F1 2021 General Discussion Thread

I have no radio in ‘my team’. Cant speak to engineer for updates etc. Iam on a series x. Anyone else ?
Same for me but I'm on a PS5.

It's really a disappointment for me because I'm terrible trying to maneuver up and down the menu while I'm driving

Last edited:
Interesting comment by a moderator in the Codemasters forum:

To be honest, I have to agree to the above. Compared to last edition, which was very good from the beginning, I hardly have the time to peek overhere because of the stream of bugs being reported. (have to admit that most of our time is lost by telling posters to use the proper template, include the necessary files instead of organising the bugs being reported). I do hope they get there act together soon.

To be honest, I have to agree to the above. Compared to last edition, which was very good from the beginning, I hardly have the time to peek overhere because of the stream of bugs being reported. (have to admit that most of our time is lost by telling posters to use the proper template, include the necessary files instead of organising the bugs being reported). I do hope they get there act together soon.
Interesting. Doubt they'll be mod for too much longer.

Have to admit, I haven't really.come across many bugs, certainly not compared to 2020 which was riddled with them at first. I held off starting a career mode in that until some of the major ones were fixed, 2021 is nowhere near as bad.

Well maybe there is a silver lining to me having to send my equipment off to Fanatec for repairs right now. Maybe by the time I get it back some of these problems will be fixed. But I doubt it as generally it takes a month or longer for any patches to show up especially for the console users.

“To be honest, I have to agree to the above”

what is this “above” that they are agreeing to?

Sorry i mean the engineers dont talk. For example i select - full race update. Thats when the engineer would respond, ive got nothing,
In the audio options, change the option from headphones to main output device. Can’t remember if it was for just the engineer voice or not, but even if I had headphones on, the voice would only come through my headphones when it was set to main output device (or something like that)

So is there anyway to put the engine supplier as a sponsor on your car? I mean I chose Honda, but I can’t put that name on my rear wing at all…

So I caved... must admit I really do like Braking Point. Very cringe in places but it's a brilliant way of getting those who are not full on fans more involved in the sport. Can't bring myself to start a new career until the full tracks are out though.... though that could be months!

Now running at 96 in Myteam first season, currently doing Spa. Silverstone was very hard, I retired my car was a mess all week-end. Hungary was boring as usal. By the way I'm only halfway and am using already the 3rd engine , 3rd MGU-K/H , that's gonna be very difficult at the end of the season. At least it brings a good challenge, as I don't have the points nor cash to improve my stuff too much (running everything at reduced rewards). At 96 AI I'm generally starting around 15 if the car is working fine, and can make my way up to 10-13 in race, usually running against Tsunoda, Raikkonen

With all the stuff needing to be fixed, and not being a game breaking issue, I'm unsure if I should report this now: whitish tyre edges and sidewalls at Hungaroring, mostly noticeable when the weather is overcast

edit: funniest report ever on Earth :lol:

Last edited:
So is there anyway to put the engine supplier as a sponsor on your car? I mean I chose Honda, but I can’t put that name on my rear wing at all…
Nope. Same as 2020. Very few customer teams actually have the engine brand on the car (actually I belive none of them do). So it's not a massive surprise.

With all the stuff needing to be fixed, and not being a game breaking issue, I'm unsure if I should report this now: whitish tyre edges and sidewalls at Hungaroring, mostly noticeable when the weather is overcast

edit: funniest report ever on Earth :lol:

That's the new 4th tire option. You have Hard, Medium, Soft, and now Frosted. 🙂

I'm surprised how few people are posting here. We haven't had a new racing game for console in quite a while so I just thought everybody would be getting this game.

Anyway, I think I made a mistake when I bought this game. I think it's beautiful and I love the way it handles and I really have no problems with it.

The problem is my own. I'm just terrible. I'm embarrassed to tell you that I've got the AI settings extremely low at 47 (please don't mock me. I already feel bad enough) and I still can't keep up.

I'm doing career mode and my last race was Barcelona and qualifying in the rain had me third from the back.

Now, I'm at Monaco and I skipped the first two practice sessions I decided I would drive the third. It's raining in that practice session and outside of crawling around the track, I can't keep myself from hitting the walls.

I can hold my own pretty good in ACC and PC2 but this game is so hard and I'm so frustrated cuz I want to be better. I wonder if it's intentionally designed this way because F1 drivers are considered the best in the world.

