Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
The Fanatec Universal Hub is on sale

http://www.fanatec.com/forum/discus...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

From today you can purchase the Universal Hub for PlayStation and PC at a much discounted price.

EU: 299,95 -> 199,95
USA: 249,95 -> 169,95
AU: 329,95 ->224,95
J: 33.900 -> 22.900

We are selling off this product as it will be replaced by the Universal Hub for Xbox One which has the same features and is to PlayStation, PC and Xbox One. Please note that you can take off the button caps with the symbols so it will look exactly like the PC version which is on sale now.

Sale will only last until the inventory is gone so this is a good chance to get the rim you always wanted to have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need either of the universal hubs for PS4 compatibility or will the BMW/Formula/Porsche rims work on the PS4?

To my understanding, they work (only ingame) on supported games. You need hub for xbone compatibility.

I'm still confused about g27 adapter. In different parts of the website there is different info (csw is not in the compatibility list but in csw description it says otherwise).

Hi,

after get a second base to a person of my family I test it comparing to mine and seems better (less noise) but in my first unit after 20-30 minutes of play begin this constant noise:

With the second unit after 20-30 minutes (but works very well)...

How I proceed now ?

I do not want to be sending FANATEC units and send them back to me defective ...

Hi,

after get a second base to a person of my family I test it comparing to mine and seems better (less noise) but in my first unit after 20-30 minutes of play begin this constant noise:

With the second unit after 20-30 minutes (but works very well)...

How I proceed now ?

I do not want to be sending FANATEC units and send them back to me defective ...

Fix it yourself and void the warranty or deal with Fanatec - those are your options.

FYI the US store now no longer has the invite issue - you can pre-order a wheel directly without the code.

So I did.

koolaid.jpg

Jerome

Yea there's a few of us kickin' around 👍

Jerome

I'm still confused about g27 adapter. In different parts of the website there is different info (csw is not in the compatibility list but in csw description it says otherwise).

On compatibility, the website states......
  • G25/G27 pedals (with optional adapter)

After lots of thinking I decided to go with CSW V2 too (planning to order it on Monday).
Just reading the forums the failure rate kind of disturbs me (Thrustmaster wheels are no better in that regard).
Has anyone tried to get there money back after RMA (thinking of doing so If any problem occurs) and do they refund all the extra accessories (because you really have no use for them) if for example your wheelbase is the thing that breaks?

I usually don't have the best of luck with Items.In the end of 2011, one month before 3 year warranty expired, my g25 (which people say is invincible) pedal potentiometers started spiking so they sent me a g27 which I use today (but I think I feel ffb faster now, pedals are getting sticky and don't know why but leather coating is peeling of)

Everyone says that Accuforce is the way to go for its reliability and feel, but being European its price jumps 2 times the CSW if you include customs and shipping. Plus I would have to buy a second wheel for console use.

I think as far as price goes CSW V2 is my limit (my sensible side would not go for that price range but my birthday is coming up), but I'm just afraid of it breaking all the time (even worse outside of warranty). I understand that there could be bad batches.

Is it really that bad, or is it the vocal majority?
Ideally I think that higher end wheels should last 3-6 years, but I'm starting to think that its not possible.

After lots of thinking I decided to go with CSW V2 too (planning to order it on Monday).
Just reading the forums the failure rate kind of disturbs me (Thrustmaster wheels are no better in that regard).

I suspect you might have been reading about CSW V1 failures, for the most part at least. Completely different story to the V2 in regards to motor(s), which was the glaring issue.

Has anyone tried to get there money back after RMA (thinking of doing so If any problem occurs) and do they refund all the extra accessories (because you really have no use for them) if for example your wheelbase is the thing that breaks?

I usually don't have the best of luck with Items.In the end of 2011, one month before 3 year warranty expired, my g25 (which people say is invincible) pedal potentiometers started spiking so they sent me a g27 which I use today (but I think I feel ffb faster now, pedals are getting sticky and don't know why but leather coating is peeling of)

Everyone says that Accuforce is the way to go for its reliability and feel, but being European its price jumps 2 times the CSW if you include customs and shipping. Plus I would have to buy a second wheel for console use.

