F1: 2014 on PS4/Xbox One/PC

• Thread starter 0zzy
  • 515 comments
I will wait for price to drop before buying

You can do that if you're getting the Steam PC version, but console versions of the F1 games pretty much never go down in price here. They stay at the original price for a few months, then they sell out and you'd never be able to find a copy again. Though last year I went to London Drugs and saw F1 2011 PS3 for $10, so some stores might have old copies that they couldn't get rid of and they'll sell them for cheap.

Running out of room on my 80 GB ps3 for another DLC game (I got digital verison of F1 2013)

Is it busy in the online racing lobby for F1 2014?

F1 2013 online is like a ghost town nowadays :yuck:

With F12013 around Easter time this year they put it on sale in the PlayStation store for only £15 or about $23 when it was still like £25-£30 in stores. As others have said retail price doesn't start coming down significantly until next years game is released.

Anyway like most of you I had all the previous F1s so I didn't want to buy 2013 until the price dropped. When I saw this PS store offer I thought the price would be as good as it was going to be so brought it. BUT THEN literally right after the sale ended Codemasters announced the release of the 'Complete Edition' which included all the DLC for just like £20. To me this seemed much more than just a coincidence.

So the moral of the story is if you are waiting for the price drop and the codies game has DLC at some point they will release a complete edition version like they did with DIRT3 and F12013. I am certain they will release a complete version of Grid Autosport sometime early next year.

Does F1 2013 even have any DLCs? I haven't even heard of anything planned.

[EDIT] I got it mixed up with F1 2014. Nevermind.

I wouldn't expect to much of a change, especially now the focus is on flexing front wings again.

Where did you see the Marussia car? I'd be keen to see it.

I wouldn't expect to much of a change, especially now the focus is on flexing front wings again.

Where did you see the Marussia car? I'd be keen to see it.
Over in the F1 Mechanics/Aero thread. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...win-the-wcc-wdc-read-first-post.291499/page-9

But here's the car. :D Granted this may not be the Mannor...just what Marussia was planning. But still, major improvement over the 2014 cars.
upmaru1.jpg

Last edited:
To go off topic for a moment whoever has been posting this photo round has been a bit sneaky, it's cropped to hide the fact it's a scale model:

15813318286_a46c394cd0_b.jpg

Yes it is, but it would be what the car is going to look like. It's a wind tunnel model so it has to be exactly the same down to scale. Quite impressive actually.

The other thing this game is missing is the ability to choose a scrubbed set of slicks during a stop once rain has stopped. In real life you get much better grip on a slightly wet circuit with scrubbed slicks than new glossy set.

Went does the tag title still day this is for the PS4 and XB1?

Anyway got the trial thru PS plus the last codies f1 game I played was 2012 so I'm hoping for a decent game here.

This is a great game. Im thoroughly enjoying it.
I skipped F1 2013 and completed 3 seasons on F1 2012.
I use a T500RS set up and home made simulator with F1 wheel.

The dedication required to put down a good lap far exceeds that of previous games. I use a full practice session to get the car balance right. As previously I could nail pole on Legend difficulty without tinkering too much.

Throttle control is critical. I couldnt imagine playing this game with a controller.

Throttle control is critical. I couldnt imagine playing this game with a controller.

Apparently, Codemasters programmed traction control that cannot be turned off when using a controller. Even if you turn it off in the settings, it will still be on. There's a lot of talk about this on the CM forums.

Thats interesting.

From my personal experience. I still find lap times can be reduced by switching off traction control, I see it as a disadvantage.

On another note:

Ive been doing some Time Trials lately (normally I stick to career) and ive put down what I consider to be some damn impressive lap times. Yet having a look at online times, guys are posting times 2-3 seconds quicker then me. WTF!
Ive followed some of the ghost models to see where they make the time...
Its a cheeky driving style to say the least. Not clean at all.
I would prefer to see the game punish this a little more.

Apparently, Codemasters programmed traction control that cannot be turned off when using a controller. Even if you turn it off in the settings, it will still be on. There's a lot of talk about this on the CM forums.
I saw F1 2014 on sale the other day, and was sorely tempted by it - but reading this has killed me enthusiasm dead. I use a controller, but I can't drive with traction control. It kills all throttle response. I experimented with it in Grid Autosport and it was consistently costing me four seconds a lap at Brands Hatch in a touring car.

Back