Fall Guy´s Time Trials for Modded Content Rev. 1PC 

• Thread starter Fall Guy
  • 146 comments

How should we do the next TTs?

• Fall Guy will arrange every new TT

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • The actual fastest driver will arrange and choose the next TT

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • We do a weekly rotation where Fall Guy will choose the creator of the new TT

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Germany
Germany
Lads and Gents,

welcome to our new time trial contest for modded content (and some vanilla, of course).

The goal of these challenges are just to have fun, try some recently released stuff and use the opportunity to rotate cars and tracks as we wish.

There are not a lot of much rules to stick to, just follow the simple guideline:

- no cheating ("red" lap times don´t count!)
- no setups from thesetupmarket etc.
- only stock setups (you may adjust the fuel amount and tire pressure)
- only mods accessible for all of us, means no pay mods (we can re-think about that) or scammed stuff like the ones from Simdream, RTM etc.
- no driving aids (yes, no driving aids. Only the stock ones. If a car has ABS and TCS for real, you can use it)
- post your time as often as you wish, make a screenshot to have it approved

From each challenge the winner is allowed to post the next track and car combo. We choose the time of day freely as we wish. Also the weather has no restriction.

Here is my first one (I just done a random choice by CM):

The Caterham 420R race car @ Sportsland SUGO.
upload_2020-5-7_22-13-8.png

My first time:
1:51,567

upload_2020-5-7_22-15-53.png

Time of day: 10.00 a.m.
Temperature: 9° C
Weather: clear
Track Grip: Auto

If you need the mods and aren´t able to find them, check RD.

Challenge ends this Sunday May 10th @ 10 p.m. (European Summer Time)

Have fun!

Last edited:
I think weather should be restricted as well, due to varying tarmac temperatures with various cloud cover weathers, i.e clear at 9 C has a temp of 11 .7 @ 10 am whereas overcast has a temp of 9. Just fyi, brilliant idea btw I'm off to try the combo!

Edit: or at least we can set specifit tarmac temps in CM, then choosing time of day has no influence on temps.

I think weather should be restricted as well, due to varying tarmac temperatures with various cloud cover weathers, i.e clear at 9 C has a temp of 11 .7 @ 10 am whereas overcast has a temp of 9. Just fyi, brilliant idea btw I'm off to try the combo!

Edit: or at least we can set specifit tarmac temps in CM, then choosing time of day has no influence on temps.

Maybe I was not clear, I meant the weather can be chosen by the challenge creator - I have chosen clear this time. This is set now for all. :)

wtf...what a time! I am soo bad in TT.... :confused: :D

BTW, I have set the track grip to automatic in CM so it is connected to the temperatures. Don´t know if this is relevant at all but I doubt I will gain more than 10 seconds from it. :)

I'd imagine my time would be around a second off with track state on auto, this lap was posted on optimum, you make the rules so if you want us to change track state let us know! :cheers:

haha RTFM Brian....it says airtemp 9 degrees and what did I ? Indeed set it to 10....So actually my time could be qualified as invalid. I'll hop in rig again and set a new time.

Over the past weeks I only played/raced in 2D mode for PP testing. Will also give it a try in VR. Curious if that makes me significant faster :confused:.

Already having fun with this challenge and that's what counts.

PS @droplin are you an alien :D

haha RTFM Brian....it says airtemp 9 degrees and what did I ? Indeed set it to 10....So actually my time could be qualified as invalid. I'll hop in rig again and set a new time.

Over the past weeks I only played/raced in 2D mode for PP testing. Will also give it a try in VR. Curious if that makes me significant faster :confused:.

Already having fun with this challenge and that's what counts.

PS @droplin are you an alien :D

Que the X-files theme.
But no I actually prefer ffb on for my runs, lots of it as well :lol:

I'd imagine my time would be around a second off with track state on auto, this lap was posted on optimum, you make the rules so if you want us to change track state let us know! :cheers:

Yapp, sorry, better to have it on automatic to equal it for all contenders. I use to drive with this setting normally so I did not pay that much attention when I wrote my initial post. Sorry guys.
I´ve edited my initial post as well.

I'm loving this guys, great combo, fun car to drive. here is my lap so far with everything stock according to rules, tire pressures I didn't change, only fuel to 10L. 1:42.393. are we aloud to run any track weather conditions?
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Back