F1 2011

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 875 comments
I don't have the game, but I would presume it follows the real life F1 colouring system and purple means fastest of the grand prix, green is faster then the driver ahead of you and in qualifying a personal best, this could be wrong though....

Thats right, and I beleive purple is session best.

double post :dunce:

Just a video of 130R flat

Not sure if I've missed anything but its no aids, no tc using a stock Ferrari in TT and a race, tyre sim is on. I also tested on the lowest downforce setting and still no probs. Apologies if I've missed something as I haven't been following the thread on codies or Team VVV's video in great detail and just started playing the game today. No mods or anything.

From watching the VVV vids, sound like you have everything spot on. So maybe it is a wheel calibration issue or possibly even the fact VVV was using a "for review" copy. Dunno.

Your running the PC code right? VVV was testing with the PS3 code I believe.

The thing about that video though is that the driver is not using DRS or KERS on that straight, which is what you would be doing in a real time trial or racing situation.

From watching the VVV vids, sound like you have everything spot on. So maybe it is a wheel calibration issue or possibly even the fact VVV was using a "for review" copy. Dunno.

Your running the PC code right? VVV was testing with the PS3 code I believe.

Pull harder on the wheel :sly:

Good to know it can be done, thanks for posting.

Indeed, rain tyres should last around 15 or 16 laps, I guess. No need to pit at all since rain races don't require you to change your tyres to a different compound.

Last edited:
No tire rule during wet race. Not sure what the tire wear was, but suppose it can be done without a stop.

What happens if it stops raining mid race and the tracks starts drying - does that change the rules so you would have to change tyres or does it still count as a wet race all the way through? (not sure if the weather changes in a 20% race)

What happens if it stops raining mid race and the tracks starts drying - does that change the rules so you would have to change tyres or does it still count as a wet race all the way through? (not sure if the weather changes in a 20% race)

It does but no, that doesn't mean that you have to pit. However, rain tyres will start degrading extremely fast.

Believe if track dries out teams are entitled to finish the race with which ever tires they like. Obviously changing off the rain tires would be what to do unless only a few laps to go. Still no need to use both option and prime I believe.

Just had a race where qualifying was wet, but race was dry. So all teams get to choose what tires to start the race on. Top 10 is not going to be forced to start on their qualifying 3 tires(intermediates) like they normally have to. Tire rule applies cause race is dry. Just another scenario you might run into.

Last edited:
Ok,cheers for the info - dammit,i was in a battle for 15th with Kobayashi and Rubens - but i finished in 21st just behind my teammate Trulli cos i pitted.

Ok,cheers for the info - dammit,i was in a battle for 15th with Kobayashi and Rubens - but i finished in 21st just behind my teammate Trulli cos i pitted.

Strategy is very important. Especially when there is rain involved during the race. Oh, and depending when a safety car comes out could definitely make or break your race finish. I always try to have a strategy thought up before race if there is a chance of rain.👍

Anyone know how well the slick tires do on a damp or wet race track? Just wondering. Haven't had it rain yet while out on track during a race. I think the slick tires in 2010 weren't affected too much. I have a feeling 2011 will be quite the opposite. Just looking for confirmation on this.

IRL (dunno if the game simulates it) race control will declare the track dry if they consider it dry enough, by then you would inevitably have to change to dry anyways, so the rule is in practice but ineffecitive.

Anyone know how well the slick tires do on a damp or wet race track? Just wondering. Haven't had it rain yet while out on track during a race. I think the slick tires in 2010 weren't affected too much. I have a feeling 2011 will be quite the opposite. Just looking for confirmation on this.

had a slight shower in practice, I was 10 second slower on slick and it wasn't even fully wet yet, it then became pretty undrivable (4th gear power oversteer at 200kph!) when it became truely wet.

I played 2010 a lot (about 17 seasons on 50% race length). I loved the game and found the glitches not so much a bother. I picked up 2011 at midnight and started a career. I'm now up to race 6 I think it is, Canada and 5th in points with the Williams. So far, I am disappointed :guilty

If I use my wheel settings from 2010, the car is undriveable, even on the straights. I reconfigured the wheel to be driveable,however, the car set ups from 2010 don't work at all in the same car in 2011. Why would all this change so dramatically ?

On the PS3, the graphics (to me) have taken a step backwards. While my car and cars around me look great, any car more than 8 car lengths ahead are sparkly, hard to see and unrecognizable.

I thought that the handling physics in 2010 were pretty good, not that they couldn't be improved. To me it seems like they started from scratch and completely redesigned the handling physics. Some aspects seem better but the FFB and feel of the front end doesn't feel realistic to me. I feel the front grip and lose grip repeatedly through a corner regardless of speed. Not realistic to me.

I personally don't like it when a games entertainment value is governed so totally by ones ability to stumble upon the exact recipe required for configuring a wheel. Why anyone would design a game where the car cannot be driven down the straight at all (without proper settings) is just wasting our time. My time would be better spent racing instead of trying to decipher the secret of getting the car to go straight :)

I am a die-hard F1 fan and have owned every racing game ever made (560 hrs on my F1 CE game save) for any PS system so I'm sure I'll come to grips with it, but still was expecting a better game than 2010.

I have played the game for about 20 minutes and these are the things I have noticed

1) The cars feel less stiff 👍

2) Cockpit view is actually useable 👍

3) I don't really like the new engineer he just sounds so dull compared to Rob 👎

4) IMO Abu Dhabi looks worse this year for the following reasons
No time change

If the circuit lights and hotel weren't lit up you would never know It was at sunset

And the fact that you can only race round at nighttime in time trial mode 👎

But overall for now I'm happy I bought it 👍

Just did a 20% full wet race at Singapore in my career - can someone tell me why not one AI pitted all race?? :yuck:

I did a 50% race on Mutliplayer co-op with my mate and after 20+ laps in the rain they STILL never pitted, we were both 1 and 2 and tires went away after lap 12-13 and it put us in the back. I was so fired up, after being fastest in P3 and qualy... All that work for nothing, there is no way they went 22 laps on the inters...

I hope they get this fixed or there is no point in wasting time doing everything.

Wow this game is hard

I'm running my first season on expert with professional AI and I barely made the Qualifying objective. Although I beat the finishing position by 6 positions.

Loving this game! Trying to have a break but it's hard to stop playing :D

I did a 50% race on Mutliplayer co-op with my mate and after 20+ laps in the rain they STILL never pitted, we were both 1 and 2 and tires went away after lap 12-13 and it put us in the back. I was so fired up, after being fastest in P3 and qualy... All that work for nothing, there is no way they went 22 laps on the inters...

I hope they get this fixed or there is no point in wasting time doing everything.

Really? I did a 50% career race and they pitted for me.

Back