F1 2010

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
Man, I love this game. Today I was involved in 2 gtp-public game podium lockouts. I also love dynamic weather.

Yay I had my first win today. Valencia

Career mode Torro Rosso, 40% distance, all aids off, professional AI (Time to step up to Legendery i think :nervous:)

Anyway what a race, this was my second try at this I ran out of fuel the first time, thanks for the advice guys 👍 (patch thread).

Started from 7th, running second after 2 laps. I got passed Hamilton on lap three and quickly opened up a 5 second gap.

The gap stayed the same until my pit stop on lap 7. Hamilton pitted at the same time and after the stops I was leading by 3 seconds. I managed to open the gap back to 5 seconds by lap 10. I then turned the engine map down to normal for 7 laps and managed to maintain the gap at 5 seconds.

My engineer then gets on the radio and tells me Hamilton is on it and has just set the fastest lap of the race, he's closing, down to 3 seconds with 6 laps to go.

I up the engine back to fast praying to myself please just don't run out of fuel. All's fine for 3 laps then yellow fuel light comes on. Engine map back to normal, i've got 3 laps left and a 4-5 second gap surely I can hold him off.

Start of last lap the red fuel light comes on (oh no please not again). In the last sector now, still 3 seconds ahead I'm sure i've got the win. Second last corner right hander just before the braking point the engine starts to splutter and surge, fuels gone.

I round the last corner and I can see Hamilton now behind me :nervous:. Cross the finish line engine stuttering 0.1 seconds ahead of Hamilton. Yay I've done it my first win, albeit a very nervous one at that.

I know this game has it's faults but I must say I am enjoying it.

Last edited:
Valencia is way more fun than it looks on the telly. Even if I haven't found consistent braking points yet.

I am really starting to like this game, I have a poor first 12 races and was only 6th in drivers, so I decided to start again, im leading both champs and Adrian sutil is upset Im smashing him.
The force india is an amazing car I tried the
williams, = DOG, hispania, laughable,

I have been offered contract for sauber and williams, however williams is a DOG,
how is the Sauber?

If I win all races, will I get contracts from all the teams? or do I need to answer questions a little negative towards my current team to get them to notice me?

if anyone needs help with Force India Tuning I can help I spent 1 HR per race getting it right id be happy to help.

also everyone keeps biatching about punctures, the only time I get them is when I max the camber out. I bet its the same for you, I never run max camber except for monaco and monza I run almost full front camber.
So reduce the camber and happy racing.

and the pit bug, just adjust your strategy, you don't even have to to just stay out for another lap, the engineer keeps saying pit pit pit, but ohh well. and when I pit I have manual pit box, so I can brake/ go when I want.
:P

favorite track is Germany hockenheim even tho is a small track there are some awesome double apex/ high speed corners that make it so fun.

I also see on a lot of online vids I see everyone changing gear as soon as that red bar appears on the tachometer, this is just the start of the power ban guys, its about 15000 RPM at that point, go all the way to the end of the tachometer, its much faster. its code masters fault really, for doing that, even when you are in the cockpit view looking at the wheel, all the lights are on at 15K RPM, then as you keep going the lights flash in a group, after 4 or 5 flashes its at 18K RPM. it should be changed to be like in real life the last LED on the wheel lights up at 17800 RPM, then they all flash as a group to indicate 17999 RPM, then limiter.
That's one thing I am disappointed for is for Anthony Davidson to be there and for all these little nuisances to be missed is testimony Anthony Davidson, was just hired for publicity, "look we have a F1 driver here. you can all relax now and just everyone buy it on launch day. so that once bought we all go Ohh crap"

I had originally borrowed this game from the library, and had returned it, but bought it when the patch was released.

I started a new 5 year career, and chose Torro Rosso to start with (had HRT, Virgin, Lotus, Torro Rosso and Sauber to choose from). Using short race weekend, 50% race distance, and my only aid is the driving line on corners and racing against legendary AI.

First race at Bahrain and I had to qualify 15th and finish 12th. Qualified 7th. Started the race on the harder of the 2 tyres so was stopping on lap 17 of the 25 lap race. I lost a few places at the start, but gained a few back by overtaking Petrov and Rosberg, amongst others, and was in 7th chasing Button. All the leaders, except Alonso pitted on lap 9, so moved up to 2nd. Alonso pitted on lap 10 giving me the lead with a gap of around 5 seconds or so to Webber. I kept that gap for a while, but he got past me when I ran wide. Lost another place to Alonso a few laps later. Holding 3rd when I pitted, and came back out in 5th, still chasing Button, so we had both gained 2 places from where we were before the pit stops. Held 5th to the end. I had to let Button go (I don't think I would have been able to pass him anyway) as my fuel was getting low, but had a gap to Rosberg behind me. Fuel ran out half way down the straight before the last corner, but had enough of a gap to keep Rosberg at bay.

