Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Oh please be nice to me 9ice, I'm begging look. :drool:

Been waiting years for a good wheel and pedal set, still stuck on a Logitech Momo Force and this invitation only system is killing me.
Hey sorry I saw your post and message late. My code as now expired. According to fanatec themselves you no longer need an invite code for the v2.

Hey sorry I saw your post and message late. My code as now expired. According to fanatec themselves you no longer need an invite code for the v2.

No worries man, I noticed after I posted there was no invite only badge on the store page, funny, first time I beg for a code and it's the same time I've ever seen it like that.

Well, my credit card is going to kill me but I ordered a V2 Base, v3 pedals (good timing I guess), Round 1 wheel and XBOX One Universal Hub combo and a Stand as I can't afford a cockpit as well. :eek: Just got to wait a couple of months for it to turn up, I guess that gives me time to work it off. :rolleyes:

No worries man, I noticed after I posted there was no invite only badge on the store page, funny, first time I beg for a code and it's the same time I've ever seen it like that.

Well, my credit card is going to kill me but I ordered a V2 Base, v3 pedals (good timing I guess), Round 1 wheel and XBOX One Universal Hub combo and a Stand as I can't afford a cockpit as well. :eek: Just got to wait a couple of months for it to turn up, I guess that gives me time to work it off. :rolleyes:
Honestly I'd cancel the stand. It's almost criminal to use such equipment on a stand, especially when you can make yourself a cockpit quite cheaply which will be solid.

Impossible to move a cockpit in stairs every time you want to drive :)

Stands are the best when you haven't a dedicated place.

Mate, if i don't post again to this thread, assume that i've moved on to the next dimension and the missus has found out how much Im spending on my Fanatec setup :nervous: V2 base delivered, V3 pedals preordered, V3 damper preordered, 918 RSR wheel £250 (aftermarket purchase) and i'm still looking for aftermarket V2 pedal cause i cant wait till August!
Oh, if my wheelstandpro does not support the V2 base then a stand will be added to that list too!

Mate, if i don't post again to this thread, assume that i've moved on to the next dimension and the missus has found out how much Im spending on my Fanatec setup :nervous: V2 base delivered, V3 pedals preordered, V3 damper preordered, 918 RSR wheel £250 (aftermarket purchase) and i'm still looking for aftermarket V2 pedal cause i cant wait till August!
Oh, if my wheelstandpro does not support the V2 base then a stand will be added to that list too!

Good luck man but I don't think another dimension will help, to quote Liam Neeson, "She will find you and she will kill you". The Taxman and the Missus, both have powers from something out of Doctor Who. :D

Honestly I'd cancel the stand. It's almost criminal to use such equipment on a stand, especially when you can make yourself a cockpit quite cheaply which will be solid.

Forget the money man, I don't have the room either. :irked:

Hard to judge in only 4 seconds, but it looks like the rattle of the QR.
You can use the special bolt to fasten the OR to the hub and see if it improves.

Hard to judge in only 4 seconds, but it looks like the rattle of the QR.
You can use the special bolt to fasten the OR to the hub and see if it improves.

It's with special bolt in :(

Cai I test it without rim without any problem to see if it's quickrelease ?

hm... Not sure. Check the hexbolts that secure the QR hub to the main axle and the hexbolts inside the QR of the BMW rim. They could be loose.

If not, you have to contact Fanatec support

hm... Not sure. Check the hexbolts that secure the QR hub to the main axle and the hexbolts inside the QR of the BMW rim. They could be loose.

If not, you have to contact Fanatec support

HoiHman you mentioned having to tighten those screws inside the rim many times, so I checked my quick release hub and formula rim when I got them. They were a little loose out of the box. It's worth checking.

It can't be normal. I don't think Fanatec would want their product giving off a rattling sound of that kind. From what i can hear in the video it may be the base. I would call them, if that option is cheap for you as they do take a while to reply to emails.

Back on topic: I just cancelled my CSPv3 order. If i add two dempers to the CSPv3, i'm almost at the price of a set of Heusinkveld Pro Pedals, which i'm gonna order when they are available.

