Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Nah, the CSR is a good wheel. Pedals are where it's at for you I reckon, and those new V3 beauties are just begging to be stomped on.
Yeah all i have now is vibration when pressing down the accelerator (standard CSR pedals). I guess having FFB effects from the road added to your pedals must make quite a big difference.

Yeah all i have now is vibration when pressing down the accelerator (standard CSR pedals). I guess having FFB effects from the road added to your pedals must make quite a big difference.
Woah, now you're in the Simvibe zone, not anything that comes equipped on pedals.

The little unbalanced motors are cute and all, but really aren't reproducing anything at all well. Much better is having good solid damping feel on the brake, and decent feel of engagement for the clutch. The robust materials make a world of difference as well.

I've had a lot of wheels from older Logitech's to the DFGT then T500 (massive jump) to a CSW and an Elite and now the CSW V2. All I can say is you get what you pay for. It was hard for me back in the beginning to make that mental leap and spend big bucks on Buttkickers, amps, wheels and pedals the list is never ending, but I soon realised it's definitely best buying wisely. The OMG factor when you get an awesome piece of kit like the Porsche rim or the CSW V2 is so worth it alone. Does it make me faster? I can't honestly say, but it gives me more enjoyment than the DFGT would.

Totally agree with you Mark :) The leap to the AccuForce wheel was even bigger and puts the CSWv2

@mister dog If you have the money. It's definately worth it. When i got my CSWv2 it thought it couldn't get any better.
Still i bought an AccuForce and yes it's over twice the price of the CSWv2, but definately worth it.

Back on topic: I just cancelled my CSPv3 order. If i add two dempers to the CSPv3, i'm almost at the price of a set of Heusinkveld Pro Pedals, which i'm gonna order when they are available.

I will keep the excellent V2's voor Xbox one compatibility and design a systeem so i can easily exchange them with the Heusinkveld Pro's

@HoiHman i suppose you have the Rolls Royce of wheels and pedals there. :)
I don't know which wheel you started out with, but could you be so kind to describe the biggest differences in overall feel and FFB from one wheel you owned to another?

@mister dog, i have had quite a big selection of wheels over the years

- Microsoft FFB Wheel
- G25
- Fanatec 911 Turbo S
- Fanatec CSR
- Fanatec CSR Elite
- Fanatec CSWv1
- Fanatec CSWv2
- AccuForce

Each wheel was a step up in feedback, smoothness and performance. All the Fanatec wheels were great, especially the tuningmenu is awesome and a big step up from any other wheel.

My first wheel with a quick release (CSWv1) was also a major improvement in immersion.

ydZlnS1.jpg

De AccuForce is however is in another league, not because it's a direct drive but also fully tunable via Simcommander4

Nice display case :D
I've been asking for a while now but so far nobody was able to describe the differences in feel and FFB. Are the effects smoother from one wheel to the next, do you feel more detail of the road surface and the tyres? That sort of thing.

I've been asking for a while now but so far nobody was able to describe the differences in feel and FFB. Are the effects smoother from one wheel to the next, do you feel more detail of the road surface and the tyres? That sort of thing.

A greater range of force strength for starters, and that range remains through a whole session without fade for the last two on HoiHman's list. The Elite, V1, and V2 use V-belts which are smoother than the toothed belt that you would be used to. The Accuforce being a direct drive wheel is a whole new thing again. The immediacy is what really picks up there, with none of the minor but still significant disconnect that comes with non-DD wheels. The T300, CSW V2, and Accuforce are all supremely good in their price brackets.

One thing that I notice with my ECCI 7000 is that if I run something with no ffb at all, the robustness of the materials means that it still doesn't feel completely weird. It's definitely not the same when using my GT3RS. There's just something about having your hands on industrial grade components.

Nice display case :D

Basically : YES

However the last 2 steps were the biggest (CSWv2 and AF)

It's very hard to explain the FFB difference. You have to experience it yourself. The last two wheels excel in the FFB being more direct, precise and immediate. The Accuforce gives me more detail than i have ever felt before in any wheel.

And very important like Lemansaid metion above: A great varity of FFB strenght.

If i run in PCARS a car with cold slick tires in the rain, the wheel is as light as feather, because the tires have no grip at all. In i run the same car with soft tires on a dry track, the FFB gets really strong especially with the 270mm formula wheel in banked corners with a lot of grip.

If i brake too hard, i can clearly feel the tires losing grip because the wheel will become light.

A stronger wheel will let you feel the difference in strength of the FFB a lot better.

Last edited:
Anyone got a code for fanatec they don't need ?

I've been trying for over a year to order a wheel from them, emailed their support etc and the answer seems to be "Sorry - previous customers only and we have no idea when it'll be open for general orders..."

It'd be an upgrade from my G25 setup that's for sure.

Alas I think I need a US code being in the US....

I posted on the fanatec board - we'll see what shakes out.

Thanks for the offer though - greatly appreciated :)

Oh please be nice to me 9ice, I'm begging look. :drool:

Been waiting years for a good wheel and pedal set, still stuck on a Logitech Momo Force and this invitation only system is killing me.

Good work, Fanatec. I'm glad to see you are making progress with other vendors than SMS(pCARS). 👍

If only they would at least tout a wheel equal to the T300 or thereabouts, in price and performance, with full PS4 and/or X1 compatibility. I would plug the hell out of it, as reward for their recent helpfulness

Even if we view Fanatec bothering to facilitate PS4 support as self interested and not necessarily altruistic, it can't be denied that they are at least pitching their position as being in the market for the long haul. Which is a win for us all. Thomas has alluded to a more affordable wheel than the V2 being in development. After seemingly doing all they needed to do to get old wheels working with new games, I'm eager to reciprocate with the good will.

Back