Fall Guy´s Time Trials for Modded Content Rev. 1PC 

• Thread starter Fall Guy
  • 146 comments

How should we do the next TTs?

• Fall Guy will arrange every new TT

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • The actual fastest driver will arrange and choose the next TT

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • We do a weekly rotation where Fall Guy will choose the creator of the new TT

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On a better track I might change my mind but this track is a tough one to drive this car fast on for me. I'm going to take it to Brands Hatch and see if I can find some love for it there. And then if it's taken me less than 5 days to do so I will have another crack at this little track. Well done for getting those times though - and I reckon you can break that 1:06 barrier for sure

@mteam I agree lol. It's a drift track and doesn't feel suited to this car for me at all.

I enjoy racing this car round watkins glen

Thanks all for participating so far! Again we have 7 contenders here, I wonder if we will raise it up.

Here are the first standings:

rank user time

1 Droplin 1.04.792
2 Turborodent 1.05.506
3 Brainsbush 1.05.591
4 PepperoniAC24 1.06.012
5 unpierrot 1.07.179
6 mteam 1.07.627
7 Fall Guy 1.08.513

Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2020.05.13 - 18.47.32.21.png

Done for today, 01:04:479

Thanks for all the tips but 20 odd laps in and I still can't get lower than a 1:09 so I think that's where it's gonna stay for me. One thing I did find is that I don't actually like the 911 GT3 cup :D

Try some slightly higher tyre temps and give yourself a few laps for the tyres to settle a bit as they are stone cold. You've got ABS too this time so don't be afraid to really stand on the brakes!

1.07.934 - its getting better but not that good. :(

View attachment 920334
You're doing better than my failed attempts so well done. I couldn't even crack 1:10 when i tried again and no matter how many laps I put in I just can't seem to get on with that Porsche and do a clean lap unless it's at a slow crawl. Mind you maybe a controller isn't the best idea for a hotlap challenge but I can't get on with the Porsche at all. Hopefully next track and car combo will suit me a bit more.
Congrats to everyone who has achieved a good time on this track with this car but I really am done with this one as it's not fun for me and proving way too much of a challenge.

Last hour tried to improve my previous laptime. Could not even close. Ruined a couple of Porsches and numerous tiresets. Tomorrow new chances. To stress down a little bit I continued my cruize in LA Canyons in a Renault Clio and enjoyed the view. Now it is safe to join my family again downstairs.

You're doing better than my failed attempts so well done. I couldn't even crack 1:10 when i tried again and no matter how many laps I put in I just can't seem to get on with that Porsche and do a clean lap unless it's at a slow crawl. Mind you maybe a controller isn't the best idea for a hotlap challenge but I can't get on with the Porsche at all. Hopefully next track and car combo will suit me a bit more.
Congrats to everyone who has achieved a good time on this track with this car but I really am done with this one as it's not fun for me and proving way too much of a challenge.
oh, you say things in two times (french expression, don't know if it means anything in english), don't know that you are playing with a controller, i have played AC long time with a controller on this car, inferno...
Cannot exit curb without spinning round and round, this car is not playable with a controller without tweaking a lot settings, stock, you cannot do anything...
First time i have played it with a wheel, it was day and night, really, really, it's still an unforgiving car, but nothing like with the controller, when you exit curb, you still need to accelerate with wheels almost parralels and gradually but it's more easy!
On my side, i never compare time with others in this kind of challenge because, if you play with wheel or controller, you could not do same kind of time, but it's the case too beetween different wheel, cheap ones or direct drive ones, if you got VR or not (in VR people say it more easy to look at the apex and judge the distance for breaking and accelerate so they got better times lap), if you got pedals cheap or not etc.
So i only compare with myself, it's own challenge, could i do better with my set up?
What's the best i could reach?
But i like the idea to do it in a kind of contest like this, i like the emulation, we are all in the same energy and we emulate each other, we encourage each other, alone, i would have never do so many laps alone against the clock, never!
In this condition, it's fun actually :)
Hope it means something in english :)

oh, you say things in two times (french expression, don't know if it means anything in english), don't know that you are playing with a controller, i have played AC long time with a controller on this car, inferno...
Cannot exit curb without spinning round and round, this car is not playable with a controller without tweaking a lot settings, stock, you cannot do anything...
First time i have played it with a wheel, it was day and night, really, really, it's still an unforgiving car, but nothing like with the controller, when you exit curb, you still need to accelerate with wheels almost parralels and gradually but it's more easy!
On my side, i never compare time with others in this kind of challenge because, if you play with wheel or controller, you could not do same kind of time, but it's the case too beetween different wheel, cheap ones or direct drive ones, if you got VR or not (in VR people say it more easy to look at the apex and judge the distance for breaking and accelerate so they got better times lap), if you got pedals cheap or not etc.
So i only compare with myself, it's own challenge, could i do better with my set up?
What's the best i could reach?
But i like the idea to do it in a kind of contest like this, i like the emulation, we are all in the same energy and we emulate each other, we encourage each other, alone, i would have never do so many laps alone against the clock, never!
In this condition, it's fun actually :)
Hope it means something in english :)

To be fair I was blaming the controller as an excuse for my poor driving skills with that particular Porsche. And honestly it's the first time I have spent any time driving it too and you are right it seems to be very unforgiving and one that will take a lot of time to tame. I can actually drive very well in a lot of cars with my controller and am usually quite fast (well I like to think so but hey it's always subjective) but the Porsche was just not giving me any kind of good vibes and I was just getting stressed from driving it and trying to beat my own lap times. I know I would never get anywhere near times that others are getting here, and also with a controller you just cannot replicate that feeling of force feedback and smoothness that you get with a wheel.
So in hindsight I was a bit stressed when I wrote my message but I was definitely not doing well on that little twisty track with that particular car. I have just tried it at Brands Hatch and found it a different car to drive in the way it handles on a more open circuit and one that I know very well.
Also the fun element for me is huge even in a sim...if I am smiling when I'm driving then my lap times generally are good and I get quicker each lap...if I'm struggling with a car or track then i just end up giving up and go do something else entirely.
Thank you by the way for not making me feel inferior for using a controller and for explaining that this car is not an easy one to drive anyway regardless of what hardware we are using.
Anyways enough words from me...sorry for stressing out about it :D

Back