Okay, I guess this post really didn't add anything to the thread but I had to tell somebody. Time for coffee and more punishment at Monaco

The AI in 2021 are harder than last years, and alot of people struggle with the new tire model and track design (cough darn curbs).

Most setups in 2021 are also way different compared to last years. Alot more wing is needed on most tracks, and more tweaks on suspension and other.

There is also the odd bug here and there. Like the AI are super quick through high speed corners, which you cant take flat out but they can.

I only say one think, if you are a racing game fan , F1 serie cannot be missed in a game collection, mostly if you play with steering wheel and pedals. That's my opinion.

I'm surprised how few people are posting here. We haven't had a new racing game for console in quite a while so I just thought everybody would be getting this game.

Anyway, I think I made a mistake when I bought this game. I think it's beautiful and I love the way it handles and I really have no problems with it.

The problem is my own. I'm just terrible. I'm embarrassed to tell you that I've got the AI settings extremely low at 47 (please don't mock me. I already feel bad enough) and I still can't keep up.

I'm doing career mode and my last race was Barcelona and qualifying in the rain had me third from the back.

Now, I'm at Monaco and I skipped the first two practice sessions I decided I would drive the third. It's raining in that practice session and outside of crawling around the track, I can't keep myself from hitting the walls.

I can hold my own pretty good in ACC and PC2 but this game is so hard and I'm so frustrated cuz I want to be better. I wonder if it's intentionally designed this way because F1 drivers are considered the best in the world.

Okay, I guess this post really didn't add anything to the thread but I had to tell somebody. Time for coffee and more punishment at Monaco
Barcelona just has really fast AI. And many players (on the subreddit at least) skip Monaco.

How did you do at Bahrain in the 1st round?

Barcelona just has really fast AI. And many players (on the subreddit at least) skip Monaco.

How did you do at Bahrain in the 1st round?
Ok. Glad to know I'm not the only one struggling. At best, I'm only an average racer so my expectations are usually low. I just hope to finish higher than I start.

I believe I qualified 13 or 14, made up 2 places on the start and then caught a couple breaks with AI errors and I finished 9th. I'm set to 50% races because I'm always hopeful the longer the race the more likelihood of AI mistakes.

It was so much fun.

Thanks for asking.

@Phoenix I couldn't figure out how to quote you and reply to both of you in the same post and I know I'm not supposed to do post back to back.

Thanks for replying. Sounds like I need to tinker with setups. That's not my specialty. Any advice where to start?

Last edited:
@Phoenix I couldn't figure out how to quote you and reply to both of you in the same post and I know I'm not supposed to do post back to back.

Thanks for replying. Sounds like I need to tinker with setups. That's not my specialty. Any advice where to start?
https://simracingsetup.com/setups/f1-2021/ is a good place to start, at least I think.

You can also go into Time Trial, try the quicker guys' setup and see if you like them, then save them. Maybe edit to liking.

im really enjoying this game, may make the regrettable decision to get a wheel and chair setup for it
I'm guessing you use the word "regrettable" because you have to spend a little money, not because you don't think it'll be a good idea...

I'm amazed at the people who can use a controller and be so fast.

I can never go back to a controller after using a wheel. My setup is not elaborate. I have a PlaySeat Challenge and a CSL Elite Wheel with load cell brake pedal.

I'm slow regardless of the controller I use but I enjoy the immersion I get from the wheel.

Unrelated QUESTION: Does anyone know if there is a way to monitor another driver in full screen instead of that smaller split screen in the session menu?

Something like in PC2 where you could return to the pit and then click on "monitor" and just watch another driver to help you learn braking points and gearing and things like that.

Last edited:

I have lots of tips on YouTube, so if you wanted to try and get faster maybe they will help.

I have lots of tips on YouTube, so if you wanted to try and get faster maybe they will help.
Not only have I watched a boatload of your videos but my wife saw a portion of the last one. She likes your accent.

I prefer your videos because, like I've said in the comments, you don't waste words and you're not a screamer and you don't try hard to be controversial. Love your style and anyone who hasn't seen your videos is missing out.

yeah I want to get a wheel for the immersion and playing the game the way its "meant" to be played

i play on controller, I think Im decently fast, I dont know because I wont touch online, Im a MyTeam headcanon player. Not trying to get into esports or anything like that, Im way too old for that anyways (34 lol)

Back