F1 2010

• Thread starter MS7XWDC
  • 2,099 comments
Are you using any kind of driving aids? What about tyre and ful simulation - are the ON?

Shame about this - shouldn't be happening.
I keep all the simulation on. Was running medium TCS, then ran with it off. Was still able to put a close 1-1.5 seconds on 2nd.

What were your lap times? You could have just been extremley good.

At Melbourne I was driving with the simulations on and in the changing wet conditions I was closing in on leader Alonso by 3-5 seconds per lap :ill:

(And yes, he had pitted for inters)

Wow, having only 90 degrees on the G27 feels really wierd...

Is there any way on the PS3 to get more lock on the wheel? My game arrived today, enjoying it a lot, but the lack of rotation on the wheel makes me do funny things.

Yeah, the ai are terrible in the wet.

Thts not always true. I was at China and it started pouring like I have never seen before. In real life it would have ended ewarly with half points. Anyway I obviously changed to full wets but had absolutley no grip. I was puching as hard as I could without spinning, but was lapping around 5 seconds slower than the a.i. Was lapped several times by every car and they seemed to be unaffected completley. Now this was before the patch and ironically my race ended when I was running in 18 (everyone lower retired) and made a pitstop and was stuck on lap 47/55 or so. I waited about 30 mins for the a.i. to finish and took 18th just for the objective haha.

Online punters wind me up so much when you get stuck in a gravel pit and take a good 20 seconds to get out:( does anyone have the gold trophy yetfor level 50? I am playing online to get towards that but I keep getting hit.

For some odd reason the game has suddenly become incredibly boring to play. Raced my first race in patch 1.01 yesterday but quit halfway through the race because I was just bored. :(

Guess I've seen it all in my first season. Think I'll turn down the race distance from 50% to 30% to make them shorter.

For some odd reason the game has suddenly become incredibly boring to play. Raced my first race in patch 1.01 yesterday but quit halfway through the race because I was just bored. :(

Guess I've seen it all in my first season. Think I'll turn down the race distance from 50% to 30% to make them shorter.

could it be because you're getting bored of offline single player campaigns in racing games altogether? I would understand completely, as the same thing is happening to me. Only with you, you at least raced some of the single player career mode.....I haven't touched it once since getting the game. It's been all online for me.

Same. Hopefully shorter races will make the pits & that more interesting.

when playing on the monaco track, in sector 3 it almost looks like only half of the picture can follow. i can hardly see where i'm going and it's mostly the wrong way.
i also noticed this in the last corner of the china track. don't know if anyone else has this as well, it's pretty annoying

when playing on the monaco track, in sector 3 it almost looks like only half of the picture can follow. i can hardly see where i'm going and it's mostly the wrong way.
i also noticed this in the last corner of the china track. don't know if anyone else has this as well, it's pretty annoying

Turns 15 and 16 i notice the frame rate gets all screwed up and funny thing is i did not notice this before the upgrade .
Mess's with your eyes .

Mark this down for when 2011 is released:
http://community.codemasters.com/fo...-f1-2011-eurogamer-article-6.html#post6725467

T4RG4
F1 2010 Chief Games Designer

I read almost everything. I spend a load of time reading this forum because your views are important to not only myself, but the team. RadMonkey has said as much and both he and Helios bring countless threads to our attention.

However, it's all well and good thinking you can suggest X,Y,Z because we'll have forgotten about it or not realised how important it is but I assure you this is not the case. Even for the split-times (yes, really). The problem is we have all the knowledge, the understanding of why X can only be blue or red, why something cannot make it into the game and why another feature ends up as it does and you guys do not. That makes direct and detailed communication over something next to impossible. More often than not we cannot (for a number of reasons) share the reasoning behind all of this which makes it impossible for anyone not tied to Codemasters to be involved in all aspects of the design and planning. That's not to say we don't take opinion from the forums, twitter and elsewhere. We do.

FWIW I share many of the same opinions as expressed here (in terms of content and focus) so your point of view is most definitely represented within the team and I assure you that if any of you meet myself or other team members you'll start to realise I'm not making it all up or out to make a quick buck :)

If the various engine/gameplay and graphical issues are successfully resolved then we will know the design department does hold fair sway at CM. If they are not, then we'll know management/marketing is truly driven by sales and much less so in reproducing "realistic" F1 racing.

