Fallout 4

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 2,543 comments
Yay, I finally got one of my settlements to 90 happiness! Up next, 100 and the "Benevolent Leader" achievement.

The Battle of Bunker Hill isn't really that critical, depending how you play it, I sort of dodged it with a strategically placed live grenade in a key figures pocket, then lying about what happened
Oh, I'm on my second play-through, so I already know what happens. I like to tip the Brotherhood off, then attack everyone to within an inch of their lives so that when they finish each other off, I get the experience points. And I get plenty of ammunition as well.

I waa just commenting because the Battle of Bunker Hill seems like a fairly important moment story-wise since it's the first time that the Institute and the Railroad have an open conflict.

I must admit I enjoyed taking out the Brotherhood far too much, they were doomed from the moment the first one I met said the words "If you ain't Brotherhood, you ain't nothin'"
To me, the Brotherhood are fascists. They have the power to restore order to the Commonwealth, but demand that it happens on their terms and force everyone to obey them. Which makes it strange that there are so many references to Arthurian legend in their presentation.

I now have Maxon's coat and weapon proudly displayed with my Paladin's armour alongside a rude message in yellow neon at my base, and Piper wears Captain Kells' hat
If you do "Rockets' Red Glare", you can also get unique gear from Quinlan, Cade and Teague. The only way to get all of it is to kill everyone during "Rockets' Red Glare", but leave before planting the charges and start the Institute quest to destroy Liberty Prime.

Has anybody used any console mods? I'm thinking some good ones may get me back into the game.

Also, do I need any DLC in order to use and access the console mods?

There's no outstanding console mods.

And some mods are made using assets from particular DLCs. Though they'll generally say in the description if you need a DLC.

Question: are Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas worth playing? I've just noticed that they're backwards-compatible on the Xbox One and since I loved Fallout 4, I wonder if they're worth my time. Especially since I will need something to keep me interested while I wait for Final Fantasy XV, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Mass Effect Andromeda.

Question: are Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas worth playing? I've just noticed that they're backwards-compatible on the Xbox One and since I loved Fallout 4, I wonder if they're worth my time. Especially since I will need something to keep me interested while I wait for Final Fantasy XV, Ghost Recon Wildlands and Mass Effect Andromeda.

I've been wondering the same thing myself seeing as I still have my ps3 and also my laptop is more than powerful enough to run them. Going backwards graphics wise isn't a problem for me (being as I started gaming with 'Jet Set Willy' on a ZX Spectrum :lol: ) as long as the gameplay is absorbing.
It would be nice to see what someone who's played them thinks.

Got Nuka World DLing now so I can go to bed and it'll be ready for a blast in the morning :cheers:

Sorry for the double post but I'm a happy Yellowbeard :D

I've played a bit of Fallout 3 and I would say that it's pretty good. The only things that I seriously didn't like was the cumbersome combat system and the fact that you can't sprint.

Well, I played both (a lot), and i'd say they are worth it. The only big downside is both the graphics compared to the modern games, and it's combat mechanics... which needs a lot of getting used to. And bugs.

Apart from that, there's a lot of good things in both games. Fallout 3 has a more "dark" feel to it, while New Vegas has sort of a wild west vibe, "it just works" in that game.
The map in FO3 is bigger and more condensed than the one in NV, but, atleast to me, NV has more interesting places.

NV has more creatures, some unique to that game, and you actually get unique looking weapons and armor. The factions are interesting and differ from the usual BOS/Enclave.
Some of the weapons look like they really belong in that environment, specially revolvers and lever action carbines. Overall the weapons look and feel cooler than what we have in both FO3 and 4.
For the armor... well, just look at the case of the game and tell me, isn't that a beauty?

In FO3, both weapons and armor look a bit generic to me, specially after playing FO:NV. The game doesn't look as good as NV, even though is not a huge differenc, and you can't aim down iron sights (in NV you can).

For me, I feel that NV is a more unique experience, but I'd say, if you can get both for a reasonable price, then go for it.

Well, I played both (a lot), and i'd say they are worth it. The only big downside is both the graphics compared to the modern games, and it's combat mechanics... which needs a lot of getting used to. And bugs.

