaw you've found...

Andy Gray said in an interview with one of the Sim Racing sites a week or three ago that they were still working on pad support for the game. Given, a) it's not a master build, b) it's not a master build and c) it's completely trivial even if it's like that in the master build.

It is still fair commentary though, I mean it's SOOO apparent. That being said, you're right in that, even if it is not cleaned up for the final build, if it has zero correlation to the gameplay/handling experience "big deal." 👍 But jeesh it is distracting ;).

Oh, so what I said was 'pointless'? Cheers, 'good point' 👎

And if it is really so 'completely trivial' then why is everyone up in arms about it over in the CM forums? Clearly i'm not alone in thinking it's a pretty big problem in a next-gen racing game with sim pretentions. The steering wheel turning in sudden 45 degree angles is one thing, but if you watch the wheels themselves, they carry on turning even after the driver has already had the steering wheel at full lock. Visually, it is appalling.

If it's corrected in time for the final release, then all is well, but if it's not I don't think it's something that you can dismiss as casually as you have. I will be using a g25 so hopefully it won't affect wheel users, but if it did, I wouldn't be buying this game. It looks that stupid and out of place in a supposedly simulation based racing game.

I'm sorry but anyone who expects perfect integration of button mashing with wheel animation is deluded, of course it won't look realistic, that's why simmers use a wheel as it's an input no an I/O button.

Oh, so what I said was 'pointless'? Cheers, 'good point' 👎

And if it is really so 'completely trivial' then why is everyone up in arms about it over in the CM forums? Clearly i'm not alone in thinking it's a pretty big problem in a next-gen racing game with sim pretentions. The steering wheel turning in sudden 45 degree angles is one thing, but if you watch the wheels themselves, they carry on turning even after the driver has already had the steering wheel at full lock. Visually, it is appalling.

If it's corrected in time for the final release, then all is well, but if it's not I don't think it's something that you can dismiss as casually as you have. I will be using a g25 so hopefully it won't affect wheel users, but if it did, I wouldn't be buying this game. It looks that stupid and out of place in a supposedly simulation based racing game.

Have you seen the latest vids, when someone who knows what they are doing gets hold of the pad the effects are nowhere near as bad.

I'm sorry but anyone who expects perfect integration of button mashing with wheel animation is deluded, of course it won't look realistic, that's why simmers use a wheel as it's an input no an I/O button.

Did I say I expected it to be perfect? No of course I don't, but it could be vastly improved, and Steve Hood has acknowledged and agreed that it's a problem that they will work on to fix.

Back