All in all a great race and a great game. 👍

It could probably do with a higher difficulty level, but it's not far away from where it should be.

I haven't worked out all the new twiddly bits at Bahrain yet. I should be fine everywhere else. Except Valencia. And Abu Dhabi. And Korea. But apart from them, I'll be fine.

Abh Dhabi is weird, I don't like it. Korea is good fun, even if the 3 long straights after each get a bit monotonous.

Still, use your eyes to judge the corners!

Back section of Bahrain is very bumpy, I quite like it, but the track is quite naff.

Valencia is way more fun than it looks on the telly. Even if I haven't found consistent braking points yet.

Valencia is way more fun than I imagined. It just flows so well. Some of the braking points I have:
For the first sharp turn, exactly in between the last 2 100-50 meter boards.
For the sharp left: In between the last 2 boards again.
Before bridge: 100m board.
1st long straight: a little before the 100m board.
2nd straight, 100m board.
Last corner is all feeling. Not too hard. I love that track. Haven't had the other new ones yet but I think I'll like them all. Few tracks I don't like. Only Catalunya.

Abh Dhabi is weird, I don't like it. Korea is good fun, even if the 3 long straights after each get a bit monotonous.

Still, use your eyes to judge the corners!

Back section of Bahrain is very bumpy, I quite like it, but the track is quite naff.

Bahrain is an amazing track in terms of sheer fun, but who was the retard to decide they needed that awful new 2nd sector? The old track was so much better, I just hate that new track bit :ouch:

I still loathe Abu Dhabi after a couple of on-line races there this afternoon. No flow at all, just too many slow corners.

I think Valencia is really good, and was surprised because I usually hate street circuits. I'm not a fan of Monaco, mainly because I can't drive it.

Monaco is spoilt by the poor frame rates on the PS3 version at least. For the true street circuit challenge I recommend Marina Bay, that circuit is just daunting, but in a great way.

I like the new update. Everything moves much faster besides the loading screens. For my game, cars also look nicer & the game looks to be running smoother.

Monaco is spoilt by the poor frame rates on the PS3 version at least. For the true street circuit challenge I recommend Marina Bay, that circuit is just daunting, but in a great way.

I just can't get in to it. Maybe it's the lighting, but it doesn't feel like a street circuit.

I just can't get in to it. Maybe it's the lighting, but it doesn't feel like a street circuit.

Do you play a console version? Incase you play the PC version, search for the realistic sun mod and Monaco looks absolutely fantastic. I think I enjoy Monaco the most. It is such a tight and unforgiving track, but when you nail every single corner lap after lap it is an amazing racing game experience.

Ran a small GP with the RedBull (Webber) at Sahkir(?). Time to up the difficulty to Legendary. Was blitzing Alonso's (2nd place) qualifying times by 3-4 seconds. 👎

There is a patch for the console? Or did I just misread something further up? I've got it on ps3, but have not played in two
weeks.

LSX
There is a patch for the console? Or did I just misread something further up? I've got it on ps3, but have not played in two
weeks.

PS3 and PC have patches out now. None for X360 yet.

Some people seem unhappy with the patches though. I have not had the chance to try the PC one yet sadly.

Do you play a console version? Incase you play the PC version, search for the realistic sun mod and Monaco looks absolutely fantastic. I think I enjoy Monaco the most. It is such a tight and unforgiving track, but when you nail every single corner lap after lap it is an amazing racing game experience.

PS3, but I meant the lighting at Abu Dhabi was weird due to the time of day.

If you backed your corrupt data on a flash drive or something similar you can just copy and paste it into the save game data and start the game when it's patched, being able to do that saved me from turning the game into a $60 Frisbee.

Ran a small GP with the RedBull (Webber) at Sahkir(?). Time to up the difficulty to Legendary. Was blitzing Alonso's (2nd place) qualifying times by 3-4 seconds. 👎

Are you using any kind of driving aids? What about tyre and ful simulation - are the ON?

Shame about this - shouldn't be happening.

Back