F1: 2014 on PS4/Xbox One/PC

• Thread starter 0zzy
  • 515 comments
Yeah I really don't see the issue here. If you would rather wait until October and have all of the proper cars, wait until then and buy it? It's not as if they're conning us out of money, we will still get the end product.

one thing (I believe) no one has mentioned is that with this release plan: it seems like we will have at least two full, independent seasons for the start of a career. Start your career in 2014 and move into 2015 when your rookie season is over.

Are they using a new engine or are they using the awful Ego engine on nxt-gen as well?
I think it will be a new engine

Looking good

image.jpg

image.jpg

Do you think that the extra detail on the crane will mean that they will work in F1 2015? Or do you think it is just for graphical improvements?

Hopefully they keep the old F1 cars in game. Altough I am not a fan of DLC's or microtransactions in already expensive games - in this case I could happily pay few euros for those 70's and 80's monsters. Modern F1 cars may look shiny but they sound just awful! I am missing a F1 game, because when my PS3 broke down I haven't got chance to play one (and I miss GT too, of course).

What? Why would you want working cranes in an F1 game? Pretty sure theres a crane simulator for that somewhere.
The resources that would have to go into making it operational wouldn't be worth the pay-off of seeing it work in-game. But if you retired, a cut-scene showing you walking away as the crane picks up the car might be nice. Of course, there would have to be other cut-scenes to make it work - the marshals pushing your car into a gap, the tractor digging your car out of the gravel trap, or the team getting the rolling jacks out.

I just thought I'd say that I give big kudo's to all you guys who play the F1 games properly. I just find them far too full-on and 10/10ths for my skill set

I don't mind having a brief fling with an F1 car in GT or Forza, but I've never been able to give a proper F1 game any kind of good effort

Once again, kudo's to those that do :)

If the game is as good as it is described in this article I'll be more than happy. Can't wait for the new tire model and physics. And actually speaking with your engineer sounds awesome :D

Yeah but I think 60 fps is more important than ultra graphics when racing. You don't notice much of the environment when moving with >300 km/h

True but it feels they need more time with this, weird they didn't build a new engine for it but if it plays well fine by me.

Yes this is Mexico. Final corner had to be changed because there was not enough space on the outside, so it is now a chicane trough the baseball stadium.

2014 was rubbish and I regret buying it tbh. I don't really have much hope it 2015 being any better. I think Codemasters have gotten lazy with the series.

The buzz and excitement that surrounds each GRAND PRIX™ is incredible, and we wanted to transfer that to F1 2015 with an all-new broadcast style presentation that’ll deliver that unmistakable race-day weekend atmosphere of a GRAND PRIX™, complete with podium and grid sequences. You’ll be seeing all of this in the Championship Season mode, the brand new (and very challenging) Pro Season mode and of course Quick Race and Multiplayer too.

Oh mah gawd, are we gonna what we used to have in F1CE? If we are, then:

Cp62j1q.gif

What I find funny is those images are supposed to be sexied up to look better than the game, but that leaked screenshot actually looks better.

It's probably that the new cars aren't done yet, the leak from what I understood was actually wrong about the 2015 cars being in an update.

In fact reading that leaked screenshot it says that F1 2016 will have even more refined features.

This franchise is going in the right direction. 👍

Oh mah gawd, are we gonna what we used to have in F1CE?

It's funny how things like this have developed - I remember before they released F1 2010 they were emphasising how they wanted the player to truly "live the life" of the driver, and would avoid any sort of broadcast style presentation. 5 years on and the USP is now the complete opposite :)

Having said that I am looking forward to seeing how they do it. If they're going for TV style they really should be using the official FOM graphics though!

Back