Turns 15 and 16 i notice the frame rate gets all screwed up and funny thing is i did not notice this before the upgrade .
Mess's with your eyes .
i only have this game for a good week so i only played the current upgrade

Seems much better after the update, I can ride curbs hard, and even in two races not have a tire go down on me. Most importantly though, the framerate it pretty steady, not tripping all the way down the main straight. And pitsops! Wooo! I can get in and out no problem now, its great. Still though, the pit limit being on until you clear the blend line is annoying, you should pass the blue line and go. Oh well.

i just don't get it sometimes, just now i was racing in 1st place with webber trailing by 7 sec.
i pit in and get out in 5th, no prob there, but in lap 15 when i'm 2nd, i noticed webber pitted already and he's 10 sec ahead of me and i didn't make one mistake.
am i doing something wrong going in the pit? cause i don't wanna break any speed limits

I wish my PC could run the graphical mods for this game, this looks very good:

I think I'll try this shakycam one though:

So I bought the game off of Steam since it was on sale this weekend for $26 which seemed good enough. It was far cheaper then used console versions, plus I think it looks prettier on my computer.

The game is...well it's not what I thought. It's nothing like Grid which is what I was assuming it would be, just with F1 cars. Also I don't really know much about F1 other then it bores me to tears while I try to watch it on TV, but this is a game and therefore completely different.

I am running with aids on and have the AI set to the easiest setting, even then I'm still having issues with trying to overtake anyone. I can't seem to get a clear shot to pass someone and when I do I either bump into them or they bump into me causing a penalty. I'm beginning to hate the race stewards. Although I think I might be perfected the spin move without getting penalised so I fight my way to the front by spinning out cars on the corner, which has some entertainment to it.

Honestly I don't think I'm going to really be won over with this game like I was with Grid, but I think I can have a bit of enjoyment out of it and race a couple seasons. If any thing it will keep my race itch scratched until GT5 comes out.

So I bought the game off of Steam since it was on sale this weekend for $26 which seemed good enough. It was far cheaper then used console versions, plus I think it looks prettier on my computer.

The game is...well it's not what I thought. It's nothing like Grid which is what I was assuming it would be, just with F1 cars. Also I don't really know much about F1 other then it bores me to tears while I try to watch it on TV, but this is a game and therefore completely different.

I am running with aids on and have the AI set to the easiest setting, even then I'm still having issues with trying to overtake anyone. I can't seem to get a clear shot to pass someone and when I do I either bump into them or they bump into me causing a penalty. I'm beginning to hate the race stewards. Although I think I might be perfected the spin move without getting penalised so I fight my way to the front by spinning out cars on the corner, which has some entertainment to it.

Honestly I don't think I'm going to really be won over with this game like I was with Grid, but I think I can have a bit of enjoyment out of it and race a couple seasons. If any thing it will keep my race itch scratched until GT5 comes out.

How in the world were you won over with GRiD?

WTF, Joey? :lol:

Grid was a good game, it's pretty much what I like and was really entertaining. Plus when you ran into crap the car exploded and I find that awesome.

I'm not a serious racer, nor really a serious game. I want to be entertained, nothing more.

Grid was a good game, it's pretty much what I like and was really entertaining. Plus when you ran into crap the car exploded and I find that awesome.

I'm not a serious racer, nor really a serious game. I want to be entertained, nothing more.

Can't argue with this, and explosions are awesome.

It just annoyed the ever-living piss out of me.

I just had a weird race that wound up with me scoring a point in a Virgin. It was in Bahrain and I was running 14th when there was suddenly a caution, apparently 3 cars ahead of me were totaled and Webber must have gotten caught up in it as well as he was extremely slow resulting in me passing him.

Worst part is that now they expect me to finish 12th in Australia, which is my worst track.:nervous:

Just finished 11th at Shanghai in the Lotus. Good fun, massive moment in the long-right leading on to the long, long, long straight, but just about held it. A massive 30 odd seconds behind 10th though.

Spain up next. Oh joy.

Back