It's true that that CSP V3 + 2 dampers is dangerously close to the price of the Heusinkveld pro (especially if you take the set without clutch). The big advantage for the V3 remains the console compatibility.

I am curious anyway to test those new CSP: I hope the throttle pedal with the D-shape pad, the stiff spring and optional damper is a big improvement. The gas pedal in CSP V1 and V2 was relatively basic and similar in terms of feeling to cheaper equipment (brake and clutch were making the difference).

@TGR_Kefran

I have designed a quickrelease system for my pedals. Switching between the Heusinkvelds Pros and the CSPv2 for the consoles can be done under a minute.

@K_Soze
Perhaps this comparison with cars makes a bit sense (even though it's not entirely fair comparison)
The CSPv3 are the Alfa Romeos.
The Heusinkvelds are the Ferrari's

You can put more HP in the Alfa but it will never be a Ferrari :)

It's not like that a 90kg load cell is always better than a 55kg. This post of about a comparison between the DSD pedals (100Kg load-cell) and the HE-Pros explains this:

Niels Heusinkveld
The DSD brake pedal has a 5.25:1 pedal ratio, so it takes 19kg of pedal pressure to get 100kg on the load cell. Our pedals are 55kg *pedal* max force so almost 3x higher max force.

Unless you can overstress the DSD, load cells tend to be safe to 150%, would make them 29kg ish.

I don't *KNOW* but if its a 100kg load cell and the Wilwood specs say 5.25:1 ratio, that means it takes 100 / 5.25 = 19kg pedal force to get 100kg load cell force.

I did not mean that Heusinkvelds pedals are not better, I am just curious to know why.

I just know that these pedals are some very good one but never study them in depth.

But I like Ferrari a lot. Driving a Ferrari brings me to sims. So I imagine that they are perfect pedals :)

After Henk said that the price of the CSP V3's were near as makes no difference the Heusinkvelds pedals, I had another look at them myself.
For me personally they look very well made and very reasonably priced! Although I'm not a fan of the aesthetics, they just look too big for my liking. Just a matter of personal taste.
I hadn't planned on new pedals at all, I've actually been planning on buying a whole new rig first.
Even though I had thought about it and looked at all on offer at the minute. Inverted pedals are a must for me and not all offer that. Size and mounting are also big factors. Plus I'm not too keen on the whole master/slave cylinder real car brake setup.
So really for me the CSP V3's look great. I'm pretty sure from looking at them I can invert them like I did with the V2's. They have some interesting new features, they're at a nice price and will look awesome attached to the new Rig.
Sometimes these things just fall together at the right time.

No doubt the CSPv3 series will be a great set. For me however it was time for something new. Allways loved the V1 and still love the V2's. Like you Mark, i wasn't in the market for a pedal set yet, but things can change rather quickly.

If Fanatec had changed their design, i would probably sticked with them.

I get the feeling that the HE-pros will be my final pedal set and somehow i do not get the same feeling with the CSPv3.

I could be wrong though, only time will tell :)

There is never anything final in Sim Racing haha. On that note I ordered the V3 yesterday -_-
I was always hoping for a design change like them being modular like the csr elite pedals but the Clubsport series design actually mounts up perfectly inverted on my obutto ozone

I keeping hovering on the Fanatec site for:

CSW Base V2
XBox One Hub + Clubsport wheel

I already have CSP V1's, so Pedals are OK for now.. My aim is to have one wheel for PC/XBO/PS4, I still have my CSR Wheel that covered PC/XB360/PS3 and loved that I could play all the games and switch so easily between each source.

I'm currently using a TM TX Wheel for XBO/PC duty with a homemade CSP adapter for the pedals, but I'd like to open up to adding support for my PS4 now games are starting to support wheels.

The only question I have is (and Fanatecs site has no way of asking a sales question!) if I order the Wheelbase / XBO Hub with wheel on the same order, will they hold the Wheebase (Allocated it from stock) so that when the XO hubs are ready, they'll ship both at time?

My fear is, they would only allocate the wheelbase when the hubs are in, and by that time the CSW Base may be out of stock..

Back