I think as far as price goes CSW V2 is my limit (my sensible side would not go for that price range but my birthday is coming up), but I'm just afraid of it breaking all the time (even worse outside of warranty). I understand that there could be bad batches.

Ideally I think that higher end wheels should last 3-6 years, but I'm starting to think that its not possible.

My CSW V2 has been flawless since day 1. The V2 is worlds better than the V1. 3hrs in >30c ambient heat without a hitch. No fade, no glitches, no rattles, nothing.

Do you need either of the universal hubs for PS4 compatibility or will the BMW/Formula/Porsche rims work on the PS4?
I have just bought the CSW V2 with the BMW M3 GT2 wheel & using it on PCars on PS4 with no issues. Funny actually I have more buttons available with this set up than I had with the Thrustmaster T300RS, the wheel with full PS4 support lol.

Well, I had a V1. Loved it. It did two things that are not seen in the V2 so far. 1. The force feedback faded after 30 minutes of playing. I mostly played GT6 and F1 games with it. 2. The Mabuchi brushed motors did fail once, but I did have the first production run.
My V2 is a different story. 1. The force feedback does not fade. (as far as I've been able to notice) 2. The feel is better with brushless motors and hall sensors. 3. I've had mine since the first production invite run and it's been flawless so far.

Will this last 6-10 years? We'll see, but by then we'll be on version 4 =) Everything improves with time, design tweaks and new technology my friends.

The Accuforce seems really cool, but if you want Console compatibility the CSWv2 seems to be one of the top choices. You could go Logitech, but they are stuck on using brushed motors. So 2005 =)

Something tells me that wheel rim is a one off, sort of like the Audi wheel rim that was shown around the time the CSW V1 was unveiled. I'll be surprised if that rim makes it to retail.

Looks like rather a large amount of input lag between the wheel and ingame sterring, shown in the video above. The rim looks like the GT rim.

FYI the US store now no longer has the invite issue - you can pre-order a wheel directly without the code.

So I did.
Nice!

It's been available in the EU for a little while without invites, I slightly regret giving my original invite away..

But I' just bowed under the pressure and just ordered:
f0NLWyn.png

Followed by pre-ordering:
GAdXESL.png

I've got a leather 300mm Mountney M Range wheel which I bought for a race car project earlier this year that is still in the box, and I've just checked it has the standard 70mm PCD 6 hole pattern, so I think I'm good to go!

It is a shame to see a few niggles with the CSW V2 base, I have been through the support rounds with my old fanatec PWTS and whilst it was a faff to keep shipping it back to Germany, they sorted it all out and refunded postage, so I can't complain too much since they eventually gave me a CSR wheel which is still OK today.

Last edited:
Something tells me that wheel rim is a one off, sort of like the Audi wheel rim that was shown around the time the CSW V1 was unveiled. I'll be surprised if that rim makes it to retail.

We will see.
I think this one will be released. There is room for a Xbox or Forza related rim in the fanatec list of products.
In addition, this one seems to be in smooth leather instead of the suede one for the GT rim.... again something that can be interesting to add to the already available ones.

Nice!

It's been available in the EU for a little while without invites, I slightly regret giving my original invite away..

But I' just bowed under the pressure and just ordered:
f0NLWyn.png

Followed by pre-ordering:
GAdXESL.png

I've got a leather 300mm Mountney M Range wheel which I bought for a race car project earlier this year that is still in the box, and I've just checked it has the standard 70mm PCD 6 hole pattern, so I think I'm good to go!

It is a shame to see a few niggles with the CSW V2 base, I have been through the support rounds with my old fanatec PWTS and whilst it was a faff to keep shipping it back to Germany, they sorted it all out and refunded postage, so I can't complain too much since they eventually gave me a CSR wheel which is still OK today.

Um... I am not sure you need two Universal Hubs. The XB1 hub works with all consoles.

Yes the XBox one hub is the real universal Hub, that's why Fanatec decrease the old hub price that will not be produce anymore.

Back