F1 2018 General Discussion

• Thread starter khr1s
  • 344 comments
If you're that short on money, do not get the Nixim mod. I got it, and yes the brake pedal is stiffer, but the rubber travel blocker is useless.

G920 pedals is a good piece of kit. Cherish it.
Okay, good to know. I'll just get used to what I have.

I would eventually like to move towards a more realistic set up, but I just don't have the means right now. But for ~$20 I can get that brake mod, which is a much easier pill to swallow. I've only had my wheel for about a year, and don't have the time to really justify a more expensive set up. I'm hoping once things settle in my life in the next year or so I can start looking at like a Fanatec set up or something like that.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Logitech software! I will mess around with that for sure.
I mean in-game in your car setup. The default brake pressure is something like 70%. Increase it to 100% if you use ABS.

Is anybody on the PS4 still getting no gamer tags in the multiplayer ranked race’s.

yep

abs..... with real pedals? oh come on guys
What's wrong with using ABS?

Sure, it might not be super realistic, but not everyone is at the same skill level, even if they use a decent wheel and pedal system.

And someone might use ABS just to have a bit more relaxing drive.

You're missing out on the fun braking on the edge of locking. Codemasters implemented that really well.

But to each their own.

Quite. In terms of console racers, F1 2018 is right up there with the best for brake feel. Really impressive stuff. I have to admit I'm faster when ABS is on, but that's due to my inherent lack of talent. :lol:

Quite. In terms of console racers, F1 2018 is right up there with the best for brake feel. Really impressive stuff. I have to admit I'm faster when ABS is on, but that's due to my inherent lack of talent. :lol:
Veloce Limitless (YouTube) found assists to be faster than no assists, so yeah.

Photo mode thread?
2qjdb7t.jpg
Photo and video thread ?

I forgot to turn off assisted starts and turn on formation laps with my career. Is there anyway to turn that back on, or do I need to start a new career? I tried going to the gameplay options while in the garage during race weekend, but all of the gameplay options were greyed out.

I forgot to turn off assisted starts and turn on formation laps with my career. Is there anyway to turn that back on, or do I need to start a new career? I tried going to the gameplay options while in the garage during race weekend, but all of the gameplay options were greyed out.
I think you can change that while loading between sessions, like after Free Practice 1 to Free Practice 2, FP2 to FP3, FP3 to Q1, Q1-3 to Race Start, and advance to next weekend.

Should be an option button on the bottom right side of the loading screen.

Loading screens after you select career from main menu.

This game is still full of bugs...

In a race now at Silverstone where it starts to rain just enough to pit for inters at lap 45/52, but a safety car is out. Thats fine. I'm P7 and in good shape of a decent finish. Everyone (18) except 4 drivers pit for inters, including me. Kimi and Hamilton gets disqualified for something... Not sure what.

My crew changes my tires and everything, but the game wont let me leave the pit. Wont even be allowed to start moving again. Happens if I pit immediately or wait 1 or 2 more laps... So I am either stuck in the pit, or stuck on mediums while in rain. So if I choose to stay out and try medium tires, I will just slip and slide all over the place, and lose so many positions I may aswell just DNF. :banghead:

My Thrustmaster Tx wheel...its going very light.can hardly feel the car. Reinstalled firmware, same issue. No issues on project cars though so its not the wheel. F1 2018 the cars feel ‘floaty’, going over rumble strips is fine though, just the steering is weird, turned up all the ffb settings but to no avail. Is anybody else having this issue ?

So, after a recent update to the game (I think 1.09), all of a sudden in cockpit view, the hands of the driver seem to run at 30 FPS, while everything else is at 60 FPS. Anyone else run into this issue? It's so strange, and kind of takes me out of the game a bit, if I'm being honest. I noticed in the options you can turn off the animation for hands, but I didn't see anything about rendering the hands at a different quality.

I have not played since 1.10 was released, so maybe that fixed it, but I wanted to see if others had this issue. I'll load up the game tonight to see if it still persists after the new update.

Drove same car on same track with same set up on F1 17 and then18..I’m sold on F1 18 after that. Pleased as never felt good about 17. Look forward to spending time with it

Back