F1 2017 Review

That is a great review. Thorough and balanced.... nice work.

Despite the detail, two questions for you:

Does this have triple screen support? How would you compare the handling to the F1 cars in Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, iRacing or RF2?

Does this have triple screen support? How would you compare the handling to the F1 cars in Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, iRacing or RF2?

Though I haven't tried myself, prior games in the series have so I wouldn't expect any difference here. As far as driving physics/handling I'd give it to AC overall despite there not being a 1:1 comparison until the SF70H comes to the game sometime this fall.

That said, F1 2017 has distinct advantages over every racer featuring an F1 car and doesn't trail far behind as a result.

On a game pad I'd say it's easier. But this is still a sim - it's just slightly more forgiving than the games you mentioned.

As for triple screen support, I'm not sure.

I loved F1 2016 and 2017 looks to be better in every single way so I can't wait to get back on the track with Haas. Great review, guys.

Y'know, I just realized it isn't made clear in the review: both @calvins48 and @Terronium-12 crafted the piece. Our two resident F1 fanatics! Just want to clarify, much like the Micro Machines review last month, this was a very collaborative piece. Something people can expect more of with the slate of upcoming titles...

Well done guys!

Must be a nice game.

Just this collaboration in making review would be even more thorough with two different type of gamers. Two F1 fans reviewing a F1 game might smooth out some thoughts and criticism a casual racer might have. ;)

Thanks for the review - I've now prerordered and as looking forward to having a go next weekend.

I'm kind of excited since this'll be my first F1 game in over 5 years!

If your last experience was F1 2012 — wow, you just might be a little overwhelmed. You may be able to appreciate the game better than myself and @calvins48 did!

Double post! (Merged!)

Must be a nice game.

Just this collaboration in making review would be even more thorough with two different type of gamers. Two F1 fans reviewing a F1 game might smooth out some thoughts and criticism a casual racer might have. ;)]​

This is interesting feedback. @Joey D you have been summoned!

Last edited:
Aw, PC gets a dedicated photomode, but console doesn't? That's so unfair. :(

Game looks awesome, tho - glad I preodered. The improved career mode was enough to grab my attention, but apparently CM's gone the extra mile to add much-needed depth to their F1 games.

Must be a nice game.

Just this collaboration in making review would be even more thorough with two different type of gamers. Two F1 fans reviewing a F1 game might smooth out some thoughts and criticism a casual racer might have. ;)

Funny you mention that. Something is in the works, there...

HDR on console and photomode on PC....I pre ordered PS4 version as a birthday present for myself (Aug 24) :dunce:

Great reviews so far and this one on GTP is excellent! Well done!!
Average score 95% . Only common read room for improvement is the animation of the characters.

PS: some shops in Netherlands sell F1 2017 alreadytoday....

Last edited:
That Photomode on PC looks Good (Tips from Evo), Shame they could not bring it to the PS4 Pro/Xbox One..:( @BrainsBush Happy Birthday on Thursday 24th :cheers:
maxresdefault.jpg
👍

HDR on console and photomode on PC....I pre ordered PS4 version as a birthday present for myself (Aug 24) :dunce:

Great reviews so far and this one on GTP is excellent! Well done!!
Average score 95% . Only common read room for improvement is the animation of the characters.

PS: some shops in Netherlands sell F1 2017 alreadytoday....
Mediamarkt maybe?

Great review - good to have a review by someone who understands racing games unlike most reviews I have seen.

If it's anything like F1 2016 Codemasters will also provide some support post-release with fixes and enhancements. It would be particularly nice to see livery updates and perhaps some more short circuits added.

"The good news is there’s a solution to that problem: the PC-only photo mode." Is it? How? It's a big FU to us console guys.

This game has lots of bugs and graphics issues, especially on consoles. Seems like they were introduced with the release day patch because the game reviewed extremely well. Codemasters are working on fixing the issues but I'm not buying the game atm.

Hello, guys ! [ girls, too, if any :) ]
Bought the game today, impressed about car control with my steering wheel, not much more to say for now, but two thing bother me :
- too many informations on screen during race and all this info written sooo small, can't see all. Also the subtitles...anyway
- can't find any manual for the game, I bought it online, as I said and I'd like to read more about all these setups and so on and so forth

Hello, guys ! [ girls, too, if any :) ]
Bought the game today, impressed about car control with my steering wheel, not much more to say for now, but two thing bother me :
- too many informations on screen during race and all this info written sooo small, can't see all. Also the subtitles...anyway
- can't find any manual for the game, I bought it online, as I said and I'd like to read more about all these setups and so on and so forth
Here.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/manual/

Back