Apart from that, there's a lot of good things in both games. Fallout 3 has a more "dark" feel to it, while New Vegas has sort of a wild west vibe, "it just works" in that game.
The map in FO3 is bigger and more condensed than the one in NV, but, atleast to me, NV has more interesting places.

NV has more creatures, some unique to that game, and you actually get unique looking weapons and armor. The factions are interesting and differ from the usual BOS/Enclave.
Some of the weapons look like they really belong in that environment, specially revolvers and lever action carbines. Overall the weapons look and feel cooler than what we have in both FO3 and 4.
For the armor... well, just look at the case of the game and tell me, isn't that a beauty?

In FO3, both weapons and armor look a bit generic to me, specially after playing FO:NV. The game doesn't look as good as NV, even though is not a huge differenc, and you can't aim down iron sights (in NV you can).

For me, I feel that NV is a more unique experience, but I'd say, if you can get both for a reasonable price, then go for it.

They're both cheap enough on Amazon (I can get them both for less than I paid for witcher 3 and I only got a couple of hours on that before I decided it was too slow. first and only time I'll buy digital) and I'll be playing fallout 3 first because that's the oldest one.

It's every bit as good as I was hoping, there seems to be lots to do over a large area :cheers:

And I must say that Piper looks good in the Nuka Girl rocket suit :lol:

How do I accept quests for each gang? I just did one raid for the Operators, since they're the least insane, but I do want to see what the others are all about.
If only because killing Nisha might unleash Dixie and Savoy ...
However, I can't get quests from the Pack or the Disciples. Or is this like the Institute, where you have to wait a certain amount of time before another one becomes available?

How do I accept quests for each gang? I just did one raid for the Operators, since they're the least insane, but I do want to see what the others are all about.
If only because killing Nisha might unleash Dixie and Savoy ...
However, I can't get quests from the Pack or the Disciples. Or is this like the Institute, where you have to wait a certain amount of time before another one becomes available?

I haven't started any main quests yet, I've done my usual and gone exploring to find side quests and have a look round first ..... and getting distracted by finding a nice shiny thing I'm trying to get :lol:

I'm a little worried about, dare I say, the ethics of some of the decisions in Nuka World. Looking forward to it but I really don't want to be a Raider, doesn't fit the path I've taken in the main game/quest. Any opinions on this? Or am I taking what I've read about the DLC too literally? Are the settlements one can take over new ones?

Nivida Vault 1080 mod :)

Think the end of the world can't get any worse? Then NVIDIA's high-quality Fallout 4 mod has some bad news - turns out that adding super-advanced lighting and shadows to a thermonuclear Wasteland just makes it scarier, moodier, and more dangerous than ever. Check out the video now!

Yeah, don't really wanna do that either. Didn't realise that though!
I believe you can get the quest "Open Season" which sends you to kill all of the Raider gangs and make the park the more open trading hub it was before. Although it does also mean that you may miss out on any special rewards the gangs might give you.

I'm a little worried about, dare I say, the ethics of some of the decisions in Nuka World. Looking forward to it but I really don't want to be a Raider, doesn't fit the path I've taken in the main game/quest. Any opinions on this? Or am I taking what I've read about the DLC too literally? Are the settlements one can take over new ones?

I know what you mean with this. I've done a backup save from the start of Nuka World so I can revert back if I don't like how it turns out.

Are there any workshops in Nuka-World? I need somewhere to drop all of my gear and junk.
Not found one yet, I'm currently dumping stuff in the trunk, suitcase and other storage places in the bosses quarters for if I find one.
Have found a nearly complete suit of X-01 armour, that's just missing the head and LEFT leg instead of the usual right one, so it's easy to complete a full suit :D

Not found one yet
I Googled it; apparently there's one somewhere along the eastern border of the map.

I'm a little worried about, dare I say, the ethics of some of the decisions in Nuka World. Looking forward to it but I really don't want to be a Raider, doesn't fit the path I've taken in the main game/quest. Any opinions on this?
The way I see it, they're better off with me leading them. Left to their own devices, they're a threat to the entire Commonwealth, but we me at the helm, I can direct them where I see fit.

And one of the raider factions is pretty moderate; they're more interested in controlling contraband and the chem market than anything else.

Latest Posts

Back